Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,133 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yesterday we lined up on the goal line with no wideouts, multiple tight ends and an H back. Result? Turnover. No push at all. Is that your idea of down and dirty? No?

Just about every single college and pro team that wins a championship is deficient in one area or another but finds ways to compensate for that. Briles was a lot closer at Baylor to winning a national championship than anyone before him. The recruiting on the defensive side of the ball for 2016 was the best we'd ever seen under Artand was trending upward. People learn from their mistakes, even Art Briles (how do you think he developed his offense?) I have no doubt that he could have competed with OU (the only real competition in the league) for a playoff spot. Winning it all is a crap shoot, ask UT who should have had another in '09. The Cotton Bowl collapse wasn't due to scheme, it was a lack of quality personnel, the right side of the O line was severely compromised. National champions are running the same wide open style and winning it all. Wake up and smell the coffee, that leather helmet you're wearing is old and badly worn.
xiledinok
Does Ian still pay you?
Could care less what Baylor lined up in yesterday for you to compare.
Bears are a bad team.

You need to adjust stats to compare competition.

Find me a football team who has won the national championship in the television era without having the consistent ability to put their hands on the ground and power block or stfu.

You won't comment on how El Chico cannot save Graham 's job. A major criticism of Briles was not playing defense and not getting rid of his buddy.
JusHappy2BeHere
xiledinok said:

Does Ian still pay you?
Bears are a bad team.

Find me a football team who has won the national championship in the television era without having the consistent ability to put their hands on the ground and power block or stfu.

You won't comment on how El Chico cannot save Graham 's job. A major criticism of Briles was not playing defense and not getting rid of his buddy.
are Rhodes and Rhule paying you????

if not, they should be
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

FAU wraps up their regular season this weekend in Charlotte. Should take care of business there and then will host the CUSA conf championship game against North Texas. Then bowl game. A good chance to turn a team that went 3-9 for three consecutive years into an 11 win team. Same players so must have something to do with coaching and systems. Congrats to the former coaches and maybe this thread will fade away after bowls are over for KB and CPB.
Doubtful it will fade away. The Aggie has not shut down a Bowl opponent in Years and they still have to play Arizona. Still time for more fun!

Tar Heels say whats up
Only gave up 487 yards to the Heels. For the Aggie that is like playing Alabama type of defense!

6.76 per snap against our Aggie Iron Curtain!

They converted 9 of 13 3rd down attempts (that is great for an Aggie D!)

The big deal was we had the ball for 37+ minutes to only 22 mins for the Heels.

Victory is declared for the CABers. The Aggie held someone to under 500 yards and that Heel game was 2 YEARS ago.
Thee University
JusHappy2BeHere said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

FAU wraps up their regular season this weekend in Charlotte. Should take care of business there and then will host the CUSA conf championship game against North Texas. Then bowl game. A good chance to turn a team that went 3-9 for three consecutive years into an 11 win team. Same players so must have something to do with coaching and systems. Congrats to the former coaches and maybe this thread will fade away after bowls are over for KB and CPB.
Doubtful it will fade away. The Aggie has not shut down a Bowl opponent in Years and they still have to play Arizona. Still time for more fun!

Tar Heels say whats up
So does UCLA

It's sad to see a once great Bear trash his legacy like this
Are you saying someone was great?
Had a legacy? Like what though?
What type of legacy?

UCLA was 5 years ag but that was a decent performance by the Bear D. I'll give them that much.
JusHappy2BeHere
Thee University said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Tar Heels say whats up
So does UCLA

What type of legacy?

UCLA was 5 years ag but that was a decent performance by the Bear D. I'll give them that much.
Doak, you were a great player... everyone who saw the 79 and 80 seasons knows what a great player you were....

the 81 Cotton Bowl you were the best player on the field... this is not the opinion of a fan boy, this is over 3 decades of evaluating players and schemes....

you were a stud

this is beneath you and it makes you less than you should be

it makes me sad
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
RR/BV
outside observer
I haven't been on this board for awhile but I agree with Thee University. Looking back there's no question that Art Briles had a brilliant offensive mind. I don't completely agree with Thee that the offense was a scheme. By the time of Briles last year, last recruiting class, Baylor had elite talent across the board offensively. And then it happened need i say anything more?

But Briles built the program on a house of sand. Thee is on the money when he talks about defense, special teams, and penalties. For all the elite talent that Briles was recruiting on offense, the recruiting on defense was mediocre. Only Andrew Billings was an elite recruit and give the Baylor dl his props for turning Billings into an AA. I'm not going to give Phil Bennett much credit for Billings. His staff was filled with his cronies. Except for Chris Acuff. They tried to go with diamonds in the rougj recruits and some players turned into good players. But as a whole it didn't. If Taylor Young had a top notch dc he could have been a London Fletcher type of lb. When his new dc moved him to the middle Baylor's defense improved immediately.

Then comes special teams and penalties. The previous staff paid almost no attention to special teams, and Baylor was always in the bottom ten for most penalized, mostly because of their defense. The biggest game of the Briles era was in the Cotton Bowl against MSU. It was Briles opportunity to show the nation that Baylor had arrived. Going into the fourth they ahead by 20. And in just one quarter all three facets caused Baylor to lose. They ruined an incredible performance from Bryce Petty.

I have a lot of compassion for the players that Matt Rhule inherited. These kids are innocent and they are paying a price and the guilty got away.

But despite a 1/10 record there really is hope for the Matt Rhule era at Baylor. First of all i never brought up the Kevin Steele era that would classless. But in his first year KS only won one game. But that is all they have in common. The KS era was doomed after his second game. They pretty much got blown out in every game. I have not seen this on MR's team. At all. I think Baylor will put up a spirited effort on Friday at TCU. I'm sure he's been told about the Baylor/TCU rivalry and I'm sure they will play hard.

The defense has improved all season especially in the last three games. I think Phil Snow is a good dc and some of these freshman have given Baylor fans reason to believe they can play Big XII fb.

Connor Martin had become the best kicker in the Big XII. This kid is a walk on. From what I've read he's an outstanding student could have gotten into Baylor on his own. Don't you realize what would have happened if Art Briles had paid just a little bit of attention to special teams they could have found someone like Connor Martin? He would have added another dimension to an already incredible offense. And they could have won the CB. The penalties have decreased as the season has moved on.

Baylor's biggest problem is numbers. It will take at least two years to recover from all the player defects from last year. I think most coaches would have struggled in the same way Rhule has. When Rhule was hired it was reported that be signed a 7 yard contract. People said he would need the whole 7 years i don't think he will. But he is making a needed culture change that needs time to develop. As a whole the Baylor freshman have played well. When you consider that MR had only one commit when he became coach it was a great class. Right now he has a chance to recruit a top 20 class something Briles never did. If he can keep the commits, especially Joshua Landry, and add a few more outstanding freshman they can have that top 20 class.

Baylor fans need to stay behind Matt Rhule. Briles proved that Baylor can run with the big dogs no one can deny that, and maybe Matt Rhule will show Baylor fans how to do it the right way.

Food for thought. In Grant Teaff's second year Baylor went 2/9. The next year was The Miracle on rhe Brazos. There is precedent at Baylor for Matt Rhule and the Baylor faithful..

Sorry for being long winded.
Thee University
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Thee University said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Tar Heels say whats up
So does UCLA

What type of legacy?

Doak, you were a great player... everyone who saw the 79 and 80 seasons knows what a great player you were....

the 81 Cotton Bowl you were the best player on the field... this is not the opinion of a fan boy, this is over 3 decades of evaluating players and schemes....

you were a stud

it makes me sad
JusHappy,

Sorry to make you sad. We are all sad. This has not been a good 2 years for any of us.

I admit that I have fun and laughs at the expense of a number of posters here on 365. If you take seriously every single one of my posts you need to stop. I'm here to inject some laughter into some bad situations which none of us here on 365 can do anything about. I do cross the line on occasion but one of the regular posters on here and I were talking in the Lettermen's Lounge yesterday about the laughter generated by a number of my posts. Last night in George's a few of us old guys discussed the game face-to-face in much the same manner we do here on 365. Some of it is fun, some serious but always from the heart.

We are all Bear Fans. As is always the case, some much more rabid than others. All shapes and sizes and depths of fandom. I know this well.

As a former player I am extremely disappointed with what Briles allowed to happen to our program. More than anyone else involved I hold him primarily accountable for what happened. Others played bit roles in this debacle but it all started with and ended with Art.

I will be the first to admit that he built it up to a level that was consistently for a couple of consecutive years on par with or slightly better than 1980. I list our team in there even though we did lose to San Jose State because unlike any of the Briles teams, we did not lose a conference game and hope that another conference opponent would help us win the title. The 1915 and 1922 Bears both went undefeated in conference play but there were only 4 and 6 teams in the conference in those days. The 1915 team let Sewanee ruin their perfect season.

I regret making anyone sad and particularly a fan who knows Baylor football like you do. This season imploded unlike any in recent memory. Coming on the heels of excellent seasons 3-4 years ago and after the scandal, it has hurt even worse.

I have gotten about all of the "entertainment" I care to get this year and planned on winding down my insults/back patting any way. It has been a long season. I apologize to those who took ALL of my posts so seriously.

Unlike many on here I have not given up on the players or our coaches and leadership. I believe we made progress. None of it is as large or came as quickly and convincingly as we wanted but it was there. I promise.

I appreciate your kind words on play that took place 37 years ago! I was not THAT good and ALWAYS considered myself average who happened to play on some great teams. Yes, I believe that my teammates were great and across the board were every bit as talented or even more so than recent players. The NFL draft and NFL alumni I played with prove this as FACT. There have been many great Baylor teams that rivaled the 1979 and 1980 team. I enjoyed lifting them up when posters on here tried to use them as a way to insult my posts. History is important and Baylor football did not magically start in 2013.

Quinton
PartyBear said:

The only thing that will end Thee's obsession with the last staff is if the new one also exposes the Teaff era for what it was --pretty mediocre. Then there will be nit picky attempts to create a hot seat for them.
granite
Thee University said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Thee University said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Tar Heels say whats up
So does UCLA

What type of legacy?

you were a stud

it makes me sad
JusHappy,

Sorry to make you sad. We are all sad. This has not been a good 2 years for any of us.

I admit that I have fun and laughs at the expense of a number of posters here on 365. If you take seriously every single one of my posts you need to stop. I'm here to inject some laughter into some bad situations which none of us here on 365 can do anything about. I do cross the line on occasion but one of the regular posters on here and I were talking in the Lettermen's Lounge yesterday about the laughter generated by a number of my posts. Last night in George's a few of us old guys discussed the game face-to-face in much the same manner we do here on 365. Some of it is fun, some serious but always from the heart.

We are all Bear Fans. As is always the case, some much more rabid than others. All shapes and sizes and depths of fandom. I know this well.

As a former player I am extremely disappointed with what Briles allowed to happen to our program. More than anyone else involved I hold him primarily accountable for what happened. Others played bit roles in this debacle but it all started with and ended with Art.

I will be the first to admit that he built it up to a level that was consistently for a couple of consecutive years on par with or slightly better than 1980. I list our team in there even though we did lose to San Jose State because unlike any of the Briles teams, we did not lose a conference game and hope that another conference opponent would help us win the title. The 1915 and 1922 Bears both went undefeated in conference play but there were only 4 and 6 teams in the conference in those days. The 1915 team let Sewanee ruin their perfect season.

I regret making anyone sad and particularly a fan who knows Baylor football like you do. This season imploded unlike any in recent memory. Coming on the heels of excellent seasons 3-4 years ago and after the scandal, it has hurt even worse.

I have gotten about all of the "entertainment" I care to get this year and planned on winding down my insults/back patting any way. It has been a long season. I apologize to those who took ALL of my posts so seriously.

Unlike many on here I have not given up on the players or our coaches and leadership. I believe we made progress. None of it is as large or came as quickly and convincingly as we wanted but it was there. I promise.

I appreciate your kind words on play that took place 37 years ago! I was not THAT good and ALWAYS considered myself average who happened to play on some great teams. Yes, I believe that my teammates were great and across the board were every bit as talented or even more so than recent players. The NFL draft and NFL alumni I played with prove this as FACT. There have been many great Baylor teams that rivaled the 1979 and 1980 team. I enjoyed lifting them up when posters on here tried to use them as a way to insult my posts. History is important and Baylor football did not magically start in 2013.

good post Thee
JusHappy2BeHere
granite said:

Thee University said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Thee University said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Tar Heels say whats up
So does UCLA

What type of legacy?

you were a stud

it makes me sad
JusHappy,

good post Thee
Yes it is...

and I don't care what he says, he was a GREAT player... just watch the Bama film

Mahatma Gandhi
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Thee University said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Tar Heels say whats up
So does UCLA

What type of legacy?

you were a stud

it makes me sad
JusHappy,

Amen.
MilliVanilli
Compounding said:

PartyBear said:

The only thing that will end Thee's obsession with the last staff is if the new one also exposes the Teaff era for what it was --pretty mediocre. Then there will be nit picky attempts to create a hot seat for them.

Exactly right. The truth is that era was completely mediocre. Nobody outside of the region and die hard swc fans knew bu was any good. The team was an absolute no name.

Its great for guys that played and i would expect them to be proud. Respect to them. But the delusion that that era was something it definitely wasnt is so strong. The previous era far execeeded anything before it. Not even close.

Think about this. We were an injured qb away from winning 3 straight conference titles. We were just a step below from becoming truly elite. Previous era wasn't even on the radar.
You're really an ignorant person.

Eball
Huge Grant Teaff fan...he took us to 8 bowls in 21 years...he won 10 or more games once...CAB took us to 6 bowls in 8 years....6 straight the best we have ever done before is two straight in our history! CAB won 10 or more games 4 years..

His system gave us our greatest success, even if he had to go his system did not. Look at what worked for us and keep doing it. Why change something that allowed us to have our greatest seasons in our football history?

This is why I worry about Mack Rhoads and CMR they want to do something different which is more of the same that never really got us to where any of us want to be at the top!

Your Hate of CAB has been present long before any hint of a scandal so don't try and act like you knew it was coming or that you know he was responsible for this problem. The BOR has only themselves to blame.
MilliVanilli
Eball said:

Huge Grant Teaff fan...he took us to 8 bowls in 21 years...he won 10 or more games once...CAB took us to 6 bowls in 8 years....6 straight the best we have ever done before is two straight in our history! CAB won 10 or more games 4 years..

His system gave us our greatest success, even if he had to go his system did not. Look at what worked for us and keep doing it. Why change something that allowed us to have our greatest seasons in our football history?

This is why I worry about Mack Rhoads and CMR they want to do something different which is more of the same that never really got us to where any of us want to be at the top!

Your Hate of CAB has been present long before any hint of a scandal so don't try and act like you knew it was coming or that you know he was responsible for this problem. The BOR has only themselves to blame.
Totes, they raped women and blamed it on Briles and some of his players.

You cabers are really a sad lot.
xiledinok
JusHappy2BeHere said:

xiledinok said:

Does Ian still pay you?
Bears are a bad team.

are Rhodes and Rhule paying you????

if not, they should be

I don't think I would be interested working for Mack. It seems the old blood is mad and angry. It is not my background though watching a good charcoal burning up careers would make it interesting for me.

I wouldn't be qualified to work for Rhule. I disagree with Art giving away Baylor's money for a coaching academy at times. Why would I be qualified for Rhule? Bring the bad news about retaining scholarships.

There's a bit too many charcoaled individuals remaining. Terrible situation.
Jacques Strap
Good read. This caught my eye.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21493936/florida-atlantic-coach-lane-kiffin-having-fun-now-winning

Quote:

Kiffin's impact has transcended football. Case in point: Kelly notes that FAU's out-of-state applications for the 2018 fall semester are up 35 percent.

The Owls have gone from three straight 3-9 seasons to unbeaten in Conference USA play.
I guess his roster wasn't depleted.
MilliVanilli
Jacques Strap said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21493936/florida-atlantic-coach-lane-kiffin-having-fun-now-winning

Quote:

Kiffin's impact has transcended football. Case in point: Kelly notes that FAU's out-of-state applications for the 2018 fall semester are up 35 percent.

The Owls have gone from three straight 3-9 seasons to unbeaten in Conference USA play.
They lost to Buffalo and play in Conference USA with a bunch of P5 castoffs with legal problems.

Horaay.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
He wins.

We lose.
Mothra
Eball said:

Couldn't agree more my. This right here is why I am so down on the program. In 100 years of Baylor football, we figured out a way to hang with the big boys for the first time by running an unstoppable offense. It was the great equalizer.

And now we destroy our one significant advantage to try and do things the traditional way. In short, same old same old that got us nowhere.

I suspect Rhule can be a good coach with the right talent and competition, but the football he's selling isn't going to have us competing with UT and OU formconference championships IMO, given the talent disparity. Gone is the great equalizer.
SicThe12
Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

Would like to see BU application numbers for the last 5 years. Including next fall.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Eball said:

Couldn't agree more my. This right here is why I am so down on the program. In 100 years of Baylor football, we figured out a way to hang with the big boys for the first time by running an unstoppable offense. It was the great equalizer.

And now we destroy our one significant advantage to try and do things the traditional way. In short, same old same old that got us nowhere.

I suspect Rhule can be a good coach with the right talent and competition, but the football he's selling isn't going to have us competing with UT and OU formconference championships IMO, given the talent disparity. Gone is the great equalizer.
Anyone who thinks as you do deserves to squirm in your hell you live in today. It is almost as if I wish we had not even beaten Kansas. You deserve to suffer by accepting "equalized" results.

We are already competing with UT and OU because they have been down the past 6 years or so.

Your equalizer was tainted and ill gotten.

All of the ELITE teams have all three (3) pieces of NCAA Championship Football. Our offense raised some eyebrows but had we gotten into the Final Four a few years ago and played a physical team like Alabama who would line up and jam our receivers at the LOS like they have never been beat up before and then unleashing 4 fire breathing SEC DLs on us with LBs that would have hurt a few of our RBs you would be singing a different tune my juice boxing friend.

You advocate a continuation of what amounts to millenial video game experts scoring 60-70 points from your cush sofa in daddy's house on the Baylor campus while the REAL teams practiced and excelled at DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS in the blood, sweat and mud.

All hat, no cattle.

Eball
Funny you have zero BU facts or records to back up your opinion yet you still opine that just because CAB got us closer than ever before to the promised land it is some how a negative. You are the queen of negativity and the true Debbie Downer of all things which threaten your own personal and team achievements at BU. You truly would rather see mediocre so you can sit on your porch swing and reminisce of the good old days.

I choose to celebrate both...amazing how hard a cheered for you as a player and yet now to see through your posts how petty and vindictive you really are...
D. C. Bear
Eball said:

I think what you may be missing is that this is a new day in terms of facilities and resources for Baylor football. Every coach before Briles started at a serious, almost insurmountable, disadvantage. Things changed while Briles was here. We are in much better shape logistically than in the past. We can compete for top talent, and we have some unique qualities that are a potential advantage in attracting that talent.
Thee University
Eball said:

Funny you have zero BU facts or records to back up your opinion yet you still opine that just because CAB got us closer than ever before to the promised land it is some how a negative. You are the queen of negativity and the true Debbie Downer of all things which threaten your own personal and team achievements at BU. You truly would rather see mediocre so you can sit on your porch swing and reminisce of the good old days.

I choose to celebrate both...amazing how hard a cheered for you as a player and yet now to see through your posts how petty and vindictive you really are...
Hey Poindexter, your pocket protector is crooked!

Opinions do not need to be backed up. I NEVER said it was a negative. Quite the contrary. I enjoyed and revelled in the on-the-field Ws. I bragged to my friends around the nation. I cried tears of joy and pride when we beat Texas to win the 2013 Big 12 Championship.

NOTHING threatens any of my team and teammates accomplishments. We still hold many BU records and I hope every one of them is eclipsed.

I want us to win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and have said so numerous times. A few years ago when many on here (Baylor Fans) started crowing undefeated and final fours I called BS and explained why we would not get there. I WAS CORRECT!

I did so not with this uncanny football knowledge but common sense and looking at the situation by stepping outside the Baylor Bubble. I can seperate myself from the Green & Gold tinted glasses you can't toss aside.

Like most millenials, liberals and politically correct warriors you take everything literally and then start crying like a fat little Baylor Baby. I used it to make a point because there are an over abundance of posters on here hoping we get drilled by TCU to somehow vindicate that dirty program we had here for a few years that destroyed years of building up.

By the way, your sweet savior did not get us any closer to the promised land than Grant did in 1980. All 1 loss teams although our team in 1980 did not lose a single, solitary conference game and have to hope that someone could beat the second place team so that we could make it in as conference champs.
Thee University
Eball said:

One other thing Urkel.........................as a former player I was ecstatic at the on-the-field results even though for years I posted about the lack of discipline that would bite us time and time again.

This lack of discipline permeated the Briles program and ultimately tore down everything he built up and what teams before him built. Anything that tears down what I personally helped build up cannot and will not be allowed to automatically be stamped as good just because of the W-L record.

I have friends who graduated from other Texas schools who sent their daughters to Baylor. A few years ago 2 of them seperately told me that their daughters had come home stating, "the Baylor football players are out of control" and "I am afraid to be around the football players when off campus".

I deal in FACTS and REALITY.
Dman
Thee University said:

Eball said:

I have friends who graduated from other Texas schools who sent their daughters to Baylor. A few years ago 2 of them seperately told me that their daughters had come home stating, "the Baylor football players are out of control" and "I am afraid to be around the football players when off campus".

I deal in facts. And reality. That could have described ANY P5 team if around the wrong players under the wrong circumstances. Sad. BUT REALITY. Those players were in the extreme minority (number of kids...not a comment on race). Like any program. I get tired of the broad brush being applied. The VAST majority of those kids on those teams were standup students. Involved in the community, charities, mission trips, etc. Your narrative is inherently bias to prove your point. It's old. it's the same crap the media used to paint out program different than any other.

I knew kids who went to bible studies with players. Who helped tutor. Who volunteered time with kids. THOSE ARE FACTS. THAT IS REALITY.
Thee University
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

I deal in facts. And reality. That could have described ANY P5 team if around the wrong players under the wrong circumstances. Sad. BUT REALITY. Those players were in the extreme minority (number of kids...not a comment on race). Like any program. I get tired of the broad brush being applied. The VAST majority of those kids on those teams were standup students. Involved in the community, charities, mission trips, etc. Your narrative is inherently bias to prove your point. It's old. it's the same crap the media used to paint out program different than any other.

I knew kids who went to bible studies with players. Who helped tutor. Who volunteered time with kids. THOSE ARE FACTS. THAT IS REALITY.
Not disputing your comments. I know there are good kids. All teams have them.

However, when a couple of girls come home and tell their parents this and you are seeing taunting, trash talking and other classless actions on the field, you have to be concerned with the direction and the leadership of the program.

Briles either lost it. never enforced anything or at best just enough to keep kids eligible.

As a former player I know EXACTLY what goes on. I've been there. My narrative is FACT based on actual participation and observation!

If you can't acknowledge that a part of Art firing himself was just this then you have zero credibility.

Dman
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

However, when a couple of girls come home and tell their parents this and you are seeing taunting, trash talking and other classless actions on the field, you have to be concerned with the direction and the leadership of the program.

Briles either lost it. never enforced anything or at best just enough to keep kids eligible.

As a former player I know EXACTLY what goes on. I've been there. My narrative is FACT based on actual participation and observation!

If you can't acknowledge that a part of Art firing himself was just this then you have zero credibility.

I stand by every word I said. You are an OLD former player who has zero understanding of today's collegiate atmosphere. Taunting? Trash talking? "Classless Actions". Again, you just described a few players on every P5 team. You literally just described the soon to be heisman and half the OU team. The difference, they had leadership that didn't throw away their program because of the actions of Nixon and the crotch grabbing Mayfield.

No. You have ZERO credibility on this matter. Your examples are literally invalid. You're trying to connect dots that don't connect. You're trying to paint the horrible actions of a few individuals across an entire team and when the absurdity of this is pointed out, you now desperately try to defend your position with examples like taunting, and trash talking?

Get out your OLD year book. Re-live the glory years. But then just stop posting. You're making a fool of yourself.
Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Eball said:

Anyone who thinks as you do deserves to squirm in your hell you live in today. It is almost as if I wish we had not even beaten Kansas. You deserve to suffer by accepting "equalized" results.

We are already competing with UT and OU because they have been down the past 6 years or so.

All of the ELITE teams have all three (3) pieces of NCAA Championship Football. Our offense raised some eyebrows but had we gotten into the Final Four a few years ago and played a physical team like Alabama who would line up and jam our receivers at the LOS like they have never been beat up before and then unleashing 4 fire breathing SEC DLs on us with LBs that would have hurt a few of our RBs you would be singing a different tune my juice boxing friend.

You advocate a continuation of what amounts to millenial video game experts scoring 60-70 points from your cush sofa in daddy's house on the Baylor campus while the REAL teams practiced and excelled at DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS in the blood, sweat and mud.

All hat, no cattle.

I advocate a continuation of what you admit is the most successful period of Baylor football in history. You want to do things the traditional way. Where has that gotten us? A few decent years in the 80's and otherwise mediocre.

I respect what you did on the field, but you've proven yourself a clown and buffoon.
Thee University
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

I stand by every word I said. You are an OLD former player who has zero understanding of today's collegiate atmosphere. Taunting? Trash talking? "Classless Actions". Again, you just described a few players on every P5 team. You literally just described the soon to be heisman and half the OU team. The difference, they had leadership that didn't throw away their program because of the actions of Nixon and the crotch grabbing Mayfield.

No. You have ZERO credibility on this matter. Your examples are literally invalid. You're trying to connect dots that don't connect. You're trying to paint the horrible actions of a few individuals across an entire team and when the absurdity of this is pointed out, you now desperately try to defend your position with examples like taunting, and trash talking?

Get out your OLD year book. Re-live the glory years. But then just stop posting. You're making a fool of yourself.
Just because more and more kids are trashing the traditions and sportsmanship of college athletics does not make it right and Baylor, of all schools, has for the most part stood above this fray.

Mayfield is another classless Manziel.

You are an embarrassment to Baylor. I suggest that you start supporting one of these frauds of collegiate athletics and leave Baylor out of the sewer. Why? Because Matt Rhule is here to bring back honor, tradition and class to Baylor University. It can and will be done.

I was here before you and will be here when you leave.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Eball said:

All hat, no cattle.

I advocate a continuation of what you admit is the most successful period of Baylor football in history. You want to do things the traditional way. Where has that gotten us? A few decent years in the 80's and otherwise mediocre.

I respect what you did on the field, but you've proven yourself a clown and buffoon.
This clown and buffoon is confident that Baylor leadership will win out over a handful of juice-boxing knuckleheads on a sports bulletin board.

As usual, this clown is right and you are wrong. Baylor is not going to sell her soul to the devil when we can win with class, honor, decency and be an incredibly good example of what college athletics were intended to be. We do NOT have to fall into the cess pool of what college sports is becoming!
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Eball said:

Nanny nanny boo boo.
MilliVanilli
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Eball said:

All hat, no cattle.

This clown and buffoon is confident that Baylor leadership will win out over a handful of juice-boxing knuckleheads on a sports bulletin board.

As usual, this clown is right and you are wrong. Baylor is not going to sell her soul to the devil when we can win with class, honor, decency and be an incredibly good example of what college athletics were intended to be. We do NOT have to fall into the cess pool of what college sports is becoming!
It's hilarious that the t-shirt fan is accusing the former player of living in the past when he's firmly stuck in a romanticized view of 2011 to 2016 and unable to move away from it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.