What TV series are you currently watching?

246,825 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Private Pyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Done with season 1 of Ozarks. Give it a 3 out of 5. Starting The Punisher.
Assassin
jstins said:

ABC BEAR said:

I'm a little behind on my TV viewing and am trying to catch up via reruns. Still waiting to find out who shot JR.
First time or second time?
It was Kinney!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Private Pyle
Anyone seen this show called Seinfeld? Heard it was suppose to be good.
Assassin
VaeBear said:

Vikings season 5 episodes 1 and 2 tonight
thought for sure that losing Ragnar would drop this show off the cliff...

Not so quick!

Ivar the Boneless is already moving into the ultra bad boy area - unlike Ragnar, not sure there will be any redeeming qualities. Pouring hot, molten liquid down a priest's throat will not make you a lot of fans

Bringing in Jonathan RhysMyers (Henry VIII of The Tudors) was a masterful stroke. Plays a warrior "Bishop Heahmund" which was not uncommon at the time after Christians were being butchered by the thousands. Based on a real guy although a lot of poetic license taken.

Lagertha is still one hot babe.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
You know I'm still watching "Gold Rush" - still fascinating to see gold come out of the ground, who will be the first guy to punch Parker in the nose, what fool would give Todd Hoffman a single penny...
Private Pyle
Assassin said:

VaeBear said:

Vikings season 5 episodes 1 and 2 tonight
thought for sure that losing Ragnar would drop this show off the cliff...

Not so quick!

Ivar the Boneless is already moving into the ultra bad boy area - unlike Ragnar, not sure there will be any redeeming qualities. Pouring hot, molten liquid down a priest's throat will not make you a lot of fans

Bringing in Jonathan RhysMyers (Henry VIII of The Tudors) was a masterful stroke. Plays a warrior "Bishop Heahmund" which was not uncommon at the time after Christians were being butchered by the thousands. Based on a real guy although a lot of poetic license taken.

Lagertha is still one hot babe.

Yep so far so good
Griz
I was notified that as of today, amazon video is available on appletv. I haven't checked it yet.
Private Pyle
Griz said:

I was notified that as of today, amazon video is available on appletv. I haven't checked it yet.

Watching Bosch now. So happy
Keyser Soze
Check out Man in the high castle if you have not gone through Amazon yet
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

Yep. That one first. Bosch, The Patriot, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel are my next three favorites of their original series.
Private Pyle
Thanks,,,,so glad I got more binge shows. After reading almost every Bosch book, the books are better and I like Bosch in the book a bit better, but still pretty good.
NoBSU
Private Pyle said:

Thanks,,,,so glad I got more binge shows. After reading almost every Bosch book, the books are better and I like Bosch in the book a bit better, but still pretty good.
Except for John Grisham, the novels are always better. Grisham can't finish a story well. I enjoy Connelly. The books are deeper with more soul. The series has had to modernize. Gulf War vet not Vietnam. Bosch in the books was no spring chicken in the first novel. So, they have condensed it a little and moved a little to quickly at times in the series in giving him background. It doesn't match the books but pulls some major cases for the plot. Plenty of new story lines. I would say the series starts later Hollywood division. Big change on the Hong Kong ending in the books.

Dick is a great writer. The Man in the High Castle series is quality stuff that I think holds up as they adapt that to series TV. They have a very good cast IMO. The other two I mentioned are very funny. Mrs. Maisel has some language but nothing that bothered me. Very funny historical fiction of a Jewish female becoming a comic in 1960s NYC. It isn't a Joan Rivers piece but steals from her timeline. The Patriot is quirky. My college-age daughter and I are quirky people and love it. My wife not so much. A covert US intelligence agent pretty messed up by past torture he received. Give it at least three episodes.
NoBSU
Just started "Jean-Claude Van Johnson" on Amazon Prime. Two episodes in and it is freaking hilarious.

I had seen the listing and thought blah. Then I saw the commercial where he is Jean-Claude Van Damme when acting and Jean-Claude Van Johnson when working as a secret agent. JC in Bulgaria using a Huck Finn movie as cover for a mission. Tom Sawyer is a hot blonde and he and Huck (JC) are an item while trying to save "N word Jim" hooked me in.
deemus
Making a second run through Godless. Catching lots of stuff I missed the first time.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Keyser Soze said:

Yep. That one first. Bosch, The Patriot, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel are my next three favorites of their original series.
havent seen any of those. I'll check'em out
NoBSU
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Keyser Soze said:

havent seen any of those. I'll check'em out
Take a look at Jean-Claude Van Johnson as well. It is only 6 episodes.

By the way, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel landed two Golden Globe nominations. Best actress (TV comedy) was one.
Private Pyle
I love the Bosch books, but couldn't get into the show.
Assassin
"Happy" on SyFy channel. Chris Meloni - hookers, drugs, cops, kids, Santa(s), pole dancers and a little blue unicorn

Happy! is based on New York Times best-selling author Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson's graphic novel of the same name. The series follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni, Law & Order: SVU) an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named Happy (Patton Oswalt).
MarbleFallsBear
Tudors
Assassin
MarbleFallsBear said:

Tudors
excellent series. Rhys-Myers is a really good actor
BaylorProud77
I love this!
bobo
Rick and morty
Keyser Soze
Just finished "Dark" on Netflix-

Good, strange & hard to follow. Twin Peaks like with time travel
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

I'll check it out.

BTW - going back to the first Supernatural shows. Forgot all the folks in it. Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights, Orville) is the girlfriend that gets torched. Dad is Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Neegan from Walking Dead). Dallasite Steve Railsback who it kinda feels like hes been in everything, Callum Keith Renni (Man in the High Castle, Californication, Longmire) , another Dallasite Amy Acker (Angel, The Gifted)

And of course there's another Dallas kid LV Berkner grad Jensen Ackles, the costar.
Stranger
Vikings, since the beginning and they'll be on in ten minutes so I've gotta go.
NoBSU
Assassin said:

Keyser Soze said:

I'll check it out.

BTW - going back to the first Supernatural shows. Forgot all the folks in it. Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights, Orville) is the girlfriend that gets torched. Dad is Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Neegan from Walking Dead). Dallasite Steve Railsback who it kinda feels like hes been in everything, Callum Keith Renni (Man in the High Castle, Californication, Longmire) , another Dallasite Amy Acker (Angel, The Gifted)

And of course there's another Dallas kid LV Berkner grad Jensen Ackles, the costar.

Isn't Berkner Richardson? JJ Pearce had a lot of Dallas addresses.
bobo
Just watched ne x files. Meh
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Keyser Soze said:

I'll check it out.

Isn't Berkner Richardson? JJ Pearce had a lot of Dallas addresses.
kinda like the Cowboys are in Dallas.
BellCountyBear
Love Narcos! Outstanding writing!
Assassin
BellCountyBear said:

No kidding. Almost wish the whole season wouldnt come out on the same day so you could savor each episode a bit more. It will be interesting to see where they go S4

Show was almost cut - not for lack of viewership but their location scout was shot dead in his car while scouting shooting locations.

However they are shooting now:
Quote:

Narcos will hit the reset button once again, with a new drug cartel and possibly a new team of DAE agents.

Javier Pena put the four Cali godfathers behind bars in the season three finale, but while doing so uncovered the true depths of Colombia's corruption.

He learned that the Calis had effectively bought the Colombian government, having funnelled money into President Ernesto Samper's campaign a fact which the US Ambassador and the CIA both knew.

When asked if he would go to Mexico to continue the war on drugs, Pena resigned and returned home to Texas.

In the final scenes, Pena stood with his father and watched a boat full of smugglers bring cocaine into the US.
Keyser Soze
Assassin said:

BellCountyBear said:

No kidding. Almost wish the whole season wouldnt come out on the same day so you could savor each episode a bit more. It will be interesting to see where they go S4

Show was almost cut - not for lack of viewership but their location scout was shot dead in his car while scouting shooting locations.

Quote:

Narcos will hit the reset button once again, with a new drug cartel and possibly a new team of DAE agents.

Javier Pena put the four Cali godfathers behind bars in the season three finale, but while doing so uncovered the true depths of Colombia's corruption.

He learned that the Calis had effectively bought the Colombian government, having funnelled money into President Ernesto Samper's campaign a fact which the US Ambassador and the CIA both knew.

When asked if he would go to Mexico to continue the war on drugs, Pena resigned and returned home to Texas.

In the final scenes, Pena stood with his father and watched a boat full of smugglers bring cocaine into the US.

He was killed in Mexico. Don't know if just location or if S4 will move on to Mexican cartels. There was a Cali to Mexico connection in S3

Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Assassin said:

BellCountyBear said:

Quote:

He was killed in Mexico. Don't know if just location or if S4 will move on to Mexican cartels. There was a Cali to Mexico connection in S3
they are shooting now in Mexico City from the reports I've seen.
CHP Bear
JasonPhillips said:

Most recently wrapped up Last Chance U and Stranger Things. Peaky Blinders and Narcos are up next for me.

Just finished Peaky Blinders. Takes the first three episodes to put the narrative together. After that really good series. Narcos and El Chapo (2nd season now out) both excellent.
4th and Inches
Just finished the second season of travelers... interested to see where it goes from here
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
NoBSU
Weekend binge opportunity.

Amazon making The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel free this week-end in honor of its 2 golden globe wins. Extremely funny show. They deserved the wins.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/marvelous-mrs-maisel-amazon-free-1202661619/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.