Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,063 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller said:

EK bear said:

Why does this thread still exist? Time to move on, Thee.
This.

Who cares what other coaches are doing, they have moved on.

Thee is having fun.
He's earned it.
Let him have fun.
I'm helping you blinders wearers heal. You are starting to realize those 2 lost us more games than they helped win. Particularly The Aggie,

Heal! Let go of your past transgressions and accept your needed enema!
Amen! Rhule will get us where that has-been Briles never could. Undoubtedly, a national championship awaits! Am I right, Thee?
One step at a time. Let's win 1 game first.

Are you with me or still clinging to a tainted robe?
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller said:

EK bear said:

This.

Thee is having fun.
He's earned it.
Let him have fun.
I'm helping you blinders wearers heal. You are starting to realize those 2 lost us more games than they helped win. Particularly The Aggie,

Amen! Rhule will get us where that has-been Briles never could. Undoubtedly, a national championship awaits! Am I right, Thee?

Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller said:

EK bear said:

This.

Thee is having fun.
He's earned it.
Let him have fun.

Come on, you predicted greatness. Have some confidence! Briles is a has-been who was never going to get us over the top. Perennial underachiever who never accomplished anything of substance and then tarnished our proud football tradition.

Rhule is restoring order, and going to bring a balanced attack that is going to achieve the greatness that loser Briles never could. Can I get an amen?!!!
Forest Bueller
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller said:

EK bear said:

This.

Thee is having fun.
He's earned it.
Let him have fun.

WTHeck is a blinder healer. I agreed with you all along that there were 3 areas Briles needed to improve.

1) Discipline. 2) Defense 3) Special Teams

My dad was coach and both brothers are coaches. Trust me, I understand how people look at coaches. That why I am saying time to move on. They are the past.

Funny coaching story. My brother was defensive coordinator at a 6A DISD school, I was watching one of his games and one parent was particularly pissed that his kid wasn't playing, well he wasn't any good, but that's beyond the point, parents don't care. They were playing early 90's Carter and getting their ass kicked. He went on about what a bad coach and idiot the "defensive Coordinator" was cause his "superstar" kid never got to play, I unfortunately was right next to him. He finally turned to me and said something, like, can you believe what that coach is doing. I said, sure, I've been listening to his crap for 30 years, since he's my brother. Of course I do.

Hahaha that was fun, not a freaking word out of the ******* the rest of the game.

Quite being pissy and trying to lump us all into the same basket Thee. I also ain't limp wristed, concave chested, or pencil necked. I even agreed with you when it had pertinence, or any point.

Now it doesn't.

Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller said:

EK bear said:

This.

Thee is having fun.
He's earned it.
Let him have fun.

Come on, you predicted greatness. Have some confidence! Briles is a has-been who was never going to get us over the top. Perennial underachiever who never accomplished anything of substance and then tarnished our proud football tradition.

Rhule is restoring order, and going to bring a balanced attack that is going to achieve the greatness that loser Briles never could. Can I get an amen?!!!
Preach on Brother!
Thee University
Forest Bueller said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller said:

EK bear said:

OWhy does this thread still exist? Time to move on, Thee.
This.

Thee is having fun.
He's earned it.
Let him have fun.

WTHeck is a blinder healer. I agreed with you all along that there were 3 areas Briles needed to improve.

1) Discipline. 2) Defense 3) Special Teams

My dad was coach and both brothers are coaches. Trust me, I understand how people look at coaches. That why I am saying time to move on. They are the past.

Funny coaching story. My brother was defensive coordinator at a 6A DISD school, I was watching one of his games and one parent was particularly pissed that his kid wasn't playing, well he wasn't any good, but that's beyond the point, parents don't care. They were playing early 90's Carter and getting their ass kicked. He went on about what a bad coach and idiot the "defensive Coordinator" was cause his "superstar" kid never got to play, I unfortunately was right next to him. He finally turned to me and said something, like, can you believe what that coach is doing. I said, sure, I've been listening to his crap for 30 years, since he's my brother. Of course I do.

Hahaha that was fun, not a freaking word out of the ******* the rest of the game.

Quite being pissy and trying to lump us all into the same basket Thee. I also ain't limp wristed, concave chested, or pencil necked. I even agreed with you when it had pertinence, or any point.

Now it doesn't.

Backbone.

Experience.

I've got you marked in green.

Not everyone is marked in PINK.
Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller said:

EK bear said:

This.

Thee is having fun.
He's earned it.
Let him have fun.

Preach on Brother!
I will! Briles sucked @ss. Horrible coach. Any number of coaches could have easily duplicated his meager success. So he got us a couple of conference championships, a Heisman trophy and some major bowl appearances. So the f*** what. We now have a coach who is going to play smashmouth physical football on BOTH sides of the ball. Our defense is going to look like the defenses of old. 7-5 here we come baby!!! Bluebonnet bowl, you better look out!!! Right, Thee?
Forest Bueller
Oops, sorry I forgot scheduling. I didn't much like the Briles scheduling either, but it wasn't really that big a deal except it gave the talking people some ammo.

A shame Rhule didn't get them together for Liberty and UTSA.

They looked much improved this week. Mims is a star, Smith has an NFL arm, both small school guys.

Defense was chippy but tired out in the end. Loved how Mayfield got planted on his ass that one play.

I think Rhule will get it turned around within a reasonable amount of time.

RegentCoverup
Forest Bueller said:

EK bear said:

LWhy does this thread still exist? Time to move on, Thee.
This.

There are people in every college town whose primary claim to fame is some loose association wth the college sports team or its head coach. It creates a halo effect that blinds people to the realities and responsibilities of leadership.

Question these people, and you get a thread like this.
RegentCoverup
Forest Bueller said:

POops, sorry I forgot scheduling. I didn't much like the Briles scheduling either, but it wasn't really that big a deal except it gave the talking people some ammo.

A shame Rhule didn't get them together for Liberty and UTSA.

They looked much improved this week. Mims is a star, Smith has an NFL arm, both small school guys.

Defense was chippy but tired out in the end. Loved how Mayfield got planted on his ass that one play.

I think Rhule will get it turned around within a reasonable amount of time.

I don't ask anyone to be pro Rhule or anti Briles. But that's the response many are clinging to in th face of their thrones being torn down.

Baylors football program can be anything it's leaders want it to be. But people need to grasp that it's not an all or nothing affair..
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

The Ferrari looked great but certain actions by those with the keys totaled it out .

The Fiesta Bowl was a good indication what was ahead. The objective at Baylor was to go fast in every judgment and bolt. Unfortunately for him, a bunch of Bubba Gravehaulers don't run Texas.
You didn't even like the Ferrari. Why do you care it was totaled?

I loved the Ferrari. Monty was the best driver. The other two drivers should have been parking the Ferrari and not driving it.
I didn't like the mini van defense. Whatever the performance, it was praised for just getting out of the driveway. The special teams were like a beat up like a Dodge Durango. You would feel bad watching your neighbors drive it. I guess the discipline was a _____________ van. Custom van wouldn't be my first choice.

I ll update on FAU later in the week.
D.C. must be disgruntled ex Baylor p.r.
Briles is Princess Diana to some posters.
Briles is gone, like you wanted. Enjoy the more "balanced" approach moving forward. I am sure it will win us multiple conference championships, Heisman trophies and bowl games.
It probably will.
I am typically not a betting man, but how much do you want to wager on that? I like Rhule, but predicting multiple championships, Heisman trophies and winning bowl games based on what we've seen thus far is a little premature.
Yep, Rhule could be a great coach and never win a national championship or have a player win a Heisman trophy. Many great coaches never do. I don't think it is premature to say we will be winning bowl games based on what we've seen thus far.
Boy howdy that Heisman sure has done wonders for us!
Just sayin'.

Speak in complete sentences and I will take you seriously!

It is a slap in the faces of 100 years of Baylor men who strapped on the green & gold to insinuate that 1 single player built that stadium. John Eddy & Drayton are more responsible than RG3.

It's posts like this that make people believe you are insecure about your status in Baylor lore. A new stadium was barely even a pipe dream before Briles and RG3 got here. We are still playing at Floyd Casey if those 2 had not come to Baylor. That's not even debatable.
xiledinok
The stadium had been in the plans prior to Briles. The school acquired the property for the library or football palace. Guy Morriss' tenure began the facility expansion.
It wasn't a pipe dream. Ian was taking the Higher's money. It was clear as hell they were headed that way.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

The Ferrari looked great but certain actions by those with the keys totaled it out .

The Fiesta Bowl was a good indication what was ahead. The objective at Baylor was to go fast in every judgment and bolt. Unfortunately for him, a bunch of Bubba Gravehaulers don't run Texas.

I loved the Ferrari. Monty was the best driver. The other two drivers should have been parking the Ferrari and not driving it.
I didn't like the mini van defense. Whatever the performance, it was praised for just getting out of the driveway. The special teams were like a beat up like a Dodge Durango. You would feel bad watching your neighbors drive it. I guess the discipline was a _____________ van. Custom van wouldn't be my first choice.

Briles is gone, like you wanted. Enjoy the more "balanced" approach moving forward. I am sure it will win us multiple conference championships, Heisman trophies and bowl games.
It probably will.
I am typically not a betting man, but how much do you want to wager on that? I like Rhule, but predicting multiple championships, Heisman trophies and winning bowl games based on what we've seen thus far is a little premature.
Yep, Rhule could be a great coach and never win a national championship or have a player win a Heisman trophy. Many great coaches never do. I don't think it is premature to say we will be winning bowl games based on what we've seen thus far.
Just sayin'.

It is a slap in the faces of 100 years of Baylor men who strapped on the green & gold to insinuate that 1 single player built that stadium. John Eddy & Drayton are more responsible than RG3.

It's posts like this that make people believe you are insecure about your status in Baylor lore. A new stadium was barely even a pipe dream before Briles and RG3 got here. We are still playing at Floyd Casey if those 2 had not come to Baylor. That's not even debatable.
Insecure? Ha!

I am 100% secure and locked away a happy camper in Baylor lore. I would not trade my 4 years of eligibility, friends and overall experiences for any other 4 years before or since. We did more with less than just about any team ever fielded by Baylor. In 1980 we lost our Athletic Dining Hall due to budget cutbacks. We had pipe cemented into paint cans for dumbells. I could go on and on. Would not trade my 4 years for anything.

My point remains, there are several THOUSAND men that put on the green & gold before RG3 and Briles arrived. Each one of them (players, trainers, mgrs, coaches and admin) played an integral roll in preparing Baylor for our new 40,000 seat Brazos River stadium.

You are obviously young and know nothing of what went on in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's.

This thinking of Baylor Football just being invented around 2010 or so is a primary reason I talk about BU Football from years gone by.

I'd be honored to take you into the Lettermen's Lounge (B Association) prior to a game this season and then again at halftime to meet some of these men who paved the way for our new stadium. Send me an email and we can get this set up. As a Life Member I have a few extra passes on me each week.

hodedofome
Nobody was talking seriously about a new stadium before this millennium. And nobody was demanding it until Briles said so. And nobody could threaten to walk if it didn't happen like Briles did. And the nice part about it is Briles was actually successful on the field so people and donors were highly motivated to make it happen and keep him happy.
xiledinok
hodedofome said:

Nobody was talking seriously about a new stadium before this millennium. And nobody was demanding it until Briles said so. And nobody could threaten to walk if it didn't happen like Briles did. And the nice part about it is Briles was actually successful on the field so people and donors were highly motivated to make it happen and keep him happy.
Didn't Drayton McLane have a big tax donation in 2011 when the Astros sale was completed?
You realize the stadium isn't paid off?

People pre plan gifts.
bearlyafarmer
I actually thought about Thee last Saturday when J.D. Walton was recognized as a Baylor Legend. I realized that not only was he in the Letterman Lounge realizing that his teams had nothing at all to do with the birth of the stadium in which he was sitting, but also that for the rest of his natural life he'll be seeing CAB's players introduced as Baylor Legends. Man, that's gonna be a grind.
Life is more about asking the right questions than giving the right answers.
xiledinok
Kansas is getting a new stadium. Is it economics of Power 5 sports or the players at Kansas?
DAC
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

It probably will.
Just sayin'.

You're right, Thee. They built that stadium because of you. Didn't have anything to do with Briles or RG3
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

It probably will.
Just sayin'.

Insecure? Ha!

I am 100% secure and locked away a happy camper in Baylor lore. I would not trade my 4 years of eligibility, friends and overall experiences for any other 4 years before or since. We did more with less than just about any team ever fielded by Baylor. In 1980 we lost our Athletic Dining Hall due to budget cutbacks. We had pipe cemented into paint cans for dumbells. I could go on and on. Would not trade my 4 years for anything.

My point remains, there are several THOUSAND men that put on the green & gold before RG3 and Briles arrived. Each one of them (players, trainers, mgrs, coaches and admin) played an integral roll in preparing Baylor for our new 40,000 seat Brazos River stadium.

You are obviously young and know nothing of what went on in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's.

This thinking of Baylor Football just being invented around 2010 or so is a primary reason I talk about BU Football from years gone by.

I'd be honored to take you into the Lettermen's Lounge (B Association) prior to a game this season and then again at halftime to meet some of these men who paved the way for our new stadium. Send me an email and we can get this set up. As a Life Member I have a few extra passes on me each week.

Nor should you. You and every player that came before will always be a big part of Baylor and her history. You are all highly thought of (as players anyway) and highly appreciated for the contributions you have made throughout Baylor's history. But the fact of the matter is that there is no McLane Stadium without Briles and RG3. But please realize, as I say this, this statement is not meant to and does NOT take away from everything you and those before did and accomplished at Baylor. It merely recognizes the context in which the stadium was built. You and every single player that has ever worn the green and gold have made valuable contributions for the many years of Baylor's history. No one can take that from any of you. But at the same time, Briles and RG3 brought a whirlwind of notoriety and excitement without which McLane Stadium would not exist today. Acknowledging this in no way, shape or form diminishes anything you or anyone else's accomplishments at Baylor University.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
xiledinok said:

I have great confidence in Rhule. He was wise enough to fix his problems. In the past, we were the same team from game 1 through 12.
Rhule has a tough job ahead. He ll have the robe touchers coming after him weekly.

Most coaches getting paid a million dollars are able to pick out their real starting qb and dont lose to Liberty or Duke or UTSA. He has tried to fix the problems his own incompetence created. 0-4 is not fixed btw
granite
Thee University said:

Thee, I looked for you this past weekend in the lounge whilst eating a George's chicken sandwich with my wife and kids....I won't be back to a home game until UT, and would sincerely like to finally meet you in person.....oh and yes, football did exist prior to 2010 and some of it was pretty dang good.
xiledinok
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

xiledinok said:

I have great confidence in Rhule. He was wise enough to fix his problems. In the past, we were the same team from game 1 through 12.
Rhule has a tough job ahead. He ll have the robe touchers coming after him weekly.

Most coaches getting paid a million dollars are able to pick out their real starting qb and dont lose to Liberty or Duke or UTSA. He has tried to fix the problems his own incompetence created. 0-4 is not fixed btw
Coach, they lost that game because of the lack of talent and depth on defense against Liberty.
You need to blame Rhule for UTSA. Our Briles created mid major conference defense cannot stop anyone with a pulse. Your high school safeties from decades ago could run better than what we be seen thus far. You could stuff things down your pants and out coach Bennett. You can admit it.

I was pissed off when the OU back was gone prior to midfield on that long run. It reminded me how slow our secondary was in 2007 when I witnessed Guy Mo D get gashed for about 100 yards by Christine Michael. At least this time our senior was at the line to at least whiff on the play.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Lol. Hal Mummy told us once before a game he only expected the defense to break serve once or twice a game. He expected us (offensive coaches) to win the game. There is no excuse for losing to Liberty or UTSA or Duke. We have more talent than all three combined.

CMR talks a good game but he hasnt reached any level of competence yet. The qb issue and his talk of a "hybrid" offense convinced me he is in way over his head.
xiledinok

Lol. Hal Mummy told us once before a game he only expected the defense to break serve once or twice a game. He expected us (offensive coaches) to win the game. There is no excuse for losing to Liberty or UTSA or Duke. We have more talent than all three combined.

CMR talks a good game but he hasnt reached any level of competence yet. The qb issue and his talk of a "hybrid" offense convinced me he is in way over his head.
Getting our asses beat like D2 dogs at the point of attack convinced me there's very little depth or talent.
Limited, I believe in the fact that great coaches learn when burned. Rhule seems burned to the point he has his first strike.
The King of Jack Rabbit offenses himself not drive you to coach D? After watching enough Jack rabbit, I would rather watch Triple Option Davis, Oklahoma these days. No excuses for 4 hour football games.
granite
we could use a little of that Hal Mummy offensive ingenuity right about now.....just sayin
Thee University
DAC said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

It probably will.
Just sayin'.

You're right, Thee. They built that stadium because of you. Didn't have anything to do with Briles or RG3
Didn't say that the stadium was built by me or my teammates. Also did not say that RG3 was not a part of it. He helped too but was not the sole reason.

Why is reading comprehension so difficult for you millennials????

It is almost as if you are like today's political climate/antifa/blm and others who keep repeating falsehoods over and over and over for so long that the mental midget crowd starts believing it.
DAC
Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

MilliVanilli said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

It probably will.
Just sayin'.

Didn't say that the stadium was built by me or my teammates. Also did not say that RG3 was not a part of it. He helped too but was not the sole reason.

Why is reading comprehension so difficult for you millennials????

It is almost as if you are like today's political climate/antifa/blm and others who keep repeating falsehoods over and over and over for so long that the mental midget crowd starts believing it.

We know you needed some attention little buddy.
ColomboLQ
xiledinok said:

xiledinok said:

Coach, they lost that game because of the lack of talent and depth on defense against Liberty.
You need to blame Rhule for UTSA. Our Briles created mid major conference defense cannot stop anyone with a pulse. Your high school safeties from decades ago could run better than what we be seen thus far. You could stuff things down your pants and out coach Bennett. You can admit it.

I was pissed off when the OU back was gone prior to midfield on that long run. It reminded me how slow our secondary was in 2007 when I witnessed Guy Mo D get gashed for about 100 yards by Christine Michael. At least this time our senior was at the line to at least whiff on the play.
That's not even close to true. They lost the game because they did not come to the game mentally prepared to play as evidenced by the 40+ missed assignments and all the talk of "overlooking the opponent". Talent and depth have NOTHING to do with that.

And you need to quit insulting our current players with things like this. It's been proven over and over again that there is definitely talent on the defensive side of the ball and they've shown flashes of talent on the field both this year and in the past. To say otherwise is insulting to the players and disingenuous at best.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

xiledinok said:

I can't believe Baylor fans keep trotting out this weak stupid crap - we lost to Liberty because of lack of talent.

It's Liberty. We are Baylor. There is no excuse for such a loss.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Getting our asses beat like D2 dogs at the point of attack convinced me there's very little depth or talent.
Limited, I believe in the fact that great coaches learn when burned. Rhule seems burned to the point he has his first strike.
The King of Jack Rabbit offenses himself not drive you to coach D? After watching enough Jack rabbit, I would rather watch Triple Option Davis, Oklahoma these days. No excuses for 4 hour football games.
This right here is proof why your opinion should be disregarded. Our jack rabbit offense put us on the map, scored a lot of points, and was the most prolific offense in the nation. It made us a brand. Anyone who didn't enjoy it needs to examine whether they are truly Baylor fans.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
xiledinok said:

I was Mumme's OL coach at Cove when he took the head job at Iowa Weslyan. He offered me the OL job there but I was going through a messy divorce and had three young kids. I couldn't give him an answer by his deadline because I wasnt going to move to Iowa without my kids. Long story short he hired some jackwagon named Mike Leach instead. I got custody and could have moved a week later. I liked Mumme's offense but I dont think it was as good as Hugh Massey. Coach Massey got killed in a car wreck. He had been talking to Mouse Davis about the OC job for the USFL New York Knights and had said he would take some of us with him. I missed the big time twice. Sorry to ramble but I like the run and shoot O. While I was at Cove we beat some pass happy coach named Art Briles. I coached both sides my first year at LaMarque but after that I was always coached OL, receiver or OC. I was told on this board last week I dont know football.
xiledinok
You should ask for a refund for Liberty. You could have watched D2 jewels for $5.
Good talent up front doesn't get pushed around by Liberty.
Thee University

xiledinok said:

I was Mumme's OL coach at Cove when he took the head job at Iowa Weslyan. He offered me the OL job there but I was going through a messy divorce and had three young kids. I couldn't give him an answer by his deadline because I wasnt going to move to Iowa without my kids. Long story short he hired some jackwagon named Mike Leach instead. I got custody and could have moved a week later. I liked Mumme's offense but I dont think it was as good as Hugh Massey. Coach Massey got killed in a car wreck. He had been talking to Mouse Davis about the OC job for the USFL New York Knights and had said he would take some of us with him. I missed the big time twice. Sorry to ramble but I like the run and shoot O. While I was at Cove we beat some pass happy coach named Art Briles. I coached both sides my first year at LaMarque but after that I was always coached OL, receiver or OC. I was told on this board last week I dont know football.
I'm throwing a flag on some of this. New York Knights? The USFL lasted from 1983-1985. There was no New York team. Did you mean the New Jersey Generals?

There was a World League of American Football in the early 90's.

xiledinok
I enjoyed the jack rabbit Ferrari offense but suffered when the mini van D, Dodge Durango special teams and _____________ van discipline.

Thee University
xiledinok said:

I enjoyed the jack rabbit Ferrari offense but suffered when the mini van D, Dodge Durango special teams and _____________ van discipline.

Minivan D? It was an Edsel D.

Special teams? Yugo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.