What TV series are you currently watching?

247,318 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
JasonPhillips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Was binging Bourdain's old shows and it got depressing seeing him change the past season.
The Houston episode is absolutely phenomenal.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
JasonPhillips said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Was binging Bourdain's old shows and it got depressing seeing him change the past season.
The Houston episode is absolutely phenomenal.

Far West Texas was the last I could watch. Saw Houston before.
Keyser Soze
Narcos S3 to drop in November

S3 = Mexico
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

TechDawgMc said:

Man in the High Castle is back with Season 3. It didn't occur to me at first that Netflix would just release the whole season at once. So far very good. Some interesting twists in the show.
Very good S3. Leaves some interesting questions for S4

I can say without reservation that I don't know where they are going. It doesn't feel like a happy ending type show. Yet they are setting up something that could be interesting
Mitch Blood Green
I just started watching Bull on Hulu (or something). Interesting show. It's an ongoing CBS show where Jason Bull is a jury consultant. I am told he was on CSI, but I've never watched.
beardoc
He was on NCIS.
4th and Inches
tommie said:

I just started watching Bull on Hulu (or something). Interesting show. It's an ongoing CBS show where Jason Bull is a jury consultant. I am told he was on CSI, but I've never watched.
thought Bull was a good show but it dropped off my watch list when we went to netflix and amazon prime... never did bother to get the local channels and we just dont watch that much TV now.
Assassin
"Walking Dead" - its dying. Suffering the same fate that TV writers seem to feel is necessary - and horrible for the viewer. Bringing back old, long gone cast members as Rick Grimes appears to fade into the sunset, losing over 25 gallons of blood in a several mile evading of hundreds of munchers.,,,

but wait, Grimes is not dead at all. Next, a series of three big-budget, feature-length TV movies of Walking Dead for AMC on the horizon.

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
hustlenflow
I'm 7 episodes into Season 1 of Mad Men. Seems kind of boring so far. It also seems creepy, but not in an entertaining way. Does it get more engaging as the show goes on - like Breaking Bad did?
Assassin
hustlenflow said:

I'm 7 episodes into Season 1 of Mad Men. Seems kind of boring so far. It also seems creepy, but not in an entertaining way. Does it get more engaging as the show goes on - like Breaking Bad did?
Tried a couple of episodes when it started but I simply wasnt very interesting to me
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
The Last Kingdom - Season 3. If you like Vikings, you will probably like Kingdom

J.R.
hustlenflow said:

Wut? It's in the top 5 of all time, IMO. Stay the course.
forza orsi
J.R. said:

hustlenflow said:

Gotta agree. I thought it was really good. It helps to have lived through the 60's, as they did a wonderful job of recreating so many tiny details from the period.
JasonPhillips
J.R. said:

hustlenflow said:

Agree. Don't hear it very often, but I can understand how one would think this. Definitely stay with it. It's probably my #3 all time, behind The Wire and Breaking Bad.
Assassin
New series kicked off today, "Narcos; Mexican Season" - looks promising

Assassin
Also Youtube produced sci-fi thriller Origin. Malfoy from Harry Potter is one of the leads
deemus
Been watching MeatEater. If you are a hunter you will really like it. If you are not a hunter, this show will show you what hunting is all about.
Assassin
Assassin said:

New series kicked off today, "Narcos; Mexican Season" - looks promising

about 4 episodes in. very much like Narcos
Assassin
Walking Dead is slowly breathing its last breathes. No real lead actor now with Rick Grimes and Neegan gone
Bear8084
Assassin said:

Walking Dead is slowly breathing its last breathes. No real lead actor now with Rick Grimes and Neegan gone

No it's not. Negan is still there and probably about to be in a bigger role as the Whisperer War ramps up. Andrew Lincoln is also going to do 3 movies about Rick after he left, and a new story arc with the Whisperers is about to start.
Keyser Soze
Some interest, but I'm done. Enjoyed the show but you can only milk that cow so much
Keyser Soze
4 E in on "The Bodyguard" on Netflix

Thumbs up after 4
Assassin
Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

No it's not. Negan is still there and probably about to be in a bigger role as the Whisperer War ramps up. Andrew Lincoln is also going to do 3 movies about Rick after he left, and a new story arc with the Whisperers is about to start.
Rick is no longer on the show so that doesnt help Walking Dead. Neegan has 10 years in a jail cell added to him - plus he's not one of the good guys. The Governor and Shane Walsh are the only other lead actors types who could have carried it - but both are croaked. They never developed another lead actor to carry the show.

Bear8084
Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Rick is no longer on the show so that doesnt help Walking Dead. Neegan has 10 years in a jail cell added to him - plus he's not one of the good guys. The Governor and Shane Walsh are the only other lead actors types who could have carried it - but both are croaked. They never developed another lead actor to carry the show.

Selling Negan, Michonne, and Daryl short. Negan is still a bad guy yes, for now...
Assassin
Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Selling Negan, Michonne, and Daryl short. Negan is still a bad guy yes, for now...
Neegan is the only one of those that has the acting/character chops to pull it off, but this isnt WCW. they dont get to flip flop from bad to good to bad to good. They could stop writing w Michone into scripts and outside of a couple of fans, no one would mention it. Daryl is a character, no lead actor
Bear8084
Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Neegan is the only one of those that has the acting/character chops to pull it off, but this isnt WCW. they dont get to flip flop from bad to good to bad to good. They could stop writing w Michone into scripts and outside of a couple of fans, no one would mention it. Daryl is a character, no lead actor

Disagree other than Jeffery Dean Morgan has the acting chops. So does Norman Reedus if they move him out of the woods in a more leadership role. And this is a zombie drama where characters can flip between good and bad and conflicted. It's already happened. With how big the Whisperer threat is and having a redemption arc is not too out of the ordinary for someone like Negan. So far the ratings have been steady post-Rick. We shall see if that holds up and they keep having really good episodes like they have been having. They seem to have taken the mindset that Rick wasn't the show just like he is not the comic as his creator has said.
Hob Howelll
I watched a couple episodes last season and it seemed like there were barely any zombies anymore. Is that still the case?
Bear8084
The Hound said:

I watched a couple episodes last season and it seemed like there were barely any zombies anymore. Is that still the case?

That story arc they were in the middle of a war with another group. This season there seems to be more of a focus back on the communities building and surviving in that world, so more zombies.
Assassin
Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Disagree other than Jeffery Dean Morgan has the acting chops. So does Norman Reedus if they move him out of the woods in a more leadership role. And this is a zombie drama where characters can flip between good and bad and conflicted. It's already happened. With how big the Whisperer threat is and having a redemption arc is not too out of the ordinary for someone like Negan. So far the ratings have been steady post-Rick. We shall see if that holds up and they keep having really good episodes like they have been having. They seem to have taken the mindset that Rick wasn't the show just like he is not the comic as his creator has said.
we agree to disagree.
BellCountyBear
I'm two episodes into "Frontier" and I think I'm hooked. Anyone watch it all the way through already?
Wichitabear
New series of Vikings start tonight
Assassin
BellCountyBear said:

I'm two episodes into "Frontier" and I think I'm hooked. Anyone watch it all the way through already?
Third season, 4 of 6 watched. Kinda neat. Filmed in Ottawa and UK
deemus
Stuck on MeatEater on Netflix. Really interesting show. The various exotic locates are cool, and I love how the guy shows you how to cook the game he takes.
hustlenflow
Assassin said:

The Last Kingdom - Season 3. If you like Vikings, you will probably like Kingdom

Yeah, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons for sure. Will need to add this to the queue.
Keyser Soze
WW II In Color is interesting (Netflix)

Not much new to learn but seeing some of that footage colorized is cool - amazing tech than can do that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.