What TV series are you currently watching?

247,470 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw the Cloverfield on Netflix commercial - all in
Keyser Soze
Cloverfield Paradox was just OK - very different than Cloverfield, just in the same universe like 10 Cloverfield Lane.

The real surprise was Netflix suggestion of the new show "Altered Carbon" pilot was bad ass

Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Cloverfield Paradox was just OK - very different than Cloverfield, just in the same universe like 10 Cloverfield Lane.

The real surprise was Netflix suggestion of the new show "Altered Carbon" pilot was bad ass

I was just about to mention that one. Kinda Blade Runnerish.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
JusHappy2BeHere
my 21 year old son sold me on watching Brooklyn 99.... I have liked some of Andy Sandburg's work on SNL but have seen many SNL stars flame out outside of that medium....

I actually really like it
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
4th and Inches
Keyser Soze said:

definitely gonna watch Altered Carbon
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Assassin
Gruvin said:

Keyser Soze said:

I think I'm up through ep 7 now. Not bad at all. Not at all cheap like some of the SyFy channel stuff
Assassin
just finished Cloverfield Paradox. There was some good stuff in it but a lot of holes. was supposed to be a theatrical release but a 'surprise' release on Netflix. How does that happen?

It was like there were 4 - 5 different writers whose scripts got mishmashed

btw - anybody else think it looked like they borrowed the monster outfit from the last Godzilla flick?
Assassin
Gruvin said:

Keyser Soze said:

Finished Altered Carbon last night. Lots of nakedness in the last couple of episodes. Insinuated sex. Not great for kids. But actually worked for the story line.

Nearly supereb casting and writing. Joel Kinnaman as Kovacs, James Purefoy as Bancroft, Martha Higarda as Ortega and Dichen Lachman as Reileen.

But not for a second was there onscreen chemistry for Renee Goldsberry as Quellcrist Falconer, Kovacs 250 year love interest. Way too pivotal a role for what had to be a casting choice way down the list. Which made a lot of the episodes she was in slow and blah. Episode 7 was kinda tedious.

Other than that, a really fun ride.

They're working on S2 now. In the books, everyone is in a new 'sleeve' aka a different actor in the lead role playing Kovacs. not sure if this will work for the best with audiences. we tend to be invested in characters/actors.
Keyser Soze
Assassin said:

just finished Cloverfield Paradox. There was some good stuff in it but a lot of holes. was supposed to be a theatrical release but a 'surprise' release on Netflix. How does that happen?

btw - anybody else think it looked like they borrowed the monster outfit from the last Godzilla flick?

Some smart ass on twitter said this was a new way to avoid critics screenings
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Assassin said:

Some smart ass on twitter said this was a new way to avoid critics screenings
I've been hearing that a lot. https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/7/16986956/the-cloverfield-paradox-netflix-deal-paramount-cost
Assassin
netflix also bought Extinction https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/8/16992306/netflix-extinction-michael-pena-universal-cloverfield-paradox
Coke Bear
Assassin said:

But not for a second was there onscreen chemistry for Renee Goldsberry as Quellcrist Falconer, Kovacs 250 year love interest. Way too pivotal a role for what had to be a casting choice way down the list. Which made a lot of the episodes she was in slow and blah. Episode 7 was kinda tedious.

Funny that you mentioned that. I thought that Kovacs and his had more chemistry than him and Quell.

I'm on episode 9 right now. I've enjoyed it a great deal. I'm glad to hear that they are committed to a second season. The production value is very good. I sometimes get worried about production costs exceeding the ratings which ultimately leads to cancellation.
Keyser Soze
Enjoying Altered Carbon

Only problem is the number of F bombs and sex that I have to pause it when my sixth grader wanders into the room.
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Enjoying Altered Carbon

Only problem is the number of F bombs and sex that I have to pause it when my sixth grader wanders into the room.
Guessing that your Sixth Grader has heard more cursewords and has already seen more sex than most adults of our age in our lifetimes
Assassin
Britannia - on Sky and Amazon Prime. Kinda like "Rome" but not quite that budget

Almost done with S1. Not bad - worth a looksee

Keyser Soze
Assassin said:

Keyser Soze said:

Enjoying Altered Carbon

Guessing that your Sixth Grader has heard more cursewords and has already seen more sex than most adults of our age in our lifetimes

Most likely ..... but we will likely keep the game up a year or two more
greggor25
Cloverfield Paradox was a complete waste.
deemus
I guess its been out a while, but Jerry Seinfeld's "Getting Coffee in Cars with Comedians" is pretty interesting. Jimmy Fallon comes off as a pompus ass. Will Ferrell is not as funny as I thought he would be.

Kevin Hart is really funny, Julie Louis-Dreyfus is good, and several others are pretty entertaining. Michael Richards does one, and they talk about his fall from comic grace.

Assassin
trey3216 said:

Started watching Counterpart on Starz. Pretty interesting idea and JK Simmons is absolutely fantastic.
Just watched the first 4 episodes. Pretty cool. The concept really re-defines the parallel universe theme. Makes a whole lot more sense then two universes existing almost exactly the same for millenia and then branching off just in time for a TV show.
BellCountyBear
Just started Ozark last night. It's weird seeing Jason Bateman in this kind of role, but I like it so far!
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Started watching Counterpart on Starz. Pretty interesting idea and JK Simmons is absolutely fantastic.
Just watched the first 4 episodes. Pretty cool. The concept really re-defines the parallel universe theme. Makes a whole lot more sense then two universes existing almost exactly the same for millenia and then branching off just in time for a TV show.
yep
bularry
Wife and I finished Tin Star. Can't recommend it (Amazon Prime)
NoBSU
bularry said:

Very dark. Like Rescue Me turned to its 3nd or 3rd year.

I will watch a season two of Tin Star if they do it. But I can understand why many would pass.
bularry
NoBSU said:

bularry said:

I will watch a season two of Tin Star if they do it. But I can understand why many would pass.

I didn't mind the darkness. Just some of the plot holes were difficult to overcome.

I do like Tim Roth and he was the reason we kept watching
NoBSU
bularry said:

NoBSU said:

bularry said:

I didn't mind the darkness. Just some of the plot holes were difficult to overcome.

I do like Tim Roth and he was the reason we kept watching
I don't like when a show kills a certain age group for ... I guess effect. We used to watch Lie to Me for Roth. Tin Star had some dumb writing. It went in some dumb directions.
NoBSU
I had seen this mentioned pages ago and gave the first couple of episodes of The Tick a chance. I laughed quite a bit. Kind of a CW level of production. Still in character development. I will watch until I get a feel for how the writers keep the story going. Make a decision then.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

I had seen this mentioned pages ago and gave the first couple of episodes of The Tick a chance. I laughed quite a bit. Kind of a CW level of production. Still in character development. I will watch until I get a feel for how the writers keep the story going. Make a decision then.
ran through the season. Kinda goofy pleasure. jackie earle haley kinda steals the show
Assassin
Sneaky Pete, season 2 is out. trying to watch this one a little slower than the first. Maybe a week instead of two days
NoBSU
Assassin said:

Sneaky Pete, season 2 is out. trying to watch this one a little slower than the first. Maybe a week instead of two days
I am thru two episodes of season two.

Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

I am thru two episodes of season two.
Up to episode 10 if S2. Just started it. Pretty dang good season
NoBSU
I finished it. Entertaining. I thought Season 1 was better.

Looking forward to Bosch and of course Man in the High Castle.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

I finished it. Entertaining. I thought Season 1 was better.

Looking forward to Bosch and of course Man in the High Castle.
Just finished it. Thought it was a very solid S2. The way they left it, wonder if "Pete" joins Maggie and "Marius" in cons elsewhere
JusHappy2BeHere
Connie from Chicago Fire died in Chicago today. She was 49
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
deemus
Been watching The Son on HULU. Pretty good TV. I love the flashbacks.

Mathias from Longmire is on this one.

Season one is on there. On my second round of watching it.

My wife is bothered by the fact that Pierce Brosnan plays the main character. "He's not a Texan, he's not even an American.... " Big talk from a California girl. lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.