Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,053 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kiffin's Klemson Korner.
He is no ball coach.
Private Pyle
Funny how mods delete threads about Stidham but continue to allow this one.
D. C. Bear
Private Pyle said:

Stidham looked pretty good from what I saw yesterday. The kid can really throw it.
JETHRO
Stidham and Kevin Steele beat Georgia.

FAU coaches continue to roll.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
This fun thread was started by Thee. 555
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Stidham looked pretty good from what I saw yesterday. The kid can really throw it.
He looked great.

However, if he did not want to be here let's pack his bags for him. Big difference of an Auburn education and a Baylor diploma unless you want to live in Auburn or Montgomery or Columbus.
BearTruth13
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

I will never regret sending Bennett packing. Even if Snow continues to underperform, at least we tried something different defensively. Bennett's defense would have 1 great performance for every 5 horrible ones.

Then I guess the next 10 games will be bad for ASU cause Phil just put up back to back awesome defensive performances.

Hey would you look at that? Since this post, Bennett has given up an average of 41 points per game and 550 yards per game. Like I said, 5 terrible games to start the year, a couple good games in between, and then 5 more terrible games.
BearTruth13
Bennett's scoring defense is also currently ranked in the 90's. On par with Baylor's terrible D.
bearlyafarmer
Let's see. This thread, whose intent from the get-go was to denigrate former BU coaches, now has (counting this one) at least 951 posts, many of which clearly contain personal attacks. Meanwhile, threads about a former BU QB have been quickly deleted because personal attacks began to appear.

Gentlemen, the stench is unbearable.
xiledinok
It was nothing different than what folks would talk about at old school coffee shops in places like Mobile, Alabama.
Bennett was a disaster. Wait till Tate rolls "Points per Possession" and stirs up the natives (who really don't car).
Keeping up with Conference USA is all good. They enjoy the attention.
Timbear
If Bennett's defense is ranked in the 90's, then he's 30 places better than Snow. 30.
BearTruth13
Timbear said:

If Bennett's defense is ranked in the 90's, then he's 30 places better than Snow. 30.

Currently, in terms of opponents points per game, Arizona St is 94 (32.1ppg) and Baylor is 107 (35 ppg). So 13 spots.

Worth noting that Tulsa is 120 (38 ppg).
John Hawk
Yards per game: ASU #114, BU #120
Points per game: ASU #102, BU #119
Rushing yards per game: ASU #85, BU #100
Passing yards per game: ASU #114, BU #120

No matter how you look at it, both DCs are bad.

marco
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

He looked great.

However, if he did not want to be here let's pack his bags for him. Big difference of an Auburn education and a Baylor diploma unless you want to live in Auburn or Montgomery or Columbus.
You might want to lay off of the glue for a bit, it's not helping the dain bramage. It's been said that football is the "front porch" of a university, it's what gets the attention of outsiders. This administration tore down the porch we had and have replaced it with a few used pallets from behind the old General Tire factory. Some 5 gallon buckets for chairs and HEY IT'S AS GOOD AS NEW!
BearTruth13
Agreed. We still suck now but point is it was time to try something new defensively. Might be time to try something new again in a couple years. But I was done with the Bennett experiment.
RioRata
BearTruth13 said:

Agreed. We still suck now but point is it was time to try something new defensively. Might be time to try something new again in a couple years. But I was done with the Bennett experiment.

Like the Sun Belt or CUSA?
Jacques Strap

Defensive stats update 11-13-2017

Total Defense #119 (prior 121) - out of 129 teams so Bottom 10. Allowing 465 yards per game.

Scoring Defense #116 (prior 111) 36.3 points per game
Thee University
marco said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

He looked great.

You might want to lay off of the glue for a bit, it's not helping the dain bramage. It's been said that football is the "front porch" of a university, it's what gets the attention of outsiders. This administration tore down the porch we had and have replaced it with a few used pallets from behind the old General Tire factory. Some 5 gallon buckets for chairs and HEY IT'S AS GOOD AS NEW!
I'll lay off the glue when you pull your head not out of a Briles @$$ but your own.

It was the Briles Boys that burned it to the ground. As usual their timing to jump ship to another job was flawed and our administration gave them some of their own medicine.

The only mistake you ask.......allowing the "family" members to nurse at the Baylor teat for another season.

We should have pulled the plug on the trailer park crew without any delay.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

He looked great.

I'll lay off the glue when you pull your head not out of a Briles @$$ but your own.

It was the Briles Boys that burned it to the ground. As usual their timing to jump ship to another job was flawed and our administration gave them some of their own medicine.

The only mistake you ask.......allowing the "family" members to nurse at the Baylor teat for another season.

Thee, if Baylor got rid of the previous staff because the staff was interested in leaving for a different job, as you seem to imply, that was the stupidest move in the history of the institution.
xiledinok
Should have fired them all in May 2016.
They proved incapable professionals by failing to handle things like mature adults. They tanked themselves to nowhere. They couldn't make it through the summer without getting into a pissing match with the crazy NCAA victims rights pro. Tank, tweets and a bunch of behavior from their anger.
Now, Lame Kiffin wants College Game DAY to visit. The only presence related to Lame at college Game DAY is Kiffin's Klemson Korner signs.
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

He looked great.

Thee, if Baylor got rid of the previous staff because the staff was interested in leaving for a different job, as you seem to imply, that was the stupidest move in the history of the institution.
That's not what I implied. You made an assumption.

Allowing the cancer to eat at you for another year was not smart.

We knew none were keepers.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

He looked great.

That's not what I implied. You made an assumption.

Allowing the cancer to eat at you for another year was not smart.

Little of what Baylor did in that entire fiasco could be characterized as "smart." I have seen some sentiment that Briles got what he deserved, not because of a sexual assault scandal, but because he was not "loyal" enough and sought the Texas job.
Thee University
Mistakes were made by all.

The root cause of the entire fiasco can be traced back to poor leadership by Starr, poorer to no leadership by McCaw and horrendous and arrogant "occupation" by Briles while he burned the house done to the ground waiting for his next level job to clear. He underestimated his employers, overestimated his net value to both other schools and Baylor and left himself no rope.

I can't blame the BOR like many on here do because they were only on campus a few times each year, have REAL jobs and duties that pay and know that they would NEVER have done what they did unless their hand was forced to pull the trigger.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

The root cause of the entire fiasco can be traced back to poor leadership by Starr, poorer to no leadership by McCaw and horrendous and arrogant "occupation" by Briles while he burned the house done to the ground waiting for his next level job to clear. He underestimated his employers, overestimated his net value to both other schools and Baylor and left himself no rope.

I can't blame the BOR like many on here do because they were only on campus a few times each year, have REAL jobs and duties that pay and know that they would NEVER have done what they did unless their hand was forced to pull the trigger.

When you design a house with no smoke detectors, no sprinklers and you leave the kids home alone with matches, you most certainly bear a significant degree of responsibility when the house burns down.
REX
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

He looked great.

That's not what I implied.

As opposed to.......
Never mind. Who's up next?
xiledinok
Florida International is a 14 point dog to Kiffin's Klemson Korner while Arizona State has Oregon State this weekend before finishing the year off against Arizona.

The New Mexico Bowl and cold weather for FAU while Bennett finishes at 6-6.
Probably time for another Kiffin's Klemson Korner. The Tennessee fans are probably looking to call up the show and give Kiffin a piece of their minds.
Now, how many hook ups for Lame in New Mexico? Tinder should be really busy with him in town looking for ass since the students will be on vacation for semester and Christmas break.
xiIedinok
xiledinok said:

Florida International is a 14 point dog to Kiffin's Klemson Korner while Arizona State has Oregon State this weekend before finishing the year off against Arizona.

The New Mexico Bowl and cold weather for FAU while Bennett finishes at 6-6.
Probably time for another Kiffin's Klemson Korner. The Tennessee fans are probably looking to call up the show and give Kiffin a piece of their minds.
Now, how many hook ups for Lame in New Mexico? Tinder should be really busy with him in town looking for ass since the students will be on vacation for semester and Christmas break.
Try to be less rustled.
Malbec
Looks like FAU will get first pick of bowls for CUSA. Dunno why X thinks they are gonna choose NM. The girls will be in the Bahamas. Think the Owls will be too?
xiledinok
Malbec said:

Looks like FAU will get first pick of bowls for CUSA. Dunno why X thinks they are gonna choose NM. The girls will be in the Bahamas. Think the Owls will be too?

Against who? Which Mac representative?
Is Bahamas X mas Day again.
It is a basketball day.
I ll have to miss that one. It is my favorite bull**** bowl. It is definitely better than Cauctus bowl. Fans love it!
Worldwide owns the bowl. Good to see the Briles Family spend time at Atlantis and support Mickey.
Watch out Malbec. Those hot women aren't American. They have quiet a different culture.
I have been to the mall. Don't copy Uh or Ucla.
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

When you design a house with no smoke detectors, no sprinklers and you leave the kids home alone with matches, you most certainly bear a significant degree of responsibility when the house burns down.
Perhaps but good parents teach their children early and often about BAD things that can kill, maim or harm them and the parents. Good kids LEARN from good parents and don't take unnecessary risks.

Good parents don't leave their kids home alone. Particularly if some of those kids have already started fires, already been in trouble and have shown a propensity to get into trouble.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Hey Thee, how come your friends at the Baylor Board of Regents do not have a single minority male amongst them even though there are 35+ Regents and 36% of this year's freshmen class are minority students?

I will hang up and listen.
Osodecentx
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Hey Thee, how come your friends at the Baylor Board of Regents do not have a single minority male amongst them even though there are 35+ Regents and 36% of this year's freshmen class are minority students?

silky catkin
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Perhaps but good parents teach their children early and often about BAD things that can kill, maim or harm them and the parents. Good kids LEARN from good parents and don't take unnecessary risks.

Good parents don't leave their kids home alone. Particularly if some of those kids have already started fires, already been in trouble and have shown a propensity to get into trouble.
That is exactly where the BOR failed in its duties.
xiledinok
Oh Lord, this is not a thread about how white that board is at Baylor.
Why was Art's staff not loaded with black guys?
Same type question.

I ve been able to watch Arizona State. Most of their players like their opponents consist of black athletes. FAU is likely to be the same.

Is FIU-FAU on TV? Butch Davis is favorite.
Thee University
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Could it be that not one single minority male was QUALIFIED?

Who cares? Are you one of those bleeding heart liberals who has not looked at past Baylor Boards which has been peppered with minorities?

Do you honestly think that a board needs to somehow magically mirror the ethnic makeup of any given Freshman class?

Fact.
Baylor, for over a 100 years, has been about as Lilly white as you can make it. When I chose Baylor I did not care one iota what the minority count was nor the ethnic makeup. Did you?

I never have cared who was on the BOR and STILL don't today. They can appoint Bruiser, a Dancing Nugg, Jeff Dunham, Rand Paul, Mike Singletary, Willie Nelson, Crystal Bernard, Quincy Acy, Carroll Dawson or Chip & Joanna. Who cares?

Hang up for good buddy. Your BS is weak!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.