Illegals in Martha's Vineyard

85,482 Views | 1489 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by whiterock
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

But the USA just can't do it

The Poles are not going to make it easy for the little green men.

Nice to see the USA ruling class using tax payer money to defend the Poles from unwanted foreigners.

Wish they would use our own money to defend us from the same.
Redbrickbear
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

But the USA just can't do it

The Poles are not going to make it easy for the little green men.

Nice to see the USA ruling class using tax payer money to defend the Poles from unwanted foreigners.

Wish they would use our own money to defend us from the same.
I didn't see any evidence that the US taxpayer provided so much as a nickel for the Polish fence. We are in an alliance with Poland, so our assistance to them with defense normally goes no further than training & such within Nato. The Poles I believe have made cash purchases of the US military hardware they own.

I agree that defending our own border is even more important than helping Ukraine expel the Russian Army from its borders, but the way you phrased it is a false dilemma. We can and should do both, and it would be incredibly irresponsible not to do one just because the other isn't happening.

Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
quash
Redbrickbear said:

If they request asylum properly they are not, in fact, illegal.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
whiterock
quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

incredibly revealing article. The airlines are responsible for cost of repatriation of anyone who is refused entry to the USA for lack of a visa. So the counter clerks check visas carefully. There's no way airlines will allow ANYONE without a visa to board an aircraft headed to the USA unless the USG has sent written guidance that those people will be admitted upon arrival.

Polling on the mounting "border crisis" was terrible for Dems. The expiration of Title 42 and the mounting horde massing south of the border to wade the river had finally captured the attention of American people, who were not happy. Yet...the crisis never happened. Why? Simple. Just let the illegals cross thru the border ports of entry! I mean, why have people walk from Brazil up the length of the two continents to pay the cartels the protection monies necessary to cross the border? We can avoid all of that, the people drowning in the river, the people dying of dysentery out in the bush somewhere, the sheriff departments doing high-speed chases of a dozen people in a F-150 down US 281........by just letting them come thru the ports of entry! No need to make the Hatians take a boat, or Chinese take a flight, to Mexico. Oh no. That's too much a burden on our neighbors to the south.

These people are brilliant. Just issue a policy that anyone can cross without a visa at any port of entry and...VOILA.....the illegal immigration policy is solved! Border defended!!

This is a completely anti-statutory execution of immigration policy.....purposely doing EXACTLY what statute is designed to prevent.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Cobretti
JXL
So it turns out that Mayor Eric Adams of NYC, after denouncing Abbott and DeSantis for shipping migrants around the country, is um shipping migrants around the country.

Fortunately he's a Democrat though, so it's perfectly okay.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/23/eric-adams-hammered-florida-and-texas-over-migrants-but-he-sent-asylum-seekers-to-both-00103447
Harrison Bergeron
JXL said:

So it turns out that Mayor Eric Adams of NYC, after denouncing Abbott and DeSantis for shipping migrants around the country, is um shipping migrants around the country.

Fortunately he's a Democrat though, so it's perfectly okay.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/23/eric-adams-hammered-florida-and-texas-over-migrants-but-he-sent-asylum-seekers-to-both-00103447
Hypocrisy is a core tenet of being an authoritarian fascist regressive.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
quash
whiterock said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

incredibly revealing article. The airlines are responsible for cost of repatriation of anyone who is refused entry to the USA for lack of a visa. So the counter clerks check visas carefully. There's no way airlines will allow ANYONE without a visa to board an aircraft headed to the USA unless the USG has sent written guidance that those people will be admitted upon arrival.

Polling on the mounting "border crisis" was terrible for Dems. The expiration of Title 42 and the mounting horde massing south of the border to wade the river had finally captured the attention of American people, who were not happy. Yet...the crisis never happened. Why? Simple. Just let the illegals cross thru the border ports of entry! I mean, why have people walk from Brazil up the length of the two continents to pay the cartels the protection monies necessary to cross the border? We can avoid all of that, the people drowning in the river, the people dying of dysentery out in the bush somewhere, the sheriff departments doing high-speed chases of a dozen people in a F-150 down US 281........by just letting them come thru the ports of entry! No need to make the Hatians take a boat, or Chinese take a flight, to Mexico. Oh no. That's too much a burden on our neighbors to the south.

These people are brilliant. Just issue a policy that anyone can cross without a visa at any port of entry and...VOILA.....the illegal immigration policy is solved! Border defended!!

This is a completely anti-statutory execution of immigration policy.....purposely doing EXACTLY what statute is designed to prevent.

Cool story bro. I like the part where you left out asylum claims get decided.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
whiterock
quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

I didn't leave that part out. The Biden Admin left that part out.
quash
whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Guess I missed the announcement about the closing of the immigration court. Link?
whiterock
quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Guess I missed the announcement about the closing of the immigration court. Link?

You are apparently not aware that the Immigration Courts do not determine refugee status.
quash
whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

You are apparently not aware that the Immigration Courts do not determine refugee status.

Defensive asylum is heard in immigration court. You could look it up.
whiterock
quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Don't need to. I used to be an immigration judge (consular officer).

Asylum claims are issued in court as a defense against deportation. The adjudication of asylum is done by administrative officers....asylum officers. Court rules accordingly on the deportation.

The problem is, we have enough asylum officers on staff to do, in a year, the number of refugee claims being made in about 14 days.

Asylum, you see, is an executive function. Congress identifies a statutory quota, then delegates the rest to the Executive Branch. The quotas vary. When I was in, it was a mid-range 5 digit number each year. Lowest I remember was 37,500. Under Biden, quota has ranged from 60-125k. Staffing in the refugee department is set accordingly.

So if you know that you are receiving 60-80k refugee claims per week, yet you only have enough refugee officers to process 2k per week, wouldn't it make sense to do something other than just waive tens of thousands of people across the border every week with some future court date where the refugee officer could tell the judge who qualifies or not? Wouldn't it make sense, given your constitutional duty to defend the border, to turn those refugees back to Mexico to await adjudication of their refugee status? Why if you just continued waiving everyone across the border to wait here with future dates for asylum hearings they never show up to, one should hardly be surprised when accused of just using process to prevent the American people from realizing we had an open border.

Obvious Cloward-Piven strategy going on at the border. Overwhelm the asylum system to force USG to allow partisan bureaucrats to admit refugees who patently do not qualify for refugee status but cannot be turned away due to lack of administrative capacity.

But you like that, so it's ok.
quash
whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Asylum claims are issued in court as a defense against deportation. The adjudication of asylum is done by administrative officers....asylum officers. Court rules accordingly on the deportation.

The problem is, we have enough asylum officers on staff to do, in a year, the number of refugee claims being made in about 14 days.

Asylum, you see, is an executive function. Congress identifies a statutory quota, then delegates the rest to the Executive Branch. The quotas vary. When I was in, it was a mid-range 5 digit number each year. Lowest I remember was 37,500. Under Biden, quota has ranged from 60-125k. Staffing in the refugee department is set accordingly.

So if you know that you are receiving 60-80k refugee claims per week, yet you only have enough refugee officers to process 2k per week, wouldn't it make sense to do something other than just waive tens of thousands of people across the border every week with some future court date where the refugee officer could tell the judge who qualifies or not? Wouldn't it make sense, given your constitutional duty to defend the border, to turn those refugees back to Mexico to await adjudication of their refugee status? Why if you just continued waiving everyone across the border to wait here with future dates for asylum hearings they never show up to, one should hardly be surprised when accused of just using process to prevent the American people from realizing we had an open border.

Obvious Cloward-Piven strategy going on at the border. Overwhelm the asylum system to force USG to allow partisan bureaucrats to admit refugees who patently do not qualify for refugee status but cannot be turned away due to lack of administrative capacity.

So you are still sitting on the link for closing immigration court? Figured you'd know
whiterock
quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

So you are still sitting on the link for closing immigration court? Figured you'd know

We could deputize the immigration judges to adjudicate refugee claims.
Or we could deputize POE officials to adjudicate refugee claims.
Or we could bring half of our consular core back to CONUS for a 90-day TDY to adjudicate refugee claims.
Or we could deputize half the JAG officer corps to adjudicate refugee claims.
Or we could deputize state judges to adjudicate refugee claims.
Hell, we could deputize field USBP agents to adjudicate claims and take everyone they catch back to POE.
Or we could do all of the above.

And we could do it with the stroke of a presidential pen.
Sure, courts might disallow some of those options, but not before we cleared the queue.

That would result in +99% of these asylum claims being denied. Once we make it clear to migrants that claiming asylum is a ticket home rather than a ticket to the USA, the flow would drop back to effectively zero. What we're dealing with on the border is a moral hazard, plain & simple. Migrants have nothing to lose. If they cross & get thru = they win. IF they cross & get caught, the say the only word of English they know..."asylum"....and get released into the USA = they win. Biden admin just got tired of the bad press attendant to allowing people to cross the river and get caught out on the ranches and fill up processing centers. So they just told them all to come to POE instead to get a court date. That's it. They were getting creamed at all the crush of humanity in rubber boats, running thru the pastures, baking to death in the back of 18-wheeler trailers, etc...... So they opened the border to streamline the process of getting them here.

None of these migrants qualify as refugees. Statute specifically prohibits economic migrants, instructs to admit POLITICAL refugees. The statutory refugee quota is for the likes of Alexander Solzenhitsyn and Afghan interpreters and such. None of these folks crossing the border...none of them....NONE OF THEM.....are driven here by credible fear of repression from their governments due to racial, ethnic, tribal, political, or religious repression. NOT ONE. They're just jumping the immigrant visa line.

quash
No link?
whiterock
quash said:

No link?
what link do you need? The law is the law. Statutory grounds for asylum are political.

These migrants are coming because we are admitting them. Biden admin is literally telling migrants not to cross the river illegally - come to POE and you will get a court date (because we have about 1/30th the number of refugee officers to handle the flow).

It's all over the news.....
What do you need to know?
And I am a former consular officer (so I have actually administered the law in question).
Have a sister-in-law (BU grad) who is a sitting immigration judge.
Have friends in the field and office with USBP in South Texas. Ride the pastures with one of them several days a year. Did you know USBP was ordered to take down the surveillance blimps last year? yep. So now our aerial spotting platforms in the sky along the border are coming down. So I asked my USBP buddies last fall.....why? Answer: Because they produce bad numbers. If the USG does not know how many "got-aways" there are, the numbers can't make the news.

The American public is CLUELESS what is happening on the border. Policy is being executed so wildly outside of statute that many would refuse to believe it unless they saw it. We are not defending the border. We are not enforcing immigration quotas. We are waving the flow of migrants thru. Millions of them per year, by handing out court dates for hearings they will never attend. And we know it. But the practice keeps the bad video and bad stats out of the news, so it's obviously a successful policy.

3m defacto immigrants.
That's 3x statutory immigrant quota.
That's 30x statutory refugee quota.

that's some self-government we're seeing.
Redbrickbear
Cobretti
Harrison Bergeron
Cobretti said:

The "journos" don't even pretend anymore.
Redbrickbear
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

Dropping human cargo off at the border requires USBP manpower to apprehend, transport, and process.

That reduces the manpower to interdict flows of humans and drugs elsewhere.
Redbrickbear
Cobretti
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock
The full history is quite a bit more balanced.

Some of our most important modern allies are nations we defeated in war and then reconstructed out of feudal societies into prosperous, peaceful democratic systems.

Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.