Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,116 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
RioRata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

LBKBEAR said:

Thanks for admitting jealousy. That was thick-necked of you.

Is losing to Liberty underperforming? I know you think winning the Big 12 is underperforming.

(Also, we don't agree on everything, but I do hope you are around the sic em tailgate this season! I would get a kick out of having a beer with a player from the Teaff era.)
No. Losing to WV, MSU, that Florida team in the Fiesta Bowl and other conference games was under performing or playing without a full deck ( no D.C. & no ST).

Yes. Losing to Liberty, UTSA & Duke is truly underperforming.

We won 1 Big 12 outright and shared one with TCU.

Tell me where the sic em tailgate is located. Also, I try to take a few posters into the Lettermen's Lounge every year. If you have good BS I'll treat you to an afternoon in the Lettermen's "B" Lounge.

A few more Matt Rhule coached home games and it will stick out like a sore thumb.
Mothra
Thee University said:

LBKBEAR said:

Is losing to Liberty underperforming? I know you think winning the Big 12 is underperforming.

(Also, we don't agree on everything, but I do hope you are around the sic em tailgate this season! I would get a kick out of having a beer with a player from the Teaff era.)
No. Losing to WV, MSU, that Florida team in the Fiesta Bowl and other conference games was under performing or playing without a full deck ( no D.C. & no ST).

Tell me where the sic em tailgate is located. Also, I try to take a few posters into the Lettermen's Lounge every year. If you have good BS I'll treat you to an afternoon in the Lettermen's "B" Lounge.

Don't worry Thee. We won't have to worry about losing in the Fiesta Bowl or sharing conference championships anymore. As you predicted, Rhule has taken us to a whole new level. I'm sure you're quite pleased.

The lack of discipline, poor tackling, missed assignments and Swiss cheese defense are surpassed only by an offense that couldn't produce more than 9 first downs against powerhouse Duke. Obviously Snow has taken us to a whole new level as you predicted.

While there are no outward signs anyone knows what they're doing, I hear there are amazing internal improvements taking place.

And congrats on being right about Rhule. You would make Bubear proud.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

LBKBEAR said:

Don't worry Thee. We won't have to worry about losing in the Fiesta Bowl or sharing conference championships anymore. As you predicted, Rhule has taken us to a whole new level. I'm sure you're quite pleased.

The lack of discipline, poor tackling, missed assignments and Swiss cheese defense are surpassed only by an offense that couldn't produce more than 9 first downs against powerhouse Duke. Obviously Snow has taken us to a whole new level as you predicted.

While there are no outward signs anyone knows what they're doing, I hear there are amazing internal improvements taking place.

You expected a 10 or 11 win season right out of the chute?

The task at hand is huge. Our 6 consecutive losses followed with a win over an average Boise State last year should have told us a little bit about how this season was going to play out. Yes, I am shocked we are 0-3 and quite possibly could go 0-12.

I still support Rhule and believe that discipline, tackling, assignments and defense will be improved upon. It takes time my friend. Rhule does not have an RG3 on campus.
Thee University
REX said:

FAU school record for rushing yards today
Love watching this offense
Great. Haul ass and become an owl fan.

It was Bethune Cookman!!!

You still getting wood when a Briles flogs his dolphin on a patsie????

I'll buy you an Owl t-shirt if you will never post here or come to a Baylor game.

Looks like you have a few other heartbroken lovers that want to become Owls too. I'll spring for a couple extra Owl shirts if you will all denounce your Baylor "allegiance" and leave 365.
RioRata
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

LBKBEAR said:

Only harleyjspoon would have expected this. I think that what most of us expected over these first three (cupcake) games is something that looks better than what comes out of my poop chute when I've had 3 Gut Paks and a case of Schlitz.
REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

Yes your correct Liberty already had a game scheduled that day.
Thee University if Liberty.
Thee University
RioRata said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

LBKBEAR said:

Only harleyjspoon would have expected this. I think that what most of us expected over these first three (cupcake) games is something that looks better than what comes out of my poop chute when I've had 3 Gut Paks and a case of Schlitz.
Nice visual.
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Go on. You are on a roll. I think.
REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Go on. You are on a roll. I think.
Liberty
UTsa
Duke (football)
next???
Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

LBKBEAR said:

The task at hand is huge. Our 6 consecutive losses followed with a win over an average Boise State last year should have told us a little bit about how this season was going to play out. Yes, I am shocked we are 0-3 and quite possibly could go 0-12.

I still support Rhule and believe that discipline, tackling, assignments and defense will be improved upon. It takes time my friend. Rhule does not have an RG3 on campus.
Nope. I did not expect a 10 or 11 win season. I was thinking 5-6 wins right out of the chute. How about you? Did you expect to be 0-3 at this point? Did you expect to lose to an FCS team? Did you expect to look as undisciplined and poorly coached as we do? If not, then why are you not concerned?

The task at hand is huge, though not nearly as big as the task Briles had when he was hired. Rhule has by far more talent, more history and more resources than Briles ever did. Yet, Briles was able to adapt. He had an offensive system that was the great equalizer. That is what good coaches do - take the talent they have and utilize it to the best of their ability.

What have you seen thus far that gives you any indication Rhule will be better than Briles, and take Baylor to places Briles never did, as you predicted? Why do you have any hope based on what you've seen thus far? What makes you think a Big 10 plodding offense will work at Baylor with Texas recruits? Name me one similar offense that has won the Big 12 in the last decade?

I still support Rhule as well because, frankly, we have no other choice. We put all our eggs in his basket. Doesn't mean I am blind to what I have seen thus far. We are terrible on both sides of the ball. We are undisciplined and out of shape. That surely cannot be what you expected.
Mothra
Thee University said:

REX said:

You still getting wood when a Briles flogs his dolphin on a patsie????

I'll buy you an Owl t-shirt if you will never post here or come to a Baylor game.

Looks like you have a few other heartbroken lovers that want to become Owls too. I'll spring for a couple extra Owl shirts if you will all denounce your Baylor "allegiance" and leave 365.
You know, it's a damn good thing we don't face FAU this year. If you think the Liberty offense is good, FAU would run us out of the building.
Krieg
FAU with virtually no talent, coming off a 3 win season and with a new coach did the following to an FCS team that went 4-6 last year:

32 1st Downs
439 Yards Rushing
619 Total Yards

7 1st Downs Allowed
117 Yards Allowed
0 POINTS ALLOWED
And WON 45-0

Baylor, with vastly superior talent and coming off of a 7 win season, did this to an FCS team that went 6-5 last season:

22 1st Downs (-10)
254 Yards Rushing (-185...yay toughness!)
532 Yards (-87)

31 1st Downs Allowed (-24...wow)
585 Yards Allowed (-469...omg)
48 POINTS ALLOWED, 45 POINTS WORSE!
Oh, and lost 48-45.

Say what you want about Kiffin and Kendal, but their early results are a lot better than Rhule's.
xiledinok
Lame' s career path has gone downward. People would rather sniff walls at Auschwitz than watch a game coached by him.
Robe touching his gone to the point of cheering for a football coach that was called a fraud by the founder of the American Football League. 0-12 is rock bottom but then there's the real world. There is a bottom that only the robe will keep digging to find.
Rex, how did RR and others conceal crimes, which is a crime. Enlighten us on RR's crimes.
DAC
xiledinok said:

Lame' s career path has gone downward. People would rather sniff walls at Auschwitz than watch a game coached by him.
Robe touching his gone to the point of cheering for a football coach that was called a fraud by the founder of the American Football League. 0-12 is rock bottom but then there's the real world. There is a bottom that only the robe will keep digging to find.
Rex, how did RR and others conceal crimes, which is a crime. Enlighten us on RR's crimes.

X, we all agree FAU would mud stomp Baylor by multiple td's this year. However, Baylor v Bethune-Cookman could stand to be an interesting matchup. How would you see that one playing out?
granite
all this back and forth is a bunch of idiotic crap.....regardless of how we got here, we are here and no amount of b!tiching and moaning about it is going to change anything. as for CAB,CKB, or Phil Bennett I wish them the best of luck but could give 2 ****s less what they did last week. I loved CAB as our coach, but his time here is over....not happy so far with CMR but time will tell if he was the right choice. There is absolutely no way to know if he can get it turned around in 3 games but as frustrated as I am, i will never turn my back on Baylor over a football coach. Oh, and we still have the dancing nuggs, and now a little tykes basketball goal.....what the fuq is that all about. I'm ready to get back to playing with the big boys, not the playground.
BearInBigD
granite said:

all this back and forth is a bunch of idiotic crap.....regardless of how we got here, we are here and no amount of b!tiching and moaning about it is going to change anything. as for CAB,CKB, or Phil Bennett I wish them the best of luck but could give 2 ****s less what they did last week. I loved CAB as our coach, but his time here is over....not happy so far with CMR but time will tell if he was the right choice. There is absolutely no way to know if he can get it turned around in 3 games but as frustrated as I am, i will never turn my back on Baylor over a football coach. Oh, and we still have the dancing nuggs, and now a little tykes basketball goal.....what the fuq is that all about. I'm ready to get back to playing with the big boys, not the playground.
I'm assuming the irony of your posting this in this thread is not lost on you?
xiledinok
I am going to pick Baylor.

This is a Baylor board for Baylor fans.

Which SEC venue this weekend?
Do they fire Gus before or after the bowl?
DAC
xiledinok said:

This is a Baylor board for Baylor fans

So does that mean you are picking Baylor this next weekend ?
Thee University
The Aggie gets to tee up the Oregon Ducks Saturday night. Can he keep the Duck Expresss under 500 yards?

Remind me the name of the school the little fella coaches at.
DAC
Thee University said:

The Aggie gets to tee up the Oregon Ducks Saturday night. Can he keep the Duck Expresss under 500 yards?

Can the Yankee keep ou under 500 yards in the first half?
xiledinok
DAC said:

Thee University said:

Can the Yankee keep ou under 500 yards in the first half?
You missed the threads when I educated the robe touchers that Riley was a much better coordinator than what we had at Baylor. It made me sick so many could confuse greatness with lucky sperm.
I pray our 1 read quarterback doesn't get waxed 10-15 times.

DAC, Graham is so fired. How many front line coordinators have had their boss fired in 3 straight jobs?
xiledinok
DAC said:

xiledinok said:

No, I m not picking Baylor. You ask me who I would take between BC and Baylor.
I am very good at picking games and my acquaintance shares good information.
Ole boy cleaned up during the Baylor tank last season.
REX
xiledinok said:

I don't know who RR is much less what crimes he may or may not have committed. You obviously have me confused with someone else. No problem
Liberty
UTsa
Duke (football)
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

I don't know who RR is much less what crimes he may or may not have committed. You obviously have me confused with someone else. No problem
Liberty
UTsa
Duke (football)
Bitter? I can't believe you are still here. Do you plan on sneaking in brass nuckles for FIU-FAU game?
Big rivalry.

You shouldn't be bitter.

Oakland Raiders
Tennessee Volunteer
Southern Cal
Alabama
FAU

"Just win baby" or maybe not.
Krieg
granite said:

I agree with pretty much all of this.

Now if we can get the people that hate Briles to shut up about him we would largely stop talking about him/them. Unfortunately they feel the need to lie about his football success, which you'd think would be undeniable, and that creates this back and forth.
Thee University
Krieg said:

granite said:

"all this back and forth is a bunch of idiotic crap.....regardless of how we got here, we are here and no amount of b!tiching and moaning about it is going to change anything. as for CAB,CKB, or Phil Bennett I wish them the best of luck but could give 2 ****s less what they did last week. I loved CAB as our coach, but his time here is over....not happy so far with CMR but time will tell if he was the right choice. There is absolutely no way to know if he can get it turned around in 3 games but as frustrated as I am, i will never turn my back on Baylor over a football coach. Oh, and we still have the dancing nuggs, and now a little tykes basketball goal.....what the fuq is that all about. I'm ready to get back to playing with the big boys, not the playground.

Now if we can get the people that hate Briles to shut up about him we would largely stop talking about him/them. Unfortunately they feel the need to lie about his football success, which you'd think would be undeniable, and that creates this back and forth.
I do not start a reality check Briles post unless one of you boy-toy lovers puts up a pitiful post about how he did nothing wrong, ran a clean program or that the BOR is to blame for this entire mess.

The embarrassing posts supporting a coach who used Baylor like a hooker down on Elm Street need an equal number of non-support posts. I am happy to oblige given the damage The Briles Clan did while leaving. If they could not tear it up they ______ on it so as to leave alumni with a "gift that keeps on giving".

Nobody denies the W-L record Briles put up. He left as one of Baylor's Top 5 coaches and nearly won a few top tier bowl games. He nearly won out in conference play every year and nearly got the UT job. Nearly.

New name perhaps? NEARLY Art Briles.
Mothra
Thee University said:

$50 says OU rolls up more yards this week than the Oregon Ducks.
Mothra
Thee University said:

Krieg said:

granite said:

"all this back and forth is a bunch of idiotic crap.....regardless of how we got here, we are here and no amount of b!tiching and moaning about it is going to change anything. as for CAB,CKB, or Phil Bennett I wish them the best of luck but could give 2 ****s less what they did last week. I loved CAB as our coach, but his time here is over....not happy so far with CMR but time will tell if he was the right choice. There is absolutely no way to know if he can get it turned around in 3 games but as frustrated as I am, i will never turn my back on Baylor over a football coach. Oh, and we still have the dancing nuggs, and now a little tykes basketball goal.....what the fuq is that all about. I'm ready to get back to playing with the big boys, not the playground.

I do not start a reality check Briles post unless one of you boy-toy lovers puts up a pitiful post about how he did nothing wrong, ran a clean program or that the BOR is to blame for this entire mess.

The embarrassing posts supporting a coach who used Baylor like a hooker down on Elm Street need an equal number of non-support posts. I am happy to oblige given the damage The Briles Clan did while leaving. If they could not tear it up they ______ on it so as to leave alumni with a "gift that keeps on giving".

Nobody denies the W-L record Briles put up. He left as one of Baylor's Top 5 coaches and nearly won a few top tier bowl games. He nearly won out in conference play every year and nearly got the UT job. Nearly.

Well, in terms of success on the field, he was No. 1, above even Grant Teaff.

Your post would make more sense if you were attacking his and his staffs personal failures and scandal. Instead, you're complaining about shared conference titles and losing in New Year's Day Bowl games, as we are looking at going 0-12 this season, and have taken a major step back in all phases of the game (despite your predictions that Rhule is better than Briles and would achieve more success). Those criticisms are looking pretty stupid coming off of losses to Liberty, UTSA and Duke, as we are watching out of shape players get beaten week in and week out. Make that really stupid. Perhaps we should name your boy Rhule, NOT EVEN CLOSE RHULE?

Would appreciate some answers to my post above.
Mothra
Thee University said:

Krieg said:

granite said:

Here it is again:

Nope. I did not expect a 10 or 11 win season. I was thinking 5-6 wins right out of the chute. How about you? Did you expect to be 0-3 at this point? Did you expect to lose to an FCS team? Did you expect to look as undisciplined and poorly coached as we do? If not, then why are you not concerned?

The task at hand is huge, though not nearly as big as the task Briles had when he was hired. Rhule has by far more talent, more history and more resources than Briles ever did. Yet, Briles was able to adapt. He had an offensive system that was the great equalizer. That is what good coaches do - take the talent they have and utilize it to the best of their ability.

What have you seen thus far that gives you any indication Rhule will be better than Briles, and take Baylor to places Briles never did, as you predicted? Why do you have any hope based on what you've seen thus far? What makes you think a Big 10 plodding offense will work at Baylor with Texas recruits? Name me one similar offense that has won the Big 12 in the last decade?

I still support Rhule as well because, frankly, we have no other choice. We put all our eggs in his basket. Doesn't mean I am blind to what I have seen thus far. We are terrible on both sides of the ball. We are undisciplined and out of shape. That surely cannot be what you expected.
Krieg
Thee University said:

Krieg said:

granite said:

I should probably be fair and let you know I've got you on ignore, but I revealed this post assuming it was a response to me...and it was.

It's comments like "one of Baylor's top 5 coaches" and most of your "nearly" comments that are so nonsensical. He's clearly the best Xs and Os coach we've ever had, and one of the best offensive coaches ever. Neither of those statements are debatable by an objective person.

Also, it's not like he retired and we saw what he ended up being on his own terms, and he wasn't fired or asked to retire due to being past his prime so we'll never really know what his team would've looked like in a few more years. Those "nearly" moments happened with very few 4* players on the roster, but that was changing. Maybe he wins 5 national titles, maybe he loses 5 more big bowl games. We'll never know.

What I do know is he's a great football coach, and I long for the day when I can say that about our coach again. Maybe Rhule improves, but anyone should've gone 2-0 this year. Anyone. If this were a Briles team you'd be criticizing him like crazy, and rightfully so, but since he's gone you leave the new guy alone for some reason and STILL go after the guy that's gone. He's gone, you can stop kicking his carcass and discuss the actual play on the field any day now.

Are you really Gary Patterson? I didn't know Art could live rent-free in 2 people's heads at once.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

DAC said:

xiledinok said:

No, I m not picking Baylor. You ask me who I would take between BC and Baylor.
I am very good at picking games and my acquaintance shares good information.
Ole boy cleaned up during the Baylor tank last season.
I suppose he asked because your reasoning for taking Baylor over Bethune was this is a Baylor board and you are a Baylor fan. Said reasoning (although stupid) would seem to apply to whomever we are playing.

BTW, how is that New York Giants pedigree working out on the defensive side of the ball? Are you pleased with the defensive scheme and effort?
xiledinok
No idiot. He is not a Baylor fan. He loves every minute of it and guys like yourself posting you have no choice to support Rhule then trashing Rhule.
I would pick Baylor over BC. Remember, I was giving everyone advice that tank was happening last year and the betting lines. Did you enjoy Patterson bouncing it off the Bears chin or 4th quarter flop in Austin? I didn't and I remember the damage done by Briles' group.

I ll take New York Giants pedigree over lucky sperm. The defense is improving. The cupboard in the defensive backfield and line is fairly empty to begin with this year. They ll get better.

DAC, 11 sacks. Just tell him once he takes the second step out away from his comfortable pocket to rid himself of the football. These are not 4A or Big 12 defenses he is facing. Those guys can run. Throw the ball away.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
You saw improvement in giving up 34 points to Duke and losing? Moral victories are all we will get. Enjoy the complete football team.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

No idiot. He is not a Baylor fan. He loves every minute of it and guys like yourself posting you have no choice to support Rhule then trashing Rhule.
I would pick Baylor over BC. Remember, I was giving everyone advice that tank was happening last year and the betting lines. Did you enjoy Patterson bouncing it off the Bears chin or 4th quarter flop in Austin? I didn't and I remember the damage done by Briles' group.

I ll take New York Giants pedigree over lucky sperm. The defense is improving. The cupboard in the defensive backfield and line is fairly empty to begin with this year. They ll get better.

DAC, 11 sacks. Just tell him once he takes the second step out away from his comfortable pocket to rid himself of the football. These are not 4A or Big 12 defenses he is facing. Those guys can run. Throw the ball away.

Ah yes, the cup board argument certainly explains missed assignments, over looking opponents and out of shape players, no question. We have less talent than liberty no doubt. And powerhouse UTSA.

How about offense? Surely you love how the New York Giants pedigree is churning out yards and points correct?
PacificBear
Thee University said:

This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.
Can we get a weekly update on Baylor's coaching staff please? Include the whole stealing cash thing too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.