What TV series are you currently watching?

246,749 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime.

If you liked Narco's, you will love this. Italian drug families are bloody rivals. When one of them makes a huge purchase of coke, tons of it. He offers each of the other families the product at his cost to make them loyal

A couple of rivals decide they want the load themselves and the blood flows.

Starts in Italy, goes to Mexico, to New Orleans, then Mexico then Africa and so on and so on

Wow.

In this particular case, be sure you have time to binge watch as much as possible.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Watching Night Manager... awesome! Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie

Apparently le Carre nixed a Season 2. I would love to see it though
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
4th and Inches
Wrapped up season 5 of GOT...

Watched quite a few episodes of season one of a show called the repair shop on Netflix
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Keyser Soze
Loved the Night Manager, very good
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Loved the Night Manager, very good
apparently they wrote a Season 2 a couple of years ago, the stars wanted to do it but nothing worked out.
Assassin
the new Penny Dreadful, it may be the biggest waste of time and talent since Ishtar. We wanted some time of continuation of the first couple of seasons... instead, some LA writers race baiting version running the PC gauntlet. If you are a young writer looking for how not to write, this is the show to watch

Assassin
Season 5 of Lost Kingdom. Yes!

The Viking saga continued in Merry olde England
Assassin
Gangs of London - into three episodes so far. Not quite sure... bits and pieces are interesting but it doesnt exactly show the progression very well. The 'gangs' are very clearly defined which is kinda strange. I will leave that to your perusal
Assassin
Bosch season 6. Old reliable is still old reliable. Nuff said
Wichitabear
Watching Edge of Tomorrow. An old show but good
4th and Inches
Wife is hooked on Arrow... in season 4
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
william
Assassin
Assassin said:

Gangs of London - into three episodes so far. Not quite sure... bits and pieces are interesting but it doesnt exactly show the progression very well. The 'gangs' are very clearly defined which is kinda strange. I will leave that to your perusal

just finished it, it turned out pretty good although a bit hard to follow at times as there were so many plates spinning in the air

Wichitabear
deemus
Rust Valley Restoration on Netfix. S2 just dropped.

White dreads guy restores cars.
Assassin
Just watching 'The Fighter' with Walberg and Bale. Its a few years old but still pretty good. They could have used some better sound editing for the punches though.

Wichitabear
Last Kingdom
GoochyMane
Assassin said:

ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime.

If you liked Narco's, you will love this. Italian drug families are bloody rivals. When one of them makes a huge purchase of coke, tons of it. He offers each of the other families the product at his cost to make them loyal

A couple of rivals decide they want the load themselves and the blood flows.

Starts in Italy, goes to Mexico, to New Orleans, then Mexico then Africa and so on and so on

Wow.

In this particular case, be sure you have time to binge watch as much as possible.
one of my favorite shows of the year so far. If you liked it i recommend checking out Gomorrah on netflix its based on the books by the same author of zerozerozero. Gotta read subs but its one of the best crime shows ever imo
Assassin
GoochyMane said:

one of my favorite shows of the year so far. If you liked it i recommend checking out Gomorrah on netflix its based on the books by the same author of zerozerozero. Gotta read subs but its one of the best crime shows ever imo

thanks
Assassin
Season 2 of the Mandalorian is in the can, working on Post now

deemus
Generally not a Scfi guy, but I enjoyed Mandolorian. Ready for S2.
Assassin
deemus said:

Generally not a Scfi guy, but I enjoyed Mandolorian. Ready for S2.

it's kinda like an old Western, only with no gravity and androids and monsters and laser cannon
Keyser Soze
One more vote for ZeroZeroZero on Prime - excellent

Illinois Bear
BUrbon said:

BOSCH
On Amazon. Season 1 LAPD detective series. I'm hooked.

We just started Bosch this week. Thru 8 episodes of season 1 - what a great show. Looking forward to binging all seasons.
Assassin
Illinois Bear said:

BUrbon said:

BOSCH

We just started Bosch this week. Thru 8 episodes of season 1 - what a great show. Looking forward to binging all seasons.
you will love the consistency. you could take one S1 and compare it to S6 and Bosch is still Bosch. Great work by writers, directors and producers
Flaming Moderate
Assassin said:

Illinois Bear said:

BUrbon said:

BOSCH

you will love the consistency. you could take one S1 and compare it to S6 and Bosch is still Bosch. Great work by writers, directors and producers

My top 5. I then read all the Connelly books - awesome.
Wichitabear
Assassin you are so good at breaking stuff down. You just don't watch a movie, do you? It's so much more than that. Lol I'm still on Last Kingdom
hustlenflow
Latest season of Last Kingdom is lit. I wasn't sure how much gas that show would have left in the tank, but they turbocharged the mother trucker.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin you are so good at breaking stuff down. You just don't watch a movie, do you? It's so much more than that. Lol I'm still on Last Kingdom
I am a connoisseur I guess. I am either entertained, engrossed, bored or outright disgusted. I can tell when there are some lazy writers that should never have been allowed a Final Draft license
Assassin
hustlenflow said:

Latest season of Last Kingdom is lit. I wasn't sure how much gas that show would have left in the tank, but they turbocharged the mother trucker.
I agree. Not too sure how much longer they can keep showing Uther's naked butt though... at some point we all look (like Sharon Stone says) like a stack of flapjacks.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

hustlenflow said:

I agree. Not too sure how much longer they can keep showing Uther's naked butt though... at some point we all look (like Sharon Stone says) like a stack of flapjacks.
lolol
Illinois Bear
Assassin said:

Illinois Bear said:

BUrbon said:

BOSCH

Fantastic! I was wondering how the show held up over the course of all seasons. What a phenomenal character.
Assassin
Canceled/Renewed

Canceled
- Treadstone (Bourn spinoff, I never really got the feeling they were on the same page as the movies)
- The Purge (thank you!)
- Knightfall (sad... Knights Templar show, had some upside)
- Deputy (Kicked off with the Deputy, who was the newly appointed temp Sherriff, telling folks he will refuse to help ICE. And it went down from there)
- Ray Donovon - ( IMO, they never recovered from the awful season where his wife was dying. However I was invested. I was going to watch as long as it was on)

Renewed
- Young Sheldon (The actor Iain Armitage is already 11... at what point will the show be renamed 'Teenage Sheldon'?)
- Westworld. (took a couple of episodes to get into it this past season, but it kinda got going)
- Lost in Space - renewed for 3rd and final season
- Chicago Fire, PD, Med, all renewed for 3 more seasons. Derek is gonna be one busy bee.
- Yellowstone
- Blacklist
- Bosch - renewed for 7th and final season
- Better Call Saul - renewed for 6th and final season
- Shameless - renewed for 11th and final season
- Star Trek: Pickard - renewed. Not sure how long the lead can hold on. Looked very feeble in several episodes.
- Killing Eve - starting to grow on me a bit.

Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Canceled/Renewed

Canceled
- Treadstone (Bourn spinoff, I never really got the feeling they were on the same page as the movies)
- The Purge (thank you!)
- Knightfall (sad... Knights Templar show, had some upside)
- Deputy (Kicked off with the Deputy, who was the newly appointed temp Sherriff, telling folks he will refuse to help ICE. And it went down from there)
- Ray Donovon - ( IMO, they never recovered from the awful season where his wife was dying. However I was invested. I was going to watch as long as it was on)

Renewed
- Young Sheldon (The actor Iain Armitage is already 11... at what point will the show be renamed 'Teenage Sheldon'?)
- Westworld. (took a couple of episodes to get into it this past season, but it kinda got going)
- Lost in Space - renewed for 3rd and final season
- Chicago Fire, PD, Med, all renewed for 3 more seasons. Derek is gonna be one busy bee.
- Yellowstone
- Blacklist
- Bosch - renewed for 7th and final season
- Better Call Saul - renewed for 6th and final season
- Shameless - renewed for 11th and final season
- Star Trek: Pickard - renewed. Not sure how long the lead can hold on. Looked very feeble in several episodes.
- Killing Eve - starting to grow on me a bit.

glad about WestWorld. Just can't get into Killing Eve yet. Love Chicago Fire
Assassin
Better Call Saul - not usually a fan of precursors after the fact, but this one worked.

And perfect casting in Bob Odenkirk. Not too many actors could have pulled off a slimy, back sliding, two faced cartel lawyer that you still felt sorry for.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.