What TV series are you currently watching?

246,784 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
NoBSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had a crazy day yesterday and only watched the first third of E01 of Jack Ryan. I hope to do better tomorrow afternoon. Football today.
4th and Inches
Dont know if it has been mentioned but we just got done watching season 1 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon... will watch season 2

Almost finished Goliath season 2

Will be starting Jack Ryan after I finish Goliath
NoBSU
I just finished "Jack Ryan." They took some liberties with plot, but I liked it. Fifth actor to play this role, so it needed to be updated.

Really liked Goliath1 and Goliath2 was entertaining.

"Mrs. Maisel" was great.

Try Amazon's "The Patriot" if you haven't. Very dark espionage comedy.
Assassin
jkust finished S2 of Ozark. Another good one...
deemus
Watched Texas Rising this weekend.
NoBSU
deemus said:

I watched a few episodes. Made me sad that Bill Paxson died. Not bad.

History buffs, is the writing fairly accurate?
deemus
Not completely, but fairly. It's a drama so there were creative licenses taken.

But Paxton was really good. And Ray Liota? Wow.
bularry
Jack Ryan gets thumbs up from our house
Keyser Soze
About half way on Ryan, good stuff

..... side note, I upgraded the 4K last Xmas, this show is 4K looks stunning (not enough 4K content fwiw) The snow covered French Alps were incredible
Assassin
bularry said:

pretty good stuff so far
forza orsi
Assassin said:

bularry said:

pretty good stuff so far
Finally finished the Americans this weekend. Really, really good final season. The first couple of seasons were outstanding, then it slowed a little, but the final season was really, really suspenseful. One of my favorite all time series.
Assassin
Mayans... cool
elioelio
i'm currently watching How to get away with murder
NoBSU
elioelio said:

That show ran my wife and I off quickly. It had the potential to be a very good drama.
Malbec
Assassin said:

just finished S2 of Ozark. Another good one...
Likewise.
deemus
Where is Yellowstone airing?

boognish_bear
deemus said:

Where is Yellowstone airing?

Paramount Network
JusHappy2BeHere
Shameless returns on Sunday.... the final season with Fiona Gallagher
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
deemus
bularry said:

Watched half an episode this morning. Looks really good.
Illinois Bear2
Really like Snowfall
Assassin
Illinois Bear2 said:

Really like Snowfall
its kinda intriguing.
4th and Inches
NoBSU said:

elioelio said:

That show ran my wife and I off quickly. It had the potential to be a very good drama.
we dropped it after season 2... it started well enough but we didnt stick with it
NoBSU
Gruvin said:

NoBSU said:

elioelio said:

we dropped it after season 2... it started well enough but we didnt stick with it
It seemed to me that it wanted to blaze trails for network prime-time rather than show a really well written drama.
YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

deemus said:

I watched a few episodes. Made me sad that Bill Paxson died. Not bad.

History buffs, is the writing fairly accurate?

Fairly accurate, but the setting for the show definitely is not.
Assassin
Do you have any really strange shows that you keep watching even they are so silly and cheesily written that you have no idea why you watched them once the hour was over?

Suits is mine. First year was kinda fun. Then it started going off the rails
forza orsi
Assassin said:

bularry said:

pretty good stuff so far
We're through the first 4 episodes of Jack Ryan. Very intense, but very good. I'm still used to Harrison Ford/Alec Baldwin as Ryan, and it's hard to get used to John Krasinski. He's not putting Dwight's stapler in jello, but he still seems to have just a little bit of irreverent trouble maker in him, just without the jokes.
NoBSU
forza orsi said:

Assassin said:

bularry said:

pretty good stuff so far
We're through the first 4 episodes of Jack Ryan. Very intense, but very good. I'm still used to Harrison Ford/Alec Baldwin as Ryan, and it's hard to get used to John Krasinski. He's not putting Dwight's stapler in jello, but he still seems to have just a little bit of irreverent trouble maker in him, just without the jokes.
Chris Pine and Ben Affleck too. One of those roles like James Bond. You can have your favorite but don't get tied to one particular actor.

I think they tweaked this to fit his personality. They modernized the young Jack Ryan character and did it well.
4th and Inches
Assassin said:

Do you have any really strange shows that you keep watching even they are so silly and cheesily written that you have no idea why you watched them once the hour was over?

the hook of Mike and Harvey got me watching but Donna keeps me watching... this season has been odd with no Racheal or Mike but is still good enough to keep me interested.
cms186
Assassin said:

I like to stick a TV show up on Netflix when im in bed to help me sleep, has to be a comedy (dont want to get hyped up or get Nightmares or anything ) usually rotates between Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Big Bang Theory and Brooklyn 99
I'm the English Guy
Assassin
Gruvin said:

Assassin said:

the hook of Mike and Harvey got me watching but Donna keeps me watching... this season has been odd with no Racheal or Mike but is still good enough to keep me interested.
Donna is a hottie.

Now Katherine Heigl... wowzaa!!
NoBSU
cms186 said:

Assassin said:

I like to stick a TV show up on Netflix when im in bed to help me sleep, has to be a comedy (dont want to get hyped up or get Nightmares or anything ) usually rotates between Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Big Bang Theory and Brooklyn 99
My wife's goto sleep series is Forensic Files. I guess she likes the monotone voice. Magnum PI for me.

Best napping movies for me:
1. Undercover Blues
2. Grosse Pointe Blank
3. Moneyball
4. Austin Powers International Man of Mystery
5. Trouble with the Curve
6. Lord of the Rings Return of the King
7. Hot Tub Time Machine
8. Sabrina (Harrison Ford version)
(Hard to explain the next two)
9. Eraser (puts me out fast but the dock scene gets loud)
10. Long Kiss Goodnight
deemus
Long Kiss Goidnight. Geena Davis at her hotTest.
Keyser Soze
deemus said:

Movie Trivia

At that time, LKG was the most money ever paid for a script by a studio. I was written by one of the collaborators of the Lethal Weapon series

Keyser Soze
Nappin movies are those TBS / FX / TNT flicks that make the never ending rotation

Shawshank
LOTR
Star Wars
Endless Michael Bay Productions
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

deemus said:

Movie Trivia

At that time, LKG was the most money ever paid for a script by a studio. I was written by one of the collaborators of the Lethal Weapon series

Wow, $4 million. Saw on wiki that it was sold for Davis to star and Harlin to direct. I like the trivia on the history of scripts and stars attched.

I looked that up and more on Shane Black. According to wiki:

"Once Warner Bros. requested a Lethal Weapon sequel, Black wrote the first draft of Lethal Weapon 2 with the help of novelist Warren Murphy. Although it was not used, Black said in later interviews that Warner Bros. did not like his original script for Lethal Weapon 2, which was also titled Play Dirty, because of how dark and violent it was and due to his decision to kill off main character Martin Riggs in the ending of the script. Nevertheless, other people thought that his script was brilliant, and he himself considers it to be his best work and the best script he has ever written."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.