Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,151 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearackObama said:

xiledinok said:

Oklahoma State setting records against most of Bennett's recruits while Bennett solves the evil Washington coach's offense with someone else's kids. It only happens once in a decade and a half.

Poor Stidham, he is finding out quickly that those guys in the SEC actually coach defense and put speed on defense to match up with jack rabbits. In his defense, his skill players on the outside are flash bulbs. I actually think he struggles because of others.

Leaking information but not with full facts. Like Paul Harvey and omitting the rest of the rest of the story.

Love those stats. Has FAU played a player that will get drafted in the NFL this season? Where can I see those stats on tv? Do I need to go down to the cable or satellite company this Saturday and pull it off their feed. Get all jacked up watching FAU beat up on a former Sooner.
Losers always have an excuse.

If Baylor were 6-0 it definitely wouldn't have anything to do with CAB and Bennett's recruits, right?

Wait, so CAB's recruits would get credit for 6-0 from you but no blame for 0-6? Well, you just revealed what you really root for.
xiIedinok
Welcome back.

Since 2003, recruits that CAB was responsible for never started out 0-6, except for this year. Purely coincidence.

MilliVanilli
BearackObama said:

Welcome back.

Since 2003, recruits that CAB was responsible for never started out 0-6, except for this year. Purely coincidence.

Not sure what you're trying to get at.

This team is very thin in the skill positions from injuries and inexperience.

I didn't see you giving Guy Morriss credit for Nick Florence and Terrance Williams, two of the best players of the dismissed regime's era.

80sBEAR
Thee University said:

80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

BearackObama said:

xiledinok said:

OOklahoma State setting records against most of Bennett's recruits while Bennett solves the evil Washington coach's offense with someone else's kids. It only happens once in a decade and a half.

Poor Stidham, he is finding out quickly that those guys in the SEC actually coach defense and put speed on defense to match up with jack rabbits. In his defense, his skill players on the outside are flash bulbs. I actually think he struggles because of others.

Leaking information but not with full facts. Like Paul Harvey and omitting the rest of the rest of the story.

Love those stats. Has FAU played a player that will get drafted in the NFL this season? Where can I see those stats on tv? Do I need to go down to the cable or satellite company this Saturday and pull it off their feed. Get all jacked up watching FAU beat up on a former Sooner.

If Baylor were 6-0 it definitely wouldn't have anything to do with CAB and Bennett's recruits, right?

Then what is your excuse posting on this site? You ain't no Baylor fan.
Right now, I m not interested in anything Cab or Bennett's. My homie who has big investments in CCA and GEO says he is down for whatever those guys have to offer.
You're killin' me Smalls. You and Thee need to realize, nepotism sucks but INCOMPETENCE is a whole lot worse! Sheeeeesshhhhh!!!!!!
What I realize is that we have a larger contingent of limp-wrists, concave chests and pencil necks on here than I realized possible. No wonder Baylor got her @$$ kicked when you guys were in school. For ________ sake grow a pair and let go of the hem.
Actually, THEE, we did okay. Two Bluebonnet Bowls and a Liberty Bowl where we beat LSU (John Simson was a badass). That big win over #3 USC in Los Angeles in 1985 was pretty cool as well. With all due respect, we weren't exactly chopped liver.

Sure am glad we got that 1981 loss to Lamar monkey off our back as the worst loss in Baylor history.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Thee University
80sBEAR said:

Thee University said:

80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

BearackObama said:

xiledinok said:

OOklahoma State setting records against most of Bennett's recruits while Bennett solves the evil Washington coach's offense with someone else's kids. It only happens once in a decade and a half.

Then what is your excuse posting on this site? You ain't no Baylor fan.
Right now, I m not interested in anything Cab or Bennett's. My homie who has big investments in CCA and GEO says he is down for whatever those guys have to offer.
You're killin' me Smalls. You and Thee need to realize, nepotism sucks but INCOMPETENCE is a whole lot worse! Sheeeeesshhhhh!!!!!!
What I realize is that we have a larger contingent of limp-wrists, concave chests and pencil necks on here than I realized possible. No wonder Baylor got her @$$ kicked when you guys were in school. For ________ sake grow a pair and let go of the hem.
Actually, THEE, we did okay. Two Bluebonnet Bowls and a Liberty Bowl where we beat LSU (John Simson was a badass). That big win over #3 USC in Los Angeles in 1985 was pretty cool as well. With all due respect, we weren't exactly chopped liver.

Sure am glad we got that 1981 loss to Lamar monkey off our back as the worst loss in Baylor history.
Hey Seguin, I was not talking about football players or ex-players. I was referring to the posters here on BF/365. It is obvious we have a large contingent of students who went to school during some lean years.

I've stated numerous times the 1985/1986 teams were just as good if not better than the 79 & 80 team.

I had to sit in the stands and watch the 1981 Lamar debacle. I participated in the San Jose State loss and the Alabama collapse.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
The loss to San Jose was costly. @other team ranked ahead of us also lost that week, We would have been ranked in top 5, maybe 3 if we have won. I have heard it said our LB's inability to cover the flats caused the loss. I was a freshman and snuck out of work to watch the second half. That game was the high water mark for Baylor football until CAB and CPB came along.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
MilliVanilli
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

The loss to San Jose was costly. @other team ranked ahead of us also lost that week, We would have been ranked in top 5, maybe 3 if we have won. I have heard it said our LB's inability to cover the flats caused the loss. I was a freshman and snuck out of work to watch the second half. That game was the high water mark for Baylor football until CAB and CPB came along.
How was it the high watermark? You mean the potential for their season before the upset?

Because Baylor won and participated in some impressive games before and after that for the duration of the Teaff era.
Thee University

I'll take the bait.

This loss was due to coaching. GT admitted it. We were up 15-0 in the first Q and GT started pulling starters to get rested up for the next week Arkansas game. By the time the starters went back in a couple of fluke plays (ball bouncing off our All-American safeties shoulder pads into a streaking Spartan for a TD) later we were down and never recovered. 6 Bear turnovers.

We threw 4 interceptions, lost 2 fumbles and drove to the SJS 6, 22 and 24 only to come away with zero points. Our FG kicker was injured and a sub missed FGs. In the 3rd Q we were in a dogfight and they threw the ball extremely well (they must have seen the Toad game the week before where we gave up 408 yards passing) to some future NFL star named Gerald Wilhite.

We took the Spartans lightly and had an ABC regionally televised Arkansas game (Homecoming) coming up the next week. The undefeated teams that lost that weekend were UCLA, NC and Alabama.

I still think the highwater mark for Baylor was either the 1957 team and their Sugar Bowl win over Johnny Majors' Tennessee team or the 1963 Bluebonnet team which beat LSU 14-7.

The LBs covered the flats well. Most of the yardage was gained between the hashes. Nice try.
RioRata
Thee University said:

I'll take the bait.

This loss was due to coaching. GT admitted it. We were up 15-0 in the first Q and GT started pulling starters to get rested up for the next week Arkansas game. By the time the starters went back in a couple of fluke plays (ball bouncing off our All-American safeties shoulder pads into a streaking Spartan for a TD) later we were down and never recovered. 6 Bear turnovers.

We threw 4 interceptions, lost 2 fumbles and drove to the SJS 6, 22 and 24 only to come away with zero points. Our FG kicker was injured and a sub missed FGs. In the 3rd Q we were in a dogfight and they threw the ball extremely well (they must have seen the Toad game the week before where we gave up 408 yards passing) to some future NFL star named Gerald Wilhite.

We took the Spartans lightly and had an ABC regionally televised Arkansas game (Homecoming) coming up the next week. The undefeated teams that lost that weekend were UCLA, NC and Alabama.

I still think the highwater mark for Baylor was either the 1957 team and their Sugar Bowl win over Johnny Majors' Tennessee team or the 1963 Bluebonnet team which beat LSU 14-7.

The LBs covered the flats well. Most of the yardage was gained between the hashes. Nice try.

IIRC that San Jose team was coached by Jack Elway (John's father) and they ran an early version of the West Coast Offense. They also had a 1st round draft pick at RB.
303Bear
*** happened to this thread?

I thought it was about how our former coaching staff was having far more successful seasons than the Bears, then suddenly it turned into the same tired retread of the "should we have lost to SJSU". Sad.
REX
They have to deflect deflect deflect
80sBEAR
Phil Bennett Update:

Arizona State 16 Utah 0 at the half. Playing at Utah.

This thread is not aging well at all. LOL!!!!
303Bear
80sBEAR said:

Phil Bennett Update:

This thread is not aging well at all. LOL!!!
ASU has given up 78 yards and 6 first downs in the first half (~2 min to half)
80sBEAR
303Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

Phil Bennett Update:

This thread is not aging well at all. LOL!!!
ASU has given up 78 yards and 6 first downs in the first half (~2 min to half)
First scoreless half for Utah since 2011.
303Bear
Utah putting a drive together coming out of the half.

FAU is also up on North Texas, so that is also happening and relevant to this thread I guess.
DAC
FAU D with the pic. Up 14-0
DAC
17-0 now FAU over unt
DAC
FAU 1st in rushing and 2nd in scoring in their conference.
VN 68
Bring back KB and the Aggie.
303Bear
ASU with the pick at the end of the 3rd. D playing very well today. CPB sighting on the sideline, big smile congratulating his players.

Happy for the guy, he was the only coach who looked like he cared at the end last year and was still trying to coach each game. I will always have respect for him for that.
Malbec
FAU 31
UNT 7

7:23 - 2nd
Malbec
FAU 38
UNT 7

3:55 - 2nd
303Bear
ASU pick six with ~ 7 min left.

Given up 161 yards and 3 points so far. Utah came into the game ranked in the mid 40's to low 50's in most offensive categories.
Malbec
FAU 41
UNT 7

Half

FAU scored on every possession of the first half, and was 3 for 3 on fourth down conversions.
DAC
Great thread OP
80sBEAR
I am hopeful Thee maybe got to catch the Arizona State vs. Utah game at George's.
JusHappy2BeHere
So I'm just spit-balling here, but Baylor is going to play Utah in Salt Lake City in a few years....If Snow is still employed as Baylor's DC for that game, would we consider it to be a creditable performance by Snow and his players if they were to...

give up 155 passing
110 rushing
4 Interceptions...1 a pick six
3 of 10 on third down
0 points in the first half
3 through 3 quarters
10 for the game
leading to a 20 point win on the road

Would that be a defensive performance that Snow would get tremendous credit for?

I'm thinking it would.

xiledinok
Arizona State was a snoozer.
Utah was like watching a homeless man beg for money.
Have they let Mean Green move into their new stadium?
80sBEAR
xiledinok said:

Texas vs. Oklahoma State was like an NFL game. Went to overtime and OSU wins in a 13-10 scoring fest!!!

Looks like young Kendal Briles is having a pretty good day. What do you think, my friend?
bobo
Crickets
Everything is racist
JusHappy2BeHere
80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Texas vs. Oklahoma State was like an NFL game. Went to overtime and OSU wins in a 13-10 scoring fest!!!

Looks like young Kendal Briles is having a pretty good day. What do you think, my friend?
It doesn't matter how well they do their jobs, it only matters where one did his undergrad and where he coached before, and who the other ones father is.
BabaYaga
BearackObama said:

Welcome back.

CAB recruits went 0-6 in the second half of the 2016 regular season. Does it matter which six games they lost in a row?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
why would anyone think its fun to hear the coaches our BOR fired are doing so much better than CMR?

Thee, you think its fun?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Malbec
FAU 48
UNT 10

8:23 - 3rd
BabaYaga
This thread is the sad equivalent of looking at an ex-girlfriend's Facebook profile to see what she's up to these days. Pathetic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.