Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,202 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

Thee University said:

Up until Art fired himself I'll bet 95% of this board could not name 3 regents. Why? Nobody cared.

I believe you place the best person you can get on your board. Nothing else matters. If it does you are hamstringing yourself.

Case in point: Art was too stubborn to get rid of his buddy, The Aggie, so we never realized our full potential. We could have done better .

You ladies are just falling in line to be recognized here on 365 as a caring, loving , nurturing, inclusive, politically correct joke. If I was the moderator I would ban you for possessing pencil necks, concave chests, limp wrists complete with dishwater hands.

Grow a pair before you post another word!
So you're saying (with your previous posts as well) you believe the best people for the BOR are only white people.
Are you really this ignorant? Seriously!

Where did I mention white people only? YOU are what is wrong with America.

I don't care if we appoint a Lithuanian midget, a Dinka warrior, a Siberian Yakut and a South American Mapuche. I don't care as long as they are qualified. As a matter of fact, I'd be good with 15 Serbian women models.

I still can't believe your question.

I asked for all Spice Girls posting on 365 to identify themselves. You have to be Baby Spice.

When you suggested a lack of qualified minorities, the flip side of that is that only whites were qualified.
Good God. Another idiot. I should have known - points/possession guru.

It's no wonder psychologists are banging on the doors of Pat Neff for your phone numbers. You guys are going to be written up in a comprehensive study detailing an obsessive addictive disorder when grown men become overly involved in hero worshipping soiled coaches and athletes all because of rescuing you from the years of being picked last on the playground when choosing teams!

Thee, why do you think it is possible there are no qualified minorities? That's absurd.
Did I mention the word minority. The world I live in has no minorities. There is no color. We are all equal in all respects. Some choose to excel. Some do not. I judge none of them because I believe you get what you deserve.

The Baylor Game has been honed for over 100 years. You guys are truly so naive it hurts my heart to think of you out in the cold, cruel world. I can help you all.

Oklahoma Drills for everyone are in order! Who's in?
BobbyPop
I tell you what is interesting...

Kendall Briles goes to a TERRIBLE program. One of the worst in FBS. Transforms their offense into an actual top 10 scoring, total, and rushing offense.

They are sitting there at 7-3 (6-0 in conference).

We should have made his ass the head coach.... Dumb ass regents.
PartyBear
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

Thee University said:

Up until Art fired himself I'll bet 95% of this board could not name 3 regents. Why? Nobody cared.

I believe you place the best person you can get on your board. Nothing else matters. If it does you are hamstringing yourself.

Case in point: Art was too stubborn to get rid of his buddy, The Aggie, so we never realized our full potential. We could have done better .

You ladies are just falling in line to be recognized here on 365 as a caring, loving , nurturing, inclusive, politically correct joke. If I was the moderator I would ban you for possessing pencil necks, concave chests, limp wrists complete with dishwater hands.

Grow a pair before you post another word!
So you're saying (with your previous posts as well) you believe the best people for the BOR are only white people.
Are you really this ignorant? Seriously!

Where did I mention white people only? YOU are what is wrong with America.

I don't care if we appoint a Lithuanian midget, a Dinka warrior, a Siberian Yakut and a South American Mapuche. I don't care as long as they are qualified. As a matter of fact, I'd be good with 15 Serbian women models.

I still can't believe your question.

I asked for all Spice Girls posting on 365 to identify themselves. You have to be Baby Spice.

When you suggested a lack of qualified minorities, the flip side of that is that only whites were qualified.
Good God. Another idiot. I should have known - points/possession guru.

It's no wonder psychologists are banging on the doors of Pat Neff for your phone numbers. You guys are going to be written up in a comprehensive study detailing an obsessive addictive disorder when grown men become overly involved in hero worshipping soiled coaches and athletes all because of rescuing you from the years of being picked last on the playground when choosing teams!

Thee, why do you think it is possible there are no qualified minorities? That's absurd.
Did I mention the word minority. The world I live in has no minorities. There is no color. We are all equal in all respects. Some choose to excel. Some do not. I judge none of them because I believe you get what you deserve.

The Baylor Game has been honed for over 100 years. You guys are truly so naive it hurts my heart to think of you out in the cold, cruel world. I can help you all.

Oklahoma Drills for everyone are in order! Who's in?

You did mention "there was no qualified minority male out there" to serve on our BOR.
baylorfan59
all of those 6 conference teams could have beat UTSA or Falwell U....
xiledinok
baylorfan59 said:

They still suck. Briles' offense doesn't have trouble against linebackers and safeties that cannot make plays.
Conference USA and the Big 12 haven't had many guys drafted in defense over the past several years. I have heard the argument that Alabama had more talent on defense than our entire league.

The over this week for FAU is 65. I would take it. The 14 might be too much. Hopefully, Butch can pull the upset and the cameras are on with these teams. Time for a brawl to entertain us.
REX
xiledinok said:

baylorfan59 said:

They still suck. Briles' offense doesn't have trouble against linebackers and safeties that cannot make plays.
Conference USA and the Big 12 haven't had many guys drafted in defense over the past several years. I have heard the argument that Alabama had more talent on defense than our entire league.

The over this week for FAU is 65. I would take it. The 14 might be too much. Hopefully, Butch can pull the upset and the cameras are on with these teams. Time for a brawl to entertain us.

Okay
JusHappy2BeHere
xiledinok said:

baylorfan59 said:

Apparently no linebackers and Safties in America can make plays...

NCAA rank for Total Offense since 2010 = 13, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 6, and now Kendall takes a horrible team and makes them great on offense in one season?

Your hate blinds you to the truth.
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
xiledinok
I think Monty was the best running it. Art is helping them but let's not get carried away with rankings.
The Big 12 has been void of defense and our top numbers didn't face guys that could match up with the speed until NFL training camp.
There might be 15-20 programs who could have caused issues against Baylor.

Rex, there's probably a 5A in East Texas that has lived in the dumpster forever willingly to hire your son. He could strike while the iron is hot. Get back to home.
FWIW, FAU should be a favorite in Nassau.
PartyBear
How is our offense now against a conference void of defense? Just curious.
D. C. Bear
PartyBear said:

How is our offense now against a conference void of defense? Just curious.
Not very good.

8/10 in scoring offense.
10/10 in rushing yards per attmept
7/10 yards per attempt passing.
7//10 yards per play total.
5/10 yards per game.

We were 4th in conference in yards per play last year, and 5th in points per game in conference.
REX
Defenses are probably just better this year
xiledinok
It will take another 5 years to get the defenses back up to championship contention but the league was better this year on defense, which isn't really much to brag about outside the Longhorn 10.

Tell us about those vaunted Conference USA defenses. Does the rap music being played inside the stadiums help stop the opponents? Does the loud rock help stop offenses with a pulse?

Anyone willing to update us on the might Oregon State Beavers chances this weekend? Bennett gets a team in disarray. Things are different this year for Bennett but for the defense and the won-loss record in Tempe.
JusHappy2BeHere
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the whole Briles offense is only good against bad defense BS
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
REX
xiledinok said:

It will take another 5 years to get the defenses back up to championship contention but the league was better this year on defense, which isn't really much to brag about outside the Longhorn 10.

Tell us about those vaunted Conference USA defenses. Does the rap music being played inside the stadiums help stop the opponents? Does the loud rock help stop offenses with a pulse?

Anyone willing to update us on the might Oregon State Beavers chances this weekend? Bennett gets a team in disarray. Things are different this year for Bennett but for the defense and the won-loss record in Tempe.

Will you please ask a question that makes sense? Just once please.
Jacques Strap
Thank goodness we no longer run such a simple system on offense that leads to yards and points and wins. This complicated attack is so much more fun to watch.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

No, I plan to confuse you like the robe during cold weather games.
Does the rap music played inside these stadiums help player performance?
Does the rock music played inside these stadiums help player performance? Those were easy to understand. Does the music make a difference? There was credit for Art bringing our game day presentation into the 1990s. I beg to differ because we were just copying the rest.
Can you give us an update on the chances the Beavers beat Arizona State?
You guys love to ask questions and then avoid others. Here are more questions.
How was the drive to exciting Ruston last week?
Do you plan on staying at a Disney resort during the bowl game?
Does Lame's smoking ass hot ex wife come give pep talks to the coaches? I bet she is the center of attention.

Just happy...The offense is great but it can be slowed down . It helps to face slow defenses and the Big 12 has mastered terrible defense. The league looks like the WAC in the 1990s.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

No, I plan to confuse you like the robe during cold weather games.
Does the rap music played inside these stadiums help player performance?
Does the rock music played inside these stadiums help player performance? Those were easy to understand. Does the music make a difference? There was credit for Art bringing our game day presentation into the 1990s. I beg to differ because we were just copying the rest.
Can you give us an update on the chances the Beavers beat Arizona State?
You guys love to ask questions and then avoid others. Here are more questions.
How was the drive to exciting Ruston last week?
Do you plan on staying at a Disney resort during the bowl game?
Does Lame's smoking ass hot ex wife come give pep talks to the coaches? I bet she is the center of attention.

Just happy...The offense is great but it can be slowed down . It helps to face slow defenses and the Big 12 has mastered terrible defense. The league looks like the WAC in the 1990s.

I thought coach was at BU in the 2000's but maybe I'm wrong
xiledinok
Surely, you remember the WAC.
There was a considerable drop in league defenses and NFL draft picks over the past decade.
This is an undisputed fact.

Now, how was your drive?
Malbec
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Ha! The other day my wife walked past while I was on 365 and I was laughing at something someone posted. She stopped and asked, "Did that 'ziled-i-nook' person say something goofy again?" He's infamous!
marco
All you have to do is look at the top 25 in total offense (since this is a metric that Thee can understand and I assume his lapdog can too...) and then compare those teams to the CFP/Polls rankings. Holy **** it doesn't even take a moron to see that the teams that are doing the best are running some sort of gadgety Briles-esque spread. And numbnuts here wants to downplay this? Hahahaha... holy ****, we're living in bizarro world.

Is X trying to argue that because Kendall is at a non-P5 school that what he's doing won't work elsewhere or what??
xiledinok
marco said:

All you have to do is look at the top 25 in total offense (since this is a metric that Thee can understand and I assume his lapdog can too...) and then compare those teams to the CFP/Polls rankings. Holy **** it doesn't even take a moron to see that the teams that are doing the best are running some sort of gadgety Briles-esque spread. And numbnuts here wants to downplay this? Hahahaha... holy ****, we're living in bizarro world.

Is X trying to argue that because Kendall is at a non-P5 school that what he's doing won't work elsewhere or what??
It would help to defend with capable defenders.
No Marco, it was explained on the other site and this one about Lame.
Watch Kiffin's Klemson Korner and enjoy life without your fired moderator role.
The spread jack rabbit has been effective for years. Some opinions think you have to have a mix it up and have the ability to pur your hands on the ground occasionally to win the point of attack.

Malbec, I bet I know what the smartest thing was to come out of her mouth. I wish she would explain the Sunday school teacher Ian's lack of character since her husband is in denial about the Canadian's failure.
Malbec
xiledinok said:

marco said:

The spread jack rabbit has been effective for years. Some opinions think you have to have a mix it up and have the ability to pur your hands on the ground occasionally to win the point of attack.

Malbec, I bet I know what the smartest thing was to come out of her mouth. I wish she would explain the Sunday school teacher Ian's lack of character since her husband is in denial about the Canadian's failure.
X, my brother, I hope you are okay, because your lips are moving, but nothing's coming out that bears any resemblance to reality.
MidWestBear2010
Wow this thread really back fired on Thee. I think he was hoping he could post on it every week and say "I told you so" but really the opposite happened. Ouch.
Thee University
MidWestBear2010 said:

Wow this thread really back fired on Thee. I think he was hoping he could post on it every week and say "I told you so" but really the opposite happened. Ouch.
Wow!

Ouch!

Is this cartoon talk?

Pow!

Crack!

The Aggie is holding up his half of my game. He still gives up nearly 600 yards per game. He was always the safe bet. Lil Briles could have gone either way.

Lots of white women is doing good. Good for him. Seriously.

I threw this post out there and it has been one of the most active this season. You are reading it. Case closed!
boognish_bear
Baby Briles to UTEP?

marco
xiledinok said:

marco said:

I'm going to have to start calling you "Lucy" because anytime someone starts to kick your balls out of the stadium you pull them out of the way with some Jedi mind trick, like you think you're dealing with Charlie Brown or something but you're not.

First you want to try to bring down where Kendal is coaching at by saying that they don't play against guys who are going into the pros, as though that meant something. Then when I show you that there are teams running similar schemes who are playing against guys who will go pro on defense you want to Jedi around and say that Kiffins team doesn't play defense? What the hell has that got to do with this thread, at all? It's a KB and Bennett thread, dipwad. Winning is winning. Heavyweight, bantam weight, feather weight, it don't matter. If you're beating the guys in your class you have nothing to be ashamed of. Trying to tear down the dude makes you look bad, really, really bad.

I'm sorry that you just this year apparently learned of Tosh and his Kiffin parody, it's old but better late than never I guess. Oklahoma isn't known as the cultural center of the universe so you have that excuse working for ya.
xiledinok
marco said:

xiledinok said:

marco said:

I'm going to have to start calling you "Lucy" because anytime someone starts to kick your balls out of the stadium you pull them out of the way with some Jedi mind trick, like you think you're dealing with Charlie Brown or something but you're not.

First you want to try to bring down where Kendal is coaching at by saying that they don't play against guys who are going into the pros, as though that meant something. Then when I show you that there are teams running similar schemes who are playing against guys who will go pro on defense you want to Jedi around and say that Kiffins team doesn't play defense? What the hell has that got to do with this thread, at all? It's a KB and Bennett thread, dipwad. Winning is winning. Heavyweight, bantam weight, feather weight, it don't matter. If you're beating the guys in your class you have nothing to be ashamed of. Trying to tear down the dude makes you look bad, really, really bad.

I'm sorry that you just this year apparently learned of Tosh and his Kiffin parody, it's old but better late than never I guess. Oklahoma isn't known as the cultural center of the universe so you have that excuse working for ya.
You make Jenni Carlson look like an expert.
This thread has proven to be a good one.

Bennett has confirmed what we already knew and no gives a dirty diaper about what FAU was doing with full jack rabbit in a lower division conference.
We learned a bunch about blind robe loyalty.

Marco, I want folks to see Tosh's skit. I am sorry your losing streak continued in 2017.
Winning is winning? If you want to be a "numbers guy" loading us up with stats then surely there should not be any boundaries set on discussing competition. It is only fair.
Jacques Strap
boognish_bear said:

Baby Briles to UTEP?

I think CKB could win at UTEP. I mean he has the best offensive coach in history watching game film and helping him out. No brainer for UTEP to hire him.
boognish_bear
Jacques Strap said:

boognish_bear said:

Baby Briles to UTEP?

I think CKB could win at UTEP. I mean he has the best offensive coach in history watching game film and helping him out. No brainer for UTEP to hire him.

They are literally the worst ranked offense in college football at #130 right now. It would be quite the reclamation project for CKB.
Jacques Strap
boognish_bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

boognish_bear said:

Baby Briles to UTEP?

They are literally the worst ranked offense in college football at #130 right now. It would be quite the reclamation project for CKB.
So all upside and no downside. He'd probably have that offense 60 spots higher in year one.
REX
boognish_bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

boognish_bear said:

Baby Briles to UTEP?

So you're saying that it would be a process?
Jacques Strap
REX said:

boognish_bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

boognish_bear said:

Baby Briles to UTEP?

with the caveat it would be a really fast process, like FAU
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I bet he would win more than one game his first year.
Thee University
Good luck getting top Texas talent to live and play in El Paso for 4 years! Particularly QBs and WRs. The bright side is that I'll bet the entrance requirements will be opening some doors for that "element" a Briles craves.

He will have to change his boast from "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at BAYLOR and they LOVE football players," to "Do you like brown women? Because we have a lot of them at UTEP and they LOVE football players."

I think Nixon was president the last time they had a decent draft choice.

Does this mean you guys want me to order up your UTEP shirts now?
Dman
REX said:

boognish_bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

boognish_bear said:

Baby Briles to UTEP?

Here's the rub. I don't mind a "process" when it's coming from someone with a known track record and measuring stick to point to.

Our D for instance, i don't mind waiting to see what happens next year.

But our OC? He has no proven track record to deserve the same other than losses to UTEP and Liberty and a win against a Kansas. Rhule wanted Oregons OC. That didn't happen. If Rhule wants a 3rd year, He better go out this offseason and find one who will.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.