Illegals in Martha's Vineyard

85,401 Views | 1489 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by whiterock
Golem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cobretti said:

Sanctuary City gets what it asked for.
Cobretti
Harrison Bergeron
Brown people in the neighborhood really trigger rich white progressives-Democrats.
whiterock
Cobretti said:

"we never asked for this..."

Neither did all the border state communities, who have been bearing the enormous social costs of illegal immigration so that blue cities could virtue posture with sanctuary city policies.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Cobretti said:

Get ready for Moar!
HuMcK
This is definitely how normal people who aren't criminals act...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/migrant-who-helped-perla-recruit-for-ron-desantis-migrant-flight-to-marthas-vineyard-turns-on-her?via=twitter_page&s=09
Quote:

A Venezuelan migrant who helped recruit asylum-seekers to take a flight from Texas to Martha's Vineyard last monthpaid for by Floridahas turned against his former boss and is cooperating with a Texas sheriff's office investigation. The man, identified only as Emmanuel, told the Miami Herald that he thought he was working for a charitable organization when he was told by Perla Huerta to convince a group of his countrymen to board the flight to Massachusetts with the promise of homes, cash and jobs. But when the migrants touched down, shocking the nation, Emmanuel's WhatsApp blew up with panicked messages from the migrants. He said he begged Huerta to answer the phone but she vanished, putting her Tampa home up for sale and scrubbing her online profiles. "They will do better than any other group [of migrants] and they have the attention of the whole country," she eventually texted back. "And I continue to be the worst woman in the world." Emmanuel now concedes he was duped by Huerta and he stopped talking to her around the same time he started cooperating with authorities.
Harrison Bergeron
We should continue to give these poor souls access to the wonderful utopia that is liberal, blue state 'Murica. Let's continue to provide them with access to the unprecedented compassion of rich white wokeys.
whitetrash
HuMcK said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/migrant-who-helped-perla-recruit-for-ron-desantis-migrant-flight-to-marthas-vineyard-turns-on-her?via=twitter_page&s=09
Quote:

A Venezuelan migrant who helped recruit asylum-seekers to take a flight from Texas to Martha's Vineyard last monthpaid for by Floridahas turned against his former boss and is cooperating with a Texas sheriff's office investigation. The man, identified only as Emmanuel, told the Miami Herald that he thought he was working for a charitable organization when he was told by Perla Huerta to convince a group of his countrymen to board the flight to Massachusetts with the promise of homes, cash and jobs. But when the migrants touched down, shocking the nation, Emmanuel's WhatsApp blew up with panicked messages from the migrants. He said he begged Huerta to answer the phone but she vanished, putting her Tampa home up for sale and scrubbing her online profiles. "They will do better than any other group [of migrants] and they have the attention of the whole country," she eventually texted back. "And I continue to be the worst woman in the world." Emmanuel now concedes he was duped by Huerta and he stopped talking to her around the same time he started cooperating with authorities.

Porteroso
HuMcK said:

Quote:

Doesn't it make sense he thought it was charity? Tens of thousands are reaping the benefits of being transported (with their consent, for free) to places with jobs and social services. There is little to no opportunity for them at the border.

Unless it was explicitly stated that this was a nonprofit charity, I fail to see anything wrong. Only people who don't like brown asylum seekers up north are racists.
Harrison Bergeron
Porteroso said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Doesn't it make sense he thought it was charity? Tens of thousands are reaping the benefits of being transported (with their consent, for free) to places with jobs and social services. There is little to no opportunity for them at the border.

Unless it was explicitly stated that this was a nonprofit charity, I fail to see anything wrong. Only people who don't like brown asylum seekers up north are racists.

Exactly. They were saved from the ULTRAMGATRONS and sent to Woke Paradise! Win-win!
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
whiterock
Getting a free trip to Martha's Vineyard is the best thing that's happened to those migrants since they handed all their money over to the drug cartels for passage to America.

Harrison Bergeron
whiterock said:

Getting a free trip to Martha's Vineyard is the best thing that's happened to those migrants since they handed all their money over to the drug cartels for passage to America.

DEBUNKED. The drug cartels are progressive and humanly compassionate compared to the evil ULTRAMAGATRONS that kidnapped them and forced them to be near progressive Karens.
quash
whiterock said:

Wasn't so good for the ones that missed their asylum hearings thanks to Gov. Desantis and his duplicity.
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

whiterock said:

Wasn't so good for the ones that missed their asylum hearings thanks to Gov. Desantis and his duplicity.

Ha ha! Asylum denied. Like they were going to show up anyway.
quash
He Hate Me said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

They usually do. Only 6-11% fail to show and get deported in absentia.
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

Then they should not have gotten on the conveyance if they intended to show up.
EatMoreSalmon
quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

Old linked article. The article's link to the DOJ is a dead end.
whiterock
EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

He Hate Me said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

Old linked article. The article's link to the DOJ is a dead end.
1) data in the article refutes the claim made in the post.
2) "they missed their hearing?" = "they chose to go to Martha's Vineyard rather than attend their hearing."

LOL.

I have an immediate family in-law who is an immigration judge, who holds court via Zoom from a room her home. ZERO illegals who want to have an immigration hearing will have difficulty arranging one.

Redbrickbear
Not the only country where this is happening…

Redbrickbear
Porteroso
whiterock said:

You make it sound like a bad thing. For many of them, they left death and starvation, and are in the greatest country try on the planet now.

I'd give cartels money too if they'd take me from a shothole to a place where dreams come true.
Canada2017
Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

You make it sound like a bad thing. For many of them, they left death and starvation, and are in the greatest country try on the planet now.

I'd give cartels money too if they'd take me from a shothole to a place where dreams come true.

How many tens of millions of dreams is the United States obligated to accommodate ?

10 million ?

30 million ?

50 million ?

Unlimited ?
whiterock
Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Put Porteroso down for "human smuggling is just fine since it helps us exceed statutory immigration limits."
Osodecentx
Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

What country can't secure their borders?
whiterock
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Put Porteroso down for "human smuggling is just fine since it helps us exceed statutory immigration limits."
Put Schumer down for "human smuggling is fine since it helps us grow our population."

Schumer Says US Needs More Immigration Because Americans Are 'Not Reproducing'
https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/16/schumer-daca-amnesty-immigration/

I wonder if it has ever occurred to him that putting books about oral & anal sex into public school libraries might have a negative impact on baby making.
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Redbrickbear
Porteroso
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Dumb take. It's easy to legislate morality, but more difficult to live it. I do not think cartels smuggling humans is good, in fact, and you can look this up, it's bad. But personally, I might pay them to smuggle me and my family, if conditions were bad enough. We all have our limits on what horrors we will take.
whiterock
Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Dumb take. It's easy to legislate morality, but more difficult to live it. I do not think cartels smuggling humans is good, in fact, and you can look this up, it's bad. But personally, I might pay them to smuggle me and my family, if conditions were bad enough. We all have our limits on what horrors we will take.
I can hear it now: " Well, I do not think slavery is good, and in fact you can look that up, but personally, if our labor shortage is severe enough, we might have to dabble in it a little to we can fill our production quotas. After all, we do have limits on the horrors we will take, but until we reach that limit, we can solve a few problems, now, can't we."

Why should anyone have to hire the most violent criminal organizations on earth to immigrate to a country with a long and strong tradition of legal immigration? Why should we tolerate ANY human smuggling? We have a 17 year line of qualified immigrants waiting on quota space. People who DO qualify for US Citizenship and have been vetted as suitable for legal immigration, living on a green card, legally working, etc..... Why on earth would we not accelerate the pace of letting in those folks? Why not lift the 1m/yr cap? Make it 2m? Make it 3m? We do have a Congress who can change the statute to make that happen, and a POTUS likely to sign the necessary legislation. But nah.. That's too hard. Just let in whatever/whomever can pitch up to the border with enough money to pay the cartels. Simple. Why, voters don't even need to know it's happening. Shh......

Human smuggling is the most barbaric think to happen in North America since the slave trade.
It'd be one thing if it was happening a little bit around the margins.
But our ruling class is ignoring a million-man march as a way to evade statutory limits on legal immigration.
Hard no for me.

Harrison Bergeron
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

I can hear it now: " Well, I do not think slavery is good, and in fact you can look that up, but personally, if our labor shortage is severe enough, we might have to dabble in it a little to we can fill our production quotas. After all, we do have limits on the horrors we will take, but until we reach that limit, we can solve a few problems, now, can't we."

Why should anyone have to hire the most violent criminal organizations on earth to immigrate to a country with a long and strong tradition of legal immigration? Why should we tolerate ANY human smuggling? We have a 17 year line of qualified immigrants waiting on quota space. People who DO qualify for US Citizenship and have been vetted as suitable for legal immigration, living on a green card, legally working, etc..... Why on earth would we not accelerate the pace of letting in those folks? Why not lift the 1m/yr cap? Make it 2m? Make it 3m? We do have a Congress who can change the statute to make that happen, and a POTUS likely to sign the necessary legislation. But nah.. That's too hard. Just let in whatever/whomever can pitch up to the border with enough money to pay the cartels. Simple. Why, voters don't even need to know it's happening. Shh......

Human smuggling is the most barbaric think to happen in North America since the slave trade.
But our ruling class is ignoring a million-man march as a way to evade statutory limits on legal immigration.
Hard no for me.
In some ways one could argue it's worse because most of those trafficked paid their life savings to become slaves.
Porteroso
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Hard no for me.

There is a huge disconnect in your logic. You ask why anyone would want to be smuggled into the United States, when the quota to get in legally is only 17 years long?
Forest Bueller_bf
Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Hard no for me.

There is a huge disconnect in your logic. You ask why anyone would want to be smuggled into the United States, when the quota to get in legally is only 17 years long?
If someone really wants to be an American citizen, a 5 year vetting system should be sufficient. It shouldn't be an automatic acceptance either. I haven't looked it up and am taking your word for it, but 17 years is a long time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.