What TV series are you currently watching?

243,969 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by TenBears
Ghostrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just quit DVR'ing the show Preacher. That show jumped off a cliff.
Assassin
Mr. Goodbear said:

yep. doesnt appear to have much of a direction
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Mr. Goodbear said:

OUCH! Just found out Baylor grad Phil Hardage is the 1st AD for Preacher...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Gold Tron
Assassin said:

Mr. Goodbear said:

He was on Longmire for the first 3 seasons.

Is anyone watching the Netflix original "Travelers"? I just finished episode 1 and am intrigued.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
Ghostrider
I just finished The Borgias and now I need something else as well. I like shows like Rome, Spartacus, The Borgias......any other series that are similar?
Assassin
Gold Tron said:

Assassin said:

Mr. Goodbear said:

He was on Longmire for the first 3 seasons.

Is anyone watching the Netflix original "Travelers"? I just finished episode 1 and am intrigued.
yep. Also on Dallas productions including The Good Guys and Dallas at times.
hustlenflow
Mr. Goodbear said:

I just finished The Borgias and now I need something else as well. I like shows like Rome, Spartacus, The Borgias......any other series that are similar?
The Last Kingdom on Netflix is really good. I'm about half way through the second season - there are only 2. It's about the Dane's invasion of England way back when. Lots of good action and interesting characters. If you like to see sword fighting and heads getting severed, this could be your new show.

Someone earlier in the thread said this, but Black Sails is Game of Thrones set in the Bahamas and at sea. It's that good. The scenery is breathtaking, and the plot development and acting is superb. It was on Starz (series completed this year), but I watched using streaming with my Roku - 1 month free trial for Starz content.

Assassin
I love 'Last Kingdom'. Really interesting to see the difference between it and 'Vikings'.

Assassin
Black Sails was great. Until the end when the writing dropped off the cliff.

Some of the most beautiful scenes and cinematography that you've ever seen in a TV series.
NoBSU
Mr. Goodbear said:

So you like bare beasts and fighting. Let me think... phubar, anything come to mind?
NoBSU
NoBSU said:

Mr. Goodbear said:

So you like bare beasts and fighting. Let me think... phubar, anything come to mind?

Banshee
Ghostrider
hustlenflow said:

Mr. Goodbear said:

The Last Kingdom on Netflix is really good. I'm about half way through the second season - there are only 2. It's about the Dane's invasion of England way back when. Lots of good action and interesting characters. If you like to see sword fighting and heads getting severed, this could be your new show.

Someone earlier in the thread said this, but Black Sails is Game of Thrones set in the Bahamas and at sea. It's that good. The scenery is breathtaking, and the plot development and acting is superb. It was on Starz (series completed this year), but I watched using streaming with my Roku - 1 month free trial for Starz content.

The Last Kingdom is very good. I think a new season will come out eventually? Thought I read that.
greggor25
American Horror Story: Cult. I've been watching every season since Freak Show season.
NoBSU
NoBSU said:

NoBSU said:

Mr. Goodbear said:

Banshee

Vikings. But not a whole lot of topless scenes.
Ghostrider
NoBSU said:

Mr. Goodbear said:

Of course
Ghostrider
NoBSU said:

NoBSU said:

NoBSU said:

Mr. Goodbear said:

Banshee

Vikings. But not a whole lot of topless scenes.

Already saw it
Ghostrider
greggor25 said:

American Horror Story: Cult. I've been watching every season since Freak Show season.

Like the 1st season and since then Inhabe not been a fan.
Assassin
If you like car shows, Iron Resurection - Joe Martins place outside of Austin fixing up old beaters. Really good metal work and paint. Shorty is a magician.

Also, Diesel Brothers. They put diesel engines in just about anything. From massive trucks (one with 6 wheel steering) to El Caminos to Army reclaims.
Assassin
"Startup" with The Hobbit's "Bilbo Baggins" Martin Freeman. Second season adds Ron Perlman. On "Crackle" network.

Follows techie with a new, better Bitcoin idea that gets ripped off by Russian mob. Set in and around Miami. Add in young banker, Haitian gang leader and a crooked FBI Financial Crimes Agent Phil Rask, who is on Andy's trail.

So far, so good although there are a few pretty big unexplained holes in the story/theory.
Roy Rogers
My wife has got me watching "Outlander". I didn't think I'd like it at first but I'm enjoying it.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
bum
Roy Rogers said:

My wife has got me watching "Outlander". I didn't think I'd like it at first but I'm enjoying it.
skip the season 1 finale. Trust me on this one.
NoBSU
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Tin Star - not exactly what you would expect...

Brit ex-pat alcoholic sherriff moves to the colonies Oil company moves into town, sparks fly, folks die
A group of rookie hitmen come after the sheriff (Tim Roth) but accidentally shoot his 3-4ish yoa son and injure his wife. His daughter and wife both tell him to go after the bad guys and kill them. He makes himself a target to lure the hitmen to him

If anyone got the reason for "Whitey" name, pass it on. Something about him being the only white guy in ... but I couldnt make out what they said. Sounded kinda like Harlem but it would have to be in the UK so that doesnt work.

Finally got to the episode that tied in the whys and whos. Won't spoil it for you but the previous episodes make sense now.

I am four episodes in currently. I usually stop on a show when they kill a kid or the main character continously falls destructive off the wagon. My wife calls it my "Rescue Me" rule as to why I quit watching that show. I like Roth enough to give this another episode to progress. He knows what the problem is and needs to go after it.
BaylorProud77
Outlander
How To Commit Murder
BaylorProud77
Mr. Goodbear said:

Just could not get into that.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Brit ex-pat alcoholic sherriff moves to the colonies Oil company moves into town, sparks fly, folks die
A group of rookie hitmen come after the sheriff (Tim Roth) but accidentally shoot his 3-4ish yoa son and injure his wife. His daughter and wife both tell him to go after the bad guys and kill them. He makes himself a target to lure the hitmen to him

If anyone got the reason for "Whitey" name, pass it on. Something about him being the only white guy in ... but I couldnt make out what they said. Sounded kinda like Harlem but it would have to be in the UK so that doesnt work.

Finally got to the episode that tied in the whys and whos. Won't spoil it for you but the previous episodes make sense now.

I am four episodes in currently. I usually stop on a show when they kill a kid or the main character continously falls destructive off the wagon. My wife calls it my "Rescue Me" rule as to why I quit watching that show. I like Roth enough to give this another episode to progress. He knows what the problem is and needs to go after it.
It gets REAALLLY weird.

Then weirder.

And there is a purpose for.and reason why he falls off the wagon. I think its the 6th or 7th episode. Wont give it away

Also, the name Whitey is explained. Another part of the giveaway I wont go for
greggor25
I'm also watching Blindspot and Scandal. I've heard good things about Stranger Things.
Assassin
The Deuce is kinda cool. James Franco plays twin brothers in NYC. I was up there visiting when they ran the pilot - worked on it a day as a 'cab driver'.
GolemII
Expanse. It's on Netflix.
deemus
greggor25 said:

I'm also watching Blindspot and Scandal. I've heard good things about Stranger Things.
Big fan of Blindspot.
4th and Inches
GolemII said:

Expanse. It's on Netflix.
i am waiting on season 3...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
RegentCoverup
Man in the High Castle

Halt and Catch Fire.

need to catch up on The Americans.
NoBSU
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

It gets REAALLLY weird.

Then weirder.

And there is a purpose for.and reason why he falls off the wagon. I think its the 6th or 7th episode. Wont give it away

Also, the name Whitey is explained. Another part of the giveaway I wont go for

Finished. It was just like Northern Exposure.
Assassin
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Halt and Catch Fire.

Did not expect the Gordon event this past weekend.

Its kinda lost its luster in the third season. Kept watching as I was invested. Wish they had stayed more in the early years. for and old IT guy, it does reflect some of the events somewhat accurately.

hearing that old modem connect sound brought back a lot of memories
Assassin
The Good Doctor - about a young surgeon with autism. So far it looks pretty interesting. He goes for his first gig at a large metro hospital. Trials and tribs of someone with autism
NoBSU
Assassin said:

The Good Doctor - about a young surgeon with autism. So far it looks pretty interesting. He goes for his first gig at a large metro hospital. Trials and tribs of someone with autism
Perpetuating the myth that autistic kids are savants. Sorry, personal thing of a parent of an autistic child.

Watched it last week. It was interesting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.