Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,092 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

How did Stidham, the quitter, get in this thread?
X Brought him into it
Private Pyle
Bennett was a horrible d coord, but all the sunshine pumpers said he was good. The reason his d gave up a lot of points was bc of our quick scoring o. Are pumpers now saying Bennett wasn't good? I never thought he was but Milli and others said he was good.

Snow is below average and now we see why he is not a HC and not a dc at a big school.
D. C. Bear
Private Pyle said:

Bennett was a horrible d coord, but all the sunshine pumpers said he was good. The reason his d gave up a lot of points was bc of our quick scoring o. Are pumpers now saying Bennett wasn't good? I never thought he was but Milli and others said he was good.

Snow is below average and now we see why he is not a HC and not a dc at a big school.

Bennett was average to above average.
MilliVanilli
Private Pyle said:

Bennett was a serviceable journeyman coordinator, flattered you're obsessed with my posts though, even though your literacy issues cause you to interpret random things from them.

xiledinok
D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Compared to who? For an average to above average coach he sure gets fired a bunch. I guess "points per possession" only flies in the bubble.
xiledinok
Private Pyle said:

Snow has done a great deal more than El Chico. He actually doesn't have a streak of getting fired.
El Chico gave up a bunch of points because his group couldn't stop an offense with a pulse.
D. C. Bear
xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Compared to who? For an average to above average coach he sure gets fired a bunch. I guess "points per possession" only flies in the bubble.

Compared to his competition nationally. Starting in 2013, Bennett's defenses were average to above average. They were not great, but nor were they as horrible as some like to pretend. This has all been discusssed before at length.
303Bear
D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Compared to his competition nationally. Starting in 2013, Bennett's defenses were average to above average. They were not great, but nor were they as horrible as some like to pretend. This has all been discusssed before at length.
Careful D.C., you know facts have no place on this board.
xiledinok
D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Who on the national level praised Bennett and our defense? Giving up half a hundred against TCU was quality? UCF?
Who else in the country openly used "points per possession" (a basketball stat) to justify terrible play?
xiledinok
303Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Facts are not disingenuous information. A quality quarterback and an offense with a pulse resulted in bad results for the Bears.
xiIedinok
xiledinok said:

303Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Facts are not disingenuous information. A quality quarterback and an offense with a pulse resulted in bad results for the Bears.

TX Tech - #2 total offense, #2 scoring offense
OK State - #22 total offense, #14 scoring offense
UNC - #18 total offense, #9 scoring offense

What were the bad results here?
Why does xiled keep showing everyone on here he is a completely ignorant idiot? Poor guy.

REX
xiledinok said:

303Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Please stop while you're only this deep.
Quit digging.
xiledinok
BearackObama said:

xiledinok said:

303Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

TX Tech - #2 total offense, #2 scoring offense
OK State - #22 total offense, #14 scoring offense
UNC - #18 total offense, #9 scoring offense

What were the bad results here?
Why does xiled keep showing everyone on here he is a completely ignorant idiot? Poor guy.

Did the Bears stop UNC? What about OU? Their quarterback in 2015 might have won a Heisman two years early. Oh, the Mall Fight? Bennett lost to Tyrone Swoopes. The wing T or 18 wheeler, no one was getting stopped.
Baylor played good defense under Bennett?

Bear0, "one foot out" was cocaine, another drug, booze or pills? Admission is the first step to recovery.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

303Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Quit digging.
You have a financial incentive to post.
Good grief, are people this dumb in East Texas?
If the quarterback was a football player who delivered the football down the field, not a middle eastern rock thrower, Baylor was in for a fight.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

303Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Quit digging.

If the quarterback was a football player who delivery the football down the field,.

Says it all
robby44
D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Which is fine when you are winning conference championships and nationally ranked
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

303Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Quit digging.

If the quarterback was a football player who delivery the football down the field,.

Says it all
Yeah, my typing was on par with our Bennett D.
Rex, tell us who we dazzled defensively other than Ou with a rock thrower?
xiledinok
robby44 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Which is fine when you are winning conference championships and nationally ranked
but will you win it all?
303Bear
robby44 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Careful Robby, Thee will claim you have a pencil neck with too much talk like that.
Private Pyle
D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Lol.
Private Pyle
xiledinok said:

robby44 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

but will you win it all?

Yes

Also, i rather be in the top 10 and not win the NC than be ranked 113.
D. C. Bear
Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Lol.

The numbers indicate that his defenses were average to above average starting in 2013.
You can "lol" all you want.
Thee University
303Bear said:

robby44 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Careful Robby, Thee will claim you have a pencil neck with too much talk like that.
I'm an avowed Robby fan. Have been for about 30 years now.

No pencils in that neck. If it was it would look like this.

xiledinok
Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

robby44 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

but will you win it all?

Yes

I d rather actually finish in the Final Poll's Top 10. Choking away bowl games with horrendous defense won't win it all or get a team a Final Top 10 team ranking.
Herm Edwards is getting hired and Herm only knew Arizona State was in the Phoenix area from preliminary reports about Harm's interview. The ASU alumni are going to get a hype machine that involves selling Herm as the next Pete Carroll.

Private Pyle
D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Lol.

The numbers indicate that his defenses were average to above average starting in 2013.

Please post these numbers.
Private Pyle
xiledinok said:

Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

robby44 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

but will you win it all?

Yes

I d rather actually finish in the Final Poll's Top 10. Choking away bowl games with horrendous defense won't win it all or get a team a Final Top 10 team ranking.
Herm Edwards is getting hired and Herm only knew Arizona State was in the Phoenix area from preliminary reports about Harm's interview. The ASU alumni are going to get a hype machine that involves selling Herm as the next Pete Carroll.

Well we will never have to worry about choking in a major bowl again.
Malbec
Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Lol.

Again? Why?
Private Pyle
Malbec said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Lol.

Again? Why?

Bennett was a horrible dc for us. He looks good now bc Snow is even worse.
Osodecentx
Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

Private Pyle said:

Yes

Not for a long, long time
xiledinok
Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

robby44 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

but will you win it all?

Yes

Maybe so. Too bad the face of rape among college athletics didn't hire qualified offensive coordinators at a big price that Baylor was willing to pay. Instead, the inexperienced choked it all away.
Quality control wasn't in their coaching DNA.
Baylor and Briles might realize in a few years that they took success for granted and thought they would succeed cutting corners. The short cuts killed the brands.
Private Pyle
Their brand is doing well at FAU, Auburn, and many other schools
MilliVanilli
Private Pyle said:

Their brand is doing well at FAU, Auburn, and many other schools
Do you know what a brand is?

brand
brand/
noun

[ol]
    a type of product manufactured by a particular company under a particular name.
    "a new brand of detergent"
    synonyms:
    make, line, label, marque; More
  • an identifying mark burned on livestock or (especially formerly) criminals or slaves with a branding iron.synonyms:identification, marker, earmark"the brand on a sheep"[/ol]

Because their brand is doing nothing at Auburn or FAU.

There's a former qb and a guy that never played a down for them that they recruited that now plays running back at Auburn.

And there's a coach related to Art at FAU.

And what are these "many others" you speak of?

D. C. Bear
    Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Lol.

No thanks. I don't care enough to go back and look them up again. He's not here. You can find them. Points per drive given up, yards per play, etc. Go look up defensive efficiency stats. (DFEI) You'll see average to above average after 2012 there is a clear break between 2012 and before on the one hand and 2013 and following on the other. You won'd see great, but you won'd see the horrible numbers that were there from 2008-2012. It is what it is.
    Malbec
    Private Pyle said:

Malbec said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Lol.

Again? Why?

Was he a horrible DC in the Big XII?

2013 Total Defense (4th), Scoring Defense (4th), Pass Defense (2nd), Rush Defense (5th), Pass Efficiency Defense (4th)
    2014 Total Defense (4th), Scoring Defense (4th), Pass Defense (7th), Rush Defense (3rd), Pass Efficiency Defense (6th)
    2015 Total Defense (3rd), Scoring Defense (4th), Pass Defense (4th), Rush Defense (3rd), Pass Efficiency Defense (5th)
    2016 Total Defense (4th), Scoring Defense (6th), Pass Defense (2nd), Rush Defense (7th), Pass Efficiency Defense (1st)

Horrible? Baylor finished in the top half of the B12 in 16 of 20 defensive statistical categories from 2013-16. I wouldn't go so far as to say horrible.
    Private Pyle
    Malbec said:

Private Pyle said:

Malbec said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

D. C. Bear said:

Private Pyle said:

Lol.

Again? Why?

Was he a horrible DC in the Big XII?

2013 Total Defense (4th), Scoring Defense (4th), Pass Defense (2nd), Rush Defense (5th), Pass Efficiency Defense (4th)
    2014 Total Defense (4th), Scoring Defense (4th), Pass Defense (7th), Rush Defense (3rd), Pass Efficiency Defense (6th)
    2015 Total Defense (3rd), Scoring Defense (4th), Pass Defense (4th), Rush Defense (3rd), Pass Efficiency Defense (5th)
    2016 Total Defense (4th), Scoring Defense (6th), Pass Defense (2nd), Rush Defense (7th), Pass Efficiency Defense (1st)

Horrible? Baylor finished in the top half of the B12 in 16 of 20 defensive statistical categories from 2013-16. I wouldn't go so far as to say horrible.
    ok, he was a bad DC......

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.