Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,067 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
REX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobo said:

X pussed out on a bet getting 2 extra touchdowns over the Vegas line? That is some mother ****ing weak sauce.

That is pure puss.

And I got no dog in the fight but **** man

Yep
marco
Appalachian State beat the dog snot out of Toledo. Sun Belt team beating up on MAC teams is embarrassing. Toledo won the dang Boca Raton Bowl just two years ago when they beat Temple. Wonder who was stupid enough to hire the Temple coach? I guess the coaches who do win in these piss poor conferences get promoted to P5 jobs sometimes though I don't know who would want one.
xiledinok
Sure. Rex had his chance. 47.5 points, almost two touchdowns more than the 35.5
I thought the 35.5 was enough.
You idiots didn't see Akron.
By far one of the worst bowl teams.
50-3.
Rex could have had me at $200 but like above I had seen these teams enough to know what we were getting. Perfect game opposite Christmas Partying.
Definitely, a home game that should have been played in September.
Apparently, the Sunbelt is stronger than MAC and C USA.
I ll give an update on the weekly update thread after Christmas regarding Arizona State and Bennett.
Enjoy the bowl victory.
Marco, did you buy your Midway State Finalist shirt?
REX
I had my chance? Funniest thing I've seen in forever.
You had your chance to prove lane and kb were jokes but didn't
Times hard in Oklahoma?
xiledinok
REX said:

I had my chance? Funniest thing I've seen in forever.
You had your chance to prove lane and kb were jokes but didn't
Times hard in Oklahoma?

Rex, there are only two kinds of people who bet $1,000 on FAU or Conference USA bowl games. A gambling addict or a professional gambler.
Also, it was Akron. I had seen 25 actual viewing minutes of FAU and about 5 with Arkon.
After viewing both teams, it was clear Akron players played like they had ankle weights on them. They were slow and getting blown out during the 5 minutes I viewed them.
There was no way I d bet giving up posting on the free board.
Heck, Akron cannot take the castoffs FAU can take. Arkon couldn't take the Big 12 best returning player after being dismissed after the 2014 season.
Sorry for KB, a season at FAU won't change public perception after the Big 12's 2016 season or post Monty.
Same with Lame. Explain how he isn't a joke around a group of USC or Tennessee fans. Don't mention him in Las Vegas. The Raider fans hate him.
Personally, things are good.
Oklahoma is different. Oklahoma is a poor red state with one oil field competing after Obama lifted the export ban. The fields in West Texas are difficult to compete against these days and our leaders didn't adjust. Should be chaotic in 2018.
You ll have to visit next Fall.
Thee University
I'm going to miss The Aggie. To his credit his ASU defense held NCST to under 500 yards. That's a great performance from a Bennett defense.

Defensive coordinator Phil Bennett makes it sound like this helps Arizona State avoid a transitional pothole:
Quote:

"The demands of this job, as we all know, it's tough," said Bennett, "but Todd has made it a seamless transition, we've stayed on schedule, our practices in Tempe were very much upbeat. I've been floored at how things have been kept together.

"We had a very good staff in place so we feel like it won't be one of those distractions that could hurt us, you know, you always look at these games that are in transition and as a coach you say "god, I don't want that to be us". I'm not going to mention any games but some of them you go "wow, that interim coach maybe shouldn't have coached that game."
granite
Thee University said:

I'm going to miss The Aggie. To his credit his ASU defense held NCST to under 500 yards. That's a great performance from a Bennett defense.

Defensive coordinator Phil Bennett makes it sound like this helps Arizona State avoid a transitional pothole:
Quote:

"The demands of this job, as we all know, it's tough," said Bennett, "but Todd has made it a seamless transition, we've stayed on schedule, our practices in Tempe were very much upbeat. I've been floored at how things have been kept together.

"We had a very good staff in place so we feel like it won't be one of those distractions that could hurt us, you know, you always look at these games that are in transition and as a coach you say "god, I don't want that to be us". I'm not going to mention any games but some of them you go "wow, that interim coach maybe shouldn't have coached that game."

say what you will about Bennett, but from my perspective he was one of the few on the previous staff that worked hard until the end. for that reason he has my respect.
xiledinok
Well, the Arizona State portion of the Weekly Update thread has been cancelled in 2018.
The final fallout from the Todd Graham campaign staring Phil Bennett and others is not over. The Arizona State President and athletic director are likely to be fired when the Herm Edwards experiment is over. A few Arizona State legislators didn't appreciate the fact that they had to fire the football coach with money from the general fund. Graham like many other overpaid coaches received a cozy buyout. $12 million to go away.

The Briles bunch is heading all to Florida. I ll miss the updates on the Boca Bowl champs. They along with others helped the MAC go winless during bowl season.
BUBear24
granite said:

Thee University said:

Quote:

say what you will about Bennett, but from my perspective he was one of the few on the previous staff that worked hard until the end. for that reason he has my respect.
This. I know he couldn't have taken over the team after everything in 16 due to public pressure, but I wish he would've. I think he, more than Grobe, helped keep the ship afloat in 16. He had the respect of the rest of staff, but being the consummate professional he helped Grobe out as best he could from the looks of it.

There were times that the rest of the staff looked like they gave up ( I will never forget thinking that in DKR watching CKBs play calling at the very end). I never once thought that with CPB.
xiledinok
Bennett acted like a professional coach should act.
People pay attention to these transitions.
MilliVanilli
granite said:

Thee University said:

Quote:

Bennett was a nice guy and behaved professionally, he was a vanilla journeyman as a coach, but you're right to give credit where credit is due.
McCavebear
Maybe Phil is hoping to get a job at his beloved tamu?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21751921/phil-bennett-arizona-state-leaving-defensive-coordinator-sun-bowl
McCavebear Lives!
MilliVanilli
McCavebear said:

Maybe Phil is hoping to get a job at his beloved tamu?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21751921/phil-bennett-arizona-state-leaving-defensive-coordinator-sun-bowl
62, millions in the bank, a paid off house, I'd retire.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.