What TV series are you currently watching?

247,650 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
william
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin
If it was Golden Globes, I dont watch any awards show anymore. They are pure politics and the best shows/movies seldom win.

Assassin
American Auto - blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Assassin
The Cleaning Lady - Loved Ep 1 S 1. Lets see how it pans out.

Harrison Bergeron
Assassin said:

I liked the first two episodes. However, the illegal alien hysterics are hysterical. The show acts like we live in a country that enforces immigration laws.
Assassin
Harrison Bergeron said:

Assassin said:

I liked the first two episodes. However, the illegal alien hysterics are hysterical. The show acts like we live in a country that enforces immigration laws.
Cambodian doctor that was surgeon in Macau? I think that is what she said. Its gonna get really interesting.

And you are correct, The FBI would hold that illegal alien stuff all over her head. I think they introduced the FBI way to early
Assassin
Seven seasons removed from the end of the original, FX is rebooting #Justified as a limited series titled "Justified: City Primeval." Timothy Olyphant will return as Marshal Raylan Givens. No air date yet. Premise: Givens relocates from Miami to Detroit to clash with a sociopath
Assassin
If you are watching '1883', basically how the Duttons came to their slice of heaven, watch out for Mikel. Thats Jordan Walker Ross who also plays James the Lesser on 'Chosen'. His grandpa is Barry Corbin

He comes in as the fellow in the wagon with the jeans at about 3 minutes.... 'I dont speak no English'
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

If you are watching '1883', basically how the Duttons came to their slice of heaven, watch out for Mikel. Thats Jordan Walker Ross who also plays James the Lesser on 'Chosen'. His grandpa is Barry Corbin

He comes in as the fellow in the wagon with the jeans at about 3 minutes.... 'I dont speak no English'
Did you catch Barry Corbin's cameo role in Yellowstone as the old timer on the 6666 Ranch that gave Jimmy some sage advice? Barry Corbin is one of the best ever..He's been around for awhile, and even now continues to bring colorful charcters to life..Ross comes from "good stock!"
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Did you catch Barry Corbin's cameo role in Yellowstone as the old timer on the 6666 Ranch that gave Jimmy some sage advice? Barry Corbin is one of the best ever..He's been around for awhile, and even now continues to bring colorful charcters to life..Ross comes from "good stock!"
Barry has the same agent I used to have, Linda McAlister as does Jordan. We were talking about Barry's spot in Yellowstone yesterday afternoon.

Also, Barry didnt know he had a daughter much less a grandson until about 1991. He had a baby with a girl he went to school with but Barry was working in Colorado, but Barry didnt know about it. The girl had the baby and her up for adoption, her name was Shannon

Miore in this interview I did, about halfway down https://memoriesofdallas.org/barrycorbin/
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Bexar Pitts
What a GREAT interview! So appreciate you putting that up..Great insight into his life...I remember the charecters that were brought up..loved them all..especially Uncle Bob in "Urban Cowboy"..and the famous line from "War Games." ..Thank you, Sir!
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

What a GREAT interview! So appreciate you putting that up..Great insight into his life...I remember the charecters that were brought up..loved them all..especially Uncle Bob in "Urban Cowboy"..and the famous line from "War Games." ..Thank you, Sir!
Funny thing. I had kinda lost my Texas accent over the years, working all over the world. Within a couple of minutes I had a Barry Corbin accent!
Assassin
btw - thanks, first part of the interview I did in 2003 with Jordans help. We were in one of those old email groups before the internet developed as it did. The second part was in 2021.

Barry lost his voice this week but within the next couple of weeks, we are gonna do a podcast.
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

btw - thanks, first part of the interview I did in 2003 with Jordans help. We were in one of those old email groups before the internet developed as it did. The second part was in 2021.

Barry lost his voice this week but within the next couple of weeks, we are gonna do a podcast.
I'll bet you're looking forward to that! BTW, his one scene as Ellis in 'No Country For Old Men" was just great..He basically laid out the story in that one scene, and the Coen bros really got it right with Mr. Corbin.. Another one of his "perfectly" casted roles...
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

I'll bet you're looking forward to that! BTW, his one scene as Ellis in 'No Country For Old Men" was just great..He basically laid out the story in that one scene, and the Coen bros really got it right with Mr. Corbin.. Another one of his "perfectly" casted roles...
Strange how many girls (and guys) spend tons of money on looking prettier thinking thats what it takes to make it on TV and Movies but the real way to keep working is to be a great character. You saw what happened to Jennifer Grey when she got her nose fixed after Dirty Dancing and Beuhler's Day Off, everyone wanted her the way she was. Barry was a handsome guy back in his day but by the time he made it, he was middle aged and had Alopecia (lost all his hair, has to have eyebrows, wig and everything else added each time he works)

Another thought is Steve Buscemi. Great character actor but lousy lead (Boardwalk Empire). That was great show but I never bought him as the lead.
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Strange how many girls (and guys) spend tons of money on looking prettier thinking thats what it takes to make it on TV and Movies but the real way to keep working is to be a great character. You saw what happened to Jennifer Grey when she got her nose fixed after Dirty Dancing and Beuhler's Day Off, everyone wanted her the way she was. Barry was a handsome guy back in his day but by the time he made it, he was middle aged and had Alopecia (lost all his hair, has to have eyebrows, wig and everything else added each time he works)

Another thought is Steve Buscemi. Great character actor but lousy lead (Boardwalk Empire). That was great show but I never bought him as the lead.
Roger that.."Character" actors have always been some of my favorites..From the old westerns ,I really enjoyed the roles of Edgar Buchanan and Arthur Hunnicutt..Great artists..I recall an interview with Ben Johnson, who kinda dissed his being among the "great" actors of the time..but said he was certainly the best around to play "him." So true..Buscemi was awesome in "Fargo" and certainly in "The Sopranos"..Strother Martin was another favorite character actor of mine..
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Roger that.."Character" actors have always been some of my favorites..From the old westerns ,I really enjoyed the roles of Edgar Buchanan and Arthur Hunnicutt..Great artists..I recall an interview with Ben Johnson, who kinda dissed his being among the "great" actors of the time..but said he was certainly the best around to play "him." So true..Buscemi was awesome in "Fargo" and certainly in "The Sopranos"..Strother Martin was another favorite character actor of mine..
I second that list. "What we've got here is failure to communicate", possibly one of the greatest lines in cinema history, came from Strother in 'Cool Hand Luke'. Oh to have been the writer that wrote that line and it found its way to Martin who had the perfect delivery
Aliceinbubbleland
When I started "1883" I didn't realize I could only access the first three episodes. I got hooked so tonight I took the free trial of Paramont+ even thought that network offers nothing else of interest. I'll catch up tonight but really disappointed this is the only outlet.

Tonight at about 3am all seven episodes of Ozark drop on Netflix. How unusual is that to have an entire season at once?
Assassin
Aliceinbubbleland said:

When I started "1883" I didn't realize I could only access the first three episodes. I got hooked so tonight I took the free trial of Paramont+ even thought that network offers nothing else of interest. I'll catch up tonight but really disappointed this is the only outlet.

Tonight at about 3am all seven episodes of Ozark drop on Netflix. How unusual is that to have an entire season at once?
Happens a lot of the pay channels
TechDawgMc
Finished "The Expanse" this week. It was a really good series, but kind of went out quietly. I wouldn't say the last season was bad, but it was a bit odd. They left some things hanging and they wrapped the story rather quickly.

It'll be interesting to see if they come back in a few years with a sequel to address the last 3-4 books. They laid the seeds for it, but just left things hanging.
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

Finished "The Expanse" this week. It was a really good series, but kind of went out quietly. I wouldn't say the last season was bad, but it was a bit odd. They left some things hanging and they wrapped the story rather quickly.

It'll be interesting to see if they come back in a few years with a sequel to address the last 3-4 books. They laid the seeds for it, but just left things hanging.
thought the same thing. plus the supreme beings that opened the rings would have shut them all down, not just that one (IMO)
Assassin
The new Reacher series isnt bad. John Ritchson played 'Hawk' in the Titans series. 6'3 and cut. Very different from Tom Cruise 5' nuttin. Closer to the novels apparently. More 'in your face'
Keyser Soze
Like the first episode - somewhat mindless fun
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Like the first episode - somewhat mindless fun
The fella that wrote the books, Lee Childs, is Exec Producer. He and Ritchson are turning into good buds
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Sin on netflix
Assassin
Boba Fett was kinda flopping so they brought in the Mandalorian to spice things up. Already picking up
Bear8084
Boba is good. Lots of story to fill in and seems to be finding it's way, even with Mando help. Should've been just Mando season 3.

Ozark season 4 is about as tense as any show out there. The first half ends about how you would expect. Just brutal. But such a good show.
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

The new Reacher series isnt bad. John Ritchson played 'Hawk' in the Titans series. 6'3 and cut. Very different from Tom Cruise 5' nuttin. Closer to the novels apparently. More 'in your face'
It's a pretty good version of the Reacher novels. Guess it makes sense if Child is helping produce. I haven't decided how much I like Ritchson. He plays the part a tad goofy at times, but he certainly fits the role better than Cruise did.
Illinois Bear
Binging all seasons of Homeland. Just started season 4. Great show.
TechDawgMc
Anyone who read the books watching Wheel of Time?

I'm wondering what they are going to do with a 14 book series. Are they following something like what a lot of series do and doing one book per season? I don't see any way they are going to do that many seasons.

I wonder how much of a plan they have to get finished.
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

Anyone who read the books watching Wheel of Time?

I'm wondering what they are going to do with a 14 book series. Are they following something like what a lot of series do and doing one book per season? I don't see any way they are going to do that many seasons.

I wonder how much of a plan they have to get finished.
Kinda strange but yes, I am watching. 14 books in one heck of a lot of TV episodes
Assassin
Discovery of Witches is about to wrap. Final episode, final season. While fairly predictable, its a fun time waster
Assassin
Bel Air - based on Fresh Prince of BelAir but decidly darker. Carlton is a real snake and hasnt shown the Carlton shuffle yet.... the new Will Smith is 'kinda' from the streets but shows a lot of 'not so street smart'

Its on the new Peacock channel. First episode online for Free

https://www.peacocktv.com/dr/bel-air?cid=2111originalsbairpkpdsearch7564
Assassin
Vintage Voltage is kinda fun. Another in the long line of British car shows. In a nutshell, the builders take British mini cars into their shop and convert them to electric. The last one was a Austin Mini that the gas engine was removed and Tesla engine put in. While it was the smallest of the Tesla engines, it was still 800+ horsepower. They had to figure out how to put the 16 batteries into the car. I think 8 went into the old trunk, 4 behind the seat and another 4 under the "bonnet".

They had to fabricate all sorts of mounts, replace a lot of the steering components, etc, but it was incredible once it was done. Went from 76 HP to 825 just like that. 1 gear forward using the electric Tesla motor and 1 reverse.

They've done motorcycles, VW Vans, Karman Ghias, Fiat 500s, Land Rover Defender, MC Midget, Ferrari 308 GTS, BMWs and Porsche's.

Its on Sky TV https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/50c561b0-54ed-45ca-8d12-bed5d3a96a06/vintage-voltage-50c561b0-54ed-45ca-8d12-bed5d3a96a06
4th and Inches
Assassin said:

Discovery of Witches is about to wrap. Final episode, final season. While fairly predictable, its a fun time waster
wife liked it, she jumped to vampire diaries next.. not really my thing
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.