Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,089 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.
BUBear24
In fairness I think CPB was the only coach to give a damn all season... only problem was with his D you couldn't tell lol
MilliVanilli
Lil' Biles had a sensational debut against mighty Navy.
Jorkel
Might Navy is pretty good though
MilliVanilli
Jorkel said:

An old school option team surely is no match for the power of Lil Briles spread attack.
ScottS
We know Thee is rooting for both of them.
chukronos
CPB was the only coach to give a damn about this team last year. His Defense was terrible, though.
Thee University
chukronos said:

CPB was the only coach to give a damn about this team last year. His Defense was terrible, though.
Not so sure about that (the caring part!). I think he was still pissed that he could not get his kids lined up correctly even after being on the job for 6 years.
Thee University
Hey at least he has one of his family members on staff at ASU!
PartyBear
The only thing that will end Thee's obsession with the last staff is if the new one also exposes the Teaff era for what it was --pretty mediocre. Then there will be nit picky attempts to create a hot seat for them.
Thee University
PartyBear said:

The only thing that will end Thee's obsession with the last staff is if the new one also exposes the Teaff era for what it was --pretty mediocre. Then there will be nit picky attempts to create a hot seat for them.
Wrong! I've posted numerous times that the 1980 SWC Champs benefitted from a weaker than usual SWC which was evidenced by our winning the SWC by 3 games. I feel the exact same thing happened when Art won one and then shared one with Patterson because he was never able to win out in conference play like we did in 1980.

I am obsessed because I felt they actually UNDERachieved because Art paid little attention to Defense and Special Teams, the cornerstones of a great program. I am obsessed because they were given the most ever provided for a Baylor Football team and squandered most of it away by allowing the players to run free all over Baylor and Waco with very little DISCIPLINE. I am obsessed because my NFL/USFL teammates made fun of our single dimensional program and still to this day give us very little credit for doing so well.

No hot seat. All new coaches get a few years kitchen passes with me. We will be able to tell though by the end of the season what we have to look forward to.

Obsession finally grew into disappointment and humiliation compliments of a runaway program that neither Ian nor Starr could control.

LBKBEAR
Thee, don't you complain about people talking about the old coaches? Maybe I'm misremembering your posts on Baylorfans. I thought you didn't like the pencil neck etc etc etc posters talking about them. Maybe I'm misremembering.
Stranger
Can we have a sub-category for Charlie Strong updates?
I'm a Bearbacker
Chanceux
You boys up in the CTE lounge gotta move on. Tell the wifey yer low on the lithium!
80sBEAR
You should worry more about what is happening in Waco right now. It is not pretty.
DAC
Thee University said:

This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.

Lmao at you!!
80sBEAR
I am just thankful that Thee decided to miss this cream puff game. What should scare the living $h!t out of everyone here is that UTSA ain't no Liberty. Better grow some nuts at halftime!!!
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Mothra
Thee, is Baylor underachieving tonight or is this that mighty defense we can expect now that CPB is gone? Pray tell?
RegentCoverup
MilliVanilli said:

Jorkel said:

An old school option team surely is no match for the power of Lil Briles spread attack.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Navy recruits by telling prospects there are plenty of white women that want to screw them silly in Annapolis.

In fact, it's my understanding they fill a submarine with other dudes and go to sea for months on end.

80sBEAR
Hello Thee. You think Phil Bennett would be interested in coming back? It does not appear to me that we have upgraded!
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
granite
I miss CPB
BornABear
I miss the good 'Ole days. I even miss the 90 yards of penaties.
ilbb990912
Anyone care to start a non-conference upgrade discussion?
Golden Helmet
Thee...I hated them when the we're here and I can't wait till their gone so I can start new threads discussing them on BaylorFans....

granite
I miss Norwood....
DAC
Thee University said:

I bet you feel like a stupid mf'er this morning. Or are you too numb and dumb to feel anything these days?
Forest Bueller
MilliVanilli said:

You are joking right.

Navy would destroy the team Baylor put on the field last night.
By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
la1037
Art Briles or Jim Grobe or Dave Roberts or Hilary Clinton would not have lost to Liberty with our current talent. Only sour grapes keep you from seeing that.
DAC
Forest Bueller said:

MilliVanilli said:

You are joking right.

So would FAU
Boatshoes
Forest Bueller said:

Yeah, that triple option would go through a Rhule/Snow defense like crap through a goose.
Golden Helmet
See Temple vs Navy last season....

Go check it out.
Thee University
DAC said:

Thee University said:

I bet you feel like a stupid mf'er this morning. Or are you too numb and dumb to feel anything these days?
Actually I feel good. Damn good.

My comments are still correct. Kendall and The Aggie blow and they started off in their new roles just like they left us. Again, the fact that BU is not giving them free money comforts me.

Not sure what you are referring to about being a stupid mf'er.
80sBEAR
Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

My comments are still correct. Kendall and The Aggie blow and they started off in their new roles just like they left us. Again, the fact that BU is not giving them free money comforts me.

Yet you have no problem whatsoever with Baylor paying Briles $15 - $25 million to go away. SMFH.
Thee University
80sBEAR said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

Yet you have no problem whatsoever with Baylor paying Briles $15 - $25 million to go away. SMFH.
Nope. I have no problems with BU severing ties with him after his UT debacle, his lack of control and how he allowed his kids to represent our great university.

Be a man and tell me what SMFH means. I'm not a millenial like you.

NONE of that $15M or so given to the carpetbagger was my $$$$. It did not hurt me a bit.
80sBEAR
Thee University said:

80sBEAR said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

Nope. I have no problems with BU severing ties with him after his UT debacle, his lack of control and how he allowed his kids to represent our great university.

Be a man and tell me what SMFH means. I'm not a millenial like you.

NONE of that $15M or so given to the carpetbagger was my $$$$. It did not hurt me a bit.
Boy we represented last night. Peace and Kumbaya. Good to learn that we paid Briles in Monopoly money. I feel better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.