What TV series are you currently watching?

247,311 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
TechDawgMc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

TechDawgMc said:

Assassin said:

The Expanse. Not a bad S5

Finished S5 yesterday. Good season overall. There were more "buildup" shows than I would have expected -- and one very surprising twist from the books (ep. 10). That left me wondering what they'll do around that in future seasons.
only one more season... 6 has already been green lighted but was annouced as the final one.
Really? That means they aren't going to come close to telling the whole story from the books. There are basically four books worth of material left from the books. So they're taking a short cut if they are going to finish up with 10 more shows. I wonder if they're going to ignore the whole "Laconian Empire" plotline.
Assassin
Killing time and decided to give the "Charmed' reboot a looksee....

boy oh boy do those writers hate men. Big men, little men, all races of men, men of wealth, poor men....
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Killing time and decided to give the "Charmed' reboot a looksee....

boy oh boy do those writers hate men. Big men, little men, all races of men, men of wealth, poor men....
4th and Inches
TechDawgMc said:

4th and Inches said:

TechDawgMc said:

Assassin said:

Finished S5 yesterday. Good season overall. There were more "buildup" shows than I would have expected -- and one very surprising twist from the books (ep. 10). That left me wondering what they'll do around that in future seasons.
only one more season... 6 has already been green lighted but was annouced as the final one.
Really? That means they aren't going to come close to telling the whole story from the books. There are basically four books worth of material left from the books. So they're taking a short cut if they are going to finish up with 10 more shows. I wonder if they're going to ignore the whole "Laconian Empire" plotline.
saw something about them wanting to avoid the 30 year time jump between books 6 and 7
Assassin
4th and Inches said:

TechDawgMc said:

4th and Inches said:

TechDawgMc said:

Assassin said:

saw something about them wanting to avoid the 30 year time jump between books 6 and 7
Just saw S5, Ep 10 earlier today. Nice ending to a good season. Not spectacular but sets up S6 for sure
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Gina Carano dumped off Mandalorian for her non-conforming politics.
HunterBear
I enjoy watching Mountain Men. Now, all reality shows have some preplanned story lines, but I enjoy the scenery and two or three of the old codgers are enjoyable to listen to. Country folks are my cup of tea.
Assassin
HunterBear said:

I enjoy watching Mountain Men. Now, all reality shows have some preplanned story lines, but I enjoy the scenery and two or three of the old codgers are enjoyable to listen to. Country folks are my cup of tea.
A fun show. The guy from Arkansas really knows his metal. Great job in his forge. Eustus in the Smoky Mountains too
Assassin
Cruisiing the channels on Pluto and ran across "I'm Dying up Here" - absolutely sidesplitting comedy. About a bunch of comics trying to hit the big time
Assassin
Assassin said:

Cruisiing the channels on Pluto and ran across "I'm Dying up Here" - absolutely sidesplitting comedy. About a bunch of comics trying to hit the big time
btw - if you were offended by old Red Foxx XXX tapes, this is not your show
4th and Inches
Started Billions on Amazon this week...
TechDawgMc
Been watching a couple of Amazon series:

Jack Ryan -- is a reboot of the original Jack Ryan novels by Tom Clancy. Same trajectory for his career but different activities (first season was about tracking down a terrorist rather than about Russia). Second season involved a scene from Clear and Present Danger though done differently.

Good acting, pretty good story lines.

Counterpart -- I think this was originally a Starz series. Guy works for a secretive agency for 30 years. Never has much of a position; can't get a promotion. Then discovers that the agency is actually related to the fact that there's a portal to a parallel world that is kept secret from most people. He meets his doppelganger -- who is an accomplished spy for the other side. Intrigue and misdirection ensue. Interesting story so far, also quality acting.

Hustlers -- group of con artists playing big cons. First show was a clear sendup of The Sting. Others have different directions. Shallow but fun. Has Robert Vaughn as a significant character. Rest of the cast were new to me.
Assassin
4th and Inches said:

Started Billions on Amazon this week...
love that show!
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

Been watching a couple of Amazon series:

Jack Ryan -- is a reboot of the original Jack Ryan novels by Tom Clancy. Same trajectory for his career but different activities (first season was about tracking down a terrorist rather than about Russia). Second season involved a scene from Clear and Present Danger though done differently.

Good acting, pretty good story lines.

Counterpart -- I think this was originally a Starz series. Guy works for a secretive agency for 30 years. Never has much of a position; can't get a promotion. Then discovers that the agency is actually related to the fact that there's a portal to a parallel world that is kept secret from most people. He meets his doppelganger -- who is an accomplished spy for the other side. Intrigue and misdirection ensue. Interesting story so far, also quality acting.

Hustlers -- group of con artists playing big cons. First show was a clear sendup of The Sting. Others have different directions. Shallow but fun. Has Robert Vaughn as a significant character. Rest of the cast were new to me.
3 great shows. who woulda thought the guy from Office would be such a good Jack Ryan!
J.R.
Went back several pages and didn't see it mentioned, but Ted Lasso (1st season on Apple TV) is the best show I've seen in years. We watched it twice. Great show for the Panny as it is light , uplifting and really funny.
Assassin
Battlebots finale. Love that show. Amazing how much destruction those little bots can do
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

4th and Inches said:

TechDawgMc said:

Assassin said:

I think 4 and 5 were going to be their 'final season' too. Fans told them no.
Assassin
'Walking Dead' had strolled to a halt... the best thing about the show now is Lauren Cohan.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Battlebots finale. Love that show. Amazing how much destruction those little bots can do
amazing. Lol
Mr Tulip
Assassin said:

I wish they'd open up the rules a bit. Right now, Low wedge with spinning inertia weapons are pretty much all anyone does.

I know they couldn't take the liability, but EMP or entanglement weapons would make the designers plan a little more.
REvansBU71
Gun Smoke
Laramie
Bonanza
Jesse Stone series
et. al.
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
Assassin
Mr Tulip said:

Assassin said:

I wish they'd open up the rules a bit. Right now, Low wedge with spinning inertia weapons are pretty much all anyone does.

I know they couldn't take the liability, but EMP or entanglement weapons would make the designers plan a little more.
they used to allow entanglements but ended up outlawing them. I think it was in BB predecessors Robot Wars or something like that
Assassin
Mr Tulip said:

Assassin said:

btw - if you follow the show, every couple of years better planning beats raw brute, ala spinners used to rule, now they hardly show up, and Tombstone getting his ass kicked the last couple of years after winning two or three years in a row
Assassin
For All Mankind.... pretty cool reintrepatation of the Moon Landing and if the Russians had been first, manned stations on the moon, finding ice on the moon etc. They kinda keep it parallels to space history
Stemperford
I am starting to watch "surviving death". Hope I can survive till the end.

Assassin
Watching Zach Snyders 'Justice League'

4 hours plus

Anybody got popcorn, and dinner, and breakfast?

Assassin
Assassin said:

4 hours plus

Finally finished it.... to be honest, I felt like I had seen most of it in the last movie. A couple of new villains. The new bad guy looked like a cousin of the metal giant in Thor that destroys the small town.

Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

4 hours plus

Finally finished it.... to be honest, I felt like I had seen most of it in the last movie. A couple of new villains. The new bad guy looked like a cousin of the metal giant in Thor that destroys the small town.

did you watch any of the basketball tournament?
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

4 hours plus

just Baylor
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

4 hours plus

just Baylor
ok
william
anybody catch WSW??

another good one.

thanks, LR!!!

dude doesn't age.

- BUmma

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Assassin
BattleBots Bounty Hunter... new series. Bots go through a playoff to get a shot at one of the better big name bots

Just saw this. First one is against Bronco, one of the original flippers
Assassin
Walking Dead... holy crap! Looks like they hired some new writers that had never watched the show before. The Walking Dead looks to be the Dead Walking
Assassin
Carnival Row S2 is complete and in the can. Just waiting for Amazon Prime to get off it's own can and say go
Assassin
Snowpiercer S2 finale - is Melanie an icicle?

Doubtful. They need a lead actor that can go toe to toe with Sean Bean. They don't have one if Jennifer Connelly is gone

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.