What TV series are you currently watching?

247,458 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Gold Tron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone watching/watched Killing Eve?
Assassin
Gold Tron said:

Anyone watching/watched Killing Eve?
A few episodes when it started but it didnt make me want to watch more
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin said:

I never saw Veronica Mars when it came out so I am about half way through. Kirsten Bell is cute as a button. What a neat little series

saw the movie last year so I will need to go back and re-watch

And now I hear that they are just wrapping production on a new season of 8 series for Hulu. set about 5 years after the flick and darker. Coming out later this year I think
Finished the last episode of the TV series. Boy, did they leave that one hanging.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
The Son. Not a bad series. The South Texas look is about right.

Not sure that I buy them driving from the Valley to Austin every few days back in the early 1900s. The roads must have been horrible, not much in the way of gas stations plus breakdowns - livery stables were the garages of the early days.

The Comanche were pretty accurate from what I have read and active in the Texas panhandle (where it said Eli was with them) but the Tonkawa were a little further south and east mostly in the Central Texas area (they were the tribe with smallpox in S1)

The Lipan Apache could have attacked the ranch in South Texas where Elis wife was murdered although most of them would have drivin to either New Mexico or join the Comanches.
lrwells50
Assassin said:

Not sure that I buy them driving from the Valley to Austin every few days back in the early 1900s. The roads must have been horrible, not much in the way of gas stations plus breakdowns - livery stables were the garages of the early days.

The Comanche were pretty accurate from what I have read and active in the Texas panhandle (where it said Eli was with them) but the Tonkawa were a little further south and east mostly in the Central Texas area (they were the tribe with smallpox in S1)

The Lipan Apache could have attacked the ranch in South Texas where Elis wife was murdered although most of them would have drivin to either New Mexico or join the Comanches.
I don't buy them driving to Austin every few days either. The Good Roads Movement didn't really get going until after WW!, and everything before then was pretty much a dirt track.
Wichitabear
Ok. So smart. I started watching The Son but somehow got loss with time. So......
deemus
I'm pretty much a Netflix / HULU / Prime guy, no cable. So its pretty rare for me to buy a show. But I liked S1 of The Son so much I bought S2 on VUDU.

Interesting seeing the young girl as old woman, and still defending Eli. And the time lapse with Eli is really entertaining. Thought it interesting the generational gay sons thing. Eli had one, Pete had one, and the old lady has one.

Ditto on the travel thing. Can hardly wait to see how Maria fits into S2.

I am all in on this show.
YoakDaddy
Assassin said:

So far so good on The Son. Too bad it's the final season.

I've found it to be pretty accurate except for Pierce Brosnan's accent at times. It's not set in the RGV....more like just south of Laredo. To me it's kinda like setting up Dallas the TV soap.
Assassin
YoakDaddy said:

Assassin said:

I've found it to be pretty accurate except for Pierce Brosnan's accent at times. It's not set in the RGV....more like just south of Laredo. To me it's kinda like setting up Dallas the TV soap.
too bad there wont be a S3
Wichitabear
Anybody watch Designated Survivor???
deemus
I may need to turn in my man card over this, but I've been watching Hart of Dixie with my wife and daughter. And I like it.
Assassin
Young Sheldon is still pretty funny. Not sure that but they will only get one more season out of the youngster playing Sheldon before he is too big unless they follow him to college
Assassin
The Fix was decent. Marcia Clark produced series. Feels like there should have been a white Bronco in there somewhere though. It was a one season project
Assassin
Patricia Arquette had two juicy roles, Dee Dee Blanchard in The Act. She forces her young daughter to pretend to have all sorts of medical issues so they can live off other folks and Tilly Mitchell in Escape at Dannemora, about a big prison escape at Clinton Correctional back in 2015..

Wichitabear
I liked that
saabing bear
Dead to Me. Plot twist every 5 minutes.
Assassin
deemus said:

I'm pretty much a Netflix / HULU / Prime guy, no cable. So its pretty rare for me to buy a show. But I liked S1 of The Son so much I bought S2 on VUDU.

Interesting seeing the young girl as old woman, and still defending Eli. And the time lapse with Eli is really entertaining. Thought it interesting the generational gay sons thing. Eli had one, Pete had one, and the old lady has one.

Ditto on the travel thing. Can hardly wait to see how Maria fits into S2.

I am all in on this show.

who was the gal that Eli went off the have sex with (as the older Eli) while he was in Austin or San Antonio? Haven't quite linked her yet
deemus
Was that an Indian lady?

Not sure.
Assassin
deemus said:

Was that an Indian lady?

Not sure.
She had a bit of accent so I wasnt sure if that was Dirty Hair or one of the Indians
Assassin
there it is, the lady was Dirty Hair, the German prisoner of the Apache
Assassin
There's a new Swamp Thing TV series, the pilot wasnt horrible
Assassin
Good Omens, on Prime. Feels very Monty Pythonish. A good angel and a bad angel are on earth waiting since the dawn of time for Armegeddon. David Tennant (Dr Who) is the demon angel and Micheal Sheen (Aro in Twilight) is the good angel.

Also Micheal McKean, Frances McDormand and a host of others are in it
WILLIS
Just posted on the Chernobyl thread but definitely recommend the mini series on hbo.
Wichitabear
Just finished watching it
4th and Inches
Finished season 2 of the rain. Not as good as the first season but still good.

Just finisshd watching Hannah, not bad but they essentially drew the movie out into 6-7 episodes of the 8 episode season. Last 2 episodes added new stuff beyond the movie and there were things that are different so the storyline can continue...
Mr Tulip
Assassin said:

Good Omens, on Prime. Feels very Monty Pythonish. A good angel and a bad angel are on earth waiting since the dawn of time for Armegeddon. David Tennant (Dr Who) is the demon angel and Micheal Sheen (Aro in Twilight) is the good angel.

Also Micheal McKean, Frances McDormand and a host of others are in it

I'm sure you know the huge reason for that. This is a book co-written by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett in the 80's. Terry Pratchett is the author of the "Discworld" series about a flat disc-shaped planet riding on the back of four elephants standing on the back of a giant space turtle (it's turtles all the way down, young man!). People describe is at the fantasy version of Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide". Not entirely accurate, but they have a point.

Gaiman writes fantasy and several Dr, Who episodes.

Pratchett died in 2015. One of his last requests (actually in letter delivered posthumously to Gaiman) was that Good Omens be made in a visual medium.

They're both extremely silly people, and the miniseries has a very authentic vibe. The novel wasn't long enough to sustain 6 hours of television, so some back story was padded out. Since Gaiman was one of the original authors, the material is accurate and seamless. I'm a huge fan of the book, and enjoyed the extras. I suppose it could lead to pacing problems for a viewer not enthralled with the novel, though.
deemus
Gruvin said:

Finished season 2 of the rain. Not as good as the first season but still good.

Just finisshd watching Hannah, not bad but they essentially drew the movie out into 6-7 episodes of the 8 episode season. Last 2 episodes added new stuff beyond the movie and there were things that are different so the storyline can continue...
Saw Rain S2 was out, but have not seen it yet. I thought 1 was really good. Even my wife enjoyed that and she's like Mikey.

Watched two episodes of Hannah. Agree on your assessment that its basically the movie. The new girl is more believable than the blond movie girl. I guess just that she could do that stuff considering her size.
historian
They still have TV shows?

I have not had cable TV (or anything like it) for most of this century and given the amount of garbage on TV I usually don't miss it. However, I do have Netflix & Amazon Prime so I have watched some things there. I did watch The Crown and found it pretty good (except the R rated or worse parts). Strangely, I also have been watching Stranger Things and I'm looking forward to the new season next month.
Assassin
YoakDaddy said:

Assassin said:

Not sure why they had to make the gay thing as part of it, but they did.

On the positive side, Eli's latest lawyer is an old friend of mine, Kevin Page. We did a "Dallas" episode back in the 70s and then I ended being his stand-in on the Dallas reboot.

Kevin is known for two things, he was the fella at Robocop headquarters that was wasted by Robocop Version 1... and he played Bum in the Dallas reboot, he was the guy that shot JR. When they found out Larry was dying from cancer off screen, they figured out a way for him to get the 'last laugh" as part of the story line. Kevin shot him and planted the gun
YoakDaddy
Assassin said:

YoakDaddy said:

Assassin said:

Not sure why they had to make the gay thing as part of it, but they did.

On the positive side, Eli's latest lawyer is an old friend of mine, Kevin Page. We did a "Dallas" episode back in the 70s and then I ended being his stand-in on the Dallas reboot.

Kevin is known for two things, he was the fella at Robocop headquarters that was wasted by Robocop Version 1... and he played Bum in the Dallas reboot, he was the guy that shot JR. When they found out Larry was dying from cancer off screen, they figured out a way for him to get the 'last laugh" as part of the story line. Kevin shot him and planted the gun

Yeah I guess the gat thing is a PC hat tip these days. Unnecessary IMO.

Cool story on the Dallas item!
Wichitabear
That was so cool about the Dallas story. You have had an interesting life that's for sure
historian
Victoria on PBS is pretty good.
Wichitabear
That's what I watch. I love it!
Wichitabear
Well the bachelorette chose Luke for one of the final roses tonight. Stupid girl
4th and Inches
Wife just started watching Outlander series, pretty interesting so far
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.