What TV series are you currently watching?

247,398 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watching Twin Peaks: The Return, rewatching the original series and the movies. Also read the books by Mark Frost.

Multimedia binging.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Keyser Soze

Just started Ozark - good so far

Anticipating

Narcos S3 Sept 1

Stranger Things S2 October

Finished THE OA - OK

Up next - Turn most likely
Keyser Soze

Just started "The Sinner" on USA network, not bad
Baylor Backer
Looking for more good shows. Have already watched or am currently watching:
GOTs - all caught up awaiting the season final.
Outlander - awaiting season 3 starting in October
Poldark - the Masterpiece show is very good and season 3 starts in October.
Watched Breaking Bad
Awaiting the next season of Better Call Saul
Watched Mad Men
Got through 2 seasons of Turn but lost interest. Does it get better in season 3 or 4?
Will there be another season of Homeland, I hope so.
Loved Ozark.
Stranger Things was okay.
I love the Americans and can't wait for the next season.
The OA was just weird.

What else is out there?
sicemkentucky
Better Call Saul?
LRA Bear
Baylor Backer said:

Watched Breaking Bad
Watched Mad Men
Got through 2 seasons of Turn but lost interest. Does it get better in season 3 or 4?
Loved Ozark.
The OA was just weird.

What else is out there?

The Wire, The Wire, and The Wire.
NoBSU
Baylor Backer said:

Watched Breaking Bad
Watched Mad Men
Loved Ozark.
The OA was just weird.

What else is out there?

Patriot on Amazon
deemus
My wife started watching Saving Hope, and I thought, "oh crap. Another hospital show." I was wrong.

Never seen most of the actors, but it's a cool story line, and good acting. Halfway through season 2 now.

It's on HULU.
Krista
Most Popular Girls in School (ridiculous webisode thing, rated R)
The Legend of Neil (see above)
Orange is The New Black
The Crown
Archer
The IT Crowd
deemus
Not sure how I never watched it before, I plowed through The Bridge season one over last week. Really digging it.
jstins
Baylor Backer said:

Watched Breaking Bad
Watched Mad Men
Loved Ozark.
The OA was just weird.

What else is out there?

I loved TURN. Season 3 & 4 were good IMO. Spoiler alert: We win the war.
Assassin
Just watched a Brit series called "White Gold" from BBC2

Imagine a Cockney version of "Tin Men" set in the 80's and you have the idea.

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
bearassnekkid
TURN: Washington's spies

About to finish season 2. Loving it.
sicemkentucky
Atypical - new series on Netflix about a kid on the autism spectrum. Anyone else seen it?
BrooksBearLives
bearassnekkid said:

TURN: Washington's spies

About to finish season 2. Loving it.
It's really good.
Keyser Soze
Just started Turn - very good so far

Two USA show are good

The Sinner
Snowfall

Old Show on Netflix

The Night Manager

New

Narcos S3
CHP Bear
Just finished NARCOS - no drop off on excitement - AOK

Finished Ozark - was hesitant to watch but turned out AOK - as a frequent visitor to the Lake, I have eliminate the term red-neck from my vocab.

Waiting for Longmire final season.

Lots of other good shows to binge on.
Assassin
CHP Bear said:

Finished Ozark - was hesitant to watch but turned out AOK - as a frequent visitor to the Lake, I have eliminate the term red-neck from my vocab.

just started Narco S3. No kidding on the above. Pacho is a little messed up in the head
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin said:

CHP Bear said:

just started Narco S3. No kidding on the above. Pacho is a little messed up in the head
Just finished NS3. Another great season that I didnt want to be over.

Damn reality.

NS4 - updates on the directions they are considering; http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/09/narcos-season-4-release-date-el-chapo-renewed-cast-will-there-be-a-premiere/
saabing bear
riflebear said:

Last Man Standing (great sitcom if you want a clean family show which is rare these days)

I just started watching it but I've only got less than a month because Netflix is taking it off 9/30. One of the few shows that make me laugh.
Assassin
Tin Star - not exactly what you would expect...

Brit ex-pat alcoholic sherriff moves to the colonies Oil company moves into town, sparks fly, folks die
Feel The Floyd
Started watching ken burns new documentary on vietnam.
BearN
J.R. said:

just finished the 2nd season (current) of Happy Valley in Netflix. It's outstanding, but you must like BBC cop shows...ie Luther and The Fall. These accents are really tough since in takes place in West Yorkshire. Acting is superb. Highly recommend. Good wife or GF show.

Sorry, I'm late to this thread...

When I watch stuff like that, sometimes I turn on the closed captioning. Just makes it easier sometimes.
BearN
"The Orville" is surprisingly good. They just aired Episode 2.

I thought I was going to hate it because I figured it would be Seth MaxFarlane doing a Star Trek parody, but it's not that at all. Yes, it's comedy, but it's also got a real storyline going on. They did have to dance around Star Trek a bit and make up a knock-off Star Fleet, new lo-rent aliens, and a few spoof characters, but im okay with that. The CGI has actually been pretty good too.

Some of the ladies might actually watch it with you too since there is a little bit of romcom thrown in with the Sci-Fi

Assassin
BearN said:

I thought I was going to hate it because I figured it would be Seth MaxFarlane doing a Star Trek parody, but it's not that at all. Yes, it's comedy, but it's also got a real storyline going on. They did have to dance around Star Trek a bit and make up a knock-off Star Fleet, new lo-rent aliens, and a few spoof characters, but im okay with that. The CGI has actually been pretty good too.

Some of the ladies might actually watch it with you too since there is a little bit of romcom thrown in with the Sci-Fi

Ouch! I was just about to write what an incredibly bad attempt at comedy. Not a McFarlane fan at all but as a sci-fi fan, wanted to give him the benefit of a chance. Watched Pilot and 2.

Incredibly cheap sets. The "spaceship interior" looks like someones house. Most of the other sets look like they shot them in a warehouse.

If an old friend wasnt in it, probably wouldnt watch any more. Thank God for fast forward.
Assassin
The Strain is over. Blood sucking vampire types take over NYC. Not sure why they chose NYC as blood sucking vampires took it over a long time ago.

Series started pretty good. Really lost steam the last couple of years.

The bad guys lost. The human race won. That's all.
Keyser Soze
Just finished Snowfall on FX - birth of crack, CIA coke sales to support arms for contras

Thumbs up -
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Just finished Snowfall on FX - birth of crack, CIA coke sales to support arms for contras

Thumbs up -
Not a bad show. Doesnt paint the CIA in a very favorable light
Assassin
Assassin said:

Tin Star - not exactly what you would expect...

Brit ex-pat alcoholic sherriff moves to the colonies Oil company moves into town, sparks fly, folks die
A group of rookie hitmen come after the sheriff (Tim Roth) but accidentally shoot his 3-4ish yoa son and injure his wife. His daughter and wife both tell him to go after the bad guys and kill them. He makes himself a target to lure the hitmen to him

If anyone got the reason for "Whitey" name, pass it on. Something about him being the only white guy in ... but I couldnt make out what they said. Sounded kinda like Harlem but it would have to be in the UK so that doesnt work.

Finally got to the episode that tied in the whys and whos. Won't spoil it for you but the previous episodes make sense now.
Ghostrider
The Borgias...one more season left
Assassin
Mr. Goodbear said:

The Borgias...one more season left
That was a great show. Ended a season too early. Apparently it was a very tiring series with all the 'drapery' via Jeremy Irons
Assassin
Usually love Ray Donovan. But this season..

What idiot writer wanted to flashback all season long to her dying of cancer in bits and pieces? Abby, if you're gonna die, go ahead and die.

BearN
Assassin said:

BearN said:

Ouch! I was just about to write what an incredibly bad attempt at comedy. Not a McFarlane fan at all but as a sci-fi fan, wanted to give him the benefit of a chance. Watched Pilot and 2.

Incredibly cheap sets. The "spaceship interior" looks like someones house. Most of the other sets look like they shot them in a warehouse.

If an old friend wasnt in it, probably wouldnt watch any more. Thank God for fast forward.

I can certainly understand someone not liking it. But you have at least given it a fair shot having watched a couple of episodes, so I can't argue with that.
El Oso
Vice Principals
Assassin
El Oso said:

Vice Principals
It is kinda funny. In a Danny McBride sort of way. Pretty much the same character as Eastbound, just different scenario.

Only two seasons total. McBride had actually finished both seasons before the first one aired. HBO told him they were splitting it into two seasons

BTW Oso, McBride was also once a teacher. You may have a TV writing career ahead of you...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.