What TV series are you currently watching?

248,800 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Troy; Fall of A City" on BBC One and Netflix

Not bad. kinda sticks more to the Illiad or Eratosthenes writing than more fictionalized version of what was probably a highly fictionalized event to start with.

JusHappy2BeHere
I knew about it when it started back in 2014, but never found time to watch it, and then kind of forgot about it.... Home recovering from surgery, a few weeks ago I found it on Netflix and have been eye guzzling it since

Halt and Catch Fire

I have enjoyed the first 3 seasons and have just begun season 4
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Assassin
JusHappy2BeHere said:

I knew about it when it started back in 2014, but never found time to watch it, and then kind of forgot about it.... Home recovering from surgery, a few weeks ago I found it on Netflix and have been eye guzzling it since

Halt and Catch Fire

The first season and some of the second were decent. It really started to go off the rails in S3 IMO. But I was techie during this period too. I might have looked at it in a different light.

Hope your surgery went okay
JusHappy2BeHere
Assassin said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Halt and Catch Fire

The first season and some of the second were decent. It really started to go off the rails in S3 IMO. But I was techie during this period too. I might have looked at it in a different light.

Thanks.... it's been slow... I'm back to work but not close to 100%

Do a lot of laying around once I make it home. Going though enough Tylenol and Ibuprofen that I should buy stock in them.

By 4th of July I should be back to myself.... I'll leave it to you to decide if that's a good thing or not
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
NoBSU
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Assassin said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Halt and Catch Fire

Thanks.... it's been slow... I'm back to work but not close to 100%

Do a lot of laying around once I make it home. Going though enough Tylenol and Ibuprofen that I should buy stock in them.

By 4th of July I should be back to myself.... I'll leave it to you to decide if that's a good thing or not
LOL. I've considered elective PE surgery as well.
CBallard
Just started watching Billions on Showtime. I am hooked. Really good show....started in 2016 I believe.

Chris
Assassin
CBallard said:

Just started watching Billions on Showtime. I am hooked. Really good show....started in 2016 I believe.

Chris
Great show. Just watched S3, Ep1 last night. So much is cool although the dominatrix doesnt really work in the mix IMO. Other than that, loads of fun
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Keyser Soze

I just got Showtime to get the last few seasons of Homeland.

Finished that and started on Billions. Great so far. I think I may go Ray Donovan after Billions.

JusHappy2BeHere
Keyser Soze said:

Finished that and started on Billions. Great so far. I think I may go Ray Donovan after Billions.

We loved Ray Donovan.

haven't watched any of Billions.... next break I get I may start eye guzzling that.

Mahatma Gandhi
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Ray Donovan was pretty good although that last season was absolutely tedious. It was like they hired some 1950 dime story hearthrob novelists to write it. Rays wife had cancer and they kept doing these flashbacks. Flashforwards. Totally different vibe from first few seasons.

Okay, she's gone. Now lets get back to hardcore Ray Donovan!
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
CBallard
Americans is back. Last season. Great 1st episode.
NoBSU
CBallard said:

I may have to get back into that one. I lost it several seasons ago when they focused on the daughter a few shows. I just stopped watching it.
forza orsi
CBallard said:

One of my favorite series. Glad it's back. Here's a helpful refresher from the NY Times on what you need to remember to be ready for season 6.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/23/watching/the-americans-season-six-refresher.html
CBallard
NoBSU said:

CBallard said:

I may have to get back into that one. I lost it several seasons ago when they focused on the daughter a few shows. I just stopped watching it.

It got a little slow, but it's back to being really good again. Last season. Probably one of the best series on.
JusHappy2BeHere
My son and daughter-in-law introduced us to Brockmire yesterday... we watched the first 4 episodes....

I love Hank Azaria and it's an amazing character.... I'm not sure about the show yet, but will give it at least the rest of season 1 to be sure.

Mahatma Gandhi
Assassin
I thought they would be in Russia for this season given last years ending. Not sure if I buy the daughters transition.
Assassin
Season 2 of Ice started. Cam Giganet is the star. Oldschool diamond family in LA. Donald Sutherland in S1. KIA in the last episode S1
Assassin
"Deception" - not bad, kind of a TV series of the old FX movies.
Assassin
"The Terror" - AMC 'true' series about a couple of British ships stranded in thick ice with winter approaching. Very stiff upper lip with some massive polar bear ripping sailors legs off thrown in to spice things up
trey3216
Trust: The J.Paul Getty story. Pretty awesome first 2 episodes. On FX
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Coke Bear
Money Heist on Netflix.

It's in Spanish, so subtitles are a must for me. It's based in Madrid, Spain. It's about a collection of thieves, crooks, etc. lead by a brilliant mastermind who's moniker is the professor.

Essentially, they are robbing the Royal Mint in Spain.

Very well thought-out plan. Interesting dynamics. I really enjoy this series. The subtitles require me to actively watch, as opposed to me doing other tasks.

I'm most of the way thru Season 1. I understand that Season 2 is in the can and should drop this summer.
Keyser Soze
JusHappy2BeHere said:

My son and daughter-in-law introduced us to Brockmire yesterday... we watched the first 4 episodes....

I love Hank Azaria and it's an amazing character.... I'm not sure about the show yet, but will give it at least the rest of season 1 to be sure.

I thought the serious was good, but I will say the pilot episode that includes the on air melt down may the funnies 30 minuet segment ever
bularry
just finished Collateral on Netflix. BBC co-produced so only 4 episodes. London based so accents on all the actors which makes it tough sometimes to follow, but I enjoyed it.

I think it is relatively new
Keyser Soze
Very interesting - There is a great documentary on the Endurace a British ship that got stuck in Antarctica . It was around 1908 and the is actually film from the exposition. Amazing story
Assassin
Assassin said:

"The Terror" - AMC 'true' series about a couple of British ships stranded in thick ice with winter approaching. Very stiff upper lip with some massive polar bear ripping sailors legs off thrown in to spice things up
a bit more. While somewhat true - the TV series has only bits and pieces to work with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin%27s_lost_expedition

Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Very interesting - There is a great documentary on the Endurace a British ship that got stuck in Antarctica . It was around 1908 and the is actually film from the exposition. Amazing story
Probably looking for play from the AMC series - British ship, ice, cold waters...

The Shackleton expedition is the one you are speaking of. Absolutely fascinating stuff.
Keyser Soze
I am talking of a documentary at least a decade old.

Bear8084
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

a bit more. While somewhat true - the TV series has only bits and pieces to work with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin%27s_lost_expedition

They very recently found both ships, but still not much info about what happened:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/12/hms-terror-wreck-found-arctic-nearly-170-years-northwest-passage-attempt
JasonPhillips
Can't recall if it's been mentioned here, but Imposters on Bravo is good. Season 2 just started last night and S1 is on Netflix. It's kinda cheesy but really funny and suspenseful. Side note, and this should be reason to support the show, but one of my best friends and BU grad, is a writer for the show. Give it a watch!
Keyser Soze
spoiler alert !

Kinda thought that - the Endurance documentary above, the ice crushed the hull of the ship
BearTooth
Just watched the first season of Brockmire.

Language and situations make it adults-only.

It's dark, and really funny.

Season two starts in a couple of weeks.
JusHappy2BeHere
KS and I butt heads all the time elsewhere but I absolutely agree with his assessment of the Brockmeir pilot episode....

arguably the funniest half hour of a TV show in history.

Mahatma Gandhi
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

spoiler alert !

Kinda thought that - the Endurance documentary above, the ice crushed the hull of the ship

Double spoiler alert. Buried deep under the ice, the crew found a large cube with strange writings on the side. They also found a large robot they named NBE1.
Keyser Soze
JusHappy2BeHere said:

KS and I butt heads all the time elsewhere but I absolutely agree with his assessment of the Brockmeir pilot episode....

You are not the first to say that
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

You are not the first to say that
I always saw you as more of a Beavis.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.