What TV series are you currently watching?

247,692 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw a few movies streaming

Older - M Night really swings and misses on this one

Gray Man - big budget slick. Entertaing but forgetable

13 Lives - Ron Howard directed. Very good. On Prime.
WILLIS
The old man
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Saw a few movies streaming

Older - M Night really swings and misses on this one

Gray Man - big budget slick. Entertaing but forgetable

13 Lives - Ron Howard directed. Very good. On Prime.
Gray Man - thought Gosling was rather good in this. Would agree with you assessment though
Keyser Soze
Forgot - just saw "Prey" on Hulu - good popcorn movie (Predator sequel), much better than expected
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Forgot - just saw "Prey" on Hulu - good popcorn movie (Predator sequel), much better than expected
Thanks, love me some sci-fi!
73s de N4WJP
Agree 100%. Prey was a pleasant surprise.
BUBear24
Started the Sandman- a bit slow start but the visuals are amazing.
HalibutRetro
BUBear24 said:

Yeah, same. Felt very WB at first. Fifth episode though was something else. Closer to Event Horizon. Heard it lags in eps 7 & 8, but finishes strong.
Harrison Bergeron
Better Call Saul.

Capitani - my first Luxembourg series - good who done it. Not great but fine.

I love all the Harlen Coben Netflix shows.
BellCountyBear
What did y'all think about the Better Call Saul finale?
4th and Inches
BellCountyBear said:

theres a thread dedicated to that so not to leave spoilers here in this one..

Sorry, they may done that in the premium bear cave..

Edit: yep, that thread is in the premium side
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Sam Lowry
Wangchung
This Fool, on Hulu. The whole season is pretty damned funny.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Harrison Bergeron
BellCountyBear said:

I thought it was good. Pretty good way to end it. Not sure it was rational on his part but it's TV.
Harrison Bergeron
I watched the first House of Dragons. I was a Song of Ice and Fire book*** and liked the first few seasons of the TV ... not sure why they book the story here in the overall timeline. I would have much rather a show on:
1. The Blackfyre rebellion
2. Aegon's Conquest
3. The end of Valyria
4. Robert's Rebellion

Not sure there is enough in the macro story to make it interesting but we'll see.
avensis
I watch the last season of westworld, for the moment it's a bit slow.

BUBear24
HalibutRetro said:

BUBear24 said:

Yeah, same. Felt very WB at first. Fifth episode though was something else. Closer to Event Horizon. Heard it lags in eps 7 & 8, but finishes strong.

Finished strong, I liked it. The main baddy, The Corinthian, was well played by the actor I thought. I think you could can tell now once you watch it all where this season was a lot of character building. For example the human he meets at the pub for the entire episode, we don't see him the rest of the way. Yet I bet he comes back.

It amazes me how Netflix will operate on shows sometimes. It's obvious from the ending it's set up for at least one more season, had been riding 1st in viewings for several weeks and one their highest watched shows (so far), and yet they don't even know if a S2 will be green lit.
Keyser Soze
Discovered a German 2018 series on HULU called "Das Boot" (The Boat) just surfing. It is about WW2 U Boats and inspired by the excellent 1981 movie by Wolfgang Peterson of the same name.

Only one in, but it was great. If you have never seen the 81 movie please do, it is great.

Peterson later made the move to Hollywood and had a very successful career: In the Line of Fire, Air Force One, Outbreak, The Perfect Storm, Troy
Aliceinbubbleland
BellCountyBear said:

Awesome
Aliceinbubbleland
I don't have time to go back over 49 previous pages but did anyone else enjoy "Rebellion"? I thought it was outstanding.
riflebear
1883's sequel 1923 is really good thru Episode 3. Sucks we have to wait a week for Episode 4.
Prime/Paramount+
william
Go Bears!
WILLIS
Slow Horses on Apple TV. Thought I posted that already somewhere. Maybe the tv thread on the cave but recommend
4th and Inches
WILLIS said:

Slow Horses on Apple TV. Thought I posted that already somewhere. Maybe the tv thread on the cave but recommend
its in the cave thread
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
fuentbu1
The Last of Us!

The games are incredible. Episode 1 on HBOMax was great as well.
historian
Only the Star Wars series on Disney+. Currently that's Bad Batch & Mandalorian as of March 1.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Aliceinbubbleland
All caught up on Yellowstone, 1883, 1923 and Tulsa King. Come on Sheridan. Get with it We need episodes.
boykin_spaniel
Cunk on Earth is fantastic if you like some British humor. Like a character out of a Python sketch starring in a documentary.

Second the Slow Horses shoutout above. Gary Oldman is great. Underrated show.

Watched the first episode of Black Bird on Apple TV. Intrigued and will watch more. Based on a true story. Stars Eggsy from the Kingsmen movies.
bularry
whoever recommended Slow Horses, big thanks! Oldman is amazing. Really enjoyed the first 2 seasons.

WILLIS
boykin_spaniel
Originally only 2 seasons but heard 3 and 4 are in the works. Might be my favorite Oldman role which is saying something.
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

hustlenflow said:

Rewatching Peaky Blinders (ahead of the final season dropping today) has been awesome. The acting and the dialog are fantastic.
Got a little corny last season but still excellent acting
Finally finished Peaky Blinders. Really good show. Obviously a tad dark. Thought the last season was a bit weak but I did like the final episode. I read that they plan to do one standalone movie, but haven't heard anything else about it.

One thing they did toward the end was start using music a lot more--it felt like they were just trying to save on dialog. Thought that was a bit weak.
avensis
I also finished Peaky Blinders, Just Thrilling. Top actors, a story that keeps bouncing. One of the best series of its generation.

Mini Militia App Lock
boykin_spaniel
The Bear on Hulu is outstanding. Don't think I've seen it mentioned.
bularry
Daisy Jones and the Six was quite enjoyable to me..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.