What TV series are you currently watching?

247,489 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SSadler said:

I started Ozark last night (based on a comment above that it was similar to Breaking Bad).

So far so good.
I loved it
Flaming Moderate
Wichitabear said:

SSadler said:

I started Ozark last night (based on a comment above that it was similar to Breaking Bad).

So far so good.
I loved it
I really liked the first season, but I thought two and three were big drop-offs. I get in every series there is some suspension of disbelief, but just too much in Ozark. I could not find a single sympathetic character - the only character I liked was the FBI agent in season three.
Wichitabear
Flaming Moderate said:

Wichitabear said:

SSadler said:

So far so good.
I loved it
I really liked the first season, but I thought two and three were big drop-offs. I get in every series there is some suspension of disbelief, but just too much in Ozark. I could not find a single sympathetic character - the only character I liked was the FBI agent in season three.
lolol
SSadler
I"m in Season 1, Episode 6. Does the male lead (Bateman's) face EVER change. Flirting, gawking, with kids, with wife, conning, committing a crime, being somewhat sympathetic--it's the same straight face.

Well played. But except for the first episode when he thought he was about to be shot, same straight face.

And though I am just starting, when I saw the local bumpkin and the FBI guy hook up with a passionate kiss, knowing this was set in near Arkansas, on a lake, country people, a little voice in my mind kept hearing, "He's sure got a pretty mouth, don't he!"

(only the oldtimers might remember that line)
Assassin
The Boys, Season Two
Assassin
Just watching the first couple of seasons of Walking Dead. Reminded me of how bad they need a lead today for the good guys
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Just watching the first couple of seasons of Walking Dead. Reminded me of how bad they need a lead today for the good guys
This is the new one?
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

This is the new one?
Watching the older ones to get a feel for the season finale.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Finale airs Sunday, October 4 at 9/8c.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Finale airs Sunday, October 4 at 9/8c.
Thank you
Assassin
'Raised by Wolves' - Ridley Scott project. 1st 3 episodes out today, very cool.

SciFi - two androids try to raise children on an inhospitable planet
william
another friday night w/ lou and crew.....

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
TenBears
Sure wish the following would come back

Peaky blinders
Narcos
Taboo
Vikings
Assassin
notbubbleboy said:

Sure wish the following would come back

Peaky blinders
Narcos
Taboo
Vikings
Vikings will be back in a couple of months, Part 2 of Season Six

Peaky Blinders season 6 to be released until mid-to-late 2021.
SSadler
I've about exhausted everything on Netflix that I find interesting.

Have been fascinated with the Documentaries on rise and fall of Mafia.

Probably about to drop Netflix and head to Amazon TV.
Assassin
SSadler said:

I've about exhausted everything on Netflix that I find interesting.

Have been fascinated with the Documentaries on rise and fall of Mafia.

Probably about to drop Netflix and head to Amazon TV.
watching S3 of El Chapo right now. That was a bad dude!
Assassin
No Altered Carbon Season 3. I think the scenario where the lead would jump in a new body every year kinda screwed with viewer interest and investment in the charachters
Assassin
Animal Kingdom will be back for a Season 5. Somehow they are gonna work a dead Ellen Barkin into the script. Zombie Animal Kingdom?
Assassin
Bosch will be back for S7. Excellent LA detective series
Assassin
The fourth and final season of Netflix's hit drama Ozark will begin production this fall, according to series star and executive producer Jason Bateman. The upcoming 14-episode season will be split into two 7-episode parts
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

No Altered Carbon Season 3. I think the scenario where the lead would jump in a new body every year kinda screwed with viewer interest and investment in the charachters
never heard of it
4th and Inches
Assassin said:

interesting... that was actually one of Dr Whos strongest selling points years ago... they could refresh the show with new characters
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

The fourth and final season of Netflix's hit drama Ozark will begin production this fall, according to series star and executive producer Jason Bateman. The upcoming 14-episode season will be split into two 7-episode parts
I love Ozark!
Assassin
Gruvin said:

Assassin said:

interesting... that was actually one of Dr Whos strongest selling points years ago... they could refresh the show with new characters
but not each year. They had the same Dr Who for a decade or more at a time
Assassin
Assassin said:

Gruvin said:

Assassin said:

but not each year. They had the same Dr Who for a decade or more at a time
btw - that was not the original intent. the franchise owners were trying to figure out how to keep their bucks coming in
Assassin
Filthy Rich - doc on Jeffrey Epstein. Interviews with a lot of the girls he did numbers on. He was a pretty sick puppy
Assassin
Walking Dead Season #742- Michone's last season but Maggie comes back. ...
Assassin
Assassin said:

Walking Dead Season #742- Michone's last season but Maggie comes back. ...
Assassin
The Walking Dead is to finish in 2022 with an extended 24-episode season, US TV network AMC has said.
Assassin
In 2023, Angela Kang will return to helm a fourth #TWD series starring Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride.
SoTexBear
M.A.S.H. - almost done with Season 1
c/o 1993
Proud husband to another Bear and dad to a current Bear and future Bear!
Assassin
Fargo Season 4 is up. it's set in 1950 Kansas City.

Fargo season 4 stars Chris Rock (taking a turn toward the dramatic) as Loy Cannon, a crime boss who leads a syndicate made up of black migrants fleeing the Jim Crow South. They clash with Kansas City's Italian mafia, headed by Josto Fadda (Jason Schwartzman).
Assassin
The Mandalorian kicks off October 30!

TechDawgMc
SoTexBear said:

M.A.S.H. - almost done with Season 1

That season really has a different feel. They don't show it as much as the later ones. Thanks to my older brother, I actually remember watching it the first time it aired.
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

Fargo Season 4 is up. it's set in 1950 Kansas City.

Fargo season 4 stars Chris Rock (taking a turn toward the dramatic) as Loy Cannon, a crime boss who leads a syndicate made up of black migrants fleeing the Jim Crow South. They clash with Kansas City's Italian mafia, headed by Josto Fadda (Jason Schwartzman).

Well clearly I'm not keeping up. I thought Fargo was set in, well, Fargo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.