Illegals in Martha's Vineyard

85,430 Views | 1489 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by whiterock
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Where's the Abbott border wall? Billions of $ for what? Where? Who are the contractors?

They gonna build it around Colony Ridge? LMAO.

Biden is literally destroying the physical barriers put up by the Texas government and you're braying like a mule pretending it's a failure by Abbott?

Texas AG sues Biden administration for cutting razor wire at the US-Mexico border
https://news.yahoo.com/texas-ag-sues-biden-administration-034710573.html

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

Can someone else explain what the billions we've given Abbott are doing?
Or are all of you accepting that razor floaties cost $1 million/ft?

So you believe Abbott has Biden's permission to build a wall but instead of building a wall Abbott put up razor wire and what, pocketed the cash? THAT is your claim? Hahahahahaha

I didn't make either of those claims.

But if it amuses you keep on making up funny **** to avoid the issue.

That is exactly what you are insinuating with your "where did duh bilyuns go, Abbott?!?" deflection from the fact that Abbott has had every attempt to secure the border met with resistance from the Biden administration.

Lulz, you are good at the funnies.

Abbott has campaigned on the border for three elections. And here you are blaming Biden.

It's almost as though facts matter to me when forming an opinion, huh? Give it a shot and I bet your confusion abates.

Lemme try again.

You can't blame Biden for thwarting everything Abbott attempts at the border.

Because Abbott is in his third term and Biden in his first.

Factual enough for you?

Are states or the federal government responsible for border security under the Constitution? ,

Art I sec 8. Feds

So even though it's the responsibility of the Feds, the Feds shouldn't be blamed for abdicating their responsibility?

When have I ever absolved the federal govt of responsibility? Quote me.

"You can't blame Biden for thwarting everything Abbott attempts at the border."

But if this is a federal responsibility, do you know if there is any sort of time frame for the Feds to start doing their job?

You can't be serious.

He's certainly more serious about this issue than you, quash.

Apparently not. Which is surprising.

You, not at all.

That's a weak post from you, quash, even by your lax standards in this thread.

Just admit you don't care about the border, it's Politics 24/7 for you, morality be damned.

You attacking my standards, laf.

I've posted a ton on the border and immigration reform. Biden is wrong. Abbott is wrong. You're wrong.

Our current policies are immoral in that they deny people their rights, but beyond that they are economically unsound.

I've posted data that show we're all a tad better off with immigrant labor. Reagan understood how turning a blind eye for a few months got Atlanta ready for the Olympics and it probably influenced his amnesty deal.

Reminder: Abbott is in his third term. He has run all three of his campaigns on border security.

Now, tell me specifically what he has done and how, specifically, Senator Biden, Vice President Biden, and President Biden has thwarted each of those efforts.

You won't, but perhaps someone else will.

The best thing Abbot has done, is make the illegal problem relevant to NYC and other 'sanctuary cities'.

Of course you don't remember that, because it doesn't fit your imagination.

Abbot has sent money in to repair border security destroyed by Biden's orders.

But you of course lie through your ass in print pretending the two men are morally equal.

I have a lot of criticism for Abbott on a lot of issues, but I won't lie about him. You, obviously, have no trouble lying when it suits your politics.

Amusing that you think we are 'better off with immigrant labor'. First, those studies pretend illegals are the same as legal immigrants. Second, they ignore the impact of gang and cartel activity, just as you do.

Your first post admitting Biden's border policies are bad for everyone, including the illegals who are damning themselves to permanent poverty and underclass worker status, will never come, because it would mean admitting you have cheered for obscene abuse of our sovereignty and ideals.

At best you are an idiot, oblivious to the harm done. More likely you pretend it's OK since you can lie to yourself and pretend your support for mass invasion by illegals is not part of the problem.

Eight paragraphs of big mad and that's all you've got?

Abbott is in his third term of burning through billions for border security and all you have is this year's razor floaties repair.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Cobretti
Wangchung
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Where's the Abbott border wall? Billions of $ for what? Where? Who are the contractors?

Biden is literally destroying the physical barriers put up by the Texas government and you're braying like a mule pretending it's a failure by Abbott?

Texas AG sues Biden administration for cutting razor wire at the US-Mexico border

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

So you believe Abbott has Biden's permission to build a wall but instead of building a wall Abbott put up razor wire and what, pocketed the cash? THAT is your claim? Hahahahahaha

That is exactly what you are insinuating with your "where did duh bilyuns go, Abbott?!?" deflection from the fact that Abbott has had every attempt to secure the border met with resistance from the Biden administration.

Abbott has campaigned on the border for three elections. And here you are blaming Biden.

It's almost as though facts matter to me when forming an opinion, huh? Give it a shot and I bet your confusion abates.

Lemme try again.

Factual enough for you?

Are states or the federal government responsible for border security under the Constitution? ,

Art I sec 8. Feds

So even though it's the responsibility of the Feds, the Feds shouldn't be blamed for abdicating their responsibility?

But if this is a federal responsibility, do you know if there is any sort of time frame for the Feds to start doing their job?

You can't be serious.

You, not at all.

Just admit you don't care about the border, it's Politics 24/7 for you, morality be damned.

I've posted a ton on the border and immigration reform. Biden is wrong. Abbott is wrong. You're wrong.

Our current policies are immoral in that they deny people their rights, but beyond that they are economically unsound.

I've posted data that show we're all a tad better off with immigrant labor. Reagan understood how turning a blind eye for a few months got Atlanta ready for the Olympics and it probably influenced his amnesty deal.

Reminder: Abbott is in his third term. He has run all three of his campaigns on border security.

Now, tell me specifically what he has done and how, specifically, Senator Biden, Vice President Biden, and President Biden has thwarted each of those efforts.

The best thing Abbot has done, is make the illegal problem relevant to NYC and other 'sanctuary cities'.

But you of course lie through your ass in print pretending the two men are morally equal.

I have a lot of criticism for Abbott on a lot of issues, but I won't lie about him. You, obviously, have no trouble lying when it suits your politics.

Amusing that you think we are 'better off with immigrant labor'. First, those studies pretend illegals are the same as legal immigrants. Second, they ignore the impact of gang and cartel activity, just as you do.

Your first post admitting Biden's border policies are bad for everyone, including the illegals who are damning themselves to permanent poverty and underclass worker status, will never come, because it would mean admitting you have cheered for obscene abuse of our sovereignty and ideals.

At best you are an idiot, oblivious to the harm done. More likely you pretend it's OK since you can lie to yourself and pretend your support for mass invasion by illegals is not part of the problem.

Abbott is in his third term of burning through billions for border security and all you have is this year's razor floaties repair.

He also embarrassed the Biden administration in court by having the courts place an injunction preventing the BIDEN administration from removing physical barriers. In response the BIDEN administration started using backhoes to lift the razor wire in order to aid the illegal aliens in their invasion. But sure, "wer duh bilyuns go?!?"
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Cobretti
Redbrickbear
Cobretti said:

The GOP is such a useless party.

They won't do anything unless it's corporate tax cuts or sending money to Israel
Wangchung
Texas lawmakers pass controversial bill making illegal border crossing a state crime

AUSTIN, Texas - A new bill that would make entering Texas from a foreign country illegally a state crime is headed to Governor Greg Abbott's desk.

Senate Bill 4 was passed by the Texas Legislature late Tuesday night in a 83 to 61 vote.

The bill empowers local and state law enforcement to arrest migrants they believe entered crossed into the state from a foreign country unlawfully.

A judge could order migrants to leave the country and if they refuse, they could face up to 20 years in prison.

Gov. Abbott posted about the passage on social media saying, "Texas won't wait on Biden to secure the border."

Thank you to Rep. @JaceyJetton & Rep. @DavidSpillerTX for leading the effort to pass Senate Bill 3 & Senate Bill 4 in the Texas House.

I look forward to working with both chambers to get these priorities across the finish line.

Texas won't wait on Biden to secure the border.

Gov. Greg Abbott (@GovAbbott) November 15, 2023

Earlier in the day, Governor Abbott said Texas' Operation Lone Star had led to over 481,000 apprehensions of people entering the country illegally.

State Democrats decried the bill as unconstitutional, saying that border security is a federal issue.

They also raised concerns that it could lead to racial profiling.

"Texas Republicans proudly passed legislation that will allow Greg Abbott's Department of Public Safety (DPS) to imprison Black and Brown migrants for simply existing in our state. And instead of working to address our issues at the southern border with data-driven, humane proposals like our Texas House Democrats bloodthirsty Republicans are choosing violence and political stunts," said Texas Democratic Party Chairman Gilberto Hinojosa in a statement.

Border security was one of two issues in the Texas Legislature's fourth session.

The Texas House also passed a bill to fund additional border wall construction.

Senate Bill 3 must go back to the Texas Senate to pass the amended version of the bill.

It is expected to pass.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-lawmakers-pass-controversial-bill-023836292.html
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Wangchung
Mexico "rejects" Texas' proposal to allow state police to deport undocumented immigrants

The Mexican government on Wednesday responded to the state Legislature's passage of Senate Bill 4 which creates a state crime for entering the state illegally from Mexico and allows the state to deport undocumented immigrants saying it "categorically rejects" Texas' latest proposal to arrest and deport immigrants to Mexico.

"The Government of Mexico reiterates its rejection of any measure that contemplates the involuntary return of migrants without respect for due process," says the statement from Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Relations.

It added that Mexico, "recognizes the sovereign right of any country to decide the public policies that should be implemented in its territory," but Mexico also has a right to defend the estimated 10 million people of Mexican origin in Texas and "establish its own immigration policies in its territory."

"The Government of Mexico categorically rejects any measure that allows state or local authorities to detain and return nationals or foreigners to Mexican territory," the statement says.

The statement did not explicitly say that Mexico would refuse to accept migrants removed from Texas under SB 4, which has passed both chambers of the Legislature and will become law if Gov. Greg Abbott signs the bill or allows it to become law without his signature.

On Wednesday morning, Abbott said on social media that he looks "forward to signing Senate Bill 4."

In its statement, Mexico said it has ordered its consulates in Texas to provide information to Mexican citizens about their rights and the details of SB 4. The statement added that Mexico will continue to work with the U.S. federal government regarding immigration matters.

On Tuesday evening, the Texas House approved SB 4, which would make it a state misdemeanor to illegally cross the border from Mexico into Texas, empower Texas peace officers to arrest undocumented immigrants and require that a state judge order the person to leave the U.S. to Mexico in lieu of prosecution.

The charge could be enhanced to a felony if the migrant is accused of other crimes or refuses to comply with a judge's order to return to Mexico. The bill also allows immigrants to present evidence that they are in the country legally during the prosecution. The maximum penalty for a misdemeanor charge is a year in jail; for a felony the penalty is two to 20 years in prison.

The Texas Tribune previously interviewed lawyers, professors and a former chief of the National Immigration Institute, the Mexico's immigration regulatory office, who said Mexico is under no obligation to accept non-Mexican nationals from Texas.

Mexico has agreements in place with the U.S. government to accept Mexican citizens and migrants from certain other countries when they are deported, and the sources said it would be unprecedented for Mexico to create a diplomatic relationship with a U.S. state over immigration matters.

Many of the immigrants entering the U.S. are not from Mexico, according to government data.

In fiscal year 2023, which ended on Sept. 30, about 83% of the 1 million immigrants encountered by Border Patrol on the Texas-Mexico border were not Mexican citizens. Many are coming from Central and South America, Asia or Eastern European countries. Some are also from Canada.

It's already illegal under federal law to cross the U.S.-Mexico border between ports of entry. Immigrants who violate the law can be criminally charged and put into deportation proceedings. A person who enters the country, regardless of whether they did it legally or illegally, has up to a year to apply for asylum.

In Texas, a majority of Democratic lawmakers, at least one Republican senator and civil rights organizations say that SB 4 is unconstitutional because the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled immigration laws can only be enforced by the federal government. During debate over the bill, Democrats warned that it could lead to civil rights violations against both immigrants and U.S. citizens, who may not have their papers handy when stopped by the police.

In a landmark 2012 case, Arizona v U.S., the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that local police didn't have the authority to arrest someone solely based on their immigration status and that responsibility falls to the federal government.

During a debate in the state Senate last week, Sen. Brian Birdwell, R-Granbury who sponsored a similar proposal during a previous special session that would have required the state to turn arrested migrants over to federal immigration officials rather than deporting them criticized SB 4.

"We are setting a terrible precedent for the future by invalidating our obedience and faithfulness to our Constitution," Birdwell said, before referring to a frequent Republican criticism that President Joe Biden has failed to secure the southern border. "President Biden's failure to obey his oath does not compel us to violate ours."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-rejects-texas-proposal-allow-212111899.html
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

Cobretti said:

or they could tell the Feds to shut it down like the border states beg daily..

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
quash
Wangchung said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

Lemme try again.

Factual enough for you?

Art I sec 8. Feds

You can't be serious.

You, not at all.

He also embarrassed the Biden administration in court by having the courts place an injunction preventing the BIDEN administration from removing physical barriers. In response the BIDEN administration started using backhoes to lift the razor wire in order to aid the illegal aliens in their invasion. But sure, "wer duh bilyuns go?!?"

You said Biden was involved at every move.

Abbott is in his third term. Well over $5 billion and I suspect you think the "border crisis" is not his fault.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
LOL, quash is still selling Biden as the new guy ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Wangchung
quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

Lemme try again.

Factual enough for you?

Art I sec 8. Feds

You can't be serious.

You, not at all.

Abbott is in his third term. Well over $5 billion and I suspect you think the "border crisis" is not his fault.

Wangchung
quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

Lemme try again.

Factual enough for you?

Art I sec 8. Feds

You can't be serious.

You, not at all.

That's how long ago Joe Biden became a democrat senator.

You think pretending Democrats and Biden haven't been stymying republican efforts to control the border for decades gives your opinion credibility. It doesn't.
Realitybites
Canada2017 said:

How many additional illegals should we welcome and provide aid ?

2 million

5 million

10 million

20 million

Unlimited ?

If you could get the GOP to answer that question honestly, it would be "however many we need to ensure that large numbers of people are willing to work for minimum wage."

If you could get the Dems to answer it honestly, I'm guessing another 50 million or so (which - in addition to the 30 million already here - would, in one generation make people who believe in things like the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence a permanent political underclass).
Cobretti
Cobretti
Redbrickbear

Redbrickbear

Wrecks Quan Dough
On yer boyk!
Cobretti
Redbrickbear
quash
Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

Lemme try again.

Factual enough for you?

Art I sec 8. Feds

You can't be serious.

You, not at all.

You think pretending Democrats and Biden haven't been stymying republican efforts to control the border for decades gives your opinion credibility. It doesn't.

Great answer.

Wasn't the question.

Abbott in office for 12 years and you said Biden is the one thwarting him

That's a bull**** claim and you're proving it with every response.

Is it Joe's fault that Greg's trafficking costs seven times more than bus tickets?
Oldbear83
Wow, quash still selling Biden as a political rookie?

I knew honesty wasn't a quash thing, but seriously ...
Wangchung
quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

Lemme try again.

Factual enough for you?

Art I sec 8. Feds

You can't be serious.

You, not at all.

Great answer.

Wasn't the question.

Is it Joe's fault that Greg's trafficking costs seven times more than bus tickets?

Hmmm, but Abbott's illegal alien staffed mission trips to sanctuary cities wouldn't happen if Biden and his fellow Democrats had not spent the last four decades fighting for open borders. Your argument is that of a grade school bully explaining to a teacher that you aren't to blame for little Johnny's bloody nose because technically he was hitting himself when you held his wrists and smashed his hands into his own face. "But why does Abbott have a bloody nose when he is always complaining about bloody noses?!?"
quash
Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

Lemme try again.

Factual enough for you?

Art I sec 8. Feds

You can't be serious.

You, not at all.

Great answer.

Wasn't the question.

Hmmm, but Abbott's illegal alien staffed mission trips to sanctuary cities wouldn't happen if Biden and his fellow Democrats had not spent the last four decades fighting for open borders. Your argument is that of a grade school bully explaining to a teacher that you aren't to blame for little Johnny's bloody nose because technically he was hitting himself when you held his wrists and smashed his hands into his own face. "But why does Abbott have a bloody nose when he is always complaining about bloody noses?!?"

Your bully was in PE, not recess.
Wangchung
quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Cobretti said:

Dodge. Duck. Deflect.

Lemme try again.

Factual enough for you?

Art I sec 8. Feds

You can't be serious.

You, not at all.

Great answer.

Wasn't the question.

Your bully was in PE, not recess.

Your posts personify self flagellation, whether that is your intent or not.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Cobretti
Harrison Bergeron
Cobretti said:

I continually laugh at how everything that is not extremist, left-wing radicalism is "hard right."

Now preventing fentanyl and terrorists from entering the country with impunity is "hard right."
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Cobretti said:

I continually laugh at how everything that is not extremist, left-wing radicalism is "hard right."

Now preventing fentanyl and terrorists from entering the country with impunity is "hard right."

Literally just enforcing current American immigration law (passed by Congress) and not having an open border is now "far right"

Incredible
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.