What TV series are you currently watching?

247,516 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
NoBSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like the Thomas Perry Jane Whitefield books. I always wondered why they never made it to the big screen. I read Halle Berry had the rights trying to develop a script. The character is half Seneca with a deep history to a NY reservation. That's a huge part of the book series. The character is mixed race so that could work, but changes several plots where she throws the feds off using tribe members thst resemble her. The character is very athletic like a long distance runner, hiker, or climber. I just don't see it. I think it ended up as proposed CW television series set in Oregon that never went anywhere.

Disappointing, but not as much as Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

deemus said:

Long Kiss Goidnight. Geena Davis at her hotTest.
Movie Trivia

At that time, LKG was the most money ever paid for a script by a studio. I was written by one of the collaborators of the Lethal Weapon series
actually written by an acquaintance of mine, Shane Black. He wrote the first two Lethal Weapon scripts, Last Boy Scout, Iron Man 3 and others. Also an actor, one of Arnolds troop in the chopper in Predator - the first one of them to get gutted - and the Manager of the cafe in As Good as It Gets that boots Jack Nicholson out
Assassin
thats my agent on the left, Shane and me back in the day

deemus
Game is on. We're talking movies.
Keyser Soze
Always like a good assassin story

Speaking of predator - my boy all over me to take him to the new one
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Always like a good assassin story

Speaking of predator - my boy all over me to take him to the new one
I can tell you all sorts of Hollywood horror stories. No loyalty out there at all

Shane wrote LW 2 as an end to Riggs. It was a two movie series for him. He had Riggs dying in the end. Walked off the set during filming when Warner started the rewrites.
NoBSU
Earlier in the week I picked up Americans again late us season 4 and started season 5. Still am bored with the plot tangents in the daughter. Frank Langella adds a lot.
forza orsi
NoBSU said:

Earlier in the week I picked up Americans again late us season 4 and started season 5. Still am bored with the plot tangents in the daughter. Frank Langella adds a lot.
It definitely slowed at that point but you need to press on to get to season 6. Outstanding.
NoBSU
forza orsi said:

NoBSU said:

It definitely slowed at that point but you need to press on to get to season 6. Outstanding.
I may speed watch a little. I move the cursor across her scenes or the ministers scenes then drop on another sub plot. The inner workings of the USSR embassy drag a little too.

I am only an episode into Season 5. I found myself saying: okay Felicity sleep with the minister or kill him. Or sleep with him then kill him. Did they use a butt double in the scene with the Asian? I may read the episode summaries. Spot watch watch a couple of items. Watch the season 5 recap while taking your advice and moving to season 6.
Keyser Soze
I jumped ship mid season of the one before the last one.

Really good things said about the final season, may circle back once everything is on Netflix or something
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

I jumped ship mid season of the one before the last one.

Really good things said about the final season, may circle back once everything is on Netflix or something
It's on Amazon Prime.
forza orsi
NoBSU said:

forza orsi said:

NoBSU said:

I may speed watch a little. I move the cursor across her scenes or the ministers scenes then drop on another sub plot. The inner workings of the USSR embassy drag a little too.

I am only an episode into Season 5. I found myself saying: okay Felicity sleep with the minister or kill him. Or sleep with him then kill him. Did they use a butt double in the scene with the Asian? I may read the episode summaries. Spot watch watch a couple of items. Watch the season 5 recap while taking your advice and moving to season 6.
and by "press on" I wasn't meaning skip anything, but just get through it some way. There's background you need in season 5 to fully get 6, but maybe the summaries get you there.
Assassin
"Walking Dead" has officially run out of stories. So many directions they could have gone...
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
4th and Inches
Found season 3 of battlebots.

My wife has been watching the 100
Assassin
Gruvin said:

Found season 3 of battlebots.

My wife has been watching the 100
Love that show! (the announcer leaves a great deal to be desired - Faruq... wonder how much he pays them so he can announce?)

Been watching since the old days - 20ish years ago. I think it was Robot Wars or something like that
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Hob Howelll
Assassin said:

"Walking Dead" has officially run out of stories. So many directions they could have gone...

I remember watching the first season my freshman year at Baylor thinking how great it was. It turned into a soap opera and zombies are just sorta in the background
Assassin
The Hound said:

Assassin said:

I remember watching the first season my freshman year at Baylor thinking how great it was. It turned into a soap opera and zombies are just sorta in the background
yep. They had a good chance with Negen and the Saviors. Parts of it were very good, others not so much
Assassin
Better Call Saul - not quite in the range of Breaking Bad but still superior to most shows out there.

deemus
Assassin said:

Better Call Saul - not quite in the range of Breaking Bad but still superior to most shows out there.

I really like Saul. I read a great article about it, and how it stands on its own.

Its fun to have the "easter eggs" as the producer calls them, of having BB characters show up at different times in the show.
Assassin
Thought "Mayans" was gonna be pretty good - but they never established any camaraderie within the gang. It was kinda like we caught it mid-season.

If you're hoping for Sons of Anarchy II, it doesnt have that chemistry
Keyser Soze
Started to watch Manafest ...... kinda had the vibe of a new "Lost"

about to bail after E4 S1
4th and Inches
Keyser Soze said:

watched a couple, might watch a couple more to see how they tie some of the plot lines together but I could also not watch it again and be ok...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Assassin
Gruvin said:

Keyser Soze said:

watched a couple, might watch a couple more to see how they tie some of the plot lines together but I could also not watch it again and be ok...
same here.

It was kinda of a Final Destination ripoff
YoakDaddy
S3 of Daredevil was just released on Netflix. The Punisher being released next month I think. I started watching the new Magnum PI episodes and latest Lethal Weapon episodes while on treadmill. Magnum has grown on me but still not as good as the original. IMO Lethal Weapon has gotten better but I fear Wayans has screwed up the future of that show.
Keyser Soze
Just finished S3 Man in High Castle on Prime

Good stuff - (fair warning, have Nazis as the bad guy and I am generally in)

cms186
Keyser Soze said:

i watched some of the first season of that and though i enjoyed the premise, i couldnt get in to it
I'm the English Guy
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Not bad overall. You wonder if Reichsmarschall Smith will somehow convert to the other side, try to get Thomas back from the other side. Smiths charachter was developed well this season
bularry
Finally watched Ozarks Season 2. Excellent show
TechDawgMc
Man in the High Castle is back with Season 3. It didn't occur to me at first that Netflix would just release the whole season at once. So far very good. Some interesting twists in the show.
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

Man in the High Castle is back with Season 3. It didn't occur to me at first that Netflix would just release the whole season at once. So far very good. Some interesting twists in the show.
Very good S3. Leaves some interesting questions for S4
william
Go Bears!
YoakDaddy
william said:

My favorite financial discussion.
Assassin
Netflix out with a look at Italy during the ear of Italian republics. Slightly less extravagant look than the Borgias but still pretty cool - Medicis; Masters of Florence

Dustin Hoffman - Richard Madden (Robb Stark in GoT) - Brian Cox and others

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Was binging Bourdain's old shows and it got depressing seeing him change the past season.
bularry
Just watched The Nineties on Netflix. CNN original I think. Really good. 7 parts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.