What TV series are you currently watching?

247,211 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been watching some interesting stuff like drain the ocean on Nat Geo
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Wichitabear
Yes, I like that show!
Assassin
S2 on Altered Carbon out now. Going back to watch S1 before I dig into this one. Looks promising

BTW - obvious issue with S1. The fella goes into 'prison' for 250 years, comes out and the tech is pretty much the same. Even with his advanced DNA as Envoy, he wouldnt know all that. The sleeve wouldnt know that. He had to be updated into his stack while in prison, right?

Wichitabear
Sounds like a great explanation to me.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Sounds like a great explanation to me.
You just wanna see Joel Kinnaman in the buff.

Gotta say, if I ever got re-sleeved, that would be the sleeve I would choose. I'm a straight guy and I am jealous!
Wichitabear
Lolol I never ever thought that but now that you mention it......lol
Assassin
'Dispatches from Elsewhwere' - I dont get it. Seems like they grabbed a few cameras and ad libbed. Hopefully it gets better
Assassin
Went back and am watching S1 of Advanced Carbon. That was two years ago, forgot bits and pieces. Its really good
Wichitabear
I'm watching Hack Saw Ridge right now. It is so bloody. I have seen it before but killing time until Baylor comes on. See what I did there. lol
TechDawgMc
Just finished watching S2 of Star Trek: Discovery. It's slow when you have to get the DVDs from Netflix.

Anyway, after two seasons my assessment is that it's not terrible SF, but it's not Star Trek. And I hate all the playing around with time travel. That stuff gives you too much of a magic reset button.

The other concern -- the 6-7 episode arc that was most of the season's story was basically just a larger scale version of Terminator.

It took Next Generation until season three to really hit their stride, but S2 showed more promise than S2 of Discovery did. I'll probably watch S3 when it finally becomes available through Netflix, but no way I'd pay for it.
4th and Inches
Half way thru season 3 of Game of Thrones. Got 1 episode left of current season of Dr Who
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Wichitabear
Game of Thrones is great!
Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

Just finished watching S2 of Star Trek: Discovery. It's slow when you have to get the DVDs from Netflix.

Anyway, after two seasons my assessment is that it's not terrible SF, but it's not Star Trek. And I hate all the playing around with time travel. That stuff gives you too much of a magic reset button.

The other concern -- the 6-7 episode arc that was most of the season's story was basically just a larger scale version of Terminator.

It took Next Generation until season three to really hit their stride, but S2 showed more promise than S2 of Discovery did. I'll probably watch S3 when it finally becomes available through Netflix, but no way I'd pay for it.
Unfortunately too many shows try to force PC views into the mix rather than make the show a hit through writing. Its like we've raised a whole generation of writers who are unable to tell a story without looking at a headline from Huffinington Post to create the story

Makes you wish they would be forced to read Michener or Asimov or Heinlin or even Haas (got you plug in buddy) and learn what solid writing is
deemus
Assassin said:

Unfortunately too many shows try to force PC views into the mix rather than make the show a hit through writing. Its like we've raised a whole generation of writers who are unable to tell a story without looking at a headline from Huffinington Post to create the story

Yep. Watched I'm Not OK With This last night, and in 3 or 4 episodes they turn the teen into a lesbian.

Hap & Leonard (one of my favorite shows), Leonard is gay.

Its weird to me that of all the people I know, around 1-2% are gay. But of the shows I watch, over 80% of them have a gay character.

Assassin
deemus said:

Assassin said:

Yep. Watched I'm Not OK With This last night, and in 3 or 4 episodes they turn the teen into a lesbian.

Hap & Leonard (one of my favorite shows), Leonard is gay.

Its weird to me that of all the people I know, around 1-2% are gay. But of the shows I watch, over 80% of them have a gay character.
Normally I could care less, but like you said, its overwhelming.

Wichitabear
Just watched Yesterday. Not a series but pretty good show. HBO
greggor25
What are some good shows to binge watch? I'm ready for Westworld to start back this weekend.
Aliceinbubbleland
Keep waiting for Better Call Saul to heat up although the courtroom scene that got a mistrial was hilarious.
4th and Inches
Started on Locke & Key yesterday during recommended self quarantine adventure...

–Horace

slimecap
Elementary on Hulu
Assassin
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Keep waiting for Better Call Saul to heat up although the courtroom scene that got a mistrial was hilarious.
took me a season to get used to the fact it wasnt Breaking Bad, but boy oh boy did I finally get hooked. Great to see some of the old 'dead' characters pop up.

AMC Thursday renewed "Breaking Bad" spin-off prequel "Better Call Saul" for a final, 13-episode, sixth season that will air in 2021. With 63 episodes, "Saul," which stars "Bad" alum Bob Odenkirk as the title character, will exceed the Emmy-winning "Bad" total by one.

They hope to write Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul into it at some point

deemus
Been rolling through My Name is Earl. Pretty funny stuff.

To the housekeeper:
"how oftten do they wash these blankets on the beds?"

" Not sure, but I've only been here two years."

Wichitabear
Have started West World. Just watched The Blind Side. Cried and have seen it at least 10 times!
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Have started West World. Just watched The Blind Side. Cried and have seen it at least 10 times!
Just re-watched 3-1 of Westworld. Its almost like they hired a complete new writing staff. Even the characters are more robotic
Wichitabear
I'll let y'a know what I think.
4th and Inches
Wichitabear said:

not sure about west world yet... the special effects where they build the people and horses with 3D printer things is amazing but not sold on it 100% yet

–Horace

Assassin
Succession on HBO.

Cool

Imagine the next generation of 'Dallas', only with worldwide media instead of oil

Bryan Cox is excellent
Wichitabear
Oh yes. I love that show.
quash
"The English Game", good stuff.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
deemus said:

Assassin said:

Meh, 80% of the people I know I have a gay relative or friend.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Assassin
Cool movie - The Officer and the Spy. Its in French so you have to deal with subtitles.

A Jewish officer is accused and convicted of treason on fabricated evidence. He is sent to Devil's Island. One of officers at his courtmartial is promoted to head of a security division where he finds evidence of this.

Takes place in the late 1800's. Essentially the officer in France steps right into the middle of a coverup plot as the story follows his path

Based on a true story
Wichitabear
Guardians of the Galaxy! Music is great!
deemus
Taking another stroll through Justified. My daughter hasn't watched the entire series.
quash
Getting into Stranger Things
CHP Bear
Ozark Season 3 - Starts Friday, March 27- Set the timers on your Smart TV - Let the binge begin!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.