Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,115 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Private Pyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
His strategy made him $15mm.
Osodecentx
Thee University said:

303Bear said:

BearackObama said:

Skimmed over your dumb rant. Noticed you said Baylor has some smart people. Quit reading.

Why have you strayed away from the topic that you started?
The topic doesn't fit the chosen narrative, so revert to name calling. Its a defense mechanism.
Not really.

I learned this "language" when I got to Waco. It was part of my Baylor edumacation. I take these boards for what they are-entertainment with a little bit of football talk thrown in.

I know you read it all. I answer questions truthfully. That truth does not fit your Pollyanna,robe-clinging, spoiled brat background so you get you feelings hurt.
Robe touching sycophant

Future BOR
Mothra
MilliVanilli said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Krieg said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

BearTruth13 said:

He gave up 36 points per game the first 5 games of this season. He has had 2 great games. He has got 5 more games for the season. Let's see if my projection is correct. I'm betting he returns to the status quo.
"Status quo"? His "status quo" at Baylor was winning 10 games a year for the last few seasons. How horrible it must be. The defensive recruits in the 2016 class were some of the best we'd ever hauled in.
We won in spite of The Aggie!

Had Art gotten a real, aggressive and motivated DC we would have parlayed those 10 games a year into 12 or 13 wins per season.

Had any of you jock worshippers and robe clingers actually strapped on a jock yourself past juice box football you would understand the cost of letting The Aggie ride us down.

Our defense didn't win a single game for us. They sure as heck cost us a couple.
2013 @ KSU and @TCU game winning interceptions both.

I hadn't seen Thee University's posts in awhile but I enjoy and appreciate his passion. It's kinda heartening to see that he still has some optimism about Rhule.

He HATED Briles while he was winning conference titles. Him liking Rhule isn't necessarily a positive.
He's not always right, but I still appreciate his passion for Baylor football, and to have an old school guy respecting Rhule I think is a big positive.
He also smelled the rot in the Briles regime lurking under the surface when most people were blinded by 70-7 throttlings of Wofford and ignoring Fiesta Bowl upsets and Cotton Bowl meltdowns and discipline problems that made them possible and were indicative of a carefree culture behind it all.

Lol. Speaking of revisionist history...

Thee didn't foresee or predict any of what transpired the last couple of years. He was hysterical about scheduling patsies, lack of defense and "dancing nugs."

And don't you worry about those Fiesta or cotton bowl losses. We won't be sniffing such bowls anytime soon.
Thee University
Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Krieg said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

BearTruth13 said:

He gave up 36 points per game the first 5 games of this season. He has had 2 great games. He has got 5 more games for the season. Let's see if my projection is correct. I'm betting he returns to the status quo.
"Status quo"? His "status quo" at Baylor was winning 10 games a year for the last few seasons. How horrible it must be. The defensive recruits in the 2016 class were some of the best we'd ever hauled in.

Had Art gotten a real, aggressive and motivated DC we would have parlayed those 10 games a year into 12 or 13 wins per season.

Had any of you jock worshippers and robe clingers actually strapped on a jock yourself past juice box football you would understand the cost of letting The Aggie ride us down.

Our defense didn't win a single game for us. They sure as heck cost us a couple.

I hadn't seen Thee University's posts in awhile but I enjoy and appreciate his passion. It's kinda heartening to see that he still has some optimism about Rhule.

He HATED Briles while he was winning conference titles. Him liking Rhule isn't necessarily a positive.
He's not always right, but I still appreciate his passion for Baylor football, and to have an old school guy respecting Rhule I think is a big positive.
He also smelled the rot in the Briles regime lurking under the surface when most people were blinded by 70-7 throttlings of Wofford and ignoring Fiesta Bowl upsets and Cotton Bowl meltdowns and discipline problems that made them possible and were indicative of a carefree culture behind it all.

Thee didn't foresee or predict any of what transpired the last couple of years. He was hysterical about scheduling patsies, lack of defense and "dancing nugs."

And don't you worry about those Fiesta or cotton bowl losses. We won't be sniffing such bowls anytime soon.
LOL!

It was so easy to see the implosion coming. Not some of my proudest accomplishments because it was too obvious where we were headed. The 3 you mention were an embarrassment to Baylor.

Do you recall my weekly ( for the past several seasons) all caps LACK of DISCIPLINE, lack of DEFENSE, lack of SPECIAL TEAMS and then Wofford, SMU, and other patsie parades bringing humiliation to Baylor. I called it YEARS in advance!

The Dancing Nuggs rarely made my list because they were toothless and funny to watch.

Still batting a thousand.
303Bear
You called nothing. You were angry and bitter when we were good, now you cheerlead when we are awful and continue to pound your chest.

What have you seen this year that gives you hope for the future, specifically?
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Krieg said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

BearTruth13 said:

LOL!

It was so easy to see the implosion coming. Not some of my proudest accomplishments because it was too obvious where we were headed. The 3 you mention were an embarrassment to Baylor.

Do you recall my weekly ( for the past several seasons) all caps LACK of DISCIPLINE, lack of DEFENSE, lack of SPECIAL TEAMS and then Wofford, SMU, and other patsie parades bringing humiliation to Baylor. I called it YEARS in advance!

The Dancing Nuggs rarely made my list because they were toothless and funny to watch.

The #CAB crowd have chosen the hill they wish to die on, and are determined to try and fatigue us all with the same rants ad nauseam. At least we know that they're nothing but bandwagoners once the Rhule way of doing things gets sorted out and they'll proceed to pretend they loved him all along.
Thee University
303Bear said:

You called nothing. You were angry and bitter when we were good, now you cheerlead when we are awful and continue to pound your chest.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

It all boils down to this: I WANTED MORE FOR THOSE GREAT BRILES TEAMS THAN YOU AND YOUR LOSER KIND WANTED.

YOU WERE PENLAND ORGASMIC TO JUST WIN 1 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP & ALLOW WEST VIRGINIA TO FORCE US TO SHARE ANOTHER TITLE WITH TCU. I WANTED MORE BUT KNEW WE WOULD NEVER GET THERE DOING THE SAME THING EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS!

I was angry that Briles would not address blatant shortcomings in DEFENSE & SPECIAL TEAMS because I knew we could not make it to the Final Four without changes in those two areas. Because I had been part of a team that got to the edge of greatness and did not make it (10-1 in 1980) I knew how important it was to be hitting on all cylinders. I wanted more. You were content to settle for less than the players assembled were capable of.

I cheerlead now just as I cheered for Reedy, Roberts, Steele & Morriss in Year 1 & a few times into Year 2. We are not awful. We are getting better and better.

Every program has a few like you. You have your place. Know your place. Embrace your place. We need you!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
bs What is worse than being winless?

Lamar

Duke

UTSA

Please explain how we could be worse.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
marco
xiledinok said:

marco said:

I hope no one is so nave that they believe that rape wasn't happening when Thee and his crew were on campus. They just benefitted from a culture of **** shaming that is part and parcel of the religious right and the second class nature of women in their patriarchal society. Times have changed and once again there needs to be a scapegoat. First it was Jesus, then it was Art..
W T F.

ROBE TOUCHING!

He played the PR game and made poor choices.
His strategy was so far off course it essential damaged his brand.
You have your cart in front of your misogynist horse.
303Bear
Thee University said:

I cheerlead now just as I cheered for Reedy, Roberts, Steele & Morriss in Year 1 & a few times into Year 2. We are not awful. We are getting better and better.

What are you seeing on the field that makes you say this?

xiledinok
You are a damn fool comparing Briles to Jesus Christ.
Go ahead and keep preaching that non sense.

$25 million? Ridiculous number. Must be another one of CABs lawyers.
Bragging about taking education money from a school is another reason no one wants a part outside of a few hangers at Baylor.
Again, the lack of situational awareness shines through for the world to shake its head in disgust.
Gust Avrakotos
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Krieg said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

BearTruth13 said:

LOL!

Thee do you like Jersey's version of the toothless NUGGS? Those boys can dance.
Thee University
Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Krieg said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

BearTruth13 said:

LOL!

Thee do you like Jersey's version of the toothless NUGGS? Those boys can dance.
Janet Reno Dance Party.

Gust Avrakotos
Not sure what that means....

But the fact is...you are certainly more subdued by Jersey's NUGGS than you were with Briles. You wanted to talk about Briles NUGGS all the time...but nary a peep about Jersey's.

I get it....you like it that we run the ball up the middle on 3rd and 10. You like it that we run a BIG offense and have thick necks. You like it that we win the prize on reps of 225.

Just come out and say it.

Gust
Thee University
Gust Avrakotos said:

Not sure what that means....

But the fact is...you are certainly more subdued by Jersey's NUGGS than you were with Briles. You wanted to talk about Briles NUGGS all the time...but nary a peep about Jersey's.

I get it....you like it that we run the ball up the middle on 3rd and 10. You like it that we run a BIG offense and have thick necks. You like it that we win the prize on reps of 225.

Just come out and say it.

Gust
All I've seen this season is some towel popping. Disappointed.

You get nothing. And you liked it.

ColomboLQ
303Bear said:

Thee University said:

I think he sees that we are starting to excel on backdoor covers in Vegas. With how often he talks about bending over and pounding keister, I'm starting to think Baylor covering through the backdoor is EXACTLY how he likes it.
Jacques Strap
ColomboLQ said:

303Bear said:

Thee University said:

I think he sees that we are starting to excel on backdoor covers in Vegas. With how often he talks about bending over and pounding keister, I'm starting to think Baylor covering through the backdoor is EXACTLY how he likes it.
Neither the won loss record nor statistical measurements reveal meaningful improvement. All that's left is the subjective "eye test" to suggest the team is improving. Negative rushing yards against the #99 rush defense at halftime last weekend. At home. Let's face it, we are awful.
303Bear
Jacques Strap said:

ColomboLQ said:

303Bear said:

Thee University said:

Neither the won loss record nor statistical measurements reveal meaningful improvement. All that's left is the subjective "eye test" to suggest the team is improving. Negative rushing yards against the #99 rush defense at halftime last weekend. At home. Let's face it, we are awful.
This is about where I am at. We are "better" in some respects during a given game or quarter. We have yet to put together a full game where either side of the ball played "well" or even close to as good as I think they are capable.

I expect this Saturday to be another KST game, where we try to out smash mouth a team that is better equipped to do that.

For all of Thee's squawking about the former coaching staff, I find it odd that he is so silent on the merits or issues apparent in the current staff. It is a convenient safety blanket for him to say he is giving this staff a year, and that may well be a fair position, but there are objective observations that can be made 7 games into a 12 game season with a 0-7 record and losses to three bad teams.
MilliVanilli
marco said:

I hope no one is so nave that they believe that rape wasn't happening when Thee and his crew were on campus. They just benefitted from a culture of **** shaming that is part and parcel of the religious right and the second class nature of women in their patriarchal society. Times have changed and once again there needs to be a scapegoat. First it was Jesus, then it was Art..
Art = Jesus in #CAB world, remarkable.

You really are an insufferable bunch so grotesquely divorced from reality by your idol worship.
Mothra
Thee University said:

303Bear said:

It all boils down to this: I WANTED MORE FOR THOSE GREAT BRILES TEAMS THAN YOU AND YOUR LOSER KIND WANTED.

YOU WERE PENLAND ORGASMIC TO JUST WIN 1 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP & ALLOW WEST VIRGINIA TO FORCE US TO SHARE ANOTHER TITLE WITH TCU. I WANTED MORE BUT KNEW WE WOULD NEVER GET THERE DOING THE SAME THING EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS!

I was angry that Briles would not address blatant shortcomings in DEFENSE & SPECIAL TEAMS because I knew we could not make it to the Final Four without changes in those two areas. Because I had been part of a team that got to the edge of greatness and did not make it (10-1 in 1980) I knew how important it was to be hitting on all cylinders. I wanted more. You were content to settle for less than the players assembled were capable of.

Every program has a few like you. You have your place. Know your place. Embrace your place. We need you!
It's a shame Briles didn't listen to your bellyaching. If only he had listened and employed your easy solution, we would have won multiple nattys.

But hey, now that he's gone, at least we don't have to worry about sharing conference championships anymore, or losses in the Fiesta Bowl. Being bad again should lower your blood pressure.
Mothra
MilliVanilli said:

marco said:

You really are an insufferable bunch so grotesquely divorced from reality by your idol worship.
More irony...
Jacques Strap
303Bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

ColomboLQ said:

303Bear said:

Thee University said:

This is about where I am at. We are "better" in some respects during a given game or quarter. We have yet to put together a full game where either side of the ball played "well" or even close to as good as I think they are capable.

I expect this Saturday to be another KST game, where we try to out smash mouth a team that is better equipped to do that.

For all of Thee's squawking about the former coaching staff, I find it odd that he is so silent on the merits or issues apparent in the current staff. It is a convenient safety blanket for him to say he is giving this staff a year, and that may well be a fair position, but there are objective observations that can be made 7 games into a 12 game season with a 0-7 record and losses to three bad teams.
Concur with 303. Even bad teams have an occasional scoring drive where they look good or even a good quarter of play as we saw in the WVU game. But the penalties, mental mistakes, bad angles, missed tackles, missed blocks, wrong reads and other assorted things that cause losses accumulate over the course of a game and that is why awful teams lose. If you shoot >100 in golf you are awful even thought you may hit a few good shots or sink a long putt.
xiledinok
These robe touchers equate Briles to Jesus while the rest of the world thinks he is on par with Sandusky.

Still waiting for what Briles and chomo Sandusky have in common. Not a hard question.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

These robe touchers equate Briles to Jesus while the rest of the world thinks he is on par with Sandusky.

Still waiting for what Briles and chomo Sandusky have in common. Not a hard question.
Not much. One is a convicted child molester and rapist. The other was negligent at worst in overseeing his program.

Not much in common.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Not much. One is a convicted child molester and rapist. The other was negligent at worst in overseeing his program.

Not much in common.

Both of them helped get Matt Rhule a job.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

303Bear said:

It's a shame Briles didn't listen to your bellyaching. If only he had listened and employed your easy solution, we would have won multiple nattys.

But hey, now that he's gone, at least we don't have to worry about sharing conference championships anymore, or losses in the Fiesta Bowl. Being bad again should lower your blood pressure.
Go back and read my post again.

And again.

Once more just to be certain. Let me know when you and a few others are ready to come home to the green & gold.
Private Pyle
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

303Bear said:

Go back and read my post again.

And again.

Once more just to be certain. Let me know when you and a few others are ready to come home to the green & gold.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Not much in common.
Not much in common? They have a big thing in common. Not a pretty picture but it is true. For such a big badass on these rogue regents and Art's pissing match, you need to choke up. Strike one!

It is difficult but things tend to go badly when you get a big check and start a pr war with well connected people. I must have missed a part in one of Art's books where he tells us that go ahead and bully up on people who pay you off graciously. The only person who plays the victim card worse than him is none other than Brenda T. Both are followed like heroes by people who don't have a clue.
Mothra
Unfortunately your stream of conscience rant is damn near indiscernible. No there is almost nothing in common between Sandusky and Briles. I know you wish it weren't so but it is. Sandusky will be in prison the rest of his life. Briles will be enjoying his millions while playing with the grandkids.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

Unfortunately your stream of conscience rant is damn near indiscernible. No there is almost nothing in common between Sandusky and Briles. I know you wish it weren't so but it is. Sandusky will be in prison the rest of his life. Briles will be enjoying his millions while playing with the grandkids.

Strike two. Just wait until those grandkids can read online.
What do Jerry and Art have in common? It is not difficult.
Open your eyes! You are still trying to convince everyone Art bears no responsibility.
SoTexBear
Vs. OU, KSU, and WVU we had a margin of -45 in 2016.
Vs. OU, KSU, and WVU we have a margin of -23 in 2017.

Does everyone forget that we were 0-6 to close out the regular season last year?
c/o 1993
Proud husband to another Bear and dad to a current Bear and future Bear!
Mothra
Not a thing. Sorry to disappoint.

And I never said Briles didn't do anything wrong. I said he doesn't compare to Sandusky. Anyone who says he does ain't that smart.
Mothra
I suspect playing WVU and OU at home helped the margin of victory. Nevertheless, if your point is we've been ad for a while now I agree. UT will be telling.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

Not a thing. Sorry to disappoint.

And I never said Briles didn't do anything wrong. I said he doesn't compare to Sandusky. Anyone who says he does ain't that smart.
Didn't ask about how the compare. What do they have in common?
The robe touchers won't mix you in with the adolescent boys getting gay conversion treatment if you answer.
Think like a Wall Street Journal reading Republican.
Private Pyle
SoTexBear said:

Vs. OU, KSU, and WVU we had a margin of -45 in 2016.
Vs. OU, KSU, and WVU we have a margin of -23 in 2017.

Does everyone forget that we were 0-6 to close out the regular season last year?

But we did that on purpose. Then we destroyed Boise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.