What TV series are you currently watching?

247,482 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
NoBSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tommie would.
4th and Inches
Got to watch the first episode of season 3 of the expanse- looks like its gonna be a good season
Keyser Soze
Two episodes in on the remake of Lost in Space

disappointing ....
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

disappointing ....
My review:
Quote:

Watching lost in space now. Not horrible
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
4th and Inches
Keyser Soze said:

disappointing ....
not what i expected but i feel you have to get thru the whole season to understand some things about where they are headed with it
Keyser Soze
Does it get better?

robot & Will were cool -
Knight Bear
Keyser Soze said:

Does it get better?

robot & Will were cool -

Definitely worth watching IMO.
Keyser Soze
Knight Bear said:

Keyser Soze said:

Does it get better?

robot & Will were cool -

Thanks.

Some series get off to a slow start. Westworld did that last year - high production, looked great but was meh early on. I thought Westworld was excellent by the end os S1

Love that we have so many choices these days ..... I will bail on a bad one
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

Knight Bear said:

Keyser Soze said:

Does it get better?

robot & Will were cool -

Thanks.

Some series get off to a slow start. Westworld did that last year - high production, looked great but was meh early on. I thought Westworld was excellent by the end os S1

Love that we have so many choices these days ..... I will bail on a bad one
I bailed on Electric Dreams even though I am a big Blade Runner fan. I bailed on Americans during the daughter's discovering herself period. Part of that is that I don't like the actress that plays the daughter. Same as the wife on Breaking Bad who was also on Deadwood. I find her wooden and annoying.

I may pick up Electric Dreams again to see if they were just laying a deep foundation.
Assassin
The Terror - so many good actors, Ian Heart, Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, Ciaran Hinds. Some really great and well made sets including the wooden British ships. Fantastic period costuming.

And then they go and make some really cheap "iced in" sets. Look like someone took a can of snow you buy for your Christmas tree and sprayed it on wood. And its so obvious they are at an indoor studio. Plus one of the worst CGI created polar bear you will ever see.

Writing goes in and out. Right now some of iced in Brits are resorting to snacking on their dead buddies bodies. 'May I have a slice of calf please?'

This is a Ridley Scott project. Not used to seeing B movie quality CGI from him

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
deemus
Plowed through a ton of shows on some time off. Last two seasons of 30 Rock (again), Better Call Saul, season two (again), Watched Wind River for the third time, caught up on The Mick and Last Man on Earth. Watched the last season of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Surprisingly funny.

Watched the entire season of Godless last week. I really like that series. Too bad it was only one season.

HULU had the first season of The Son, which was really good. Looking forward to seeing Season 2. I like that show alot. Watched Season 1 again.

Last night I started the 6th and final season of Longmire (again).

Been thinking I might watch Hell on Wheels again. That was one of my favorite shows last year when I watched it.

Stemperford
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Assassin
Walking Dead has lost its magic. That last season was really bad.

Fear the Walking Dead never hit its mark. Never bought the female lead. If they hadnt written Cliff off, he was pretty strong.

I'll watch because I've invested too much time but this season of FTWD has been in editing hell. These back story flashes are just nutz, the timeline is all over the place - it drive me bonkers when editors do this.
Assassin
Handmaid's Tale - whats the big deal?

Keyser Soze
Assassin said:

Never finished season 1

I guess it was OK - oppression of women so of course it wins awards

May go back to it. The Looming Tower on Hulu is much better - it is about the FBI & CIA in the time period leading up to 9/11

JusHappy2BeHere

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Judge
Knight Bear said:

If you are a fan of The Americans and are behind, it is time to catch up.

If you haven't been watching this show, you're missing out on one of the best written and acted shows in television history. This is a must see for anyone that grew up during the Cold War years.
Agreed 100%.
deemus
My wife and I watched the entire first season of The Rain on Netflix. It was pretty interesting.

European actors I'd never seen. But a good story line, good acting. We were riveted to the TV.

Assassin
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Keyser Soze said:

Assassin said:

Never finished season 1

May go back to it. The Looming Tower on Hulu is much better - it is about the FBI & CIA in the time period leading up to 9/11

It's a Mike Pence wet dream. Gays are shot or hung, Lesbians are castrated, women are totally subjugated, and all in the name of God....
Always the politics for you, eh?

deemus
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Keyser Soze said:

Assassin said:

Never finished season 1

It's a Mike Pence wet dream. Gays are shot or hung, Lesbians are castrated, women are totally subjugated, and all in the name of God....
How exactly does one castrate a lesbian...................
Assassin
deemus said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Keyser Soze said:

Assassin said:

Never finished season 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/magazine/20circumcision-t.html
Keyser Soze
deemus said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Keyser Soze said:

Assassin said:

Never finished season 1

JusHappy2BeHere

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Assassin
JusHappy2BeHere said:

deemus said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Keyser Soze said:

Assassin said:

Never finished season 1

they remove the ****oris which contains most of the nerve endings which allow women to feel sexual pleasure, and I miss-typed.... should have said female circumcision and not castration.... my mistake
Wrong religion too. Guess you mistyped Mike Spence when you meant Mohammed. Thats okay. People make mistakes
JusHappy2BeHere

Mahatma Gandhi
Assassin
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Assassin said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

deemus said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Keyser Soze said:

Assassin said:

Never finished season 1

s

they remove the ****oris which contains most of the nerve endings which allow women to feel sexual pleasure, and I miss-typed.... should have said female circumcision and not castration.... my mistake
Wrong religion too. Guess you mistyped Mike Spence when you meant Mohammed. Thats okay. People make mistakes
did I say that Muslims didn't do this? Religious fanatics are dangerous no matter what god they serve....
Like I say, you mistyped.
JusHappy2BeHere

Mahatma Gandhi
NoBSU
It was a good thread...

I didn't like the movie with Robert Duvall. I doubt that I would like this series.
JusHappy2BeHere
I apologize for taking things in a political direction.... I have come as close to deleting my posts as a surf can come on this website....

please return to your regularly scheduled programming

Mahatma Gandhi
NoBSU
JusHappy2BeHere said:

I apologize for taking things in a political direction.... I have come as close to deleting my posts as a surf can come on this website....

I like retro PTL network shows. The Jim Bakker Show sponsored by Maybelline Ultra Thick line of mascara and eye shadow.
forza orsi
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Thanks. I enjoy that discussion on other threads. On this thread, the music one, and the food one everybody pretty much gets along. It's a nice change of pace.
Assassin
forza orsi said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Thanks. I enjoy that discussion on other threads. On this thread, the music one, and the food one everybody pretty much gets along. It's a nice change of pace.
I swore off politics some time back. Makes life sooo much better.
Wichitabear
Interesting
NoBSU
Don't have Hulu. Borrowed DVD set of season 1 of A Handmaiden's Tale. Acting was good. I had seen the Robert Duvall feature film and knew of the author/novel. I started the book around the time of the original movie but did not finish.

It was entertaining. More entertaining early on but started losing me the last couple of episodes. The writers did a good job building suspense. My wife had not seen the original movie and was more into the later episodes. Probably too many flashbacks for me.

I like dystopian society themes Man in a High Castle/Maze Runner/Hunger Games/Divergent. The best head to head comparison is TV series to TV series AHT to MItHC. High Castle has the lower budget TV series set feel to it. I would give AHT the nod based on sets and a more talented cast. I will watch Season 2 if given the chance but not buying the box set of getting Hulu for it. I think MItHC is a better base story and am looking forward to a new season of it than AHT. But having seen the original movie and not liking the novel (Canada is great and US men are bad) has influenced me. Not sure why I have never read any Phillip Dick. But I missed the Dark Tower series, all of Frank Miller, and Orson Scott Card.

I was entertained but don't get all the award show buzz on AHT. Is it like the 50 Shades movies, where some women seem to be much more vocal and interested than all men?
Wichitabear
Ok

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.