Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,096 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearackObama said:

xiledinok said:

bobo said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

NIn all my years in exile, the 4 star transfer Fau took from Ou was the first time I didn't hear anyone cry about losing a 4 star and none of the local fanboys on the radio were distraught he left.
He was at Ou a semester and had already gotten loaded up more than a freight train named after Josh Gordon. I bet Lame will let him play on pills and booze because he can play.

Pro coaches names?
Thanks
NBA coaches. One is a Hall of Famer.
Many pro football players agree.

Rex, when thinking Baylor football or college football, I ask myself one question.
WWJD. What would Jimster do? He had swag, the U, and a talented but wild bunch of guys. He would handle it. He had discipline.
Jimmy had discipline in the locker room. Not so much, if at all outside. Yes he would cut a scrub for break8ng some rules or being late. If you were a good player? No. Just look at the infamous White House when he coached the cowboys. Okie state? Pretty much anything went as long as you were talented and knew how to tell time. And he was well aware of what went on at every stop.

Miami? Please.

He did an excellent job. He always kept them under wraps. Miami had minimal issues.
The pros are an entirely different bunch. Tom Landry kept things quiet but adults are hard to control.
The white house was a good idea. Individuals blew the lid off their own behavior. Alvin Harper was a good teammate.

Strange that Bennett posts are ignored but it is a pep rally for FAU.
It's anti climactic with UNT. Rex can order his championship t shirt. Then off to my favorite bxll**** bowl in Nassua.
Lot of excuses lately from the guy who said he was "No Excuses Fan" on BFans.

Bennett's team went 6-3 in conference and finished 2nd in the Pac-12 South, with 2 wins over ranked teams (one of them being #5 in the country).

Bahamas Bowl is already set with UAB and Ohio. Owls will just have to settle for a better bowl with more exposure.

Know it sucks for you that both the coaches who are the topic of this thread are playing in December but no need to keep making yourself look stupid.
What is stupid is the fact you are on a Baylor fan site after 18 months? 6-6 gets teams to a bowl game. Rewarding mediocrity is modern American bowl game football brought to you by ESPN. What will it feel like to play in a bowl owned by ESPN?
I am disappointed that the Bahamas Bowl didn't take you guys. It would have been a great place for a bowl trip no matter the result and we know C-USA results don't get the guys at the watering hole excited. Settle for a bowl with more exposure? What is your definition of exposure? The Wall Street Journal is exposure. Three inches in a daily newspaper that mostly AARP members read isn't exposure, in my opinion.

There is no sucking from my vantage point. 1,000s of posts on the topics. One went very expected and the other showed conference USA that taking anyone and any player on campus will bring rewards.

Bennett was fired. His stellar defense was burned up by UCLA. What does beating #5 (not post season) have to do with Arizona State at this point? How did it turn out?

This thread is coming to a close in a few weeks. You will miss the brand's attention you so desire.
REX
Did Bennet get fired?
I'm sorry I must have just missed it.
Thanks
MilliVanilli
REX said:

Did Bennet get fired?
Thanks
He didn't get "fired" at Baylor either, just wasn't kept around. Usually happens when the coach that hires you is tossed, the new guy usually brings in his own crew.
John Hawk
REX said:

Did Bennet get fired?
Thanks
Arizona State VP for athletics Ray Anderson is not looking for a new head coach who wants to clean house. "In my view, [first-year offensive coordinator] Billy Napier has done an outstanding job with our offense," Anderson said. "In my view, [first-year defensive coordinator] Phil Bennett has helped us make progress with our defense. I've made it very clear to both of those guys that we want them to have the opportunity to come back and any head coach that comes in here and doesn't see that value is not the guy for us."
MilliVanilli
John Hawk said:

REX said:

Did Bennet get fired?
Thanks
Arizona State VP for athletics Ray Anderson is not looking for a new head coach who wants to clean house. "In my view, [first-year offensive coordinator] Billy Napier has done an outstanding job with our offense," Anderson said. "In my view, [first-year defensive coordinator] Phil Bennett has helped us make progress with our defense. I've made it very clear to both of those guys that we want them to have the opportunity to come back and any head coach that comes in here and doesn't see that value is not the guy for us."
If that's truly his stance he's not going to have much flexibility with finding a coach, they like to build their own staffs, not inherit those of others, makes them seem like interim coaches.

If he wants that to happen he might as well try to coax Jim Grobe back out of retirement.

geewago
Well I guess we should thank THEE for putting up this thread and asking us to keep up with Phil Bennett and K. Briles. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have taken a second look. I see that FAU has 9 wins and ASU has 7. I suppose both are bowl bound. So thanks again THEE. I'm sure you're proud.
bobo
Osodecentx said:

bobo said:

Osodecentx said:

bobo said:

Don't care about fau. If not for this thread and others I would not even know they were bowling
Who started this thread anyway?
Thee.
You mean the guy who hates Briles and all his kin & coaches? He started the thread to point out their failure and make fun of them.

Now we know they are bowling and we get to polish a turd.
Very true. Did not turn out like thee thought. Surprise

Now my pencil neck, concave chest, juice boxing, limp wrist is going to go check on my calves and load up my gear for an afternoon bow hunt.
Everything is racist
Thee University
REX said:

Did Bennet get fired?
Thanks
Many times.

Unfortunately Baylor could not fire him so we missed the playoffs because of him.
xiledinok
Always a confidence builder for the fans when the athletic director wants to keep the assistants while firing the head coach and hiring a new one.

Bennett has been fired from most every job before and after Kansas State.
Thee University
geewago said:

Well I guess we should thank THEE for putting up this thread and asking us to keep up with Phil Bennett and K. Briles. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have taken a second look. I see that FAU has 9 wins and ASU has 7. I suppose both are bowl bound. So thanks again THEE. I'm sure you're proud.
Yes.....you took second, third and fourth looks. You are a CABer! Hell, you probably took daily looks.

It was simple.

We knew tape fingers would put up good numbers for Kiffin. He actually exceeded expectations for the first time in years. My hat is off to him. He did good.

We also knew The Aggie would surrender a number of 500 yard games and aT least 1 or 2 600 yarders. I'll bet Kingsbury was licking his chops teeing up an instant 600 yard yIelding DC!

It was fun. There were some surprises. Lots of good banter.

Thank you all for playing!

Maybe we can have a bowl game contest between these two?
MilliVanilli
38 pages and counting of triggered caber turd polishing.

You played right into Thee's hands.

xiledinok
geewago said:

So, Bennett and company consider their season a success?
Most losers don't think that way when the head coach is fired.
That mighty win over the New Mexico State Aggies puts them at 7.

There's a lot of pride on this thread. I know when Jock Strap shows up slinging Florida Atlantic stats like a government pork project employee, the robe is out in full force.

Bear0, was "one foot out the door" under the influence of cocaine or something else heavy or just booze and ignorance? It is best not to publicly tell the public the tank is occurring. Most weren't paying attention. Of course, advertisers and networks were watching (along with the NCAA and others).

This thread was a pure success. It was like watching a perfect game get pitched. From Kiffin's Klemson Korner to Bear0s afternoon struggle with irrelevance to needless stats to justify success against players going pro in something other than their scholarships. I just wish it would have been started earlier in August to get to 2,000 posts by Xmas.
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

bobo said:

Osodecentx said:

bobo said:

Don't care about fau. If not for this thread and others I would not even know they were bowling
Who started this thread anyway?
Thee.
You mean the guy who hates Briles and all his kin & coaches? He started the thread to point out their failure and make fun of them.

Now we know they are bowling and we get to polish a turd.
Did not hate them until they let the program run itself and started auditioning openly for another stop. This brought in bad dude activities which were left unchecked. I still did not hate them until Briles fired himself and his inactions dealing with his problem children reared it's ugly head. At that point, YES, I hated them for tearing down what they primarily built up.

Baylor bent WAY over backwards to "accommodate" them and gave them plenty of leeway to work their magic. They rewarded us with a national black eye, a kick in the crotch and a smoldering program.

The only turd was what they left behind when Baylor kicked them out on their @$$#$. That was their parting gift to us.
bobo
xiledinok said:

geewago said:

There's a lot of pride on this thread. I know when Jock Strap shows up slinging Florida Atlantic stats like a government pork project employee, the robe is out in full force.

Bear0, was "one foot out the door" under the influence of cocaine or something else heavy or just booze and ignorance? It is best not to publicly tell the public the tank is occurring. Most weren't paying attention. Of course, advertisers and networks were watching (along with the NCAA and others).

This thread was a pure success. It was like watching a perfect game get pitched. From Kiffin's Klemson Korner to Bear0s afternoon struggle with irrelevance to needless stats to justify success against players going pro in something other than their scholarships. I just wish it would have been started earlier in August to get to 2,000 posts by Xmas.

No one believes that nonsense, including yourself and CThEe.
xiledinok
bobo said:

xiledinok said:

geewago said:

No one believes that nonsense, including yourself and CThEe.
Bennett would be lucky to make it past one season. Don't think for a minute that wasn't considered by posters on this thread. Graham's buyout was too much to muster last Spring when it was evident they were firing him.
xiIedinok
Each week that passed, Thee, xiled and Milli had to come up with excuse after excuse as to why these two coaches were winning.
This past weekend was especially hard as the 3 amigos had to watch these two coaches win and then Stidham beat another #1 team en route to the SEC Championship game (after another BU loss, of course.)
Thee, X and Milli are extremely thankful the regular season is now over and their incredibly stupid predictions will hopefully finally be pushed down the message board.

Don't worry though friends, we'll always remember how insecure, unintelligent and ignorant you all have proven to be. Better luck next time.
MilliVanilli
BearackObama said:

Each week that passed, Thee, xiled and Milli had to come up with excuse after excuse as to why these two coaches were winning.
This past weekend was especially hard as the 3 amigos had to watch these two coaches win and then Stidham beat another #1 team en route to the SEC Championship game (after another BU loss, of course.)
Thee, X and Milli are extremely thankful the regular season is now over and their incredibly stupid predictions will hopefully finally be pushed down the message board.

Don't worry though friends, we'll always remember how insecure, unintelligent and ignorant you all have proven to be. Better luck next time.
Lol, Caber, you've been goaded into a thread spending 38 pages and counting that's celebrating Conference USA and polishing the turds of FAU just to see if you'd do it.

boognish_bear
Could be good news for CPB

xiledinok
BearackObama said:

Insecure? You aren't even a fan and you come to derail. I bet Graham was getting fired. How did it turn out? Oh well, it was too easy.
Ignorant? How did "one foot out the door turnout"?
I enjoy the mention of December football, when it comes to high school. Colleges want to play in the new year.
Stidham? Gus pimped Baby Briles to hand those kids to him but could not get him a job because Auburn isn't set up like a two room church in the middle of nowhere.
Osodecentx
xiledinok said:

Stidham? Gus pimped Baby Briles to hand those kids to him but could not get him a job because Auburn isn't set up like a two room church in the middle of nowhere.
Stidham is best qb in America
MilliVanilli
Osodecentx said:

xiledinok said:

Cabers certainly think so.
xiledinok
Osodecentx said:

xiledinok said:

Oldbear83, is that you?

Herm Edwards might be the best coach to go.500 every year.
"Maker of men" is Edwards. Not an endorsement of Graham.
VN 68
Osodecentx said:

xiledinok said:

If Stidham stays healthy, you can watch him play on Sundays in a couple of years.
Thee University
BearackObama said:

I had created a masterpiece response for my fair lady but I lost it when I hit the cancel button. It would have brought tears to the eyes of everyone here.

I'll see if I can condense it here.

No excuses. We made fun of them. Neither were winning on their own. Tape fingers was contributing to wins by overperforming while The Aggie was true to form riding the offensive coattails and his teams won 6 or 7 in spite of giving up huge numbers.

I could not watch either team this weekend. Lord knows I tried to get them on tv.

How did Stidham, the quitter, get in this thread?

This thread will win awards at year end due to the premier bowl games these two will participate in. Of course our white women boy may be enrolled in Spanish lessons after taking the UTEP enchilada and The Ag will be looking for his fourth or fifth 1 year gig with another coaching fraternity buddy who just wants a semblance of D.

Remember boys, in 2011 Baylor D was ranked around #120 after The Ag took over. In 2012 he turned in a #124 performance during a season when there were only 124 teams. Snow put up a #115 in his first year so quit crying you sissies!

Keep trying mom.
REX
Impressive
RioRata
Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

I had created a masterpiece response for my fair lady but I lost it when I hit the cancel button. It would have brought tears to the eyes of everyone here.

No excuses. We made fun of them. Neither were winning on their own. Tape fingers was contributing to wins by overperforming while The Aggie was true to form riding the offensive coattails and his teams won 6 or 7 in spite of giving up huge numbers.

I could not watch either team this weekend. Lord knows I tried to get them on tv.

This thread will win awards at year end due to the premier bowl games these two will participate in. Of course our white women boy may be enrolled in Spanish lessons after taking the UTEP enchilada and The Ag will be looking for his fourth or fifth 1 year gig with another coaching fraternity buddy who just wants a semblance of D.

Remember boys, in 2011 Baylor D was ranked around #120 after The Ag took over. In 2012 he turned in a #124 performance during a season when there were only 124 teams. Snow put up a #115 in his first year so quit crying you sissies!

Keep trying mom.

The same way that Jalen (the mid-season quitter) Hurd got into Baylor.
Thee University
RioRata said:

Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

MEach week that passed, Thee, xiled and Milli had to come up with excuse after excuse as to why these two coaches were winning.

Keep trying mom.

Because things were tough at Baylor & UT? Because they got beat out?
RioRata
Thee University said:

RioRata said:

Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

MEach week that passed, Thee, xiled and Milli had to come up with excuse after excuse as to why these two coaches were winning.

Keep trying mom.

Because things were tough at Baylor & UT? Because they got beat out?

Because he was within 400 yards of becoming Tennessee's career rushing leader but was losing PT to two freshmen that had more heart. He suddenly decides he wants to become a WR and can't understand why the staff would object. He became poison in the locker room until he quit...tried to get other players to follow him out the door.
Timbear
I'm all for transparency, but we all hope that Hurd is very productive for us next year. So, let's not shoot our own wounded as fundamental Baptists are prone to do.
Chanceux
Timbear said:

I'm all for transparency, but we all hope that Hurd is very productive for us next year. So, let's not shoot our own wounded as fundamental Baptists are prone to do.
Everything Rio said is absolutamente veritas. Its fine. Whats done is done. Players switch schools cuz **** happens.
RioRata
Timbear said:

Hurd has a helicopter father that doesn't mind taking to twitter. That worked out well for Leach at Tech...huh?
ScottS
Question...does Thee have a CAB voodoo doll?
bobo
Thee University said:

geewago said:

Yes.....you took second, third and fourth looks. You are a CABer! Hell, you probably took daily looks.

It was simple.

We knew tape fingers would put up good numbers for Kiffin. He actually exceeded expectations for the first time in years. My hat is off to him. He did good.

We also knew The Aggie would surrender a number of 500 yard games and aT least 1 or 2 600 yarders. I'll bet Kingsbury was licking his chops teeing up an instant 600 yard yIelding DC!

It was fun. There were some surprises. Lots of good banter.

Thank you all for playing!

Maybe we can have a bowl game contest between these two?

Thee and X

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I have met X and thats not him. I havent seen Thee since the game in Houston many years ago. It might be.
Osodecentx
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I have met X and thats not him.
No evidence of that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.