Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,221 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
80sBEAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the new BOR Fluffers has apparently arrived. I won't mention any names.
303Bear
BabaYaga said:

This thread is the sad equivalent of looking at an ex-girlfriend's Facebook profile to see what she's up to these days. Pathetic.
Tell that to the guy who started it. He wanted updates on the former coaches and people are providing them. Don't be upset they are doing better than our coaching staff, they no longer have anything to do with our team.
JusHappy2BeHere
BabaYaga said:

This thread is the sad equivalent of looking at an ex-girlfriend's Facebook profile to see what she's up to these days. Pathetic.
Talk to the guys that started it
80sBEAR
JusHappy2BeHere said:

BabaYaga said:

Talk to the guys that started it
AckAckAckAck!!!! Luckily, old girlfriend got out of an abusive relationship and is now doing fine. Boyfriend will be digging pizza crust out of dumpsters very soon. LOL!!!!!!
DAC
FAU with 55 points in the third q. Decent performance from the offense I would say.
Malbec
FAU 55
UNT 17

2:53 - 3rd

FAU has scored on all 9 possessions.
JusHappy2BeHere
how would Snow and Rhule do v UNT?
marco
BabaYaga said:

Not if the only reason you're not seeing her anymore is because your dad is an idiot and ran her off calling her a sloot with no proof and now she's graduating cum laude from Princeton and is the future CEO of Amazon. That would suck pretty bad but you wouldn't be pathetic for being pissed as hell at your dad for being a moron.
BearTruth13
I will never regret sending Bennett packing. Even if Snow continues to underperform, at least we tried something different defensively. Bennett's defense would have 1 great performance for every 5 horrible ones. I could hardly stand to watch his 4th quarter D. Snow may not be the guy. But we should continue to look for some better than Clipboard Pants.

As for KB. Congrats on putting up some good offensive numbers. I don't want him at OC anymore than I want Kiffin as head coach. They are both ****** bags.

I'm pissed at how the season is going but I'm still glad those guys are gone. It is not mutually exclusive.
BabaYaga
marco said:

BabaYaga said:

Not if the only reason you're not seeing her anymore is because your dad is an idiot and ran her off calling her a sloot with no proof and now she's graduating cum laude from Princeton and is the future CEO of Amazon. That would suck pretty bad but you wouldn't be pathetic for being pissed as hell at your dad for being a moron.

If it was a year and a half later, it would be. Interesting analogy though.
Malbec
FAU 62
UNT 17

0:00 - 3rd

FAU has scored on all 10 possessions and has set a school record with 699 yards of total offense.
marco
BabaYaga said:

marco said:

BabaYaga said:

No, if your dad hooked you up with a dog as a replacement for your hot girlfriend it wouldn't be strange at all to still be checking out the hot chick. And you'd still be hating dad.
Malbec
FAU 69
UNT 17

12:41 - 4th

FAU has scored on all 11 possessions (now playing with backups since mid-3rd) and has 765 yards of total offense (408R, 357P).
80sBEAR
BearTruth13 said:

I will never regret sending Bennett packing. Even if Snow continues to underperform, at least we tried something different defensively. Bennett's defense would have 1 great performance for every 5 horrible ones. I could hardly stand to watch his 4th quarter D. Snow may not be the guy. But we should continue to look for some better than Clipboard Pants.

As for KB. Congrats on putting up some good offensive numbers. I don't want him at OC anymore than I want Kiffin as head coach. They are both ****** bags.

I'm pissed at how the season is going but I'm still glad those guys are gone. It is not mutually exclusive.
Yep. Kinda looking like we traded our beat up Yugo in for a wheelbarrow. With a square wheel.
RioRata
JusHappy2BeHere said:

They would have their ass' handed to them
boognish_bear
That's a lot of offense

BabaYaga
marco said:

BabaYaga said:

marco said:

BabaYaga said:

No, if your dad hooked you up with a dog as a replacement for your hot girlfriend it wouldn't be strange at all to still be checking out the hot chick. And you'd still be hating dad.
This analogy conveniently changes for every situation. It's impressive actually. This hypothetical dad has to be out there somewhere in the real world ruining his son's life with surgical precision.
bobo
Crickets
Everything is racist
EvilTroyAndAbed
BearTruth13 said:

I will never regret sending Bennett packing. Even if Snow continues to underperform, at least we tried something different defensively. Bennett's defense would have 1 great performance for every 5 horrible ones.

Then I guess the next 10 games will be bad for ASU cause Phil just put up back to back awesome defensive performances.
John Hawk
But they're losing the TOP.
MilliVanilli
John Hawk said:

But their losing the TOP.
*they're
marco
BabaYaga said:

marco said:

BabaYaga said:

marco said:

BabaYaga said:

This analogy conveniently changes for every situation. It's impressive actually. This hypothetical dad has to be out there somewhere in the real world ruining his son's life with surgical precision.
Huh? His initials are B.O.R. and the sons name is Baylor. Are you dense naturally?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
BearTruth13 said:

Yes. CPB was horrible. What was our record with him as dc? You got your wish. He is gone. Enjoy.

The same could be said of our past oc.

In your mind we traded up? Lol.

Baylor football was great for a while not because of tradition or great crowds or game atmosphere or facilities, but because of CAB and his staff.

Baylor has stumbled upon two great coaches in my lifetime. The chances of finding a third are not very good. It's obvious they haven't with this group
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Private Pyle
BearTruth13 said:

True, I hate winners.
BearTruth13
Papa Briles was the winner.

KB may be great one day. Right now he is a OC for a Conference USA team. Pump the breaks a little. He has made questionable decisions on and off the field and I am glad we have moved on.

We paid Bennett literally more than any other coordinator in the Big 12 for a Top 60 defense. That is a HORRIBLE ROI.

Don't discuss what is transpiring this year. I'm pissed about the product too. Doesn't mean I forget things I hated about the past.

Baylor can find a successful coach that is less of a PR liability than KB. Baylor can find a defensiveness coordinator that is better than Phil Bennett.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Based on wins and losses, CPB was probably the best dc we ever had.

If you want to go by first downs, points allowed etc etc remember that the only stat that means anything is won and lost.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
DAC
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

If you want to go by first downs, points allowed etc etc remember that the only stat that means anything is won and lost.

And time of possession of course
Osodecentx

BearTruth13 said:

Yes. CPB was horrible. What was our record with him as dc? You got your wish. He is gone. Enjoy.

The same could be said of our past oc.

In your mind we traded up? Lol.

Baylor football was great for a while not because of tradition or great crowds or game atmosphere or facilities, but because of CAB and his staff.

Baylor has stumbled upon two great coaches in my lifetime. The chances of finding a third are not very good. It's obvious they haven't with this group

Yep, welcome to sub-mediocreville
We had lightning in a jar and destroyed it
Osodecentx
mmodine said:

BearTruth13 said:

True, I hate winners.
Proving we're not an institution of football.

Football shouldn't be fun
Osodecentx

What about moral victories?
whitetrash
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Last week:

UNT 29
UTSA 26
4th and Inches

his ASU defense held Utah to their lowest score of the season last night- 10 points

He did a good job for us working under the head coaches philosophy
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Private Pyle
BearTruth13 said:

KB may be great one day. Right now he is a OC for a Conference USA team. Pump the breaks a little. He has made questionable decisions on and off the field and I am glad we have moved on.

We paid Bennett literally more than any other coordinator in the Big 12 for a Top 60 defense. That is a HORRIBLE ROI.

Don't discuss what is transpiring this year. I'm pissed about the product too. Doesn't mean I forget things I hated about the past.

Baylor can find a successful coach that is less of a PR liability than KB. Baylor can find a defensiveness coordinator that is better than Phil Bennett.

We wouldn't be 0-7 with KB. They just put up 804 yards offense tonight.
BearTruth13
He gave up 36 points per game the first 5 games of this season. He has had 2 great games. He has got 5 more games for the season. Let's see if my projection is correct. I'm betting he returns to the status quo.
Thee University
mmodine said:

BearTruth13 said:

We wouldn't be 0-7 with KB. They just put up 804 yards offense tonight.
That's not quite what West Virginia put up on The Aggie!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.