Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,180 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Private Pyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUGWBBear said:

So has Bennett been sent packing at ASU after the coaching change? Or are we gonna hear from Thee's glory days for another 20 pages?

Thee is Al Bundy?
xiledinok
Florida Atlantic -22 against 7-6 Akron Zips.
It will be at home in the Boca Bowl.
Fau is actually much better than that bowl. Fau wins again.
Dec 19 at 6 Espn

Arizona State is going to steer the course to 6-6 and 7-5 for a few seasons. Herm Edwards will be sold as the next Pete Carroll. Herm was able to tell Asu he was aware the school was in the Phoenix area. This was the only necessary question. Good luck with that one.
This thread might need to be continued into next season.
MilliVanilli
PartyBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Judge said:

D. C. Bear said:

robby44 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

7 straight with 2 BCS wasn't **** with this many bowls

Football nirvana is what it was
The sad thing from a football perspective is that the Bears were still on the rise. You can see what kind of special talent Stidham is and we were just starting to get some additional players on defense.
Exactly! We were just getting started.

Yep. We were plugging in a level of talent we had not seen. Oh well.
Time for another history lesson for those who STILL believe that Baylor Football just started in 2010 or 2011.

I know it hurts your ears and eyes but we have had even better talent levels in Waco before. The NFL is a pretty good indicator of talent levels.

There have been 28 players drafted over the past 10 years. This is 2008 through the 2017 drafts.

From 1975 through 1984 we had 36 players selected in the first 7 rounds even though many more were drafted after Round 7.

We have plugged into this level of talent and better in the past.

We could have been on the rise or we could have had another 2015 or even another 2012.

Just proves how great a coach Art was and how mediocre the one's were before him with superior talent
Briles was a good offensive coach, but he also stood on the shoulders of Guy Morriss for doing all the groundwork that allowed him to be the very first coach to have a properly funded and facilitated program in Baylor history.

Big 12 money didn't exist in the program until Morriss got the wheels going and Briles was the first benefactor.

What Grant Teaff did with zero money to his back was miraculous.

I agree with you regarding Morriss' unheralded role in our program's history. That said I dont think Morriss with all the resources we have now and that Briles had would have gotten the program as high as Briles or even close actually.

Briles was a better coach, but Morriss could've been Spike Dykes to Briles' Mike Leach had Baylor given him resources.
xiIedinok
xiledinok said:

Florida Atlantic -22 against 7-6 Akron Zips.
It will be at home in the Boca Bowl.
Fau is actually much better than that bowl. Fau wins again.
Dec 19 at 6 Espn

Arizona State is going to steer the course to 6-6 and 7-5 for a few seasons. Herm Edwards will be sold as the next Pete Carroll. Herm was able to tell Asu he was aware the school was in the Phoenix area. This was the only necessary question. Good luck with that one.
This thread might need to be continued into next season.

It really does need to. KB will be in a big boy conference by then.
xiledinok
MilliVanilli said:

PartyBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Judge said:

D. C. Bear said:

robby44 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

The sad thing from a football perspective is that the Bears were still on the rise. You can see what kind of special talent Stidham is and we were just starting to get some additional players on defense.

Time for another history lesson for those who STILL believe that Baylor Football just started in 2010 or 2011.

I know it hurts your ears and eyes but we have had even better talent levels in Waco before. The NFL is a pretty good indicator of talent levels.

There have been 28 players drafted over the past 10 years. This is 2008 through the 2017 drafts.

From 1975 through 1984 we had 36 players selected in the first 7 rounds even though many more were drafted after Round 7.

We could have been on the rise or we could have had another 2015 or even another 2012.

Just proves how great a coach Art was and how mediocre the one's were before him with superior talent
Briles was a good offensive coach, but he also stood on the shoulders of Guy Morriss for doing all the groundwork that allowed him to be the very first coach to have a properly funded and facilitated program in Baylor history.

Big 12 money didn't exist in the program until Morriss got the wheels going and Briles was the first benefactor.

I agree with you regarding Morriss' unheralded role in our program's history. That said I dont think Morriss with all the resources we have now and that Briles had would have gotten the program as high as Briles or even close actually.

Briles was a better coach, but Morriss could've been Spike Dykes to Briles' Mike Leach had Baylor given him resources.

Poor man's Steve Spurrier. Spurrier didn't let his ego get in his way, hired coordinators that were qualified and were rising stars for head coaching positions.

Bear0, where? I thought he would get the UTEP job. Did BIG UT tell little UT El Paso "no"? Too hard to recruit with only Mexican women to show recruits?
Osodecentx
BearackObama said:

KB will be in a big boy conference by then.
Will Baylor?
Private Pyle
xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

PartyBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Judge said:

D. C. Bear said:

robby44 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Poor man's Steve Spurrier. Spurrier didn't let his ego get in his way, hired coordinators that were qualified and were rising stars for head coaching positions.

Bear0, where? I thought he would get the UTEP job. Did BIG UT tell little UT El Paso "no"? Too hard to recruit with only Mexican women to show recruits?
Spurrier didn't have an ego? lololololol
xiledinok
Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

PartyBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Judge said:

D. C. Bear said:

robby44 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

"Didn't let his ego get in his way"....hired coordinators...everyone knows Spurrier had a huge ego like Briles but he didn't let it get in his way. He understood he would never win it all playing sorry defense. No doubt, a poor man's Spurrier is Briles' legacy.

RioRata
xiledinok said:

Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

PartyBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Judge said:

D. C. Bear said:

robby44 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

"Didn't let his ego get in his way....hired coordinators...everyone knows Spurrier had a huge ego like Briles but he didn't let it get in his way. He understood he would never win it all playing sorry defense. No doubt, a poor man's Spurrier.

Loved how the Ole Ball Coach used to needle Tennessee while he was at UF. "You can't spell Citrus (Bowl) without UT".
xiledinok
RioRata said:

xiledinok said:

Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

PartyBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Judge said:

D. C. Bear said:

robby44 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

"Didn't let his ego get in his way....hired coordinators...everyone knows Spurrier had a huge ego like Briles but he didn't let it get in his way. He understood he would never win it all playing sorry defense. No doubt, a poor man's Spurrier.

Loved how the Ole Ball Coach used to needle Tennessee while he was at UF. "You can't spell Citrus (Bowl) without UT".

He was a character with a big ego but when it came down to winning his ego was set aside to add Bob Stoops and to win a National Championship.

Spurrier goes and hires Stoops and wins it all. Briles treats the fans with a course of Bennett and Norwoo and a d that cannot stop an offense with a pulse.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Private Pyle said:

BUGWBBear said:

So has Bennett been sent packing at ASU after the coaching change? Or are we gonna hear from Thee's glory days for another 20 pages?

Thee is Al Bundy?

I thought that was the boss?
xiledinok
There's nothing happening here for a few days.
I m sure we can get good updates.
Edwards it seems is off to a good start collecting a check.
REX
KB and CPB are busy preparing for their BOWL games. Do you need bowl prep updates?
MilliVanilli
REX said:

KB and CPB are busy preparing for their BOWL games. Do you need bowl prep updates?
What's funny is no one remembered nor cared.

That's how important those games are.

Chanceux
Looks like the folks at ASU want Bennett back.
xiledinok
REX said:

Arizona State is going to be something schools copy or a complete nightmare.
Herm took the job and flew to ESPN to finish out his contract, instead of hitting the ground running recruiting.

Bowl prep? Just keep them out of shopping malls. Akron gave up 45 points its last outing. I think I ll pass and watch the Sportscenter highlights between Lebron and the NFL's physical play.
xiledinok
Chanceux said:

They don't know what they want. The next Pete Carroll is their hope.
EnglishBear
Just announced that Bennett will not be staying at ASU on Edwards's staff. "Family reasons" is the explanation.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

RioRata said:

xiledinok said:

Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

MilliVanilli said:

PartyBear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Judge said:

D. C. Bear said:

robby44 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

He was a character with a big ego but when it came down to winning his ego was set aside to add Bob Stoops and to win a National Championship.

Spurrier goes and hires Stoops and wins it all. Briles treats the fans with a course of Bennett and Norwoo and a d that cannot stop an offense with a pulse.

A little easier to recruit talent and hire quality assistants when you're at Florida as opposed to Baylor. I suspect Spurrier wouldn't have had half the success of Briles had he been at Baylor. Hell he couldn't even do it at South Carolina.
LionBear
MilliVanilli said:

REX said:

Shhh.....

they are playing each other in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl
LionBear
Chanceux said:

Whoops. Check your sources.
LionBear
EnglishBear said:

Just announced that Bennett will not be staying at ASU on Edwards's staff. "Family reasons" is the explanation.

This is short for "we don't want you as part of our coaching family".
Malbec
TV55 said:

EnglishBear said:

What you don't know is a lot. Stop proving it.
xiIedinok
TV55 said:

EnglishBear said:

You've proven to be pretty damn stupid, but if you really think Bennett was fired instead of him not wanting to be a part of that ridiculous experiment in Tempe then you're tied with xiled and Milli for the ignorant dumbass award.

Edit: in case you are that much of a dumbass - https://247sports.com/college/arizona-state/Article/Top-coordinators-Billy-Napier-Phil-Bennett-offer-insight-into-futures-with-ASU-111530316
Chanceux
TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

Jeezus. You are a gotdanged loony toon. You know that? Crazy. Edwards and his dadgum AD wanted him there. But dont let any of this talk distract you from being bats!@# crazy.
LionBear
Chanceux said:

TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

Jeezus. You are a gotdanged loony toon. You know that? Crazy. Edwards and his dadgum AD wanted him there. But dont let any of this talk distract you from being bats!@# crazy.

This is awesome. My post was intended to generate some overreaction - mission accomplished.

So, Bearrack, Chanceaux and Malbec - were you guys on the prior staff or just related to the prior staff?

Which is it? No one responds as fast and furiously to that post without being one or the other.

Thanks for the self-identification.
Chanceux
TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

This is awesome. My post was intended to generate some overreaction - mission accomplished.

So, Bearrack, Chanceaux and Malbec - were you guys on the prior staff or just related to the prior staff?

Which is it? No one responds as fast and furiously to that post without being one or the other.

Generate some overreaction? Like callin out bobbypop earlier? Yer just acting crazy. Sooner you realize that yer fandom may go overboard the better there hoss. Id say that the things you say on here are more a general pattern of nuttiness about Baylor sports.
LionBear
Chanceux said:

TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

Generate some overreaction? Like callin out bobbypop earlier? Yer just acting crazy. Sooner you realize that yer fandom may go overboard the better there hoss. Id say that the things you say on here are more a general pattern of nuttiness about Baylor sports.

So how are you related to Kendall or Phil? Or am I talking straight to Phil?

Phil - you probably made the right call. Enjoy your retirement and thanks for your years at BU.
REX
TV55 said:

MilliVanilli said:

REX said:

Shhh.....

they are playing each other in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl

How long do we have to try to keep it a secret that football season isn't over?
Chanceux
TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

TV55 said:

Chanceux said:

So how are you related to Kendall or Phil? Or am I talking straight to Phil?

Phil - you probably made the right call. Enjoy your retirement and thanks for your years at BU.
Bubba Im a Baylor grad and truthfully I dont even owe you any sort of explanation about who I am. I reckon you need some meds though.
Thee University
BearackObama said:

TV55 said:

EnglishBear said:

You've proven to be pretty damn stupid, but if you really think Bennett was fired instead of him not wanting to be a part of that ridiculous experiment in Tempe then you're tied with xiled and Milli for the ignorant dumbass award.

Edit: in case you are that much of a dumbass - https://247sports.com/college/arizona-state/Article/Top-coordinators-Billy-Napier-Phil-Bennett-offer-insight-into-futures-with-ASU-111530316
Wait a minute...............................I've been told that I am the leading ignorant dumb@$$
REX
Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

TV55 said:

EnglishBear said:

Wait a minute...............................I've been told that I am the leading ignorant dumb@$$

Your safe
xiledinok
Bennett underperformed at Baylor and was a token hire among the good ole boy coaching network. If it mattered in Phoenix, Bennett would have been eliminated by the paying customers prior to his hiring.
Graham's miserable attempt to sure up his defense could convince no one he wanted his job this year.
The buyout was too high last season.

Thank you Limited for keeping it moving forward. I had a very good idea what was going down in Tempe this season. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Rex, tell us about Akron. Is Terry Bowden still their head coach?
REX
xiledinok said:

Bennett underperformed at Baylor and was a token hire among the good ole boy coaching network. If it mattered in Phoenix, Bennett would have been eliminated by the paying customers prior to his hiring.
Graham's miserable attempt to sure up his defense could convince no one he wanted his job this year.

Thank you Limited for keeping it moving forward. I had a very good idea what was going down in Tempe this season. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Rex, tell us about Akron. Is Terry Bowden still their head coach?

No but you will be able to watch them soon since they have a BOWL game left to play!
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Rex, tell us about Akl ron. Is Terry Bowden still their head coach?

No but you will be able to watch them soon since they have a BOWL game left to play!
No, I have a couple of Bears play in the NBA that evening. They are slight favors.
I 'll catch the highlights. How many points will you give me? I think this bowl game for FAU isn't is good as their group. They would be a Top 40 Team bowl, imo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.