What TV series are you currently watching?

247,391 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Knight Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know it's been mentioned, but I'm watching Black Sails on Prime right now. Pirates meet Game of Thrones. Loosely based on time before Treasure Island. Good stuff!
Aliceinbubbleland
CHP Bear said:

Ozark Season 3 - Starts Friday, March 27- Set the timers on your Smart TV - Let the binge begin!
Awesome. Thanks for the reminder
Assassin
Knight Bear said:

I know it's been mentioned, but I'm watching Black Sails on Prime right now. Pirates meet Game of Thrones. Loosely based on time before Treasure Island. Good stuff!
pretty good until the end. Went out with a wimper
CHP Bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

CHP Bear said:

Ozark Season 3 - Starts Friday, March 27- Set the timers on your Smart TV - Let the binge begin!
Awesome. Thanks for the reminder.
Aliceinbubbleland
I believe it is filmed in Georgia, not Missouri. Not sure why as LOO are beautiful. I originally thought it was filmed in Missouri
Cat
I am watching Atypical on Netflix.
4th and Inches
Started 11.22.63 on Hulu
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
CHP Bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I believe it is filmed in Georgia, not Missouri. Not sure why as LOO are beautiful. I originally thought it was filmed in Missouri
Me too.
deemus
Gruvin said:

Started 11.22.63 on Hulu

Really enjoyed that one. Franco was really good.
Wichitabear
A Million Little Things. Finale tonight
TechDawgMc
I have finally gotten started on the Expanse, but have been binging through the first season pretty quickly. I'm also reading the books, just finished book 2 (I'm guessing that's probably at least the first 3-4 seasons if they are following--no way they'll finish book 1 in season 1.)

Overall pretty good hard SF.
quash
TechDawgMc said:

I have finally gotten started on the Expanse, but have been binging through the first season pretty quickly. I'm also reading the books, just finished book 2 (I'm guessing that's probably at least the first 3-4 seasons if they are following--no way they'll finish book 1 in season 1.)

Good to know, thanks.

Last night I re-read "Repent Harlequin! Said the Ticktockman", a Hugo winner from 1965. Not hard SF but excellent writing. In between the first reading and this round I learned about Beat poetry; can definitely see the influence on Ellison's writing.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

actually got better as it progressed
slimecap
Golden Girls on Hulu
Gently unwinds me at the end of the day to drift into sleep
Aliceinbubbleland
slimecap said:

Golden Girls on Hulu
Assuming you're a chick. Otherwise barf.
Wichitabear
The Umbrella Factory. Watched it the last two nights. Very strange.
Assassin
slimecap said:

Golden Girls on Hulu
My grandma loved that show. She loved all the younger women on it...
Assassin
Assassin
syme
"Tiger King" documentary on Netflix. It's quite a ride from start to finish lol.
deemus
Not kid friendly, but Reprisal on HULU is pretty good. DIfferent, sorta weird, but riveting at the same time.
Porteroso
About to finish season 4 of the expanse, and it is unfortunately a big step back from the first 3. The first 3 were amazing, but this fourth seems to lack character development. Hard to care about any of the story arcs. Part of it is the shooting style changed so dramatically.

The first 3 seasons though, are up there with the best series ever made. Maybe season 5 will be an improvement.
Assassin
oops
TechDawgMc
Porteroso said:

About to finish season 4 of the expanse, and it is unfortunately a big step back from the first 3. The first 3 were amazing, but this fourth seems to lack character development. Hard to care about any of the story arcs. Part of it is the shooting style changed so dramatically.

The first 3 seasons though, are up there with the best series ever made. Maybe season 5 will be an improvement.
The dude has written 8 books so far. I'm wondering how long they are planning to run the series. I just finished season one, but we're only about 2/3 of the way through book 1. So it's not even running a book a season. That's going to be a long series--even if they pick up the pace.
Keyser Soze
Game six Mavs Heat - lovin it

4th qtr about to start 8:27 3/30/20
VaeBear
I'm on season 2 episode 20 of Cheers.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

used PFN for this mock:

Javon Kinlaw
DT South Carolina

Jaylon Johnson
CB Utah

Jacob Eason
QB Washington

Brandon Jones
S Texas

James Proche
WR SMU

Nick Harris
C Washington

James Smith-Williams
DE NC State

uh, I know your not drunk so what is this? Lololol
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

4 was first season under new management...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
deemus
syme said:

"Tiger King" documentary on Netflix. It's quite a ride from start to finish lol.
Could not stop watching. Holy crap.
Wichitabear
deemus said:

syme said:

me either. Weird, but amusing
Assassin
deemus said:

syme said:

apparently all sorts of new tips about the gal in Florida that croaked her second husband are coming in now
Assassin
Ozark, still pretty darn good. I didnt expect the ending. Thought that might have happened with Jonah earlier.

S4 should be kick ass

hustlenflow
Knight Bear said:

Very underrated in my opinion, probably because you need s Starz subscription. One of my all time favorites.
Assassin
Thieves of the Wood - based on the life of the 18th-century outlaw leader Jan de Lichte, a native of Aalst in what is now Belgium.

Excellent show. Its a 10 part show, one season. Its in Flemish Dutch so unless you happen to speak it, rely on the subtitles. Still absolutely fascinating.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81054827

Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Thieves of the Wood - based on the life of the 18th-century outlaw leader Jan de Lichte, a native of Aalst in what is now Belgium.

Excellent show. Its a 10 part show, one season. Its in Flemish Dutch so unless you happen to speak it, rely on the subtitles. Still absolutely fascinating.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81054827

30 days free. Pretty cool

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.