What TV series are you currently watching?

247,661 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Backyard Builds
Assassin
4th and Inches said:

Loki was a bit of freah air, was sad that season 1 was so short. They have something to expand on with this one
no kidding..... 6 episodes!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Loki was amazing. Probably my favorite out of all the MCU series I've seen so far.

Also watching Invincible. Great series that stays true to the comics.
Great twist on the Asgardians that we havent seen so far

And best yet, no Robert Downey Jr

Meh, I like him as Iron Man. But it is good they are letting other characters have their own stories fleshed out in cool ways.
His best acting was long before IM. Bennie and Joon was quite remarkable

Benny and Joon was a fabulous performanceby Johnny Depp.
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Loki was amazing. Probably my favorite out of all the MCU series I've seen so far.

Also watching Invincible. Great series that stays true to the comics.
Great twist on the Asgardians that we havent seen so far

And best yet, no Robert Downey Jr

Meh, I like him as Iron Man. But it is good they are letting other characters have their own stories fleshed out in cool ways.
His best acting was long before IM. Bennie and Joon was quite remarkable

Benny and Joon was a fabulous performanceby Johnny Depp.
Getting actors I am tired of mixed up, Thx

Downey's best was "Charlie Chaplin" (had the Chaplin performance in Benny and Joon on my mind.) Although 'Pound' was a close runnerup

Unless of course you want to considerer....

Weird Science

or

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
I guess I am so LeBronned out, Space Grape Jam was the same as the others. Jordan coulda stepped in. Or Luka. Or Gia.
BellCountyBear
Finally getting on board with Yellowstone. I hate to be a front runner. Just started season 2...I like it! Benny has come a long way since 1976.
Assassin
BellCountyBear said:

Finally getting on board with Yellowstone. I hate to be a front runner. Just started season 2...I like it! Benny has come a long way since 1976.
I did the same thing. BTW - the gal pal that likes the funny looking rodeo dude that messed up his back is James Brolins grandaughter and Josh's baby girlr - Eden Brolin.

btw2 - I never would have believed the dark head hand, Rip Wheeler was Cole Hauser. Dude really transformed himself to play that part
Assassin
Assassin said:

BellCountyBear said:

I did the same thing. BTW - the gal pal that likes the funny looking rodeo dude that messed up his back is James Brolins grandaughter and Josh's baby girlr - Eden Brolin.

btw2 - I never would have believed the dark head hand, Rip Wheeler was Cole Hauser. Dude really transformed himself to play that part
Bear8084
I just started Counterpart. Great Cold War-esque sci fi spy thriller with the great J.K. Simmons.
Assassin
Bear8084 said:

I just started Counterpart. Great Cold War-esque sci fi spy thriller with the great J.K. Simmons.
S1 was great. S2 kinda got a little loopy
Assassin
Finally, an Avengers/Ironman movie worth watching... 'The Good, The Bart and the Loki'

Loki is banished to Springfield.... and life goes on
Assassin
Thanks for the Ted Lasso notes. Hilarious!
Assassin
For some reason I missed 'The Aeronauts" a couple of years ago. Superb flick based on true events about a balloon going higher than ever before.
Stemperford
Money Heist Episode 2, oh yea!
Assassin
Great series of 'Alone' this year. So far the folks that never should have been on the show quit early. The last four, two have been pulled for medical reasons, two left. Both could be pulled for medical... gonna be close. Medical may decide the winner. Some tough SOBs

btw - some great ideas. The pit tent by the gal that just got pulled was cool as heck. She subsisted almost entirely on rose hips and natural stuff for a couple of months until pulled as she was around 90 lbs

The Biko guy is quite the character - he is still in it. Really not much of anything to eat, kind of crappy shelter builder, calls it 'The Troll Cave'. Just mentally strong. He's lost 90 pounds

And the other fella left shot a deer and has been living off it but it is gone. He is a natural hunter. Obviously the strongest player in the whole field

You really grow to respect the way the Native Americans lived in the area for a millennia year round

I wont tell you who won in case you havent seen it. Quite amazing year with Grizzlies all over the place, wolves, ferrets, etc
Assassin
Matrix 4

We now know more about the new "Matrix" sequel.

Deadline reports that footage and a title were unveiled by Warner Bros. (which is owned by CNN's parent company) at CinemaCon.

According to the publication, the trailer for "The Matrix: Resurrections" includes Neil Patrick Harris as a therapist talking to Keanu Reeves' Neo, a man who discovers that humanity is trapped inside a simulated reality known as the Matrix, and that he is the destined champion who can help liberate them.

The movie also stars Carrie-Anne Moss, Jada Pinkett Smith and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

The movie is scheduled to be released on December 22.
Assassin
Sopranos prequel - Saints of Newark

John Bernthal as Tony's dad Johnny Boy. Should be cool
Assassin
"See" with Jason Mamoa added Dave Burista as his brother. Wasnt sure they could develop the story a whole lot but I was very wrong. Basically the whole world is blind. Literally. Witch hunters hunt and burn the occasional sighted baby.

A few slip through and chaos goes on
Assassin
Assassin said:

Sopranos prequel - Saints of Newark

John Bernthal as Tony's dad Johnny Boy. Should be cool
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-reviews/many-saints-of-newark-movie-review-sopranos-prequel-1232018/
slimecap
My Life is Murder
on Acorn streaming
Assassin
Assassin
always loved Isaac Asimov books. He painted pictures in your mind. As I am dyslexic, I could easily grasp Asimov but not rudimentary algebra.

Now the Foundation comes on and I dont recognize any of it. I'll keep watching and hope it clicks
Bear8084
Season 2 of Mr. Robot. What a mind-bender of a show. Season 1 starts out like a show you think it's going to be and then by the second to the last episode of season 1, it completely takes a left turn and transforms into something completely different.
Bear8084
Also started the new favorite: Squid Game. Pretty good. I am a fan of Running Man, The Long Walk, and The Hunger Games. Unique twist on that kind of dystopian games for your life genre.
Assassin
Bear8084 said:

Also started the new favorite: Squid Game. Pretty good. I am a fan of Running Man, The Long Walk, and The Hunger Games. Unique twist on that kind of dystopian games for your life genre.
Nice twist at the end of Squid Game.
Assassin
Keyser Soze
In Benny & Joon, Depp was doing an inpersination of Buster Keaton not Charlie Chaplin - FYI
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

In Benny & Joon, Depp was doing an inpersination of Buster Keaton not Charlie Chaplin - FYI
It was incredible!

My "hatred" for Robert Downey Jr comes through sometimes.
saabing bear
All in the Family. Surprised how much dialogue I still remember.
Assassin
Heels is pretty good. Family wrestling organization. Got a couple of names you will recognize including Alex Ludwig (Bjorn Ironside) on Vikings
Assassin
The new 'DUNE"

The new star looks like a strong wind could blow him over. Very frail looking.

I did forget how frail he looked after a while. Its 2 1/2 hours long and when it ended, I thought that there must be more. Setup for a nice set of sequels just like Frank Heberts books. Two parts right now but I bet sales might include one of the other 13 books in the DUNE set
Assassin
Assassin
Succession. Great cast with Brian Cox and others. Fabulous family dynamics...

Rewatching S2 before I start S3
Aliceinbubbleland
Yellowstone season 4.
Assassin
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Yellowstone season 4.
Still waiting for payback.... its gonna happen.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.