Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,198 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Chanceux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xiledinok said:

I was at Liberty.
Like I said anywhere people are breathing. Sea to shining sea.
Speaking of Oklahoma, there's an exotic zoo off of I-35 South of Norman. I found employment for some folks you might know in need of money.

Us native Texans can spot trash a mile away. Oklahoma might be the only place you might find people who think your boys are intelligent. There are a bunch of humble poor folk. In fact, didn't one of the major losers that caused this mess graduate from the University of Oklahoma?
Barry Switzer talks about OU less than you. Not everything that happens in Oklahoma has a connection to Baylor. But dadgummed if you don't try to make one!

Mind. Numbin'. That's all that can be said. If you can make it one day without talkin' bout Oklahoma it'd be a dadgummed genuined miracle.
Thee University
Dman said:

GoldMind said:

Dman said:

Wow. So thankful for the premium side of this board. I now see where the dredges of baylorfans like Thee and Milli have landed. And true to form his fascination with Briles is still going strong. I've never seen anything like it. He's literally incapable of moving on. Good luck guys. Just remember with these two, debating a fool is a pointless effort. It can only bring you down. It's been a breath of fresh air not seeing their dribble.
Come, brother. Leave this pile of trailer filth and never look back. We premium members stand for reason, justice and we are enlightened. Dont stand for this madness any longer.

Btw, I think its chest day. Ill text you.

Wise words. Wise words. I feel bad now. Thee is such an easy target. I should feel pity, nothing more...He played before there were concussion protocols.

Chest day?! Let the texts begin.
Easy target? You have not landed a shot yet. Were you Kokernot or Martin?
xiledinok
It is probably the guilt I feel that my tax dollars paid for Lebby's education.
I guess we should have paid more for some common sense and sociology class.

I know that Baylor needs to beat the best teams. It is a college football board. Those teams must be taken down.
Thee University
BoatsNHos said:

Thee, weren't you just on here a week ago informing us that you were re-evaluating how much time you spend on Baylor message boards and needed to prioritize what is important in life? (BTW, when you go all in and support a coach that loses The Falwell Flop and to UTSA in consecutive weeks, that is typically what happens). Ask Gibby, he re-prioritized after going all in on Steele only to return with his tail between his legs.

What was the outcome of your evaluation on re-prioritizing? Your posting activity appears to be as frequent as any time in the past.

If you answer this tough question, I promise not to ask any more for 1 week. I know you don't like tough questions.

WAC
Confession.......I'm here for the entertainment. I can't help it but I also enjoy reading delusional BS.

There are only a handful of realists posting here. Know nothing of the "premium" posters but suspect them to be even whiter white bread.

I like good BS no matter if it is pro or anti Rhule.

I post at the same pace the La Llorona crowd tosses out a woe is me remembrance. They need help and I believe I can bring them back.
Gust Avrakotos
Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

Thee, weren't you just on here a week ago informing us that you were re-evaluating how much time you spend on Baylor message boards and needed to prioritize what is important in life? (BTW, when you go all in and support a coach that loses The Falwell Flop and to UTSA in consecutive weeks, that is typically what happens). Ask Gibby, he re-prioritized after going all in on Steele only to return with his tail between his legs.

What was the outcome of your evaluation on re-prioritizing? Your posting activity appears to be as frequent as any time in the past.

If you answer this tough question, I promise not to ask any more for 1 week. I know you don't like tough questions.

WAC
Confession.......I'm here for the entertainment. I can't help it but I also enjoy reading delusional BS.

There are only a handful of realists posting here. Know nothing of the "premium" posters but suspect them to be even whiter white bread.

I post at the same pace the La Llorona crowd tosses out a woe is me remembrance. They need help and I believe I can bring them back.
So Thee, I must ask another tough question because my first tough question was not directly answered.

It is my understanding that you have now completed the evaluation of your priorities and "Baylor Message Boards" won out because the entertainment value of this website trumps other things. Correct?

I guarantee you that if you answer this tough question "directly", it will be my final tough question of the day.

WAC
WoodsBear

For your entertainment, a "song" about

Pencil Necked Geeks

Enjoy
Thee University
BoatsNHos said:

Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

WAC

So Thee, I must ask another tough question because my first tough question was not directly answered.

It is my understanding that you have now completed the evaluation of your priorities and "Baylor Message Boards" won out because the entertainment value of this website trumps other things. Correct?

I guarantee you that if you answer this tough question "directly", it will be my final tough question of the day.

WAC
Let me help you out. What do you want my answer to be?

Thee University
WoodsBear said:

Pencil Necked Geeks

Enjoy

Perfect example
Thee University
WoodsBear said:

Pencil Necked Geeks

Enjoy

Perfect example
Mothra
xiledinok said:

This was a Bennett and K Briles thread. It has been attacked by Briles resident ass kissers.

Why begin a thread about Bennett and K Briles at all? They've having more success than Baylor.

Yours and Thee's obsession is borderline unhealthy.

Dispense with the strawmen and own up to your stupidity.
Mothra
Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

WAC

The irony - a delusional fan who pissed on Baylor's success and proclaimed that Rhule and any number of coaches could come here and do better than Briles - calling others delusional.
Gust Avrakotos
Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

WAC

WAC
Let me help you out. What do you want my answer to be?

factual
xiledinok
Stupidity is posting they have actually had success or more success.
Bennett needs to just stay at an extended stay hotel in Tempe. I don't think an apartment lease will be necessary.
FAU is FAU.

This is a healthy thread. You ll get plenty of entertainment with those two coaching. However, fairytale endings will not be happening anytime soon.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Stupidity is posting they have actually had success or more success.
Bennett needs to just stay at an extended stay hotel in Tempe. I don't think an apartment lease will be necessary.
FAU is FAU.

This is a healthy thread. You ll get plenty of entertainment with those two coaching. However, fairytale endings will not be happening anytime soon.

Tell me, what are Phil's and Kendal's records compared to Rhule's? And then tell me, how many points and yards has Phil given up as opposed to Snow? How many points has Kendal scored as compared to Nixon?

I'll hang up and listen.
xiledinok
It's Lame and Todd's records, not Kendal or Phil's record.
Aggie churned out wads of garbage. New Mexico State's offense looked great to the point El Paso Coronado wants to play NSU. Texas Tech did what they always do to El Chico defense.
Bethune Cookman win is familiar type wins for Briles' klan.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Aggie churned out wads of garbage. New Mexico State's offense looked great to the point El Paso Coronado wants to play NSU. Texas Tech did what they always do to El Chico defense.

Care to answer the questions? No? Ok, how about this: How many wins do the teams have compared to Baylor?

I'll hang up and listen.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Care to answer the questions? No? Ok, how about this: How many wins do the teams have compared to Baylor?

I'll hang up and listen.
They have wins over New Mexico State and Bethune Cookman.
El Paso Dorado won't schedule New Mexico State. New Mexico State probably backed out playing Odessa Permian. They have two more combined wins than Baylor. Is that something they should be proud?

Compare and contrast...Fau updates are entertainment. Only people who have crippled hands and cannot change the channel are going to get stuck on FAU unless Alabama or FSU is pounding them.
Todd Graham updates are great too...he's a legend in his own mind. He hired his son too and he was fired at ASU. Do you think Baylor should have massively fired Briles' support staff and assistants for the situation they helped mismanage?
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

I'll hang up and listen.
They have wins over New Mexico State and Bethune Cookman.
El Paso Dorado won't schedule New Mexico State. New Mexico State probably backed out playing Odessa Permian. They have two more combined wins than Baylor. Is that something they should be proud?

Compare and contrast...Fau updates are entertainment. Only people who have crippled hands and cannot change the channel are going to get stuck on FAU unless Alabama or FSU is pounding them.
Todd Graham updates are great too...he's a legend in his own mind. He hired his son too and he was fired at ASU. Do you think Baylor should have massively fired Briles' support staff and assistants for the situation they helped mismanage?
So who has more wins again?
xiledinok
Todd and Lame have 1 more win a piece. Helluva an accomplishment.
The high school teams have more wins since it is about winning.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Todd and Lame have 1 more win a piece. Helluva an accomplishment.
The high school teams have more wins since it is about winning.
Thanks for answering. I knew you could do it. I know that must have been difficult, given your predictions of grandeur for Rhule.

Here's some friendly advice: stop worrying about coaches who no longer work for us, and start worrying about the **** show that is our current football team. I am sure it has you questioning your premise that the NY Giants pedigree makes Rhule automatically better than Briles.
xiledinok
It is not that difficult. I figured if the former staff left us with anything that could adjust to the new offense it would be 8 wins.
I knew after Liberty it could be a one win or two win season. Watching our line not being able to block any team with their hands starting on the ground made me realize why they were playing freshmen.

I m glad you can celebrate my bad prediction. I haven't lost money on it because I don't bet on things until I see the product.
For a guy complaining about RG3, I m surprised you have issues with Rhule cleaning house and weeding out guys. I was reminded by an Oklahoma State fan that Gundy disposed of his thug issues that Les Miles had on campus. Gundy also had a really bad 1st year.

You love giving advice to people you don't know. Do you expect to be tipped for it? I d be more concerned about myself than life lecturing others. This thread will live on and you can suffer reading it.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

It is not that difficult. I figured if the former staff left us with anything that could adjust to the new offense it would be 8 wins.
I knew after Liberty it could be a one win or two win season. Watching our line not being able to block any team with their hands starting on the ground made me realize why they were playing freshmen.

I m glad you can celebrate my bad prediction. I haven't lost money on it because I don't bet on things until I see the product.
For a guy complaining about RG3, I m surprised you have issues with Rhule cleaning house and weeding out guys. I was reminded by an Oklahoma State fan that Gundy disposed of his thug issues that Les Miles had on campus. Gundy also had a really bad 1st year.

You love giving advice to people you don't know. Do you expect to be tipped for it? I d be more concerned about myself than life lecturing others. This thread will live on and you can suffer reading it.
As Urban Meyer suggested, good coaches should be able to take the talent they have an adapt to it. I suppose Rhule's NY pedigree has not helped him in that regard, has it? 3-4 star players aren't bad by any stretch. They should be enough to win more than 1 game for you. They just don't have a coach who can adapt and knows how to get the best out of them. It's a shame.

Believe me, the fact that your predictions were moronic is only the silver lining in this situation. I knew your prognostications were idiotic. I tried to tell you, but your Briles hatred clouded any semblance of objectivity. Any reasonable person that knew much about football could have told you as such, and many tried. But as my dad used to say, you remained eaten up with the dumb@ss. It's a pity. I used to think you were a smart, reasonable poster. Boy was I wrong.
xiledinok
It is always about hate when it comes to Briles.
One wiseman who wasn't a Christian businessman gave me good advice many years ago.
"Concern yourself with yourself." Good advice to live by on things one cannot control.
Thee and I are not the types that let internet bulletin boards effect our day to day lives. The insults just give us fuel to laugh and keep posting.
I guess you didn't like my posts about batting 1.000 or .750 etc...I pitch info, I don't have to hit it or try to discredit it.
It's been a year this Saturday when it was revealed that our regent chair sold ***** pumps and toys for sexual gratification. It was apparent most alumni knew very little what happened at Baylor and who the main parties were with our mess. Those people gravitate to Briles. I can assure you that it wasn't placed on Baylorfans to help Briles. It did give robe touchers something to leach onto for happiness.
There's people who still actually believe Art has clean hands. Of course, they probably believe in Santa. It is pure hero worship. What has he done for you other than soil your alma mater's reputation?
The only ones I see get upset like you have an interest in the outcome of our situation at Baylor. Good b.s. entertains us while guys like yourself get angry and mad. Emotionally, only 80sBear is the only guy I worry about because he is upset and is a true fan.

So, who has FAU and ASU on the table this weekend?
Mothra
xiledinok said:

One wiseman who wasn't a Christian businessman gave me good advice many years ago.
"Concern yourself with yourself." Good advice to live by on things one cannot control.
Thee and I are not the types that let internet bulletin boards effect our day to day lives. The insults just give us fuel to laugh and keep posting.
I guess you didn't like my posts about batting 1.000 or .750 etc...I pitch info, I don't have to hit it or try to discredit it.
It's been a year this Saturday when it was revealed that our regent chair sold ***** pumps and toys for sexual gratification. It was apparent most alumni knew very little what happened at Baylor and who the main parties were with our mess. Those people gravitate to Briles.
There's people who still actually believe Art has clean hands. Of course, they probably believe in Santa. It is pure hero worship. What has done for you other than soil your alma mater's reputation?
The only ones I see get upset like you have an interest in the outcome of our situation at Baylor. Good b.s. entertains us while guys like yourself get angry and mad. Emotionally, only 80sBear is the only guy I worry about because he is upset and is a true fan.

Sorry, but unable to decipher your stream of conscious rant. I am upset with the product on the field because I have had season tickets since '99, and would prefer to see a team that at the very least looks well-coached instead of the drivel we've been subjected to. Most true fans of Baylor are concerned with the product on the field, and would like to see it improve.

If that's not you, I would suggest some self-examination is in order for you to determine if you are a true fan.

P.S. Lay off the sauce.
xiledinok
I m laughing. Too early for sauce. Try 1pm Saturday. It will come in handy.
Baylor looked like **** last year. The tank should have had you really upset. It cannot be corrected over night.

Arizona State's coach, will be head coach in January? Update thread.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

It's been a year this Saturday when it was revealed that our regent chair sold ***** pumps and toys for sexual gratification. It was apparent most alumni knew very little what happened at Baylor and who the main parties were with our mess. Those people gravitate to Briles.
There's people who still actually believe Art has clean hands. Of course, they probably believe in Santa. It is pure hero worship. What has done for you other than soil your alma mater's reputation?

Sorry, but unable to decipher your stream of conscious rant. I am upset with the product on the field because I have had season tickets since '99, and would prefer to see a team that at the very least looks well-coached instead of the drivel we've been subjected to. Most true fans of Baylor are concerned with the product on the field, and would like to see it improve.

If that's not you, I would suggest some self-examination is in order for you to determine if you are a true fan.

P.S. Lay off the sauce.
Good advice there for X, he does need to lay off of something.

Consider. Did the defense look "better coached" against Duke than it did against Liberty? I think so. They are making progress. The offense will jell, too. Give them time, they'll get through these storms. They have already been through the fire. Better days are ahead.
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

P.S. Lay off the sauce.
Good advice there for X, he does need to lay off of something.

Consider. Did the defense look "better coached" against Duke than it did against Liberty? I think so. They are making progress. The offense will jell, too. Give them time, they'll get through these storms. They have already been through the fire. Better days are ahead.
Yes. Agreed on the defense. Not as bad as it looked in previous games. I think Rhule has a solid defensive coordinator, and he was also a defensive guy, so I kind of expected that.

Offense? Man, I do not share your optimism on that, for the reasons stated on another thread. This scheme appears to be a bad one, run by two guys with completely different philosophies. As I said on another thread, was watching the game with a friend who is the OC at a prominent high school here in Austin. He pointed out a number of issues.

But here is hoping you are right.
Thee University
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

This was a Bennett and K Briles thread. It has been attacked by Briles resident ass kissers.

Why begin a thread about Bennett and K Briles at all? They've having more success than Baylor.

They deserve the ridicule times 100!

No obsession. Just turn about is fair play. They screwed up our program and left like a bunch of classless clowns so they deserve a sweet spanking on their little bottoms.

Art earned his $$$$. These two losers cost us $$$ and Ws. They quit on us but more damning.....they quit on the kids.

DAC
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

They deserve the ridicule times 100!

No obsession. Just turn about is fair play. They screwed up our program and left like a bunch of classless clowns so they deserve a sweet spanking on their little bottoms.

Art earned his $$$$. These two losers cost us $$$ and Ws. They quit on us but more damning.....they quit on the kids.

Liberty just scored again
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

WAC

The irony - a delusional fan who pissed on Baylor's success and proclaimed that Rhule and any number of coaches could come here and do better than Briles - calling others delusional.
Delusional are the "fans" like you who, after 1, 2 and now 3 games, want to fire a coach who was willing to take a team that lost 6 of their last 7 games during a ______ storm allowed and then fueled by the staff and blind alumni who became football win junkies no matter what the cost nor how undisciplined and gangsta our team became.

That success is being revealed for what it was......great for a downtrodden program that is barely over .500 lifetime but built upon a foundation of questionable characters, unfaithful coaches and amiable alumni thirsty for ANYTHING to crow about even if it meant monumental collapses in our bowl games. Paper Lions!

Because less than 1% of the posters here on this bulletin board have ever competed at this level and do not understand what goes into Championship Football, I go easy on you because you are all my Baylor Brothers. Whether you like it or not.
Thee University
Pencil necks.

Concave chests.

Dishwater hands.

Limp wrists.

These are all my introductions to Baylor Bubble Boy lore. Now, I introduce a new description for those that deserve it...............Teddy Bears.

Not Paper Bears but soft, snuggley, huggable Teddy Bears. Maybe my Seguin crier can make a rainbow come out his rear end.

Teddy Bears stand up and be counted!

Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

WAC

Delusional are the "fans" like you who, after 1, 2 and now 3 games, want to fire a coach who was willing to take a team that lost 6 of their last 7 games during a ______ storm allowed and then fueled by the staff and blind alumni who became football win junkies no matter what the cost nor how undisciplined and gangsta our team became.

That success is being revealed for what it was......great for a downtrodden program that is barely over .500 lifetime but built upon a foundation of questionable characters, unfaithful coaches and amiable alumni thirsty for ANYTHING to crow about even if it meant monumental collapses in our bowl games. Paper Lions!

Because less than 1% of the posters here on this bulletin board have ever competed at this level and do not understand what goes into Championship Football, I go easy on you because you are all my Baylor Brothers. Whether you like it or not.
Still complaining about losing New Year's Bowl games without realizing who got us there. Geez. Like I said, you're delusional.

Enjoy your 0-12 season. This is what you wanted.

And for the record, I never said we should fire Rhule after 3 games. I am simply pointing out how asinine it was to predict he would come in here and perform better than Briles.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

WAC

Still complaining about losing New Year's Bowl games without realizing who got us there. Geez. Like I said, you're delusional.

And for the record, I never said we should fire Rhule after 3 games. I am simply pointing out how asinine it was to predict he would come in here and perform better than Briles.
Bingo!

You said it. You were just happy getting there. Me and many others wanted to win the bowl game. The bowl losses and the way we lost them diminish all of the positives we built up beating most of our Big 12 brothers. Never could beat all of them.

I know who got us there. About 100 players, managers, trainers, coaches and other support staff. It was not one person just like it was not one person who destroyed and tainted all that was accomplished.

You are conveniently leaving out the FACT that no one thought we were going to go undefeated or even win 6 games based on what was left. Add in the new staff with new O,D& ST, new attitudes, DISCIPLINE, injuries and "retirement" of players in key positions that force freshmen to contribute and only an idiot would be upset at this point. I say this even though we did lose to our Briles/McCaw patsie parade.

You and your Teddy Bear kind were happy because you don't know any better. We can be better and I fully expect Matt & staff to get us there.
Pecos 45
This:

I don't always agree with everything Thee posts, but I agree with this, particularly his last paragraph. If you have never played, nor coached, at the D-1 level you have absolutely no idea what goes in inside the huddle or the locker room. (It's not just Xs and Os.)

But I am conflicted, because I absolutely LOVED to see our Bears whip OU and UT two consecutive seasons, at home and away, under Briles. I was in the stadium at Austin the night that RGIII and the team pulled off a road win on the same night that UT was retiring Colt McCoy's jersey.

Did I make a deal with the devil? Or was I just caught up in the winning football fever, so much so that I overlooked some real problems beneath the surface? (Much like they do at Ole Miss.)

I have not yet reached what they call "closure," because I loved it when we were winning.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

BoatsNHos said:

WAC

Bingo!

You said it. You were just happy getting there. Me and many others wanted to win the bowl game. The bowl losses and the way we lost them diminish all of the positives we built up beating most of our Big 12 brothers. Never could beat all of them.

I know who got us there. About 100 players, managers, trainers, coaches and other support staff. It was not one person just like it was not one person who destroyed and tainted all that was accomplished.

You are conveniently leaving out the FACT that no one thought we were going to go undefeated or even win 6 games based on what was left. Add in the new staff with new O,D& ST, new attitudes, DISCIPLINE, injuries and "retirement" of players in key positions that force freshmen to contribute and only an idiot would be upset at this point. I say this even though we did lose to our Briles/McCaw patsie parade.

You and your Teddy Bear kind were happy because you don't know any better. We can be better and I fully expect Matt & staff to get us there.
Can you tell me how many bowl games we played in and won in before Briles took over? Can you tell me how many Fiesta Bowls and Cotton Bowls we played in? Hell, tell me how many Alamo Bowls we played in? How about conference championships? How many of those before Briles arrival? How about Heisman Trophies? How many of those did we win? How about 10 wins seasons? Top 25 finishes?

You know, I seem to recall Teaff having trouble winning bowl games at times himself. Were you calling for his head after the embarrassment in the Sugar Bowl? We probably should have fired him then, correct? There was no way he was going to get us over the top. Good thing we got rid of him when we did. Look at all of the success his successors prior to Briles had? Right?

SMH.

I am fine with the criticisms of Briles for his personal failings. But only an entitled dolt would belittle the success he had and the relevance he brought to a moribund program that - other than a brief stretch in the 80's - was pretty much irrelevant. The fact that you remain bitter regarding losses in New Years Day bowls says all one needs to know about you.

Enjoy the 0-12 season and irrelevance yet again. Like I said, you now have what you wanted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.