What TV series are you currently watching?

246,750 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did he mistype?
Wichitabear
Gotta go to church now and repent
Assassin
that last Fear the Walking Dead may be the worst one of either series.

If you're gonna knock off the leading actress, get some good writers in.

BTW - does anyone buy Alicias total change in character?

Combined with the failure of WDs last season, the franchise has collapsed
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
On the other hand, The Expanse is getting pretty cool.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
NoBSU
Goliath (Season II) drops on Amazon Prime tomorrow.
JusHappy2BeHere
my youngest got me to start watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Netflix..... I'm like 35 episodes in and it's really good, and it gives us something to do together which is cool....

If you think it's just a cartoon, you are selling it short..... If you have a kid into Anime and are having trouble relating to him/her here are some really good suggestions that this old white guy really enjoyed....

RWBY
My Hero Academia
FullMetal Alchemist
91 Days

Your Name
Spirited Away
A Silent Voice
Cowboy Bebop

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
4th and Inches
NoBSU said:

feels like forever! May rewatch season 1 first
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Still havent watched that one. Sometimes Billy Bob's acting (and character I*'m sure) drives me nutz (Bad Santa was horrible). Yet there are other ones where he is off the charts

Will give that one a watch based on what you guys are saying.
Assassin
JusHappy2BeHere said:

my youngest got me to start watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Netflix..... I'm like 35 episodes in and it's really good, and it gives us something to do together which is cool....

If you think it's just a cartoon, you are selling it short..... If you have a kid into Anime and are having trouble relating to him/her here are some really good suggestions that this old white guy really enjoyed....

Not much of an anime guy but I kinda like the Titan series. Kinda goofy fun when there is nothing else on.

I'll give FM Alch a shot.

Cool that youj and your kids can watch it together
4th and Inches
Was on the fence about full metal alch- will give it a look

Just finished the second season of the toys that made us
NoBSU
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Still havent watched that one. Sometimes Billy Bob's acting (and character I*'m sure) drives me nutz (Bad Santa was horrible). Yet there are other ones where he is off the charts

Billy Bob fits the writing on this series perfectly. I am only a couple of episodes in on Season II. Season I is much darker while II is quirky/weird. You can't let Billy Bob get too dark in a role. He has to maintain some likability or the project sucks. They gave the very dark, unlikable character to William Hurt in Season I.

New season and totally new storyline for II. David E. Kelley series so the LA vibe of the series is familiar. But they take off the glitz/platiscity with Thornton. I am trying to compare this to something. Maybe a Fargo season written by Elmore Leonard? Anyway, Fargo is a better series but this is a very entertaining series. I like it better than Handmaiden's Tale. But not a high bar as most not a female 19-43 would agree with that.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Billy Bob fits the writing on this series perfectly. I am only a couple of episodes in on Season II. Season I is much darker while II is quirky/weird. You can't let Billy Bob get too dark in a role. He has to maintain some likability or the project sucks. They gave the very dark, unlikable character to William Hurt in Season I.

New season and totally new storyline for II. David E. Kelley series so the LA vibe of the series is familiar. But they take off the glitz/platiscity with Thornton. I am trying to compare this to something. Maybe a Fargo season written by Elmore Leonard? Anyway, Fargo is a better series but this is a very entertaining series. I like it better than Handmaiden's Tale. But not a high bar as most non-females 19-43 would agree with that.
Got S1-1 on right now. Interesting

Wichitabear
Younger TV Land
*****t$ Creek Net
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Just into S2, ep 3. Looks interesting. Not sure that they can recapture S1s innocence. Did see a familiar face though. I worked with Jimmy Wolk a few years ago when he was on Lone Star.
JusHappy2BeHere
Wichitabear said:

Younger TV Land
*****t$ Creek Net
I've been watching Younger and Teachers since the began.... Younger is better, but there is something about teachers.... I still think it's a better idea than the show they put out but I keep watching.... every week there is something that rings true makes me laugh and brings me back
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Wichitabear
I haven't watched teachers. I will have to check it out.
Assassin
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Wichitabear said:

Younger TV Land
*****t$ Creek Net
I've been watching Younger and Teachers since the began.... Younger is better, but there is something about teachers.... I still think it's a better idea than the show they put out but I keep watching.... every week there is something that rings true makes me laugh and brings me back
not familiar with Younger. what network?
Wichitabear
TV land.
deemus
Had some health issues the last week, so I spent some time on the couch. I started Justified from the beginning, and am almost done with S4. That is some good TV, and there are a number of things that make sense / are precursors to stuff that happens in the final two seasons. I have really enjoyed revisiting the series.
Wichitabear
Hope you are feeling better
deemus
Wichitabear said:

Hope you are feeling better
Thanks, back on top again.
NoBSU
deemus said:

Had some health issues the last week, so I spent some time on the couch. I started Justified from the beginning, and am almost done with S4. That is some good TV, and there are a number of things that make sense / are precursors to stuff that happens in the final two seasons. I have really enjoyed revisiting the series.

My wife and I did that two months ago when she was recovering from a brown recluse bite. Justified had great writing and wonderful actors. When tgat was over, I watched a season of Deadwood.
bularry
Just watched the Staircase. Interesting look at US justice system through one really weird trial/crime
Assassin
NoBSU said:

My wife and I did that two months ago when she was recovering from a brown recluse bite. Justified had great writing and wonderful actors. When tgat was over, I watched a season of Deadwood.
what a great family show. bring the kids in. pop some popcorn. all that stuff
NoBSU
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Don't be loopy.
Keyser Soze
Speaking of Deadwood

People have always seemed to speak highly of it, but is it worth it for only 2 seasons? Are the story line all left hanging?

Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Don't be loopy.
that thumb thing was classic Deadwood.
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Speaking of Deadwood

People have always seemed to speak highly of it, but is it worth it for only 2 seasons? Are the story line all left hanging?

It really could have used a couple of wrapup episodes
NoBSU
Unfortunately I disliked the actress that played the gold mine owner about as much as the actress that played the Breaking Bad wife.

I have liked John Hawkes in everything of his that I have watched just like Timothy Olyphant.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Unfortunately I disliked the actress that played the gold mine owner about as much as the actress that played the Breaking Bad wife.

I have liked John Hawkes in everything of his that I have watched just like Timothy Olyphant.
Molly Parker?

She plays a snake (Goliath) much better than someone you have empathy for
JusHappy2BeHere
What does it say about my state of mind that I'd rather check this thread than the Football or the R&P board

Mahatma Gandhi
beardoc
I think it says more about our football team.
NoBSU
JusHappy2BeHere said:

What does it say about my state of mind that I'd rather check this thread than the Football or the R&P board
I think it says a lot like the fact that I am at season 4 watching South Park from the beginning with my 19 year-old daughter. We do one season a week.
NoBSU
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Molly Parker?

She plays a snake (Goliath) much better than someone you have empathy for
She does a good job in her roles. They remind me of people that I know that I personally don't like. Add the female singer of Sugarland to that list. I didn't say it was rational.
JusHappy2BeHere
NoBSU said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I think it says a lot like the fact that I am at season 4 watching South Park from the beginning with my 19 year-old daughter. We do one season a week.
we never watched South Park until we were siting in bed in our room watching Bigger, Longer, and Uncut on cable and we were laughing so loud our 14 year old daughter came in and we were like you can't watch this!!!!! You aren't old enough!!!!!!!!! she was like when will I be old enough and we were like, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahatma Gandhi

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.