Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,228 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xiledinok said:

marco said:

xiledinok said:

marco said:

All you have to do is look at the top 25 in total offense (since this is a metric that Thee can understand and I assume his lapdog can too...) and then compare those teams to the CFP/Polls rankings. Holy **** it doesn't even take a moron to see that the teams that are doing the best are running some sort of gadgety Briles-esque spread. And numbnuts here wants to downplay this? Hahahaha... holy ****, we're living in bizarro world.

Is X trying to argue that because Kendall is at a non-P5 school that what he's doing won't work elsewhere or what??
It would help to defend with capable defenders.
No Marco, it was explained on the other site and this one about Lame.
Watch Kiffin's Klemson Korner and enjoy life without your fired moderator role.
The spread jack rabbit has been effective for years. Some opinions think you have to have a mix it up and have the ability to pur your hands on the ground occasionally to win the point of attack.

I'm going to have to start calling you "Lucy" because anytime someone starts to kick your balls out of the stadium you pull them out of the way with some Jedi mind trick, like you think you're dealing with Charlie Brown or something but you're not.

First you want to try to bring down where Kendal is coaching at by saying that they don't play against guys who are going into the pros, as though that meant something. Then when I show you that there are teams running similar schemes who are playing against guys who will go pro on defense you want to Jedi around and say that Kiffins team doesn't play defense? What the hell has that got to do with this thread, at all? It's a KB and Bennett thread, dipwad. Winning is winning. Heavyweight, bantam weight, feather weight, it don't matter. If you're beating the guys in your class you have nothing to be ashamed of. Trying to tear down the dude makes you look bad, really, really bad.

I'm sorry that you just this year apparently learned of Tosh and his Kiffin parody, it's old but better late than never I guess. Oklahoma isn't known as the cultural center of the universe so you have that excuse working for ya.
You make Jenni Carlson look like an expert.
This thread has proven to be a good one.

Bennett has confirmed what we already knew and no gives a dirty diaper about what FAU was doing with full jack rabbit in a lower division conference.
We learned a bunch about blind robe loyalty.

Marco, I want folks to see Tosh's skit. I am sorry your losing streak continued in 2017.
Winning is winning? If you want to be a "numbers guy" loading us up with stats then surely there should not be any boundaries set on discussing competition. It is only fair.

Can you then explain to me why heavy weight boxers don't fight bantam weights unless it's a sparring partner? Give it a shot, amigo.
xiledinok
Marco, stats against Old Dominion don't weight much as a Power 5.
Quality Power 5 stats weigh heavier than Texas State and the rest of what used to be called DivIsion IAA.
There's a talent difference as well.
JusHappy2BeHere
Unless the coach is named Briles and then P5 stats suck
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Malbec
End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

QB Driskell is 8/9 for 64 yds and 1 TD
RB Singletary has 104 yds on 7 carries with 1 TD

Total Yds - FAU 200, FIU 41
303Bear
Malbec said:

End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

Meanwhile ASU already won today to become bowl eligible.

So yeah, this thread went how the OP planned...
Dman
303Bear said:

Malbec said:

End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

Op is not known for well thought out plans...
GoldenBear007
Dman said:

303Bear said:

Malbec said:

End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

Op is not known for well thought out plans...
Judge
Good luck to all our former coaches. Keep on winning.
GABear78
So why couldn't we have promoted KB and kept CAB as an advisor? Seems FAU has come to grips with it.
marco
Malbec said:

End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

See, the problem is that at some point you have to put a hand in the ground and run the ball. Oh, FAU runs the ball just fine? Damn. And Briles' offense set the all time rushing record for a bowl game? Damn. And Manny Pacquiao sucks as a boxer because he didn't fight as a heavyweight. Son of a *****!

This X guy is just too smart for us.
Malbec
End of 3rd Q
FAU 37 - FIU 17

QB Driskell is 16/22 for 186 yds and 4 TDs
RB Singletary has 159 yds on 19 carries with 1 TD
K Joseph has a 44 yd FG

Total Yds: FAU 441, FIU 233

TOP: FIU 25:17, FAU 19:43
ColomboLQ
Malbec said:

End of 3rd Q
FAU 37 - FIU 17

K Joseph has a 44 yd FG

FAU is losing T.O.P.? Ballgame.
Malbec
marco said:

Malbec said:

End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

See, the problem is that at some point you have to put a hand in the ground and run the ball. Oh, FAU runs the ball just fine? Damn. And Briles' offense set the all time rushing record for a bowl game? Damn. And Manny Pacquiao sucks as a boxer because he didn't fight as a heavyweight. Son of a *****!

This X guy is just too smart for us.
After 3 Qtrs:

FAU has 255 yds rushing on 31 carries (avg of 8.3 yds per carry)
FAU has 186 yds passing on 22 attempts (avg of 8.5 yds per pass attempt)
Malbec
ColomboLQ said:

Malbec said:

End of 3rd Q
FAU 37 - FIU 17

K Joseph has a 44 yd FG

FAU is losing T.O.P.? Ballgame.
FIU (coached by Butch Davis) beat UTSA 14-7.
Judge
MilliVanilli
Judge said:

Killer Frogs down for maintenance tonight? Oh wait, you guys are obsessed with trolling Baylor, I forget.
JusHappy2BeHere
another Milli response that is not read or even seen

Same win as Rhule
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
MilliVanilli
JusHappy2BeHere said:

another Milli response that is not read or even seen

More wins than Rhule
Just another one you snowflakes will break into group therapy about while claiming to ignore it.

JusHappy2BeHere
What? I can't hear you!!! You are on Ignore!

Now I have more wins that Rhule

Mahatma Gandhi
RioRata
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Low hanging fruit.
MilliVanilli
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Y'all keep up the group therapy, you may have a break through yet.
Dman
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Gold.
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Gold.
Jacques Strap
CMR Post Game Comments

Quote:

we may not have walked the field off as winners but we're winners in my book."

"We're getting better as a team still a team that tends to beat itself."
REX
FAU wraps up their regular season this weekend in Charlotte. Should take care of business there and then will host the CUSA conf championship game against North Texas. Then bowl game. A good chance to turn a team that went 3-9 for three consecutive years into an 11 win team. Same players so must have something to do with coaching and systems. Congrats to the former coaches and maybe this thread will fade away after bowls are over for KB and CPB.
Thee University
303Bear said:

Malbec said:

End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

Quite the contrary.....it did exactly what was planned. It was posted to have fun with and based on the responses it was and still is receiving (one of the top based on hits) it will provide even more entertainment.

Oregon State win for the Aggie is about as impressive as beating Baylor!
Thee University
REX said:

FAU wraps up their regular season this weekend in Charlotte. Should take care of business there and then will host the CUSA conf championship game against North Texas. Then bowl game. A good chance to turn a team that went 3-9 for three consecutive years into an 11 win team. Same players so must have something to do with coaching and systems. Congrats to the former coaches and maybe this thread will fade away after bowls are over for KB and CPB.
Doubtful it will fade away. The Aggie has not shut down a Bowl opponent in Years and they still have to play Arizona. Still time for more fun!
REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

Doubtful it will fade away. The Aggie has not shut down a Bowl opponent in Years and they still have to play Arizona. Still time for more fun!

Tar Heels say whats up
JusHappy2BeHere
REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Tar Heels say whats up
So does UCLA

It's sad to see a once great Bear trash his legacy like this

Mahatma Gandhi
303Bear
Thee University said:

303Bear said:

Malbec said:

End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

Quite the contrary.....it did exactly what was planned. It was posted to have fun with and based on the responses it was and still is receiving (one of the top based on hits) it will provide even more entertainment.

No doubt, but I believe the "fun" you intended is not the fun that has resulted given the results this season.

xiledinok
El Chico will finish 6-6 after Arizona QB Tate reminds the world it is an offense with a pulse that kills El Chico's vaunted "Points per possession".

Only Marco would lose enough to compare heavyweight fights to fly weight battles and how the stats are remotely the same.

I m glad a few folks will give us in game updates on FAU. This has been a fun thread. The robe has no self control and cannot ignore the thread.
All this joy for the FAU is generally ignored because The U is having a great year.
xiledinok
303Bear said:

Thee University said:

303Bear said:

Malbec said:

End of 1st Q
FAU 14, FIU 0

No doubt, but I believe the "fun" you intended is not the fun that has resulted given the results this season.

No, it was pre planned.

FAU was poor as expected in the non conference but has brought back reminders of praising stats against bad teams. Fools Gold. I have enjoyed reading blind robe loyalty. Desperate, irrelevant fans looking like company "yes" men for FAU.

31 pages.

I enjoyed the fact you all never addressed the fact that the Briles' offense is world class but occasionally a team must go old school to win the point of attack.

Arizona State went to retread yard with a good ole boy hire. Sorta expected a middle of the road season.

marco
I guess you just avoided the last few posts where it was shown that Briles' offenses could and did get dirty at the point of attack and run the hell out of the ball.

Do you think Bennett is spending weeknights in College Station?
xiledinok
Marco, there's no power in the veer spread. The Briles running game is not blowing people off the ball. Not the best for short yard and shorter fields.
Down and dirty? No. Whatever your definition.

There were many times we suffered because full jack rabbit couldn't score in the red zone.
Is Art really writing game plans for FAU?
Dman
xiledinok said:

Marco, there's no power in the veer spread. The Briles running game is not blowing people off the ball. Not the best for short yard and shorter fields.
Down and dirty? No. Whatever your definition.

There were many times we suffered because full jack rabbit couldn't score in the red zone.
Is Art really writing game plans for FAU?

X..you do realize there's no "perfect" offense. There are some that do a better job providing superior match ups against defenses, but any offense will have something to point at negatively. But even in this case, the running game (for the most part) was QUITE effective with Briles.

So, in this case your pointing out a freckle on a super model, yet trying to sell us the "good personality" on a slump buster?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.