Illegals in Martha's Vineyard

85,389 Views | 1489 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by whiterock
Wangchung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
muddybrazos said:

Wangchung said:

Activists suing DeSantis over Martha's Vineyard flights received over $1.3M from George Soros network

https://www.yahoo.com/news/activists-suing-desantis-over-martha-191150505.html
Soros is bankrolling this entire invasion. He has been funding all of the NGO's that help the people get to the border and then funds lawyers for them when here.
We aren't allowed to talk about that. We are supposed to believe this is all innocent coincidence and normal because we need millions of 3rd world poor just to be able to eat and have clean toilets! Also, the border is totally under control and any perceived problems stemming from the non-open border are just imaginary issues fabricated by racists and xenophobes.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Forest Bueller_bf
Canada2017 said:

Wangchung said:

Activists suing DeSantis over Martha's Vineyard flights received over $1.3M from George Soros network

And the defamation of DeSantis begins in earnest .

About 50 illegals being sent to a rich folks summer 'colony ' .

But Biden transporting MILLIONS of illegals throughout the country ……that's perfectly ok .

Dangerous clown world .

50 illegals in Martha's Vinyard is worse than many thousands traveling through Del Rio.

To the rich, hypocrites who live in the Vinyard.
Canada2017
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

Wangchung said:

But Biden transporting MILLIONS of illegals throughout the country ……that's perfectly ok .

Dangerous clown world .

50 illegals in Martha's Vinyard is worse than many thousands traveling through Del Rio.

DeSantis hit the mark......this wave only stops when rich Yankees are directly impacted.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

Wangchung said:

Dangerous clown world .

DeSantis hit the mark......this wave only stops when rich Yankees are directly impacted.
When rooster fights abound in the open in New England, it stops.

Booray
He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

I don't know about dropping them off at Kamela's front door, that's purely politics, but I love the idea that they are getting access to all this welcome and aid all across the US.
How many additional illegals should we welcome and provide aid ?

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?
Once again, talking about illegals, and legal migrants, are 2 different conversations. I think no state will be bussing illegals up North, they'd get into some serious legal trouble, aiding illegals.

So these are legal migrants. We do not take in unlimited, we theoretically have a plan for these migrants who come to the US the right way, with the right paperwork, backgrounds (maybe) checked.

If you're aware of all this, I don't understand your point.

edit: You guys are howling like hyenas but assuming I'm right and these aren't illegals, you're making leftist points for the left. You see brown people and immediately jump to "deport the illegals." That's not a good look........

As I said, Abbott is doing these people a huge favor. Desantis I'm not sure, if he just keeps flying them to resorts, that doesn't seem like doing them a favor. But bussing to large sanctuary cities with the social services and available jobs to give these people a great chance at a new life is just an amazing opportunity. Why not frame it as that? Why do you guys have to drone on and on about how much you hate
illegals?
Funny, you want to pretend illegals are suddenly legal simply because Biden asks them to super duper pinky promise to appear at a court date later. What we see here is as plain as your deflection; democrats wanted to do exactly what you're doing here and play the race card every time anyone sought to secure the border. Democrats pronounced to the world that illegals were welcome in their sanctuary cities (why would legal immigrants need sanctuary?) Now we see you democrats losing your minds that brown people are showing up where they were invited and it's back to the race card. Oh right, YOU claim you're happy and that, despite their own protestations by the cities themselves, these sanctuary cities have a plan to serve these illegals, right? Nevermind what they're saying about not having space or resources, trust you on this, right? Hahaha, hey, we are glad at least one leftist likes this, because forcing democrats to reveal their hypocrisy in such a public fashion is greatness to the rest of us.

Thought conservatives wanted to apply the law as written. Characterize it as condescendingly as you want, when those people stepped on the bus they were legally in this country.
nope.. doesnt matter what they do in this country, they are not here legally until they are..

I have family friends dealing with this right now. The husband and 3 kids are all legal US citizens by birth. The wife is a dreamer who was brought here illegally at age 5. Now, 26 yr old and still not legal.

Being here doesnt make you legal.
Different from the situaiton you describe. When I say that the people shipped to Martha's Vineyard are here legally, I am saying that they followed the laws of the United States in seeking asylum. That gives them a legal right to remain int he country until their asylum request is adjudicated.

You might disagree with the law, but that is the law.

Fine, so Florida doesn't have the right to help them get to Mass to wait for their hearings?

Do you believe non-border states should be allowed to determine immigration laws? If they are, then there should be no issue taking g a small amount until hearings. After all asylum is not planned, so Florida has no idea how many will show up and when.
Florida can do what it wants to help people awaiting asylum heaqrings. If Florida lies to people, takes them in place where they have no shot at work, to prove a political point, then Florida is a jerk.

The federal government sets immigration policy. It has to be that way.

Why do they have no shot at work?
Are you saying Martha's Vineyard is racist? That is illegal. Will Garland investigate why these asylum seekers are denied work in Martha's Vineyard?

Why do you assume Florida is easy to find work? This is a National issue, the Feds are making the policy. All the States should help.
Because Martha's Vineyard's economy is wholly seasonal.

Florida is not a seasonal place. Yeah. 50 people can't find a job in the Martha Vineyard area???? 50. We are talking less than a football team. Yet the economy can't handle it.

No, there are not 50 extra jobs in Martha's Vineyard in the off season. The population is about 10% of what it is in-season. Most businesses just close.

It is nothing at all like "off season" Florida. These facts are inconvenient for you, I know.

No, it is inconvenient for you. You are comparing one city to a State. The State of Mass is not equipped to handle 50 people?

As for Florida, we have a 30% seasonal factor (smowbirds). It is worse in Geb/March for Spring Training. That is pretty extreme, for those of us that actually deal with seasonality.

A comparison to Martha's Vineyard would be Key Biscayne. When illegals show up, they don't stay there. Do you have any experience with what you are talking about?

Your Key Biscayne analogy proves my point, not yours. They do not willingly go where there is no work. Here they were apparently tricked into going where there is no work.

Also, I don't think Florida shrinks by 30% at any point in the year. Martha's Vineyard shrinks by 90% starting about right now.

And your suggestion is, hey just get a job somewhere else in Massachusetts. Never mind that you don't have any transport. Not very realistic.

BS, there is work in the border towns??? They go where they get in. In Florida, they go where the raft lands, one of the Keys. No work. This is not a thought out career plan, they go where they can get in. Martha's Vineyard is as good as any place else. They are in processed at the initial site, often to never be seen again for their hearing.

Geez you are dense, you think they are staying in Martha's Vineyard? They will be there a day, then on to Boston or other processing place. Mass has great social services, DeSantis did them a favor.

So you admit they were sent somewhere they were never going to stay?

That describes almost every tourist in history.
LOL and true.

To be clear-I am not one who is claiming that DeSantis violated the Venezulans' human rights. He obviously used them to make a political point, a pont I have repeatedly said has validity. That was unfair to the 50 people transferred becuase it involved false hopes and put them in a confusing situation.To say being unfair to them because they are here illegally is wrong. At present they have a legal right to be in the United States.

Basically a jerk move, but one that proves a point.
Canada2017
He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

Wangchung said:

Dangerous clown world .

When rooster fights abound in the open in New England, it stops.

Just like forced school busing back in the 70's .
FLBear5630
Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

RMF5630 said:

Booray said:

4th and Inches said:

Booray said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

I don't know about dropping them off at Kamela's front door, that's purely politics, but I love the idea that they are getting access to all this welcome and aid all across the US.
How many additional illegals should we welcome and provide aid ?

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?
Once again, talking about illegals, and legal migrants, are 2 different conversations. I think no state will be bussing illegals up North, they'd get into some serious legal trouble, aiding illegals.

So these are legal migrants. We do not take in unlimited, we theoretically have a plan for these migrants who come to the US the right way, with the right paperwork, backgrounds (maybe) checked.

If you're aware of all this, I don't understand your point.

edit: You guys are howling like hyenas but assuming I'm right and these aren't illegals, you're making leftist points for the left. You see brown people and immediately jump to "deport the illegals." That's not a good look........

As I said, Abbott is doing these people a huge favor. Desantis I'm not sure, if he just keeps flying them to resorts, that doesn't seem like doing them a favor. But bussing to large sanctuary cities with the social services and available jobs to give these people a great chance at a new life is just an amazing opportunity. Why not frame it as that? Why do you guys have to drone on and on about how much you hate
illegals?
Funny, you want to pretend illegals are suddenly legal simply because Biden asks them to super duper pinky promise to appear at a court date later. What we see here is as plain as your deflection; democrats wanted to do exactly what you're doing here and play the race card every time anyone sought to secure the border. Democrats pronounced to the world that illegals were welcome in their sanctuary cities (why would legal immigrants need sanctuary?) Now we see you democrats losing your minds that brown people are showing up where they were invited and it's back to the race card. Oh right, YOU claim you're happy and that, despite their own protestations by the cities themselves, these sanctuary cities have a plan to serve these illegals, right? Nevermind what they're saying about not having space or resources, trust you on this, right? Hahaha, hey, we are glad at least one leftist likes this, because forcing democrats to reveal their hypocrisy in such a public fashion is greatness to the rest of us.

Thought conservatives wanted to apply the law as written. Characterize it as condescendingly as you want, when those people stepped on the bus they were legally in this country.
nope.. doesnt matter what they do in this country, they are not here legally until they are..

I have family friends dealing with this right now. The husband and 3 kids are all legal US citizens by birth. The wife is a dreamer who was brought here illegally at age 5. Now, 26 yr old and still not legal.

Being here doesnt make you legal.
Different from the situaiton you describe. When I say that the people shipped to Martha's Vineyard are here legally, I am saying that they followed the laws of the United States in seeking asylum. That gives them a legal right to remain int he country until their asylum request is adjudicated.

You might disagree with the law, but that is the law.

Fine, so Florida doesn't have the right to help them get to Mass to wait for their hearings?

Do you believe non-border states should be allowed to determine immigration laws? If they are, then there should be no issue taking g a small amount until hearings. After all asylum is not planned, so Florida has no idea how many will show up and when.
Florida can do what it wants to help people awaiting asylum heaqrings. If Florida lies to people, takes them in place where they have no shot at work, to prove a political point, then Florida is a jerk.

The federal government sets immigration policy. It has to be that way.

Why do they have no shot at work?
Are you saying Martha's Vineyard is racist? That is illegal. Will Garland investigate why these asylum seekers are denied work in Martha's Vineyard?

Why do you assume Florida is easy to find work? This is a National issue, the Feds are making the policy. All the States should help.
Because Martha's Vineyard's economy is wholly seasonal.

Florida is not a seasonal place. Yeah. 50 people can't find a job in the Martha Vineyard area???? 50. We are talking less than a football team. Yet the economy can't handle it.

No, there are not 50 extra jobs in Martha's Vineyard in the off season. The population is about 10% of what it is in-season. Most businesses just close.

It is nothing at all like "off season" Florida. These facts are inconvenient for you, I know.

No, it is inconvenient for you. You are comparing one city to a State. The State of Mass is not equipped to handle 50 people?

As for Florida, we have a 30% seasonal factor (smowbirds). It is worse in Geb/March for Spring Training. That is pretty extreme, for those of us that actually deal with seasonality.

A comparison to Martha's Vineyard would be Key Biscayne. When illegals show up, they don't stay there. Do you have any experience with what you are talking about?

Your Key Biscayne analogy proves my point, not yours. They do not willingly go where there is no work. Here they were apparently tricked into going where there is no work.

Also, I don't think Florida shrinks by 30% at any point in the year. Martha's Vineyard shrinks by 90% starting about right now.

And your suggestion is, hey just get a job somewhere else in Massachusetts. Never mind that you don't have any transport. Not very realistic.

BS, there is work in the border towns??? They go where they get in. In Florida, they go where the raft lands, one of the Keys. No work. This is not a thought out career plan, they go where they can get in. Martha's Vineyard is as good as any place else. They are in processed at the initial site, often to never be seen again for their hearing.

Geez you are dense, you think they are staying in Martha's Vineyard? They will be there a day, then on to Boston or other processing place. Mass has great social services, DeSantis did them a favor.

So you admit they were sent somewhere they were never going to stay? Why not just send the to Boston in the first place?

How am I supposed to know. Are they expected to stay in ElPaso? Florida and Texas has every right to send some of the asylum seekers to other states to spread out the impact.
HuMcK
Sounds like things got a little hotter than the FL Gov anticipated.
Wangchung
HuMcK said:

Sounds like things got a little hotter than the FL Gov anticipated.

Oh no! They were left at a hotel?!? Someone get them back under a bridge, ASAP! Better yet, load them up in a tractor trailer! Nothing makes democrats feel better then truckloads of dead illegals.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
HuMcK
The point is he cancelled the flights. Must not have gotten the polling reaction he wanted I guess.
Wangchung
HuMcK said:

The point is he cancelled the flights. Must not have gotten the polling reaction he wanted I guess.
Oh well by all means feel free to make up your own reasons why it happened.
Canada2017
J.R. said:

I'd like to know how many of you boys who want to build a wall ect (I'm for real immigration reform ...play by the rules, not a bull rush). have "Beaners" doing the yard, pool, housekeeping? Fess up, boys. If you have , said "Beaners" , do you 1099 them....Seriously doubt it.

My friend, you just admitted on another thread you have employed an illegal for 25 years to clean your house and occasionally take care of your kids .

Yet you post this stuff ?

Double standard much ?
Forest Bueller_bf
Mind you going by actual statistics 87% of "Asylum Seekers" never show up for their hearing, they just want to get here, and it is mission accomplished, so they are illegally here.

Of the 13% that show up for their hearing 1.5% are actually granted Asylum.

So of all these folks, 2 10ths of 1% are actually here legally in the long run.

Why should Texas, Arizona, Florida and California have to deal with the bulk of these folks.

Biden has flown these folks all over creation and not a peep from the left. So a few are sent to
an "enclave" and all hell breaks loose.

Hypocrites.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Mind you going by actual statistics 87% of "Asylum Seekers" never show up for their hearing, they just want to get here, and it is mission accomplished, so they are illegally here.

So of all these folks, 2 10ths of 1% are are actually here legally in the long run.

Why should Texas, Arizona, Florida and California have to deal with the bulk of these folks.

Biden has flown these folks all over creation and not a peep from the left. So a few are sent to

Hypocrites.
I read stories of grocery stores running out of food either last year or earlier this year because of the influx in illegals and law enforcement that had to show up to deal with them. Is that humane for the Americans--nay, even better, the Texans--who live along the border to have to pay a price for federal governments refusal to protect our citizens and our border? is it just that the policies that the leftists in California and New England champion hurt Texans but not them?
william
scattershooting whilst pondering if any of the 'guests' spit out their chardonnay (w/ the crab cakes plate or the lobster bisque) and asked one with 'less bite, more oak, apple-ey, maybe a soupcon of cinnamon, por favor'................

- KKM

Go Bears!
FLBear5630
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Hypocrites.
The move after the midterms is to do away with Filibuster, then amnesty is coming before 2024...
whiterock
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Hypocrites.

….because the Immigration and Naturalization Act is written to exclude economic refugees and admit political refugees, people who face risk to life or liberty because of they cannot or should not have to change: their religious or political beliefs, their language or culture, etc…. You could fit the number of people from the New World (excluding Cuba and a Venezuela) who qualify in a handful of Greyhound buses.
Doc Holliday
Cobretti
Redbrickbear
Doc Holliday said:

"muh is this racism?"
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Hypocrites.

….because the Immigration and Naturalization Act is written to exclude economic refugees and admit political refugees, people who face risk to life or liberty because of they cannot or should not have to change: their religious or political beliefs, their language or culture, etc…. You could fit the number of people from the New World (excluding Cuba and a Venezuela) who qualify in a handful of Greyhound buses.
And lots of fraud in the "political refugee" system.

https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-asylum-fraud-and-immigration-court-absentia-rates/

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/nyregion/asylum-fraud-in-chinatown-industry-of-lies.html
quash
Golem said:

J.R. said:

Terrible bit by DeSantis. These are real people (who came here illegally) and should not be used as political pawns. To the GOP and DEMS.....Fix the effing immigration problem. We need immigration, but it needs to be legal. It just should not be that freaking hard.
Save your outrage, knob. The democrats refuse to enforce the borders in hopes importing millions of people from marxist countries will change the voting demographics. The ONLY way to stop them is to make them feel pain....lots of pain. They thought they would just screw up the south. Our governors are not only doing the absolute right thing with these illegals (who aren't entitled to be here anyway), but they are playing the game to win....FINALLY.

Wrong. Not that you care but asylum seekers are not "illegals". At least not until they have had their day in court. But the state manipulating people always seems to garner your approval.

This was a sham from the start. These folks were given bad info, MV had no heads up but still treated them warmly until the feds quickly tried to return them (too late for some of them who missed their asylum hearings), and all done on the taxpayers' dime. What a waste.

Will be interesting to see which Florida "illegals" are prosecuted, if any.
Forest Bueller_bf
Cobretti said:

So we have another dementia sufferer in a position of great power.

Not to mention an elitist *****.

Golem
quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Terrible bit by DeSantis. These are real people (who came here illegally) and should not be used as political pawns. To the GOP and DEMS.....Fix the effing immigration problem. We need immigration, but it needs to be legal. It just should not be that freaking hard.
Save your outrage, knob. The democrats refuse to enforce the borders in hopes importing millions of people from marxist countries will change the voting demographics. The ONLY way to stop them is to make them feel pain....lots of pain. They thought they would just screw up the south. Our governors are not only doing the absolute right thing with these illegals (who aren't entitled to be here anyway), but they are playing the game to win....FINALLY.

Wrong. Not that you care but asylum seekers are not "illegals". At least not until they have had their day in court. But the state manipulating people always seems to garner your approval.

This was a sham from the start. These folks were given bad info, MV had no heads up but still treated them warmly until the feds quickly tried to return them (too late for some of them who missed their asylum hearings), and all done on the taxpayers' dime. What a waste.

Just like a leftist democrat. If you don't like the facts (male, female, illegal alien, racism, recession, etc) just change the name/definition and declare victory. Orwell would be so proud his prophecy was so acutely and painfully true.
whiterock
quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

uh, counselor. asylum seekers who crossed the border are, by definition, aliens in this country illegally. Thy remain illegal aliens until their asylum petitions are approved.

(in fact, the whole "asylum seeker" routine is nothing but a defense against deportation that forces the USG to release detainees to await resolution of their asylum case. +90% of them do not appear for their hearings, because A) they know they don't qualify, B) an appearance could lead to detention & deportation, and C) they don't need the asylum status.....they are here (the goal all along) and could care less about being legal.

Illegals should not be prosecuted. For anything. They should be deported. Why on earth would we want to incarcerate someone we could ship back home. (need a wall, though, to keep them from walking back across the border.)
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

uh, counselor. asylum seekers who crossed the border are, by definition, aliens in this country illegally. Thy remain illegal aliens until their asylum petitions are approved.

(in fact, the whole "asylum seeker" routine is nothing but a defense against deportation that forces the USG to release detainees to await resolution of their asylum case. +90% of them do not appear for their hearings, because A) they know they don't qualify, B) an appearance could lead to detention & deportation, and C) they don't need the asylum status.....they are here (the goal all along) and could care less about being legal.

Illegals should not be prosecuted. For anything. They should be deported. Why on earth would we want to incarcerate someone we could ship back home. (need a wall, though, to keep them from walking back across the border.)
I thought Trump had an effective policy, wait in Mexico, process as fast as we can and Mexico tighten their Southern Border.

They are asylum seekers and will get a hearing, but that does not give them "Carte Blanche" until that is determined. They are here as guest of the US Government, that means they follow the US policies and procedures and wait for hearings where the US (including States) says they do, even if it is Martha's Vineyard.

That said, the US does owe them protection until a determination is made.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Wrong. Not that you care but asylum seekers are not "illegals". At least not until they have had their day in court (or don't show up for court, which most don't). But the state manipulating people always seems to garner your approval.

One of the main jobs of our government (any gov't) is to protect its homeland and secure its border. Biden has failed miserably - just like he and his supportrs want.

But hey, lets just keep the border open for all of these "asylum" seekers (liars) so we can have a big enough supply of fentanyl. It's not like parents of infants need baby formula or anything.

But if you want to call the liars that aren't seeking asylum, seekers, go ahead; I'll keep calling them what they are, illegals.
Whiskey Pete
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Cobretti said:

So we have another dementia sufferer in a position of great power.

Not to mention an elitist *****.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a person that supports a president that said (about Obama) "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean."
whiterock
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

I thought Trump had an effective policy, wait in Mexico, process as fast as we can and Mexico tighten their Southern Border.

They are asylum seekers and will get a hearing, but that does not give them "Carte Blanche" until that is determined. They are here as guest of the US Government, that means they follow the US policies and procedures and wait for hearings where the US (including States) says they do, even if it is Martha's Vineyard.

Wait in Mexico was the single most important part of his success on the border.

We have a moral hazard on the border. No one fears the consequences of crossing. They get don't get caught? They get to stay here. They do get caught? They say "asylum" then they get released with a hearing date and are able to stay here. In a free society, "stay here" means "as long as you don't commit a felony, you're home free." What 'stay in Mex" did was remove that moral hazard. Returning you to Mexico to await the outcome of an asylum hearing meant you did not get to remain in the US, ignore your hearing, and live a good life. It meant you lost all that money you paid the cartels to get here, and had to earn more to cross again - because it IS a protection racket.... crossing the border without cartel escort is risking your life, should you encounter a cartel group. ( I have personally witnessed small groups of illegals running TOWARD Border Patrol agents. The explanation given (by a USBP supervisor) is "they were running from the cartels." ) Most of these illegals from places south of Mexico pay everything they have to get here, so getting caught & sent back to Mexico means they're starting all over in the worst ways....not only do they have no cash, they have no family, no means of employment, etc.....the only way they can "pay" to cross again is to offer their services to the cartels......

Cartels are making money coming/going, hand over fist....

The illegals are taking advantages of an INA structured to handle old risks - visa jumpers....people who fly across the oceans to enter legally, and then never go home. That represents a big percentage of the illegal population, but a fairly small percentage of the people entering. Then there is the refugee aspect....INA is written to allow solely political refugees. Yet we are a compassionate people and find it hard to say no to the "starving illegal beset by a crime ridden corrupt society. So illegals are coached (by open borders NGS and cartels) to request asylum, knowing that our refugee processing infrastructure is set for tens of thousands a year (against border crossings of tens of thousands per DAY). That one thing, a request for asylum, is a get o out of (deportation) jail card. USBP knows it. ICE knows it. Political leadership on both sides of the aisle know it. But they play dumb. Because we need the immigrants. They are powerfully economically stimulative.

As the border crossing game grew, however, INA was never really changed to disincentivize it. Things we could do? A wall helps. Wait in Mexico helps. And one more thing would really, really help - requiring all asylum cases to originate in embassies/consulates. Just requiring people to get prior approval for asylum (and making it impossible to request it here) would stop this flow cold. but to do that, we need political leadership who will have the courage to do what the American people want (stop illegal immigration) rather than making harder decisions about how to achieve economic growth.

There is a guy brave enough to do that. Maybe two.
I continue to maintain they will be on the Republican ticket in 2024
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Wait in Mexico was the single most important part of his success on the border.

We have a moral hazard on the border. No one fears the consequences of crossing. They get don't get caught? They get to stay here. They do get caught? They say "asylum" then they get released with a hearing date and are able to stay here. In a free society, "stay here" means "as long as you don't commit a felony, you're home free." What 'stay in Mex" did was remove that moral hazard. Returning you to Mexico to await the outcome of an asylum hearing meant you did not get to remain in the US, ignore your hearing, and live a good life. It meant you lost all that money you paid the cartels to get here, and had to earn more to cross again - because it IS a protection racket.... crossing the border without cartel escort is risking your life, should you encounter a cartel group. ( I have personally witnessed small groups of illegals running TOWARD Border Patrol agents. The explanation given (by a USBP supervisor) is "they were running from the cartels." ) Most of these illegals from places south of Mexico pay everything they have to get here, so getting caught & sent back to Mexico means they're starting all over in the worst ways....not only do they have no cash, they have no family, no means of employment, etc.....the only way they can "pay" to cross again is to offer their services to the cartels......

Cartels are making money coming/going, hand over fist....

The illegals are taking advantages of an INA structured to handle old risks - visa jumpers....people who fly across the oceans to enter legally, and then never go home. That represents a big percentage of the illegal population, but a fairly small percentage of the people entering. Then there is the refugee aspect....INA is written to allow solely political refugees. Yet we are a compassionate people and find it hard to say no to the "starving illegal beset by a crime ridden corrupt society. So illegals are coached (by open borders NGS and cartels) to request asylum, knowing that our refugee processing infrastructure is set for tens of thousands a year (against border crossings of tens of thousands per DAY). That one thing, a request for asylum, is a get o out of (deportation) jail card. USBP knows it. ICE knows it. Political leadership on both sides of the aisle know it. But they play dumb. Because we need the immigrants. They are powerfully economically stimulative.

As the border crossing game grew, however, INA was never really changed to disincentivize it. Things we could do? A wall helps. Wait in Mexico helps. And one more thing would really, really help - requiring all asylum cases to originate in embassies/consulates. Just requiring people to get prior approval for asylum (and making it impossible to request it here) would stop this flow cold. but to do that, we need political leadership who will have the courage to do what the American people want (stop illegal immigration) rather than making harder decisions about how to achieve economic growth.

There is a guy brave enough to do that. Maybe two.
I continue to maintain they will be on the Republican ticket in 2024
I agree. I live in Florida and saw what happened with Liberty City in Miami after Mariel. It is still bad down there. You cannot just take immigrants without some type of system. My relatives came to the US through Ellis Island with a sponsor and 30 day quarantine. Follow the immigration laws, one overlooked fact is that the US takes in the most immigrants of any Nations about 1 million a year legally...
quash
Golem said:

quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Just like a leftist democrat. If you don't like the facts (male, female, illegal alien, racism, recession, etc) just change the name/definition and declare victory. Orwell would be so proud his prophecy was so acutely and painfully true.

Words have meaning. We are a nation of laws and until asylum seekers get their day in court they are here legally. See 8 USC Sec 1158.

That's a law. Can we agree on what laws are or do you think the word "law" has some leftist twist to it?

Also, you didn't deal with the facts in my post in any way whatsoever. Verifies your post.
quash
whiterock said:

quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

You are simply wrong. 11 USC Sec. 1158. I did a search for the term "illegal" and found none. Can you show me where in the law you got your notion?

Also, you are wrong about the numbers who do not appear.
whiterock
quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

You are simply wrong. 11 USC Sec. 1158. I did a search for the term "illegal" and found none. Can you show me where in the law you got your notion?

Also, you are wrong about the numbers who do not appear.

Counselor, you have badly misused your links there in the last sentence. The "wrong" link is about deportation proceedings, not asylum proceedings. The "numbers" link refers purely to the percentage of "clients" who appear, not illegal immigrants who appear. The numbers I'm talking about refers to the hearings on asylum. Virtually none show for those.

regarding your first para: throughout the structure of INA is the concept of "citizen" vs "alien." It is a binary. You are either a citizen or not. (people with a claim on citizenship..."person"....are typically treated as de facto citizens in many respects, but still are NOT citizens. that concept runs broader than just the INA. "Persons" are invariably treated as "citizens," for example, by intelligence agencies. Same prior approvals required to employ "persons" as citizens. Have some war stories (with unhappy endings) about that.)

When an alien enters the country illegally, or overstays a visa illegally, they become an illegal alien, subject to deportation. Many will, if arrested, waive deportation and return home voluntarily, as a deportation renders one statutorially ineligible to ever enter the US again. The current migrant flows are merely using the asylum process to forestall those deportation proceedings (for years). (because our capacity for processing asylum petitions is dwarfed by the number of asylum requests.)

You should know that I have a (BU grad) sister-in-law who is an immigration judge. My experience and training occurred quite some time ago, but I keep pretty current because I'm one of the few people in her world she can talk shop with....
Harrison Bergeron
Let's keep sending them all to Martha's Vineyard. I'm sure they will happily support them and their asylum claims.
Cobretti

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.