Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,208 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Dman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

Funny you have zero BU facts or records to back up your opinion yet you still opine that just because CAB got us closer than ever before to the promised land it is some how a negative. You are the queen of negativity and the true Debbie Downer of all things which threaten your own personal and team achievements at BU. You truly would rather see mediocre so you can sit on your porch swing and reminisce of the good old days.

I choose to celebrate both...amazing how hard a cheered for you as a player and yet now to see through your posts how petty and vindictive you really are...

I have friends who graduated from other Texas schools who sent their daughters to Baylor. A few years ago 2 of them seperately told me that their daughters had come home stating, "the Baylor football players are out of control" and "I am afraid to be around the football players when off campus".

I deal in FACTS and REALITY.

I deal in facts. And reality. That could have described ANY P5 team if around the wrong players under the wrong circumstances. Sad. BUT REALITY. Those players were in the extreme minority (number of kids...not a comment on race). Like any program. I get tired of the broad brush being applied. The VAST majority of those kids on those teams were standup students. Involved in the community, charities, mission trips, etc. Your narrative is inherently bias to prove your point. It's old. it's the same crap the media used to paint out program different than any other.

I knew kids who went to bible studies with players. Who helped tutor. Who volunteered time with kids. THOSE ARE FACTS. THAT IS REALITY.
Not disputing your comments. I know there are good kids. All teams have them.

However, when a couple of girls come home and tell their parents this and you are seeing taunting, trash talking and other classless actions on the field, you have to be concerned with the direction and the leadership of the program.

Briles either lost it. never enforced anything or at best just enough to keep kids eligible.

As a former player I know EXACTLY what goes on. I've been there. My narrative is FACT based on actual participation and observation!

If you can't acknowledge that a part of Art firing himself was just this then you have zero credibility.

I stand by every word I said. You are an OLD former player who has zero understanding of today's collegiate atmosphere. Taunting? Trash talking? "Classless Actions". Again, you just described a few players on every P5 team. You literally just described the soon to be heisman and half the OU team. The difference, they had leadership that didn't throw away their program because of the actions of Nixon and the crotch grabbing Mayfield.

No. You have ZERO credibility on this matter. Your examples are literally invalid. You're trying to connect dots that don't connect. You're trying to paint the horrible actions of a few individuals across an entire team and when the absurdity of this is pointed out, you now desperately try to defend your position with examples like taunting, and trash talking?

Get out your OLD year book. Re-live the glory years. But then just stop posting. You're making a fool of yourself.
Just because more and more kids are trashing the traditions and sportsmanship of college athletics does not make it right and Baylor, of all schools, has for the most part stood above this fray.

Mayfield is another classless Manziel.

You are an embarrassment to Baylor. I suggest that you start supporting one of these frauds of collegiate athletics and leave Baylor out of the sewer. Why? Because Matt Rhule is here to bring back honor, tradition and class to Baylor University. It can and will be done.

I was here before you and will be here when you leave.

Read slowly and carefully. Got those reading glasses on? It makes reading comprehension easier. I never advocated for taunting. I never advocated for antics. Mayfield is classless idiot. I can't stand him. But his fans, and his teammates love him and he's driving their loyalty. My point this whole time is that you literally identifed these actions of a few, connected them with the horrific action of even fewer, and linked our entire team into this category of thugs and criminals. This is far from the truth. The vast majority of those kids were anything but.

As for "trashing traditions", and Baylor being different. Baylor IS different than when you played. It will evolve and be different when the next generation plays.

You were here before me. Father Time says I'll be here after. Sticking up for the reputation of the vast majority of the players on those teams, who were standup kids, and not painting them with the brush of the individual actions of an extreme minority, is BAYLOR loyal.

And for the record. I have and still do completely support Rhule. He had nothing to do with this mess. But your agenda driven narrative is what the media used to crucify our program and all the players, for the individual actions of just a few. It's false. It needs to stop!. You have no claim or monopoly, real or perceived, on Baylor loyalty.
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

Funny you have zero BU facts or records to back up your opinion yet you still opine that just because CAB got us closer than ever before to the promised land it is some how a negative. You are the queen of negativity and the true Debbie Downer of all things which threaten your own personal and team achievements at BU. You truly would rather see mediocre so you can sit on your porch swing and reminisce of the good old days.

I choose to celebrate both...amazing how hard a cheered for you as a player and yet now to see through your posts how petty and vindictive you really are...

I have friends who graduated from other Texas schools who sent their daughters to Baylor. A few years ago 2 of them seperately told me that their daughters had come home stating, "the Baylor football players are out of control" and "I am afraid to be around the football players when off campus".

I deal in facts. And reality. That could have described ANY P5 team if around the wrong players under the wrong circumstances. Sad. BUT REALITY. Those players were in the extreme minority (number of kids...not a comment on race). Like any program. I get tired of the broad brush being applied. The VAST majority of those kids on those teams were standup students. Involved in the community, charities, mission trips, etc. Your narrative is inherently bias to prove your point. It's old. it's the same crap the media used to paint out program different than any other.

I knew kids who went to bible studies with players. Who helped tutor. Who volunteered time with kids. THOSE ARE FACTS. THAT IS REALITY.

However, when a couple of girls come home and tell their parents this and you are seeing taunting, trash talking and other classless actions on the field, you have to be concerned with the direction and the leadership of the program.

Briles either lost it. never enforced anything or at best just enough to keep kids eligible.

As a former player I know EXACTLY what goes on. I've been there. My narrative is FACT based on actual participation and observation!

If you can't acknowledge that a part of Art firing himself was just this then you have zero credibility.

I stand by every word I said. You are an OLD former player who has zero understanding of today's collegiate atmosphere. Taunting? Trash talking? "Classless Actions". Again, you just described a few players on every P5 team. You literally just described the soon to be heisman and half the OU team. The difference, they had leadership that didn't throw away their program because of the actions of Nixon and the crotch grabbing Mayfield.

No. You have ZERO credibility on this matter. Your examples are literally invalid. You're trying to connect dots that don't connect. You're trying to paint the horrible actions of a few individuals across an entire team and when the absurdity of this is pointed out, you now desperately try to defend your position with examples like taunting, and trash talking?

Get out your OLD year book. Re-live the glory years. But then just stop posting. You're making a fool of yourself.
Just because more and more kids are trashing the traditions and sportsmanship of college athletics does not make it right and Baylor, of all schools, has for the most part stood above this fray.

You are an embarrassment to Baylor. I suggest that you start supporting one of these frauds of collegiate athletics and leave Baylor out of the sewer. Why? Because Matt Rhule is here to bring back honor, tradition and class to Baylor University. It can and will be done.

Read slowly and carefully. Got those reading glasses on? It makes reading comprehension easier. I never advocated for taunting. I never advocated for antics. Mayfield is classless idiot. I can't stand him. But his fans, and his teammates love him and he's driving their loyalty. My point this whole time is that you literally identifed these actions of a few, connected them with the horrific action of even fewer, and linked our entire team into this category of thugs and criminals. This is far from the truth. The vast majority of those kids were anything but.

As for "trashing traditions", and Baylor being different. Baylor IS different than when you played. It will evolve and be different when the next generation plays.

You were here before me. Father Time says I'll be here after. Sticking up for the reputation of the vast majority of the players on those teams, who were standup kids, and not painting them with the brush of the individual actions of an extreme minority, is BAYLOR loyal. Your media driven narrative is not. You have no claim or monopoly, real or perceived, on Baylor loyalty.
Never advocated taunting? Yet here you are taunting a poster.

You may be worse at avoiding taunting than you are ignoring posters you supposedly placed on ignore.
Eball
Poindexter and Urkel...I really thought name calling and trash talking were things you preached against? Happy Thanksgiving Thee(Doak) you always make me smile...
Dman
It's been months since I've read a single post from my stalker troll. He knows he's on ignore. And yet he still seeks my validation as he follows my post. Day after day. Knowing I don't read a single one.

So on this Thanksgiving Day, I'll extend a warm token validation. Still on ignore. But Happy Holidays.

May this next year bring you many blessings. I know of no one who needs them more.
REX
Thee University said:

Eball said:

One other thing Urkel.........................as a former player I was ecstatic at the on-the-field results even though for years I posted about the lack of discipline that would bite us time and time again.

This lack of discipline permeated the Briles program and ultimately tore down everything he built up and what teams before him built. Anything that tears down what I personally helped build up cannot and will not be allowed to automatically be stamped as good just because of the W-L record.

Just curious did you ever inform anyone at BU about the bad dudes or did you let it go unreported?
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

It's been months since I've read a single post from my stalker troll. He knows he's on ignore. And yet he still seeks my validation as he follows my post. Day after day. Knowing I don't read a single one.

So on this Thanksgiving Day, I'll extend a warm token validation. Still on ignore. But Happy Holidays.

May this next year bring you many blessings. I know of no one who needs them more.
Lulz, someone who has literally started threads about and not gone minutes without talking about someone they're "ignoring" is under the delusion they're being stalked instead of mocked.
Thee University
Eball said:

Poindexter and Urkel...I really thought name calling and trash talking were things you preached against? Happy Thanksgiving Thee(Doak) you always make me smile...
I believe people earn their nicknames. Making people smile and laugh is what I am all about.

Spice Girl maybe?
REX
Thee I just realized that your thread will go on for another week after this weekends games and then bowl season since we're tracking KB and Bennets teams. The gift that keeps on giving??
Thee University
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

You were here before me. Father Time says I'll be here after. Sticking up for the reputation of the vast majority of the players on those teams, who were standup kids, and not painting them with the brush of the individual actions of an extreme minority, is BAYLOR loyal.

And for the record. I have and still do completely support Rhule. He had nothing to do with this mess. But your agenda driven narrative is what the media used to crucify our program and all the players, for the individual actions of just a few. It's false. It needs to stop!. You have no claim or monopoly, real or perceived, on Baylor loyalty.
That's the best you can do?

My point that you either miss or fail to acknowledge is that Art Briles could have and should have protected the Baylor name. Instead he trampled on it and did not have a care.

I blame him for not reeling in his problem kids. Yes, all teams have them. GT had them and he kept them under "surveillance" if you will.

I've never painted the entire team with a broad brush. It was glaringly obvious who the problem kids were and the coaches absolutely know who they are.

This is a TEAM and like it or not, one single, solitary player can bring the microscopes in and the entire TEAM gets tarred and feathered. TEAM means they make every attempt at being one. Solid. Together. Brothers. No, you cannot control everyone and you get surprises occasionally but by and large the coaching staff knew who the ticking bombs were. If you have ever been on a TEAM you know exactly what I am talking about.
Thee University
REX said:

Thee I just realized that your thread will go on for another week after this weekends games and then bowl season since we're tracking KB and Bennets teams. The gift that keeps on giving??
This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.

The above was the post that got this started. It has been fun and stimulated good conversations. They both started out normal. And the best part? They are not stealing Baylor $$$.

It served its purpose and it will die out just like the t-shirt fans for ASU and whatever that Florida school briles went to. I seriously cannot remember it.
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

One other thing Urkel.........................as a former player I was ecstatic at the on-the-field results even though for years I posted about the lack of discipline that would bite us time and time again.

This lack of discipline permeated the Briles program and ultimately tore down everything he built up and what teams before him built. Anything that tears down what I personally helped build up cannot and will not be allowed to automatically be stamped as good just because of the W-L record.

Just curious did you ever inform anyone at BU about the bad dudes or did you let it go unreported?
What do you thiink? Which bad dudes were you referring to?
Dman
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

My point that you either miss or fail to acknowledge is that Art Briles could have and should have protected the Baylor name. Instead he trampled on it and did not have a care.

I blame him for not reeling in his problem kids. Yes, all teams have them. GT had them and he kept them under "surveillance" if you will.

I've never painted the entire team with a broad brush. It was glaringly obvious who the problem kids were and the coaches absolutely know who they are.

This is a TEAM and like it or not, one single, solitary player can bring the microscopes in and the entire TEAM gets tarred and feathered. TEAM means they make every attempt at being one. Solid. Together. Brothers. No, you cannot control everyone and you get surprises occasionally but by and large the coaching staff knew who the ticking bombs were. If you have ever been on a TEAM you know exactly what I am talking about.

Let me re-quote your post:

You used a true or untrue, but unverifiable quote from "2 girls"... "the Baylor football players are out of control" and "I am afraid to be around the football players when off campus".

You never stated that it was one or two rogue players. You literally fed the narrative the team was out of control. That's what fits your narrative. Again, that statement could have been used about any of the minority screw ups on any P5 team.

99% of the other players and their families will tell you to go jump in a lake. This was the media's narrative that the entire team was out of control to destroy our program. And your repeating it over and over to fit your agenda. Not once have you gone out of your way to point out it was the individual actions of a few. I don't blame you for changing your tune now after you've been called out. But have some self respect and just stop digging that hole. It's deep enough.

As for TEAM, my friend, those 99% of other players would have something to say about your defintion of a TEAM and loyalty. I know several of them personally. They deserve better than your agenda driven definition.

REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

I guess the ones your friends daughters were scared of. Who at BU did you report this to?
Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Eball said:

This is why I worry about Mack Rhoads and CMR they want to do something different which is more of the same that never really got us to where any of us want to be at the top!

Couldn't agree more my. This right here is why I am so down on the program. In 100 years of Baylor football, we figured out a way to hang with the big boys for the first time by running an unstoppable offense. It was the great equalizer.

And now we destroy our one significant advantage to try and do things the traditional way. In short, same old same old that got us nowhere.

I suspect Rhule can be a good coach with the right talent and competition, but the football he's selling isn't going to have us competing with UT and OU formconference championships IMO, given the talent disparity. Gone is the great equalizer.
Anyone who thinks as you do deserves to squirm in your hell you live in today. It is almost as if I wish we had not even beaten Kansas. You deserve to suffer by accepting "equalized" results.

We are already competing with UT and OU because they have been down the past 6 years or so.

Your equalizer was tainted and ill gotten.

All of the ELITE teams have all three (3) pieces of NCAA Championship Football. Our offense raised some eyebrows but had we gotten into the Final Four a few years ago and played a physical team like Alabama who would line up and jam our receivers at the LOS like they have never been beat up before and then unleashing 4 fire breathing SEC DLs on us with LBs that would have hurt a few of our RBs you would be singing a different tune my juice boxing friend.

You advocate a continuation of what amounts to millenial video game experts scoring 60-70 points from your cush sofa in daddy's house on the Baylor campus while the REAL teams practiced and excelled at DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS in the blood, sweat and mud.

All hat, no cattle.

I advocate a continuation of what you admit is the most successful period of Baylor football in history. You want to do things the traditional way. Where has that gotten us? A few decent years in the 80's and otherwise mediocre.

I respect what you did on the field, but you've proven yourself a clown and buffoon.
This clown and buffoon is confident that Baylor leadership will win out over a handful of juice-boxing knuckleheads on a sports bulletin board.

As usual, this clown is right and you are wrong. Baylor is not going to sell her soul to the devil when we can win with class, honor, decency and be an incredibly good example of what college athletics were intended to be. We do NOT have to fall into the cess pool of what college sports is becoming!

Who the hell are you arguing with? Never have I suggested that we win without class. honor or decency. Never have I suggested we become a cess pool. All I suggested was that we not get rid of the offense that had us performing at our highest level ever - yes even higher than our brief stint of success in the 80's when beating Texas was considered a miracle for little ol' Baylor instead of the norm.

Good god man you argue with more strawmen than any poster on this board.

And before you go touting how right you are, you might want to check your grandiose predictions regarding Rhule prior to the season - you know where you predicted he would bring a championship defense and take us to the place Briles couldn't? I promise I won't let you forget those comments. Yeah they're looking pretty ridiculous right about now.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Eball said:

This is why I worry about Mack Rhoads and CMR they want to do something different which is more of the same that never really got us to where any of us want to be at the top!

Couldn't agree more my. This right here is why I am so down on the program. In 100 years of Baylor football, we figured out a way to hang with the big boys for the first time by running an unstoppable offense. It was the great equalizer.

And now we destroy our one significant advantage to try and do things the traditional way. In short, same old same old that got us nowhere.

I suspect Rhule can be a good coach with the right talent and competition, but the football he's selling isn't going to have us competing with UT and OU formconference championships IMO, given the talent disparity. Gone is the great equalizer.
Anyone who thinks as you do deserves to squirm in your hell you live in today. It is almost as if I wish we had not even beaten Kansas. You deserve to suffer by accepting "equalized" results.

We are already competing with UT and OU because they have been down the past 6 years or so.

Your equalizer was tainted and ill gotten.

All of the ELITE teams have all three (3) pieces of NCAA Championship Football. Our offense raised some eyebrows but had we gotten into the Final Four a few years ago and played a physical team like Alabama who would line up and jam our receivers at the LOS like they have never been beat up before and then unleashing 4 fire breathing SEC DLs on us with LBs that would have hurt a few of our RBs you would be singing a different tune my juice boxing friend.

You advocate a continuation of what amounts to millenial video game experts scoring 60-70 points from your cush sofa in daddy's house on the Baylor campus while the REAL teams practiced and excelled at DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS in the blood, sweat and mud.

All hat, no cattle.

I advocate a continuation of what you admit is the most successful period of Baylor football in history. You want to do things the traditional way. Where has that gotten us? A few decent years in the 80's and otherwise mediocre.

I respect what you did on the field, but you've proven yourself a clown and buffoon.
This clown and buffoon is confident that Baylor leadership will win out over a handful of juice-boxing knuckleheads on a sports bulletin board.

As usual, this clown is right and you are wrong. Baylor is not going to sell her soul to the devil when we can win with class, honor, decency and be an incredibly good example of what college athletics were intended to be. We do NOT have to fall into the cess pool of what college sports is becoming!

Who the hell are you arguing with? Never have I suggested that we win without class. honor or decency. Never have I suggested we become a cess pool. All I suggested was that we not get rid of the offense that had us performing at our highest level ever - yes even higher than our brief stint of success in the 80's when beating Texas was considered a miracle for little ol' Baylor instead of the norm.

Good god man you argue with more strawmen than any poster on this board.

And before you go touting how right you are, you might want to check your grandiose predictions regarding Rhule prior to the season - you know where you predicted he would bring a championship defense and take us to the place Briles couldn't? I promise I won't let you forget those comments. Yeah they're looking pretty ridiculous right about now.
This just shows you how football ignorant you are. Do you honestly think this was going to happen in a few months????

Did you honestly believe that Rhule was going to come in and keep our track meet O? Did it ever occur to you that he had no prior experience with this O and maybe with our depth and experience in the OL that we would run something he had used successfully before?

Did you honestly think that given our returning players were going to magically start playing championship defense? This was a team that lost 6 in a row.

All of you poindexters need to stick to Madden and leave the real football to men who have been there and done this before.

I'm not giving up on you Spice Girls. I'll continue to work with you but you need to get with the program because a large number have seen the light and are no longer wandering around ripping Rhule, his staff, the BOR and anyone else they want to pin the blame for our demise on.
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

I guess the ones your friends daughters were scared of. Who at BU did you report this to?
No. They had enough brains to stay away from them. But it should not have been like this.

Thee University
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

You used a true or untrue, but unverifiable quote from "2 girls"... "the Baylor football players are out of control" and "I am afraid to be around the football players when off campus".

You never stated that it was one or two rogue players. You literally fed the narrative the team was out of control. That's what fits your narrative. Again, that statement could have been used about any of the minority screw ups on any P5 team.

99% of the other players and their families will tell you to go jump in a lake. This was the media's narrative that the entire team was out of control to destroy our program. And your repeating it over and over to fit your agenda. Not once have you gone out of your way to point out it was the individual actions of a few. I don't blame you for changing your tune now after you've been called out. But have some self respect and just stop digging that hole. It's deep enough.

As for TEAM, my friend, those 99% of other players would have something to say about your defintion of a TEAM and loyalty. I know several of them personally. They deserve better than your agenda driven definition.

Do you want me to name names you idiot?

Did I say it was the entire team?

I've not changed my tune. You, true to a millenial upbringing or liberal lean, decide how to twist and turn posts to fit your damage control agenda.

Look my friend, Baylor Football has been burned to the ground. It is being rebuilt by people who are far superior to me or you. Anyone with a brain knows where to place the majority of the blame for the tearing down of our great program. It was done and we have moved on. We are currently paying for our sins and I support the players who did not cut and run and did nothing to start any fires.

What is your definition of TEAM?. I'm not talking about chess club or Key Club or Spanish Club.

I don't care how many players you think you really know. Until you sleep, eat, practice and spend leisure time with 100 other players you don't know jack squat! I've been there before. I spent 12 years of my life in this environment. Don't try to play a sympathy card with me.
Eball
Thee...just indulge me for a moment after Thanksgiving...you obviously believe CAB caused the destruction of the Football program because he ran fast and loose with discipline. I just do not think you can take penalties and lack of defense on the field and turn it into Football team run amok terrorizing college Coeds. My Daughter went to BU during the CAB glory years and never ever said she had issues, problems or concerns with Football players or Guys at BU in general. She never heard of any issues whispered about or talked about either until after she got out like the rest of us. Setting your thoughts as to CAB and my thoughts as to CAB aside, lets go back in time, May 2016...PH gives it report...the BOR considers it...someone says on the BOR we have to do something big and bold to make a statement and then someone else stands up and says no we don't we need to correct some things but this involves personnel and students with expectations of privacy. We make a statement that our Title IX policies and training were not up to snuff and in some cases conflicted with our Student code of conduct about drinking and having sex so we are making changes as suggested by PH report. You could even do the whole recommendation thing. You could even say that Athletics in general and Football in particular had developed their own discipline system and in some instances ignored the campus Judicial system but that steps were being put into place to train and correct same. Heck we could have even suspended or put on probation Ian or Starr or CAB...heck the BOR wanted an excuse to do something with Starr they could have done what they wanted with Starr and still kept Football in tact...(I am a big Starr fan as well so I disagree with this but hey this is football)

We keep our best class ever together and move on with CAB...is there some media back lash sure but my gosh if we don't self inflict bad press and feed those goobers it is likely not nearly as severe.

Fools need to learn that even they can look smart sometimes if they just keep their mouths shut!

This is why I am so hard on the BOR they did this not anyone else it was unnecessary...further proof needed...they kept intact this rogue coaching staff and tried to hang on to as many rogue players as they could.

All corrections necessary could have been done without the self-flagellation.

DioNoZeus
Eball said:

Thee...just indulge me for a moment after Thanksgiving...you obviously believe CAB caused the destruction of the Football program because he ran fast and loose with discipline. I just do not think you can take penalties and lack of defense on the field and turn it into Football team run amok terrorizing college Coeds. My Daughter went to BU during the CAB glory years and never ever said she had issues, problems or concerns with Football players or Guys at BU in general. She never heard of any issues whispered about or talked about either until after she got out like the rest of us. Setting your thoughts as to CAB and my thoughts as to CAB aside, lets go back in time, May 2016...PH gives it report...the BOR considers it...someone says on the BOR we have to do something big and bold to make a statement and then someone else stands up and says no we don't we need to correct some things but this involves personnel and students with expectations of privacy. We make a statement that our Title IX policies and training were not up to snuff and in some cases conflicted with our Student code of conduct about drinking and having sex so we are making changes as suggested by PH report. You could even do the whole recommendation thing. You could even say that Athletics in general and Football in particular had developed their own discipline system and in some instances ignored the campus Judicial system but that steps were being put into place to train and correct same. Heck we could have even suspended or put on probation Ian or Starr or CAB...heck the BOR wanted an excuse to do something with Starr they could have done what they wanted with Starr and still kept Football in tact...(I am a big Starr fan as well so I disagree with this but hey this is football)

We keep our best class ever together and move on with CAB...is there some media back lash sure but my gosh if we don't self inflict bad press and feed those goobers it is likely not nearly as severe.

Fools need to learn that even they can look smart sometimes if they just keep their mouths shut!

This is why I am so hard on the BOR they did this not anyone else it was unnecessary...further proof needed...they kept intact this rogue coaching staff and tried to hang on to as many rogue players as they could.

All corrections necessary could have been done without the self-flagellation.

Dman
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

I've not changed my tune. You, true to a millenial upbringing or liberal lean, decide how to twist and turn posts to fit your damage control agenda.

Look my friend, Baylor Football has been burned to the ground. It is being rebuilt by people who are far superior to me or you. Anyone with a brain knows where to place the majority of the blame for the tearing down of our great program. It was done and we have moved on. We are currently paying for our sins and I support the players who did not cut and run and did nothing to start any fires.

What is your definition of TEAM?. I'm not talking about chess club or Key Club or Spanish Club.

I don't care how many players you think you really know. Until you sleep, eat, practice and spend leisure time with 100 other players you don't know jack squat! I've been there before. I spent 12 years of my life in this environment. Don't try to play a sympathy card with me.

So let's have fun with all the irony.
1. According to you Taunting etc in the heat of battle during a game on the field is killing footballl and a symptom of a program gone awol. Yet when you get schooled and exposed over and over on a Football forum, you resort to the same over and over. The emperor has no cloths.

2. Please go back and point out where you have isolated your criticism to the individual actions of 1% who did horrific things. (Taunting, dancing nugs, do not qualify). You have changed your tune. You have done nothing but repeat the media's narrative that it was program systemic. I've used your own quotes.

3. I'm Not a millennial. But I employ many, along with many doctors, lawyers, and MBAs of all ages. The "generation superiority" hype is over rated and played out only by the older generation. (Let me guess, Did you walk in the snow up hill both ways to school...with no shoes?). I've Never been accused of being liberal. Chess has never been my thing. Though I've had more than one "check mate" while running circles around you back peddling dribble.

4. I've played organized "team" sports my whole life. Still do. Guarantee I'm in better shape and I'm still playing more team based sports at my current "not mellinneal" age than you were. See how stupid that sounds. Who cares? The fact that you played in college in NO way gives you immunity from your incorrect and blatantly false premise, or any special insight beyond my experience. Just means your more likely to be suffering from a head injury. This is a laughable attempt at a false sense of superiority. There are tens of thousands of college football players living out their glory years in the past on forums across America, who went nowhere in life after. It's not the military. It's a game. You're not entitled to special treatment.

So let's boil this down and simplify one more time for you. Those teams had a few BAD people on them. Like every P5 team. Their actions did not justifiably define or represent the vast majority of good kids. That was the media's narrative. It's yours. It's false. Those 99% of other kids deserve better. But you'll burn them all down to prove your point. And your "Baylor loyal". Ironic.

MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Thee University said:

1. According to you Taunting etc in the heat of battle during a game on the field is killing footballl and a symptom of a program gone awol. Yet when you get schooled and exposed over and over on a Football forum, you resort to the same over and over. The emperor has no cloths.

2. Please go back and point out where you have isolated your criticism to the individual actions of 1% who did horrific things. (Taunting, dancing nugs, do not qualify). You have changed your tune. You have done nothing but repeat the media's narrative that it was program systemic. I've used your own quotes.

3. I'm Not a millennial. But I employ many, along with many doctors, lawyers, and MBAs of all ages. The "generation superiority" hype is over rated and played out only by the older generation. (Let me guess, Did you walk in the snow up hill both ways to school...with no shoes?). I've Never been accused of being liberal. Chess has never been my thing. Though I've had more than one "check mate" while running circles around you back peddling dribble.

4. I've played organized "team" sports my whole life. Still do. Guarantee I'm in better shape and I'm still playing more team based sports at my current "not mellinneal" age than you were. See how stupid that sounds. Who cares? The fact that you played in college in NO way gives you immunity from your incorrect and blatantly false premise, or any special insight beyond my experience. Just means your more likely to be suffering from a head injury. This is a laughable attempt at a false sense of superiority. There are tens of thousands of college football players living out their glory years in the past on forums across America, who went nowhere in life after. It's not the military. It's a game. You're not entitled to special treatment.

So let's boil this down and simplify one more time for you. Those teams had a few BAD people on them. Like every P5 team. Their actions did not justifiably define or represent the vast majority of good kids. That was the media's narrative. It's yours. It's false. Those 99% of other kids deserve better. But you'll burn them all down to prove your point. And your "Baylor loyal". Ironic.

If you're not a millennial then you have got to be the greatest middle-aged snowflake imaginable.

At least youth has an excuse for a coddled upbringing and little life experience.

Dman
Like clockwork. My stalker follows yet another one of my posts...desperately needing validation. Crying out for me to read and engage his posts. Knowing he's been on ignore for months. My guess is nothing has changed since the last one I read months ago...a sad attempt to score points with some juvenile retort. Now it's just more pathetic knowing I don't read and don't care.

Watch...He will post again after this...3...2...1...
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Like clockwork. My stalker follows yet another one of my posts...desperately needing validation. Crying out for me to read and engage his posts. Knowing he's been on ignore for months. My guess is nothing has changed since the last one I read months ago...a sad attempt to score points with some juvenile retort. Now it's just more pathetic knowing I don't read and don't care.

Watch...He will post again after this...
Triggered! Love how "ignored" posters send you into rants.

He doesn't "care" anymore guys, he swears, can't you tell?

Dman
As predicted.

The good thing. I'm seeing almost NO ONE quote him anymore. He's literally on this board desperate for attention from anyone. The vast majority have learned and him on ignore. That's what being irrelevant will do for you.

Have a great day MV! Talk to yourself all you want my friend. I know you'll go on and on and on and on..

(3...2...1..).
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

As predicted.

The good thing. I'm seeing almost NO ONE quote him anymore. He's literally on this board desperate for attention from anyone. The vast majority have learned and him on ignore. That's what being irrelevant will do for you.

Have a great day MV! Talk to yourself all you want my friend. I know you'll go on and on and on and on..

(3...2...1..).
For someone that doesn't care, your blood pressure sure seems to be escalating quickly over things that supposedly don't bother you.

Will be a riot showing your doctor the source of why you're hospitalized...an internet poster you're supposedly ignoring.

Malbec
Amazing.
Dman
Malbec said:

Amazing.

Yup. He would follow every post of mine if I kept going. The difference. I have a life. And I don't care. Ignore is wonderful. He can post all he wants...nothing..

When I jump back on later in the day (he has no life..he's on this 24/7), on some other thread. He will follow...like a lost puppy.

(3....2.....1....)
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Malbec said:

Amazing.

Yup. He would follow every post of mine if I kept going. The difference. I have a life. And I don't care. Ignore is wonderful. He can post all he wants...nothing..

When I jump back on later in the day (he has no life..he's on this 24/7), on some other thread. He will follow...like a lost puppy.

(3....2.....1....)

Keep up the group therapy.

Hail to the king, baby.

Malbec
Staggering.
xiledinok
This thread beat expectations.

Back to the Op.
FAU will finish off Charlotte, otherwise known as UNC-Charlotte. Get excited for the invitation to my favorite bowl game. Nassau is a lovely place. Fans get rewarded for middle of the road football.

Then Arizona gets Bennett's defense. Arizona has a really good quarterback.
MilliVanilli
xiledinok said:

This thread beat expectations.

Back to the Op.
FAU will finish off Charlotte, otherwise known as UNC-Charlotte. Get excited for the invitation to my favorite bowl game. Nassau is a lovely place. Fans get rewarded for middle of the road football.

Then Arizona gets Bennett's defense. Arizona has a really good quarterback.
Cabers are reduced to rooting for Conference USA victories.
xiledinok
My favorite highlight recently was the fact we ended up knowing all about FAU's stay in Shreveport.
Big ole Briles reunion.

The Ruston Hilton is a fine hotel but I think there are several much nicer Hiltons in DFW area. The swag factor sucks for the robe.

REX
xiledinok said:

My favorite highlight recently was the fact we ended up knowing all about FAU's stay in Shreveport.
Big ole Briles reunion.

The Ruston Hilton is a fine hotel but I think there are several much nicer Hiltons in DFW area. The swag factor sucks for the robe.

dont worry I'll keep you updated on FAU's next THREE games this year
xiledinok
Dreaming of El Paso?
Thee University
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

Corrections

I never said taunting was killing football. I never said taunting was a sole indicator of a program run amok. I will go on record as saying it is classless and takes away from the TEAM and focuses the light on the taunter. Baylor is above this or used to be. I've held fast to this being an on-the-field indicator of just how loosely Briles managed his team for a number of years. I was right.

My point about team sports is correct. Again. I never ask for immunity from your weak BS. I do not ask for special treatment but I do know what a 1-11 team is going through as I was a part of a 3-8 Baylor team that was immensely talented.

I don't live out my glory years. I am here to weigh in (just like you attempt to do) on issues that I enjoy. Baylor Football. The fact that I played on a team that was very disciplined and managed tightly and understood that Baylor should and would be held at a higher standard gives me a bit of a posting advantage over knuckleheads like you.

Simplified just for you: Those teams had more than a few BAD dudes on the roster. When they do bad things or act like a fool in public they should have been held accountable. Briles brought them to Waco. He is responsible for them. BS on your weak comment that every P5 team has them. They can win without them! I never said the actions represented the vast majority but I did say that the media, which was snubbed by Briles and his staff and some players, do not take kindly to this type of treatment. You have to know how to play the "game". You get lots more flies with sugar than vinegar.

I am more pro kids than the majority of you posters. I believe this all could have been avoided had the coaches been professional and had Baylor held the coaches accountable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.