Illegals in Martha's Vineyard

85,359 Views | 1489 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by whiterock
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

boognish_bear said:

What if prospective asylees had to seek refuge in the first safe country they entered or be barred from claiming asylum? That makes too much sense.

Makes no sense. You don't get to decide what safe is.

That is why we have statutes and regs. They can describe what is safe and whether a credible fear exists or not. We can move this process along in a much more expeditious fashion than we currently are.

Putting up arbitrary barriers does not expedite anything

You are a silly boy.

Refugee wants to seek asylum in the US.

You want him to be forced to stop in some country that is safe. As defined by some bureaucrat.

You find that expeditious. And call me silly.

Just say it: you don't want people coming to America. The home of the free is closed.

Bless your heart. Asylum seeking is not the same thing as venue shopping which is what you want it to be.

Again, what gives the authority to regulate venue?

Federal law

Treaties and international agreements such as the Dublin III Regulation and US-Canada Safe Third Agreement.

Nope. "The Safe Third Country Agreement applies only to refugee claimants who are seeking entry to Canada from the U.S.:

at Canada-U.S. land border crossings
by train or
at airports, only if the person seeking refugee protection in Canada has been refused refugee status in the U.S. and is in transit through Canada after being deported from the U.S."

You asked a different question. I answered your question about where the authority comes from.

You answered my question with a cite to a law that doesn't answer the question.

Nothing in your cited law provides authority to turn back refugees coming to the US through Mexico.

If I missed the authority you think is in the law then do what I did: quote it. We can go from there

You asked a general question about where authority comes from. Keep up with your own posts.

Again, the law yu cited has nothing to do with refugees at our southern border.

You are not a real bright bulb. Your question asked generally where the authority comes from. You got an answer to that question. You just don't like the response.

You are correct, I do not like an answer that fails to do what you claim it does.

Show me authority for making refugees seek asylum before they reach our southern border.

Or be honest and say you can't find any.

Here it comes, dummy.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/biden-administration-to-limit-asylum-to-migrants-who-pass-through-a-3rd-nation

"Never took effect because it was blocked in court"

Court said the president has no such authority.

Strike two, what else you got?

It is going to happen, dummy.

Ah. Resorting to trolling. Fine.

DNFTT
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
quash
So much pearl clutching over the types of people that new guy keeps bringing to Bushwood.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Redbrickbear

Wangchung
quash said:

So much pearl clutching over the types of people that new guy keeps bringing to Bushwood.

The border is closer to the caddy pool day scene.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
whiterock
Danelaw dead ahead
quash
Redbrickbear said:

Cool story, bro. Now do N. America 1491.
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

What were the immigration laws in North America in 1491?
Redbrickbear
quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Is this an argument for immigration restriction?

Didn't the natives of North America get culturally enriched by mass immigration?
Wangchung
Redbrickbear said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Is this an argument for immigration restriction?

Didn't the natives of North America get culturally enriched by mass immigration?
That always makes me laugh when the emotion driven crowd brings up native Americans while trying to advocate open borders, stupidly proving our point rather than their own.
quash
He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

It took centuries before snowflakes imposed their fears as laws
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

By snowflakes, you mean men who sought to preserve their country.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
quash
He Hate Me said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

By snowflakes, you mean men who sought to preserve their country.

Don't worry, you're irreplaceable.
muddybrazos
quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Is Israel full of snowflakes? They maintain an ethnostate with no immigration. Same with Japan. Why is only the west expected to have mass immigration imposed on it?
whiterock
muddybrazos said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Is Israel full of snowflakes? They maintain an ethnostate with no immigration. Same with Japan. Why is only the west expected to have mass immigration imposed on it?
reality is, few other nations on earth engages in immigration to the level the USA does. Most nations are more concerned with protect their society and their culture.

WE are the aberration. We manage to make it work. But it comes at a cost of elevated societal and political tensions
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

reality is, few other nations on earth engages in immigration to the level the USA does. Most nations are more concerned with protect their society and their culture.

WE are the aberration. We manage to make it work. But it comes at a cost of elevated societal and political tensions
Canada is now at our level percentage wise and is engaged in the mass replacement of its native populations (both Anglophone and French speaking)

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-immigration-to-canada-hits-record-in-2022/

[The country added just over 437,000 new permanent residents in 2022, according to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).]
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Canada is now at our level percentage wise and is engaged in the mass replacement of its native populations (both Anglophone and French speaking)

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-immigration-to-canada-hits-record-in-2022/

[The country added just over 437,000 new permanent residents in 2022, according to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).]
Remember: legal immigration is a different dynamic, legally, than refugee flows (legal or otherwise). A great many nations, particularly Europe and North America, have drastically expanded refugee flows as a back-door mechanism to circumvent legal immigration laws. Even America has statutory limits on the numbers of immigrant visas issued per year. We also have statutory limits on legal refugee flows. But if they cross the border illegally and claim refugee status which we do not have the bureaucratic capacity to adjudicate on a timely basis.....we are letting them in to await hearings on status (to which %90+ will never show.)

the border crossing dynamic is being facilitated on purpose.......to drastically expand population growth via immigration far beyond statutory limitations.

Economically, it matters not a whit whether an immigrant has legal status on not. They produce and they consume, ergo GDP rises. And that is why western economies, who are all well below TFR, are facilitating refugee flows at rates well beyond what their respective peoples desire.
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Remember: legal immigration is a different dynamic, legally, than refugee flows (legal or otherwise). A great many nations, particularly Europe and North America, have drastically expanded refugee flows as a back-door mechanism to circumvent legal immigration laws. Even America has statutory limits on the numbers of immigrant visas issued per year. We also have statutory limits on legal refugee flows. But if they cross the border illegally and claim refugee status which we do not have the bureaucratic capacity to adjudicate on a timely basis.....we are letting them in to await hearings on status (to which %90+ will never show.)

the border crossing dynamic is being facilitated on purpose.......to drastically expand population growth via immigration far beyond statutory limitations.

Economically, it matters not a whit whether an immigrant has legal status on not. They produce and they consume, ergo GDP rises. And that is why western economies, who are all well below TFR, are facilitating refugee flows at rates well beyond what their respective peoples desire.
Very true.

GDP growth uber alles
quash
muddybrazos said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Israel is not the state I would choose to emulate.

Redbrickbear
whiterock
quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Israel is not the state I would choose to emulate.

You must not know much about Israel.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
whiterock
Excellent video if/when you have some windshield time.

"Population decline, not climate change, is an existential threat to the West"

We are simply re-learning in real time why villages, tribes, peoples, empires, etc.....have risen and fallen. It's mostly due to population explosion and collapse. Whatever else a civilization has going for or against it, the growth or decline of population usually trumps it all.

Our willingness and ability to engage in large scale immigration will propel us to an even stronger position two centuries than we enjoy today. We will likely be the largest, in terms of population, country in the world with the largest economy in the world, largest military in the world, etc......
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Excellent video if/when you have some windshield time.

"Population decline, not climate change, is an existential threat to the West"

We are simply re-learning in real time why villages, tribes, peoples, empires, etc.....have risen and fallen. It's mostly due to population explosion and collapse. Whatever else a civilization has going for or against it, the growth or decline of population usually trumps it all.

Our willingness and ability to engage in large scale immigration will propel us to an even stronger position two centuries than we enjoy today. We will likely be the largest, in terms of population, country in the world with the largest economy in the world, largest military in the world, etc......

Maybe.

But it completely depends what kind of immigration and by whom.

If population alone made a country great then Pakistan (242 million people) would be greater than South Korea (51 million)

And South Africa (59 million) would be greater than Texas (29 million) or the Netherlands (17 million)

Would you trade the people of Texas for the people of South Africa?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.