What TV series are you currently watching?

247,378 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
YoakDaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keyser Soze said:

WW II In Color is interesting (Netflix)

Not much new to learn but seeing some of that footage colorized is cool - amazing tech than can do that

Highly agree. That's a great series. Don't know about you, but I enjoy those kinds of old WW2 film documentaries filmed in the late 60s and into the 70s with those veterans.
Keyser Soze
Several are good - don't remember the exact name but something like Nazi Mega Wepons is interesting as well too.

Hob Howelll
hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

The Last Kingdom - Season 3. If you like Vikings, you will probably like Kingdom

Yeah, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons for sure. Will need to add this to the queue.

I finished watching it this last weekend. It's solid, but the ending is very rushed and doesn't resolve some important plot points
Assassin
The Hound said:

hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

The Last Kingdom - Season 3. If you like Vikings, you will probably like Kingdom

Yeah, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons for sure. Will need to add this to the queue.

I finished watching it this last weekend. It's solid, but the ending is very rushed and doesn't resolve some important plot points
Season 4 you mean? ;^)
Hob Howelll
Assassin said:

The Hound said:

hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

Season 4 you mean? ;^)

It hasn't been confirmed they will do another one
Assassin
The Hound said:

Assassin said:

The Hound said:

hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

Season 4 you mean? ;^)

https://tvshowscancelled.com/the-last-kingdom-renewed-for-season-4-by-netflix/
4th and Inches
Travelers season 3 drops Dec 14th
Hob Howelll
Assassin said:

The Hound said:

Assassin said:

The Hound said:

hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

Season 4 you mean? ;^)

Aha I stand corrected! Good news as a lot of characters have unresolved stories
Assassin
The Hound said:

Assassin said:

The Hound said:

Assassin said:

The Hound said:

hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

Season 4 you mean? ;^)

Aha I stand corrected! Good news as a lot of characters have unresolved stories
i'm with you!
Assassin
BellCountyBear said:

I'm two episodes into "Frontier" and I think I'm hooked. Anyone watch it all the way through already?
Really like the show but watching Mamoa move is like watching me doing ballet. He lumbers. Not a natural athlete. The ending of Season 2 shows him running toward the edge of a cliff. Its tedious.
RegentCoverup
YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

Not much new to learn but seeing some of that footage colorized is cool - amazing tech than can do that

Highly agree. That's a great series. Don't know about you, but I enjoy those kinds of old WW2 film documentaries filmed in the late 60s and into the 70s with those veterans.
The gold standard of those documentaries is The World at War which was produced by Thames television. It's sold in a set of DVD's and is like 22 hours long.

But incredible, and well worth it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_at_War
YoakDaddy
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

YoakDaddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

The gold standard of those documentaries is The World at War which was produced by Thames television. It's sold in a set of DVD's and is like 22 hours long.

But incredible, and well worth it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_at_War

That's the one I was thinking of! Thanks!
RegentCoverup
There are a few episodes on Youtube, but it's a damn long list of interviews/episodes. Almost have to schedule it ...
STxBear81
Just started Mad Men. Finished season 1. Haven't finished Breaking Bad yet.
Assassin
New SyFy series Nightflyer. Well made visuals, but the story is about a decade too late. You've seen it before. Folks get stuck in outer space on a ship with a bad somethinganother on board
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Lost in Space or Alien?
YoakDaddy
Wichitabear said:

Lost in Space or Alien?

The Lost in Space series on Netflix was pretty good IMO.
4th and Inches
YoakDaddy said:

Wichitabear said:

Lost in Space or Alien?

supposed to get a season 2...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
The fabulous Mrs Maizel season 2 just dropped to Amazon
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Lost in Space or Alien?
Nowhere close to either
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
YoakDaddy said:

Wichitabear said:

Lost in Space or Alien?

agreed.
Wichitabear
Loved Mad Men
YoakDaddy
Gruvin said:

YoakDaddy said:

Wichitabear said:

Lost in Space or Alien?

supposed to get a season 2...

Good to hear that. In the last 2 years, IMO Netflix has beaten the pants off the major networks as far as good series. Was not happy to hear they cancelled Daredevil though.
Keyser Soze

Kinda of a milestone in viewership

I an currently for the first time not watching any major network (CBS, ABC, NBC, or Fox) show.

With the departure of Rick and just kinda tired of TWD, I am also not watching anything but fully on demand TV. GOT final season may be an exception.

Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Kinda of a milestone in viewership

I an currently for the first time not watching any major network (CBS, ABC, NBC, or Fox) show.

With the departure of Rick and just kinda tired of TWD, I am also not watching anything but fully on demand TV. GOT final season may be an exception.

TWD has really been sliding for a while. Neegan vs Rick was a highlite.

Also, the Jesus thing last episode (a character - I wont give it away) changed a story line I thought they were developing as a protagonist.
STxBear81
I really like it also. Looking forward to watching each season. Draper is a classic. Can't wait to see how his character evolves
Assassin
finally watched Marvelous Mrs Maziel.

absolutely hilarious.

The Pilot was off the charts. Hope it doesnt slow down
YoakDaddy
Finally watching The Man in the High Castle. Outstanding!
Keyser Soze
YoakDaddy said:

As a fellow WW2 doc watcher I would have assumed you ate that cream puff long ago - I loved it, but I am a sucker for anything with those goose stepping Nazis as the bad guys
forza orsi
Assassin said:

absolutely hilarious.

It's good. We're about halfway through season 2. Really well written. Several interesting subplots too.
4th and Inches
forza orsi said:

Assassin said:

absolutely hilarious.

It's good. We're about halfway through season 2. Really well written. Several interesting subplots too.
already finished season two, can't wait for season three.

–Horace

YoakDaddy
Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

As a fellow WW2 doc watcher I would have assumed you ate that cream puff long ago - I loved it, but I am a sucker for anything with those goose stepping Nazis as the bad guys

I've just been too stingy to pay for Prime Video. Now that I've got Prine, I'm finally getting to watch it!

Alternative history is quite creative. Newt Gingrich wrote an alternative history book on the Pearl Harbor attack that I thought was quite good.
Assassin
I worked on the Stephen King mini-series 11-22-63. Parts of it were quite good but they decided to edit out an episode.

alternative history - what would have happened if JFK had not been assassinated. To his credit, King did not sugarcoat. Cold war escalation, nuclear war, no civil rights, etc.

The fella that goes back in time, goes back again and again, always the worse for wear with even worse results.

Apparently this would have been Kings first novel - prior to "Carrie" but he didnt have the writing chops at the time. But the concept stuck with him

You can watch it on Hulu
Keyser Soze

This has never been made into a movie, but it is cool sci-fi alternative history. Aliens invade Earth with conquest in mind - the twist is their culture which is very old never changes, so when they scouted Earth the bow and arrow was the best weapon, they arrive centuries later at the peak of WW2.

Written by a history professor, lots of real WW2 characters and information in the books. Kinda cool.

Same author (Turtledove) also did an alternative history "Guns of the South" in which the Army of Northern Virginia (Lee) was armed with AK-47s

Keyser Soze
Looks interesting

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.