Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,070 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chanceux said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chanceux said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chanceux said:

Didn't UT play Bama for the natty not far back?

Recruiting stars matter boys. That's a fact. And the numbers bear it out.
Yeah, it's done wonders for UT since that loss.

Quarterbacks such as Garrett Gilbert, Case McCoy.

All those five star recruits and one bowl win, and 4 losing seasons since their natty embarrassment.

But hey, they're killing it in recruitment.

You really want me to show you recruiting rankings and compare'em to the top 25 over the past decade? You really think that's gonna prove you right?
It's a crutch if you depend on recruitment rankings over developing players that are right for your system.

UT and Aggy say hi to the five star hoarding, Daniel Snyder and Gundy have been building winners through scheme and three stars that fit it.
That ain't what I'm sayin. Sure as heck ya need coaching. But them programs sure as heck are not in the top 25 on the reg without top 25 cruitin classes. And Ok St. gets those. It ain't all about the 5 stars. But the stars matter big time. That's just a fact jack.
They're marketing, not reality. Never fall in love with stars or you'll get what Aggy and Ut get.

I'm close to a lot of former Briles' players, they all universally hated 5 star recruits, felt they were entitled.

It's hard to recall a team winning the national championship that didn't have a coupe of classes that finished in the top 10 in recruiting. Of course coaching is important but so is getting the most talented players. Briles was getting there before he got fired.
He was getting quarterbacks. He wasn't getting elite defenders.

Baylor wasn't going to beat Clemson and Alabama with the defenses he recruited.

He was getting a lot more than just elite qb's. But we will never know if he would've gotten there on defense. He recruited much better defensive talent as the years progressed. But even if we never got to Alabama level doesn't really matter. We should still be able to appreciate where he got us without being bitter he did win a natty.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chanceux said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chanceux said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chanceux said:

Didn't UT play Bama for the natty not far back?

Recruiting stars matter boys. That's a fact. And the numbers bear it out.
Yeah, it's done wonders for UT since that loss.

Quarterbacks such as Garrett Gilbert, Case McCoy.

All those five star recruits and one bowl win, and 4 losing seasons since their natty embarrassment.

But hey, they're killing it in recruitment.

You really want me to show you recruiting rankings and compare'em to the top 25 over the past decade? You really think that's gonna prove you right?
It's a crutch if you depend on recruitment rankings over developing players that are right for your system.

UT and Aggy say hi to the five star hoarding, Daniel Snyder and Gundy have been building winners through scheme and three stars that fit it.
That ain't what I'm sayin. Sure as heck ya need coaching. But them programs sure as heck are not in the top 25 on the reg without top 25 cruitin classes. And Ok St. gets those. It ain't all about the 5 stars. But the stars matter big time. That's just a fact jack.
They're marketing, not reality. Never fall in love with stars or you'll get what Aggy and Ut get.

I'm close to a lot of former Briles' players, they all universally hated 5 star recruits, felt they were entitled.

It's hard to recall a team winning the national championship that didn't have a coupe of classes that finished in the top 10 in recruiting. Of course coaching is important but so is getting the most talented players. Briles was getting there before he got fired.
He was getting quarterbacks. He wasn't getting elite defenders.

Baylor wasn't going to beat Clemson and Alabama with the defenses he recruited.

He was getting a lot more than just elite qb's. But we will never know if he would've gotten there on defense. He recruited much better defensive talent as the years progressed. But even if we never got to Alabama level doesn't really matter. We should still be able to appreciate where he got us without being bitter he did win a natty.
Yeah, we totally could've had Parrish Cobb, would've really boosted the image of the program.
Mothra
Yeah because anyone would have predicted Cobb would turn out bad, given the fact no one was recruiting him.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

Yeah because anyone would have predicted Cobb would turn out bad, given the fact no one was recruiting him.
No one was recruiting him? He was considered one of the most sought after corner recruits in the state, and hailed as a recruiting triumph to have a home grown Waco product stay home.

OU wrestled with Baylor for him. He went back to them after Briles was canned, and his dad whined to the press about letting him out of his letter of intent.

We really owe Cobb's dad a fruit basket of gratitude.

https://247sports.com/player/parrish-cobb-75537
Mothra
MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

No one was recruiting him? He was considered one of the most sought after corner recruits in the state, and hailed as a recruiting triumph to have a home grown Waco product stay home.

OU wrestled with Baylor for him. He went back to them after Briles was canned, and his dad whined to the press about letting him out of his letter of intent.

I was being sarcastic. There's no way anyone could have known Cobb would turn out the way he did.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

I was being sarcastic. There's no way anyone could have known Cobb would turn out the way he did.
I dunno, a helicopter dad, and a kid who's friends recruit him to commit felonies while he aspires to be an NFL talent probably had some red flags that were being ignored.

It's weird to see a kid who was projected as a guaranteed can't miss future millionaire throw it all away on an impulsive whim to commit armed robbery multiple times.
xiledinok
You don't lose to Liberty unless there is some talent defences.

13 pages.

Tomorrow, we ll get back on subject.
Mothra
Actually, a team with better talent can lose to a team with lesser talented for any number of reasons, including players taking the opponent lightly, players poorly coached, players not grasping the system, players being undisciplined, players missing assignments and out of alignment, and poor schemes - all of which contributed to the Liberty loss.

But you keep on blaming the lack of talent.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

Actually, a team with better talent can lose to a team with lesser talented for any number of reasons, including players taking the opponent lightly, players poorly coached, players not grasping the system, players being undisciplined, players missing assignments and out of alignment, and poor schemes - all of which contributed to the Liberty loss.

But you keep on blaming the lack of talent.
There is a defences. #11 reminded me off Randy Moss on Thanksgiving Day against the Cowboys almost 20 years.
I turned to the person next to me and ask who is #31. He told me and it made sense. 2 weeks on campus and he was already better and started taking on #11.
43 mistakes goes along with the "smart" trait on judging talent.
Mothra
Makes no sense whatsoever. Stay off the sauce while posting...
ColomboLQ
It must be nice for you living in LaLa Land.
ColomboLQ
xiledinok said:

You don't lose to Liberty unless there is some talent defences.

13 pages.

Tomorrow, we ll get back on subject.
I think you are the literally the only one left saying we don't have talent on this team. Believe it or not, there is this thing called coaching that plays a big part is losses to a team like Liberty.
MilliVanilli
ColomboLQ said:

It must be nice for you living in LaLa Land.
You should know, I live in your head.
xiledinok
Our defense was ranked in the 70s last season. Where was the talent? Baylor was missing 6 starters off that weak defense. Where were those 3 and 4 stars last season?
It was like watching riot police push around protesters when Liberty would line up and move the defensive line 5-7 yards to the left, right and center. Eventually, a defender or two would break through and tackle the back trying to slide by the defense.

Can the Blue Raiders upset Lame? Can Stanford produce 1,000 yards of offense? I sure hope so.
Malbec
Forum Tip: You can respond to a moron without quoting them and making the rest of us have to read their crap after we already have them blocked. Just use the little reply arrow instead of the quote marks. Very greatly obliged at the courtesy.
241Bear
We were a 16 pt. favorite over #15 UCF led by future NFL QB Blake Bortles in the Fiesta Bowl. We were a 34 pt. favorite over FCS Liberty. Give me Liberty as the more embarrassing loss.
Thee University
241Bear said:

We were a 16 pt. favorite over #15 UCF led by future NFL QB Blake Bortles in the Fiesta Bowl. We were a 34 pt. favorite over FCS Liberty. Give me Liberty as the more embarrassing loss.
I'll take San Jose State
Thee University
Time for the weekly results for all of you robe clingers STILL clutching that cloth.

Tape Fingers puts up 439 yards (252 rushing) on Middle Tennessee State

The Aggie just can't hold anyone under 500 yards. The Cardinal feasted on The Aggie's patented Baylor D. They have already given up around 1500 yards passing and just over 1000 rushing.

Oh how I long for the good ole days!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How about this:

OC Kendall Briles won his game against Middle Tennessee. It was their second win of the season.

DC CPB lost to Stanford. They are now 2-3

The complete game special team coached control the clock no track meet offense equal recruiting for offense and defense team of CMR lost their 5th game in a row,

What made you think this would be a fun thread Thee? Do you think this is funny?
DAC
Thee University said:

Time for the weekly results for all of you robe clingers STILL clutching that cloth.

The Aggie just can't hold anyone under 500 yards. The Cardinal feasted on The Aggie's patented Baylor D. They have already given up around 1500 yards passing and just over 1000 rushing.

Unbelievable that you are still posting
Boatshoes
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.

I bet you feel like a stupid mf'er this morning. Or are you too numb and dumb to feel anything these

Not all of the blame should be heaped upon Coach Rhule and his staff. They were dealt a short deck and it showed last night.
Short deck? This staff was dealt a better hand at the start of their tenure than every other Baylor headman...combined.
Mothra
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

How about this:

OC Kendall Briles won his game against Middle Tennessee. It was their second win of the season.

DC CPB lost to Stanford. They are now 2-3

The complete game special team coached control the clock no track meet offense equal recruiting for offense and defense team of CMR lost their 5th game in a row,

What made you think this would be a fun thread Thee? Do you think this is funny?
Yup. He's turned into an idiot and a laughing stock.

Used to love the guy. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Short deck? A bowl winning team a long contract and millions of dollars. Wow.
granite
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I know this is thread about the past and coaches that are no longer our concern, but this ^^^^ is the only thing that matters to me anymore. I don't care how schools in Arizona and Florida do these days but what is happening at BU concerns me. I fully support Baylor and CMR (at the moment) but yearn for the days that I was watching schools in some other part of the country because it might end up deciding whether we made the playoff or not.....we were close to making the playoff, just think about that for a second. oh well, maybe we can win the next one
xiledinok
Most of America wakes up this morning disappointed Middle Tennessee lost. Not that America roots for Middle Tennessee but rather the parties involved on FAU's staff.
You mention Lame and K Briles and you got fanbases rooting for their slaughter.

Bennett's 4 turnover philosophy might not pan out at Arizona State.

Lmao. Robe touching is unhealthy. This thread is for healthy discussion about our washouts.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Granite check the original post be thee. He thought it would be funny to compare CKB and CPB to CMR. He really thought a balanced team and a mediocre coach could win at Baylor. This thread is a testament to how delusional he really is.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Most of America wakes up this morning disappointed Middle Tennessee lost. Not that America roots for Middle Tennessee but rather the parties involved on FAU's staff.

Lmao. Robe touching is unhealthy. This thread is for healthy discussion about our washouts.
Nah, most of American didn't even know Middle Tennessee played, and could care less. Only a handful of bitter fans care (such as yourself).
Thee University
DAC said:

Thee University said:

Believable that you are still reading.
Quinton
Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

Again, who the hell are you? You claimed you have a tackles record. Seems like Singletary owns every one.
Malbec
Compounding said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

Again, who the hell are you? You claimed you have a tackles record. Seems like Singletary owns every one.
Mike doesn't have the JOTP record.
william
DAC said:

Thee University said:

You'll forgive the man if he's a bit giddy. Bud Jones removed the restraining order.

He's back in his corner booth - and all is right in his microcosm.

- KKM
Go Bears!
Thee University
Compounding said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

For your information I had more tackles than he did in the Peach and Cotton Bowls. He owns most of them but I still show up in the records section of the media guide and have for about 35 years now. No big deal. I was an average player who only got drafted in the 7th round of the 1981 NFL draft. I know nothing! I am nobody!

But I did wear the green and gold for 4 years, started 3+ years at one of the LB positions, called all of the defensive signals for 3+ years, was a team captain and is today a supporter of what Matt Rhule and his staff are trying to do. I am a realist. I am one who gets pissed when our program is tarred and feathered by a former staff that had no intention of remaining with us. They scorched the earth with questionable "bad dudes" but their plan went awry and they got caught.

I played the game for Baylor. You? You might have been on KOT 8 flag football team.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Nah, most of American didn't even know Middle Tennessee played, and could care less. Only a handful of bitter fans care (such as yourself).
Middle Tennessee has traditionally played a rough and tough non conference. Most in Murieca caring about football know Middle Tennessee played yesterday. It is not an unfamiliar name in college football.
Weekly update coming in a few days. Bitter? Only those involved can be bitter.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Middle Tennessee has traditionally played a rough and tough non conference. Most in Murieca caring about football know Middle Tennessee played yesterday. It is not an unfamiliar name in college football.
Weekly update coming in a few days. Bitter? Only those involved can be bitter.
No one cares about Middle Tennessee state but the handful of fans in middle Tennessee. And bitter Bear fans who still concern themselves with coaches who left the program, while their own coach has been an abysmal failure.

How are you liking that New York Giants pedigree?
xiledinok
I m dealing with this season. I saw the Home Opener. I knew we had major line issues and were in trouble.
You ready for Charlie Brewer? When is signing day? Normally, Oklahoma State ironically plays Baylor on the opening day of Black Bear season. Don't know why they moved it. You plan on visiting Stillwater?

Is this thread too much? Surely, you don't like people who tear up things out of bitterness. What was the 2016 season other than a protest? Maybe next time you should tell them to find another subject to protest while on the college football dime.

I ll take New York Giants pedigree. Bill Parcells and other great coaches earned their strips. They are the bluebloods of the NFL. The type of folks than prevent trash from associating with their league.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.