What TV series are you currently watching?

248,003 Views | 1751 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TenBears
NoBSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JusHappy2BeHere said:

NoBSU said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

What does it say about my state of mind that I'd rather check this thread than the Football or the R&P board
I think it says a lot like the fact that I am at season 4 watching South Park from the beginning with my 19 year-old daughter. We do one season a week.
we never watched South Park until we were siting in bed in our room watching Bigger, Longer, and Uncut on cable and we were laughing so loud our 14 year old daughter came in and we were like you can't watch this!!!!! You aren't old enough!!!!!!!!! she was like when will I be old enough and we were like, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter just watched the Timmy Lords of the Underworld-Phil Collins-ADD episode. The pink Christina Aguilera monsters were making her laugh so hard.
JusHappy2BeHere
NoBSU said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

NoBSU said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

What does it say about my state of mind that I'd rather check this thread than the Football or the R&P board
I think it says a lot like the fact that I am at season 4 watching South Park from the beginning with my 19 year-old daughter. We do one season a week.
we never watched South Park until we were siting in bed in our room watching Bigger, Longer, and Uncut on cable and we were laughing so loud our 14 year old daughter came in and we were like you can't watch this!!!!! You aren't old enough!!!!!!!!! she was like when will I be old enough and we were like, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter just watched the Timmy Lords of the Underworld-Phil Collins-ADD episode. The pink Christina Aguilera monsters were making her laugh so hard.
for us it was Return of the Fellowship of the Ring of the Two Towers....

Token "I'm out" and Butters "My Precious" for the win.....
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Wichitabear
Yep I like it
4th and Inches
deemus said:

Had some health issues the last week, so I spent some time on the couch. I started Justified from the beginning, and am almost done with S4. That is some good TV, and there are a number of things that make sense / are precursors to stuff that happens in the final two seasons. I have really enjoyed revisiting the series.

justified was a great show
deemus
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

My wife and I did that two months ago when she was recovering from a brown recluse bite. Justified had great writing and wonderful actors. When tgat was over, I watched a season of Deadwood.
what a great family show. bring the kids in. pop some popcorn. all that stuff
Not sure I've ever watched a show that had THAT much cussing in it. Deadwood is off my playlist for sure. When my wife is around.
Assassin
deemus said:

Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

My wife and I did that two months ago when she was recovering from a brown recluse bite. Justified had great writing and wonderful actors. When tgat was over, I watched a season of Deadwood.
Not sure I've ever watched a show that had THAT much cussing in it. Deadwood is off my playlist for sure. When my wife is around.

I remember a story about it, the writers were saying that this language was the norm of the day.

I get the feeling there was a little creativity going on there...
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Goliath S2 really heated up as the season went along.. but talk about fizzling out... what a crappy ending.
NoBSU
Assassin said:

Goliath S2 really heated up as the season went along.. but talk about fizzling out... what a crappy ending.
Been slammed at work and stalled at episode 5.
deemus
Assassin said:

deemus said:

Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

I remember a story about it, the writers were saying that this language was the norm of the day.

I get the feeling there was a little creativity going on there...
Yes. I'm sorry I bought the complete series on DVD. Friends kept telling me how awesome it was and how much I would like it. I liked everything but the constant cussing. Dammit.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Really hoping that its a setup for S3. Amazon has yet to renew but there is no way they can leave this one flapping in the wind...

On the other hand (if you have one) there is Mark Duplass character who got a little payment due... I wont spoil it
NoBSU
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Really hoping that its a setup for S3. Amazon has yet to renew but there is no way they can leave this one flapping in the wind...

On the other hand (if you have one) there is Mark Duplass character who got a little payment due... I wont spoil it
Nope. I do not think it is a setup. It think it is an end to the story line. Yes, the Duplass ending was perfect. I get the season finale (why it ended the way it did). It ended. His last line to her said it all.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Nope. I do not think it is a setup. It think it is an end to the story line. Yes, the Duplass ending was perfect. I get the season finale (why it ended the way it did). It ended. His last line to her said it all.
Its just the whole premise of the show is David taking the stone out of his pouch and dispatching Goliath. Not only did that not happen but as massive as Goliath is, he has disappeared into the ozone.

Now if there is a S3 and they do not address this, it would be nutz. This particular Goliath was one of the more vengeful out there. There is no way he would let any of this slide.

Add that now that so many folks know Marisol is a fraud, all it would take would be a few folks digging into her small town roots. Yet she gets to be Mayor of LA
NoBSU
Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Its just the whole premise of the show is David taking the stone out of his pouch and dispatching Goliath. Not only did that not happen but as massive as Goliath is, he has disappeared into the ozone.

Now if there is a S3 and they do not address this, it would be nutz. This particular Goliath was one of the more vengeful out there. There is no way he would let any of this slide.

Add that now that so many folks know Marisol is a fraud, all it would take would be a few folks digging into her small town roots. Yet she gets to be Mayor of LA
Goliath was the Philistine champion. That suggests that he had won a few battles. Let's say that he had fought 12 and was 11-1. Those other 11 were stories also.

Perhaps she is going to be a continuing storyline.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Goliath was the Philistine champion. That suggests that he had won a few battles. Let's say that he had fought 12 and was 11-1. Those other 11 were stories also.

Perhaps she is going to be a continuing storyline.
yet the premise of this show is about David slaying Goliath, not the other 11 stories.

Just saying - after a pretty decent season, IMO the ending blew. It drives me nutz when writers ignore the formula that got them there just so they can display writing skills.

BTW - still no updates as of today on renewal or cancel. probably waiting for numbers
Mitch Blood Green
I'm gonna start Yellowstone next week.
NoBSU
I tried a couple of episodes of Absentia today. Having a hard time getting into it. I may be bored enough by next week-end to try Americans again.
Assassin
NoBSU said:

I tried a couple of episodes of Absentia today. Having a hard time getting into it. I may be bored enough by next week-end to try Americans again.
The finale of Americans should have ended at the Canadian border with the daughter scene. I dont want to spoil it for you so I wont go into detail. That would have been the perfect summary.
Assassin
Watched Handmaids Tale last night as there was absolutely nothing else on. Nearly went with a Mr Ed marathon but decided to give another chance.

I have no idea who their audience is outside of a few fanatics.

Shoulda gone with Mr Ed
NoBSU
Assassin said:

Watched Handmaids Tale last night as there was absolutely nothing else on. Nearly went with a Mr Ed marathon but decided to give another chance.

Shoulda gone with Mr Ed

19-35 year-old females that had no idea of the book or previous movie. On facebook, I see it as people that I know that think the gameplan of Vice President Pence is to remake the USA into the Handmaiden society. I am not joking.
JusHappy2BeHere
NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Shoulda gone with Mr Ed

19-35 year-old females that had no idea of the book or previous movie. On facebook, I see it as people that I know that think the gameplan of Vice President Pence is to remake the USA into the Handmaiden society. I am not joking.
You know I was about Lynched for making a political post about this show awhile back....

but the tolerance on this site is much higher for the Right....

There are several things that Pence would love about this world.... gays shot or hung on site.... subjugation of women.... He's not there yet, but if he thought he could get away with it and you guys were a majority and in power???? He wouldn't be the one to stand up and stop it...
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Assassin
JusHappy2BeHere said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Shoulda gone with Mr Ed

You know I was about Lynched for making a political post about this show awhile back....

There are several things that Pence would love about this world.... gays shot or hung on site.... subjugation of women.... He's not there yet, but if he thought he could get away with it and you guys were a majority and in power???? He wouldn't be the one to stand up and stop it...
No, Pence has done none of those. Pence has not spoken of any of those.

Yet Muslims are doing right now. Slavery, sexual subjugation, clipping the ****oros of women, killing gays -

Please get your religions right.

JusHappy2BeHere
Assassin said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Shoulda gone with Mr Ed

Yet Muslims are doing right now. Slavery, sexual subjugation, clipping the ****oros of women, killing gays -

again, I don't think he'd have the courage to do those things, but he wouldn't stop them either

Mahatma Gandhi
Assassin
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Assassin said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Shoulda gone with Mr Ed

again, I don't think he'd have the courage to do those things, but he wouldn't stop them either

come on now. Neither of those apply. You know it

Yet you continue to avoid the actual fact that Muslims are butchering folks left and right, making slaves out of both men and women, cutting the ****oros off women, throwing gays off roofs, burning gays alive.
NoBSU
JusHappy2BeHere said:

NoBSU said:

Assassin said:

Shoulda gone with Mr Ed

That is not an idea logical statement by me. On my Facebook the huge Handmaiden's Tale proponent named Cara. She firmly believes what I posted. She has a small group of friends that rave about the series. I know 70% of the ones posting. I glance at their episode reviews. Cara is a dear family friend.

I am an old science fiction reader. Sci fi and dystopia fiction are a big part of what I like to read and watch. I resist the talibaptists just as much as anyone. Having been in a few churches where charismatic people manipulated others for power, I have witnessed more Pence-type deacons who stand fast and eliminate the power hungry. You and my friend Cara have distorted views of evangelical Christians and seem to be very manipulated by the rhetoric. Her blood aunt is my church choir director. A Handmaiden's Tale is fiction from a Canadian not an American posibility. It has a talented actress, mediocre writers, and good timing (similar to the "red scare" movies of the 1950's).
Assassin
I'm getting dragged back into the politics here. I am stepping aside.

Back to the TV/Movie stuff.

Expanse - really fun sci-fi. And pretty well made.

The star is Steven Straight. I worked with him on 'Chase' back in 2010. Really nice guy. Played one of the lead roles in 'Magic City"

This is the final season from SyFy. However it was picked up by Amazon for S4.
Assassin
"I'm Dying Up Here" - dark comedy about 1970s era comedians in LA. Jim Carrey is producer.

Worked around a lot of professional comedians in my days. Most of them were pretty dark off the stage. But the ones that werent were a blast to be around. Still good friends with Kirby St Romain and a few others. Mike Maloney is booking acts in LA. SF and LV. A few others that simply turn if off once they walk off stage. I mean hibernate type. You would never know that they could deliver a single line, much less a monologue

Its an interesting show. Some really amazing delivery and comedy. All types. Several Carlin type deliveries. Shows the life cycle of various fabricated comics.

Worth a look-see.

Not something for the young kids...
NoBSU
Assassin said:

Back to the TV/Movie stuff.

Expanse - really fun sci-fi. And pretty well made.

The star is Steven Straight. I worked with him on 'Chase' back in 2010. Really nice guy. Played one of the lead roles in 'Magic City"

This is the final season from SyFy. However it was picked up by Amazon for S4.
I wasn't trying to be political. You asked who likes A Handmaiden's Tale. I answered that I see younger women who believe that Pence is evil go nuts for it. Women that I know. The original novel reminds me some Shirley Jackson that I have read. They both have that Maine bleakness to it. That doesn't make me think that The Lottery is going to be enacted.
NoBSU
I have seen S1 of The Expanse. It was good enough to keep watching.
NoBSU
Assassin said:

"I'm Dying Up Here" - dark comedy about 1970s era comedians in LA. Jim Carrey is producer.

Worked around a lot of professional comedians in my days. Most of them were pretty dark off the stage. But the ones that werent were a blast to be around. Still good friends with Kirby St Romain and a few others. Mike Maloney is booking acts in LA. SF and LV. A few others that simply turn if off once they walk off stage. I mean hibernate type. You would never know that they could deliver a single line, much less a monologue

Its an interesting show. Some really amazing delivery and comedy. All types. Several Carlin type deliveries. Shows the life cycle of various fabricated comics.

Worth a look-see.

Not something for the young kids...

Is that on Netflix?

I was talking to a friend this weekend that I find Robin Williams movies just sad now. His Late Show appearance personality to me now seems forced and unnatural. Very similar to some of his comedies.

Steve Martin seems real to me. Like he lets a little weird out now and then but is otherwise the same guy. I tend to like guys like Steve Harvey.
forza orsi
Assassin said:

Assassin
forza orsi said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear
Exactly! JustHappy(forgive me) but you sound a little nuts
NoBSU
Wichitabear said:

I personally know normally very sane people who believe Pence wants to lock them in a stall like a veal calf and pour religion down their throats. And they love Handmaiden's Tale.
JusHappy2BeHere
Wichitabear said:

Well I'd say I'm perfectly sane and Pence is a little nuts, but thanks

Mahatma Gandhi
Wichitabear
Lolol still appreciate your posts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.