What TV series are you currently watching?

243,947 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by TenBears
NoBSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

"Frontier" is pretty cool. Season 2 ending coming up in a couple of days. Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) stars
I like the premise but don't have access.
NoBSU
Pilot season at Amazon. I like the way they let fans vot on what shows to greenlight.

I watched Sea Oak with Glenn Close. It will get a vote from me. Very real characters for where I live. Then the twist... The pilot was too short but has lots of good.

None of the others jump out at me.

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/tv/news/amazon-glenn-close-comedy-pilots-november-10-premiere-1202596317/amp/
Private Pyle
I enjoyed the Law and Order: Melendez Brothers. I didn't realize all the crap those boys went through with abusive parents. Also, didn't realize the lawyer was so against the defense.
Assassin
"Punisher" Season 1 was just released. Hopefully its better than some of the more recent Marvel shows.
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Keyser Soze
Liked S1 of Daredevil but that is it.
deemus
Just binged the final season of Longmire. Hate to see that one go, but I liked how they brought closure to lots of issues / characters.
Assassin
Assassin said:

"Punisher" Season 1 was just released. Hopefully its better than some of the more recent Marvel shows.
Most of its okay although it does get pretty preachey. Already mentioned Guantanamo torture, waterboarding, Afghanistan CIA torture...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
"Godless" - kinda like a TV series version of "Unforgiven" - on Netflix

Absolutely breathtaking scenery. Mostly New Mexico from what I've read.

Great cast - Scoot McNairy from Halt and Catch Fire, Jack O'Connell from Unbroken, Thomas Brodie-Sangster from Maze Runner, Sam Waterston and Jeff Daniels from about everything.

Got a feeling that its gonna get preachy soon enough - on episode 4 now.

Basically a silver town loses 85 men when its mine blows up. Leaves a town full of women to run it. Michelle Dockery from Downtown Abbey is the burr under the saddle.
Private Pyle
Anyone see Bloodline? Worth watching?
Private Pyle
NoBSU said:

Nope. I have Amazon but no Netflix.

Can you watch Amazon using AppleTV? Never figured out how.
bobo
Stan against evil
Everything is racist
NoBSU
Private Pyle said:

NoBSU said:

Fiji and Gala are the only apple that I own.
Assassin
Private Pyle said:

Havent seen it. When checking on it - sounds a little like "Dallas" set in the Florida Keys (I love that place!)

Add - it was canceled.
NoBSU
Assassin said:

Private Pyle said:

Havent seen it. When checking on it - sounds a little like "Dallas" set in the Florida Keys (I love that place!)

Add - it was canceled.
So was Banshee, but that is worth the binge.

Amish High School Girls in Trouble
Ludwig von Missi
Private Pyle said:

NoBSU said:

Watch season 1 for sure. Season 2 is alright. Season 3 blows.
Private Pyle
Watched 2 episodes of Bloodline and I am pulling the plug. Ok episodes, but better stuff to spend time watching.
Private Pyle
Moving on to Ozarks.
HillCountryRanchingBEAR
Frontier season 2 is up
Assassin
Assassin said:

"Peaky Blinders" - A Irish gangster family in 1919 Birmingham, England, Cillian Murphy stars - on Netflix. Really good so far. Just finishing season 1
Season 4 just started. The Blinders go back to Small Heath as the NY Italian Mafia Black Hand appears.

Some really cool guest starts in this series. Tom Hardy in S2 and S3 and now Adrian Brody in S4
Assassin
HillCountryRanchingBEAR said:

Frontier season 2 is up
Really solid S2. Not quite sure how Declan Harp keeps coming out alive...
Private Pyle
This gay crap on Ozarks ruins the show.
greggor25
The Good Doctor is a really good show.
Keyser Soze
greggor25 said:

About the only new show I watch
Assassin
greggor25 said:

Its really interesting. After working with tons of Autistic/Asperger for so many years, its kinda cool to see a show that hilites the struggles they and other special needs to through.

With that said, his character appears to learn and move forward. Didnt find that the dozens of folks that I worked with over the years had that capability. They seemed to me to become slightly more jaded - or sedate.
jstins
Assassin said:

greggor25 said:

Its really interesting. After working with tons of Autistic/Asperger for so many years, its kinda cool to see a show that hilites the struggles they and other special needs to through.

With that said, his character appears to learn and move forward. Didnt find that the dozens of folks that I worked with over the years had that capability. They seemed to me to become slightly more jaded - or sedate.
My wife is an autism expert and she has come across people like Shaun before. She gets frustrated because he is very coachable and if the other doctors would give him a script, he would follow it. Jerry on Boston Legal was also a very good portrayal of Asperger's. If you've seen one person with autism, you've seen one person with autism.
Private Pyle
I picture milli like that
Assassin
Private Pyle said:

I picture milli like that
ouch.
Coke Bear
Assassin said:

I just finished the Season 1 Monday night. I really enjoyed it. It was 13 episodes long. I think they could have eliminated some stuff; however, it did make for a more colorful story.
Assassin
Coke Bear said:

Assassin said:

I just finished the Season 1 Monday night. I really enjoyed it. It was 13 episodes long. I think they could have eliminated some stuff; however, it did make for a more colorful story.
Finished it last night too. Wasnt bad - although I do get tired of hearing how bad Americans are. Marvel has been running with that theme for a while
JasonPhillips
Been hearing really good things about Godless. I'm going to start it soon.
ABC BEAR
I'm a little behind on my TV viewing and am trying to catch up via reruns. Still waiting to find out who shot JR.
jstins
ABC BEAR said:

I'm a little behind on my TV viewing and am trying to catch up via reruns. Still waiting to find out who shot JR.
First time or second time?
NoBSU
Partway thru Season 1, episode 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. Freaking hilarious.
VaeBear
Vikings season 5 episodes 1 and 2 tonight
NoBSU
VaeBear said:

Vikings season 5 episodes 1 and 2 tonight
I am saving this for the holidays when I am at the in-laws. I need to catch-up on most of Vikings season 4. In the mood for comedies, so Mrs. Maisel and maybe check out some other comedies that recently dropped.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.