What TV series are you currently watching?

247,286 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Feel The Floyd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The newest season of Black Mirror on Netflix. It is like the Twilight Zone but technology is always the source of the twist.
NoBSU
Binge watching Killjoys.
deemus
NoBSU said:

Weekend binge opportunity.

Amazon making The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel free this week-end in honor of its 2 golden globe wins. Extremely funny show. They deserved the wins.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/marvelous-mrs-maisel-amazon-free-1202661619/

I didn't make it through the first episode. Most of the way, just didn't care for it.

NoBSU
deemus said:

NoBSU said:

Amazon making The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel free this week-end in honor of its 2 golden globe wins. Extremely funny show. They deserved the wins.

I didn't make it through the first episode. Most of the way, just didn't care for it.

If you made it through her meltdown/stand-up routine, then you saw enough to know where it is going. Some won't like that it is a period piece. I didn't like Mad Men much mainly for that reason and it was boring. I thought The Wire was predictable and stereotypical. The docks plot was excruciating. But I liked Bunny and his zone.
deemus
It was a bit boring to me. Maybe I checked out too soon.
NoBSU
deemus said:

It was a bit boring to me. Maybe I checked out too soon.
Mrs. Maisel is written as a compilation of early female stand-up like Joan Rivers/Phyllis Diller that did bits about her their life. When she starts doing stand-up, it is really funny. But the period Jewish family in New York is a little Neil Simon like, so I get the boring parts. She drops her top if that helps.
Bear8084
NoBSU said:

deemus said:

NoBSU said:

If you made it through her meltdown/stand-up routine, then you saw enough to know where it is going. Some won't like that it is a period piece. I didn't like Mad Men much mainly for that reason and it was boring. I thought The Wire was predictable and stereotypical. The docks plot was excruciating. But I liked Bunny and his zone.

Mad Men and The Wire are some of the best TV shows ever made. I was never bored with Mad Men and The Wire (agreed season 2 was not as good as later seasons, especially the steller season 4) I couldn't get enough of. Another good series was "Treme'" that takes place in post-Katrina New Orleans and has a lot of The Wire in it.

Recently I have been watching The Punisher, which is pretty good, Ash vs. The Evil Dead, Maron, and Big Mouth.
BellCountyBear
Assassin said:

BellCountyBear said:

Love Narcos! Outstanding writing!
No kidding. Almost wish the whole season wouldnt come out on the same day so you could savor each episode a bit more. It will be interesting to see where they go S4

Show was almost cut - not for lack of viewership but their location scout was shot dead in his car while scouting shooting locations.

However they are shooting now:
Quote:

Narcos will hit the reset button once again, with a new drug cartel and possibly a new team of DAE agents.

Javier Pena put the four Cali godfathers behind bars in the season three finale, but while doing so uncovered the true depths of Colombia's corruption.

He learned that the Calis had effectively bought the Colombian government, having funnelled money into President Ernesto Samper's campaign a fact which the US Ambassador and the CIA both knew.

When asked if he would go to Mexico to continue the war on drugs, Pena resigned and returned home to Texas.

In the final scenes, Pena stood with his father and watched a boat full of smugglers bring cocaine into the US.

Just started season 3 last night. It's not as good without Agent Murphy. I wonder if they'll bring him back at some point?
NoBSU
I am Amazon Prime not Netflix. My brother-in-law has been talking up The Punisher. Here good things.

I predicted about 80% of the end of The Wire. It was more sad than dramatic to me. I expected it.
Bear8084
NoBSU said:

I am Amazon Prime not Netflix. My brother-in-law has been talking up The Punisher. Here good things.

I predicted about 80% of the end of The Wire. It was more sad than dramatic to me. I expected it.

Treme' should still be on Amazon if that topic interests you. It can get a little political (Katrina) but I really enjoyed it.
Assassin
BellCountyBear said:

Assassin said:

Quote:

In the final scenes, Pena stood with his father and watched a boat full of smugglers bring cocaine into the US.

Just started season 3 last night. It's not as good without Agent Murphy. I wonder if they'll bring him back at some point?
They're kinda following the true to life historical timeline. Not exactly, but pretty much. Murphy returned to the US in 1994 and worked for the DEA domestically until he retired in 2013.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Keyser Soze
The ending of the wire was greatness - but yes sad
greggor25
I just got done with Stranger Things season 1. I was expecting something along the lines the Twilight Zone. Really good show!

What other shows on Netflix would you recommend?
Keyser Soze
greggor25 said:

I just got done with Stranger Things season 1. I was expecting something along the lines the Twilight Zone. Really good show!

Narcos - very good / very violent

Black Mirror - dark updated twilight zone

The Crown - wife's favorite

Bear8084
greggor25 said:

The Punisher

Occupied (Norwegian show about a future Russian invasion for oil, in Norwegian but really good!)

GLOW

Orange is the New Black (Not for everyone, but really good.)

Ozark

Narcos

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Black Mirror
Keyser Soze
Second Occupied & Ozark

Feel The Floyd
greggor25 said:

Black Mirror (darker version of twilight zone)

Luther (gritty British detective show)

Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes)
Assassin
greggor25 said:

whats interesting is how many of us are adults here - and we pretty much all like Stranger Things which was pretty much a kids show.

The way I see it, if I get an hour of the day that makes me laugh, enjoy it or be more than marginally interested, it's a good thing
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
JusHappy2BeHere
Binge Watched 5 seasons of RWBY with my son while home for a snow day
deemus
greggor25 said:

Longmire

Godless

Hell on Wheels

NoBSU
deemus said:

greggor25 said:

Longmire

Godless

Hell on Wheels

Binge watched season 5 of Longmire this last weekend.
Keyser Soze
Just started Electric Dreams on Prime

Sort of like Black Mirror - director / creator is the guy who did Minority Report and the remake of Blade Runner
transmit5by9
Binge watched Ozark during the ice storm from hell and really liked it. Highly recommended.
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

Sort of like Black Mirror - director / creator is the guy who did Minority Report and the remake of Blade Runner
Isn't the source for Blade runner and this series the Dick book? Amazon did a great job with Dick's Man in the High Castle. That is next on my list when I get through a slammed two weeks at work.
Keyser Soze
NoBSU said:

Keyser Soze said:

Isn't the source for Blade runner and this series the Dick book? Amazon did a great job with Dick's Man in the High Castle. That is next on my list when I get through a slammed two weeks at work.
Yes - I believe so
BaylorProud77
I love Masterpiece Theater. Queen Victoria and just about anything they show. yes well, I'm female. ha
JusHappy2BeHere
The Crown
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
Shameless
Outlander
Homeland
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
The Handmaid's Tale
Game of Thrones
Top Chef
Big Little Lies
Orange is the New Black
The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
This Is Us
Big Bang Theory
Sherlock
Dr. Who
RWBY
Chicago Fire
BaylorProud77
JusHappy2BeHere said:

The Crown
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
Shameless
Outlander
Homeland
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
The Handmaid's Tale
Game of Thrones
Top Chef
Big Little Lies
Orange is the New Black
The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
This Is Us
Big Bang Theory
Sherlock
Dr. Who
RWBY
Chicago Fire
Forgot , Outlander, Grey's Anatomy, and Game of Thrones (can't wait for its return)
JusHappy2BeHere
BaylorProud77 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

The Crown
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
Shameless
Outlander
Homeland
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
The Handmaid's Tale
Game of Thrones
Top Chef
Big Little Lies
Orange is the New Black
The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
This Is Us
Big Bang Theory
Sherlock
Dr. Who
RWBY
Chicago Fire
Forgot , Outlander, Grey's Anatomy, and Game of Thrones (can't wait for its return)
I think we are mostly watching Grey's out of habit... it's been such a long road we just don't want to quit... Big Bang Theory is moving into that territory as well.
greggor25
The Crown looked boring to me. Is 2nd season of Stranger Things better than first?
NoBSU
JusHappy2BeHere said:

BaylorProud77 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

The Crown
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
Shameless
Outlander
Homeland
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
The Handmaid's Tale
Game of Thrones
Top Chef
Big Little Lies
Orange is the New Black
The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
This Is Us
Big Bang Theory
Sherlock
Dr. Who
RWBY
Chicago Fire
I think we are mostly watching Grey's out of habit... it's been such a long road we just don't want to quit... Big Bang Theory is moving into that territory as well.

Grey's Anatomy? Really?
JusHappy2BeHere
NoBSU said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

BaylorProud77 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

The Crown
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
Shameless
Outlander
Homeland
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
The Handmaid's Tale
Game of Thrones
Top Chef
Big Little Lies
Orange is the New Black
The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
This Is Us
Big Bang Theory
Sherlock
Dr. Who
RWBY
Chicago Fire

Grey's Anatomy? Really?
It's a negotiation... she watches some things like Walking Dead with me so I watch Grey's with her
JusHappy2BeHere
greggor25 said:

The Crown looked boring to me. Is 2nd season of Stranger Things better than first?
We've enjoyed the Crown but we are History Geeks

I liked both seasons of Stranger Things... I don't know if Season 2 was better but it definitely wasn't worse
deemus
Watched The Brave tonight and was pretty good. Spy show.
Anne Heche and mostly people I've not seen before.

It's worth a look. On NBC Monday's, not sure if online.
BaylorProud77
NoBSU said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

BaylorProud77 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

The Crown
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
Shameless
Outlander
Homeland
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
The Handmaid's Tale
Game of Thrones
Top Chef
Big Little Lies
Orange is the New Black
The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
This Is Us
Big Bang Theory
Sherlock
Dr. Who
RWBY
Chicago Fire

Grey's Anatomy? Really?
yes, lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.