Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,201 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
syme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pack it up thee. The dynamic of today's college football passed your comprehension years ago. It's why you're left resorting to generic critiques of "more discipline!" "more toughness!" as the solution for any team. Like it or not, kids want to play fast and look good while doing it and they don't want to beat the hell out of each other during PRACTICE. Hopefully last night was a real eye-opener of exactly how out of touch your "all it takes is toughness and discipline" philosophy really is in 2017.

ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.

I bet you feel like a stupid mf'er this morning. Or are you too numb and dumb to feel anything these days?
Actually I feel good. Damn good.

My comments are still correct. Kendall and The Aggie blow and they started off in their new roles just like they left us. Again, the fact that BU is not giving them free money comforts me.

Not sure what you are referring to about being a stupid mf'er.
I hope you enjoyed that more disciplined, upgraded defense you told us we would be seeing now that CPB was gone.
xiledinok
They already are prepping the Aggie to be fired in Phoenix.
He recruited most of the Baylor defense. He won't get the chance at ASU.
Thee University
syme said:

Pack it up thee. The dynamic of today's college football passed your comprehension years ago. It's why you're left resorting to generic critiques of "more discipline!" "more toughness!" as the solution for any team. Like it or not, kids want to play fast and look good while doing it and they don't want to beat the hell out of each other during PRACTICE. Hopefully last night was a real eye-opener of exactly how out of touch your "all it takes is toughness and discipline" philosophy really is in 2017.

Until I turned on the Alabama vs. Florida State game.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.

I bet you feel like a stupid mf'er this morning. Or are you too numb and dumb to feel anything these days?

My comments are still correct. Kendall and The Aggie blow and they started off in their new roles just like they left us. Again, the fact that BU is not giving them free money comforts me.

I hope you enjoyed that more disciplined, upgraded defense you told us we would be seeing now that CPB was gone.
Never said it would be overnight and the first game playing without 3 starting DBs, a thin DL and multiple freshmen.

This D will get better every week. Hide and watch.
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

Never said it would be overnight and the first game playing without 3 starting DBs, a thin DL and multiple freshmen.

So you find last night's defensive performance acceptable?
xiledinok
Arizona State fans are already worried. The PAC 12 schools hope Aggie sticks around for a few years. USC and Oregon fans hope their schools break the 1500 mark in total offense for a game.

Thee, did you enjoy that linebacker play last night? They made Liberty's back look like Christian Okoye.
I might have to fly to Arizona State v Arizona and sit with those hot ass Arizona State females and boo his ass one more time for our product this year.

Kendall...Lmao. Lame gets laughed at everyday. Today is Sunday...Nfl ballyards laugh at Lame.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

Absolutely not. It looked very much like a Phil Bennett performance. However, when you consider that Buckshot and his WRs were throwing & catching just about any and everything up in the air, small DL and LBs that were not very active nor physical, I can give them a tiny speck of understanding.

New coaches. New defense. New kids. New attitudes. Harder practices. This is not an overnight fix. I stated a few days ago that this D would get better every week as the season progressed.

Ultimately there are no excuses because we have D1 kids and they had knuckleheads. The knucks played better and harder and deserved to win.

We have a long ways to go. Not all of the blame should be heaped upon Coach Rhule and his staff. They were dealt a short deck and it showed last night.
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

Absolutely not. It looked very much like a Phil Bennett performance. However, when you consider that Buckshot and his WRs were throwing & catching just about any and everything up in the air, small DL and LBs that were not very active nor physical, I can give them a tiny speck of understanding.

New coaches. New defense. New kids. New attitudes. Harder practices. This is not an overnight fix. I stated a few days ago that this D would get better every week as the season progressed.

Ultimately there are no excuses because we have D1 kids and they had knuckleheads. The knucks played better and harder and deserved to win.

We have a long ways to go. Not all of the blame should be heaped upon Coach Rhule and his staff. They were dealt a short deck and it showed last night.
We would have been lucky to have gotten a Phil Bennett performance last night. Last night was the worst defensive display I've ever seen and possibly the worst in Baylor history. They almost gave up 600 yards to LIBERTY!! There is ZERO excuse for ANY coach to lose that game last night. ZERO. There is no deck short enough to justify last night. This team still has plenty of talent left over to beat a team with high school level athletes. It sickens me to see you try to create excuses for this disaster when you were so hell bent on never accepting excuses for Bennett. The double standard is astounding.
MilliVanilli
Forest Bueller said:

MilliVanilli said:

Lil' Biles had a sensational debut against mighty Navy.
You are joking right.

Navy would destroy the team Baylor put on the field last night.
What's your point? Lil Biles is a supposed offensive genius sprung from the loins of another one and accumulated a cast of ace in the hole second chancers down in Florida, surely they were better than 19 points against an option team.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

We would have been lucky to have gotten a Phil Bennett performance last night. Last night was the worst defensive display I've ever seen and possibly the worst in Baylor history. They almost gave up 600 yards to LIBERTY!! There is ZERO excuse for ANY coach to lose that game last night. ZERO. There is no deck short enough to justify last night. This team still has plenty of talent left over to beat a team with high school level athletes. It sickens me to see you try to create excuses for this disaster when you were so hell bent on never accepting excuses for Bennett. The double standard is astounding.
West Virginia
807 yards given up

Remind me who the DC was again for that game!
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

West Virginia
807 yards given up

Is this a joke? Compare the talent on the WVA team vs this Liberty team. That WVA had Geno Smith, Steadman Bailey and Tavon Austin, ALL NFL guys, just to name a few. Liberty has guys that can't even walk on to a Division 1 school. I expected more out of you than this, considering all the lambasting you have given Bennett over the years. This performance is way worse than anything Bennett ever did. You should be demanding more than this.
GhettoHEBear
Thee is a moron. Makes fun of Bennett and Kendall Briles and his team loses to FCS.

Just shaking my head at the stupidity.
GhettoHEBear
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

He This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.

West Virginia
807 yards given up

Is this a joke? Compare the talent on the WVA team vs this Liberty team. That WVA had Geno Smith, Steadman Bailey and Tavon Austin, ALL NFL guys, just to name a few. Liberty has guys that can't even walk on to a Division 1 school. I expected more out of you than this, considering all the lambasting you have given Bennett over the years. This performance is way worse than anything Bennett ever did. You should be demanding more than this.
You never thought Thee was sincere did you?

He's so disingenuous. He just hated Briles.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

West Virginia
807 yards given up

Go back and read what you said....................."last night was the worst defensive display I've ever seen and possibly the worst in Baylor history".

You lied and I called you out on it. I was right and you were wrong.

Think before you post!
Thee University
GhettoHEBear said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

He This ought to be fun to watch. They are both off to a great start. At least they are not stealing any more Baylor cash.

West Virginia
807 yards given up

I hated the 807 yards a 7-6 WV team with a losing Big 12 record put up on us.

I never hated Briles. I just lost respect for him and how he used Baylor to try to get the UT job. He got what he deserved yet drug our program down with him.
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

West Virginia
807 yards given up

Go back and read what you said....................."last night was the worst defensive display I've ever seen and possibly the worst in Baylor history".

Think before you post!
I never said it was the worst statistical display in Baylor history, but given the context of the competition, it *IS* the worst defensive display I've seen and possibly the worst in Baylor history. Try reading closer next time.

Think before you post!
DAC
xiledinok said:

Arizona State fans are already worried.

So are Baylor fans
Jacques Strap
We're gonna need a neg rep button before this season is over.
GhettoHEBear
Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

West Virginia
807 yards given up

I hated the 807 yards a 7-6 WV team with a losing Big 12 record put up on us.

I never hated Briles. I just lost respect for him and how he used Baylor to try to get the UT job. He got what he deserved yet drug our program down with him.
But you're just fine with six hundred yards an FCS team put on us
BearInBigD
Jacques Strap said:

We're gonna need a neg rep button before this season is over.
Jeez, no doubt. We need to be able to neg idiots like Mili into oblivion
xiledinok
DAC said:

xiledinok said:

Arizona State fans are already worried.

So are Baylor fans

We should be disturbed.
Who was the best Bear on the field last night?
True freshmen, Harrison Hand.
Not a Bennett product.
Arizona State fans are already exposed to what is ahead. They know he left the tank empty.
241Bear
When was the last time we gave up 10 straight third down conversions? 10 straight. Against an FCS opponent.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

They just gave up a boatload of points and a boatload of yards to one of those teams you complained so vociferously about scheduling.

They better get better.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

West Virginia
807 yards given up

Think before you post!
Yeah, but they were disciplined.
boognish_bear
Quote:

We can't go aggy and make injury excuses when we are up against an FCS with an average ranked recruiting class around 200.
REX
Thee if you're going to compare Liberty to WV please please please take a week or two off from here. It's in your best interest
Really
Thee University
REX said:

Thee if you're going to compare Liberty to WV please please please take a week or two off from here. It's in your best interest
Really
You stupid #@$%. I did not compare them!

I corrected limp-dick with FACTS.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

REX said:

Really

Yeah, well, when you mention one as an example in the context of the other, you're comparing them.

I would like you to EXPLAIN what the hell happened to the defense against an FCS team, not COMPARE the defensive performance to one from several years ago against a conference foe on the road as though it makes the more recent one somehow more tolerable.
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Really

Yeah, well, when you mention one as an example in the context of the other, you're comparing them.

I would like you to EXPLAIN what the hell happened to the defense against an FCS team, not COMPARE the defensive performance to one from several years ago against a conference foe on the road as though it makes the more recent one somehow more tolerable.
Hey Phil Bennett, you don't deserve an answer.

Until you get better reading comprehension I will largely ignore you, the King of ALL Excuse Makers for your daddy, The Aggie. Keep tracking those points per possession will you?
DAC
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Really

Hey Phil Bennett, I don't have an answer.

RioRata
granite said:

I miss Norwood....

Reload and keep firing.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Really

Until you get better reading comprehension I will largely ignore you, the King of ALL Excuse Makers for your daddy, The Aggie. Keep tracking those points per possession will you?
I'm not Phil Bennett,

Phil Bennett is gone.

You don't have him to kick around any more, but you don't have an answer for what we saw last night. You were all about how we had a serious defense now. I didn't see it last night. I have my theory, I think the team and the coaches rolled out like they would win no matter what, and they didn't play with any urgency or intensity. However, I'm not a football expert. You are, and you should enlighten us instead of dredging up the past.

I will keep track of the points per possession. Eliminating end-of-half possessions, we gave up four points per possession against an FCS team. At home. Not just worse than Bennett, worse than Steele.
JusHappy2BeHere
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

DAC said:

Thee University said:

West Virginia
807 yards given up

Think before you post!
Yeah, but they were disciplined.
and tough!!! so tough!!! didn't you hear about the single digit schtick?
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Really

I'm not Phil Bennett,

Phil Bennett is gone.

You don't have him to kick around any more, but you don't have an answer for what we saw last night. You were all about how we had a serious defense now. I didn't see it last night. I have my theory, I think the team and the coaches rolled out like they would win no matter what, and they didn't play with any urgency or intensity. However, I'm not a football expert. You are, and you should enlighten us instead of dredging up the past.

I will keep track of the points per possession. Eliminating end-of-half possessions, we gave up four points per possession against an FCS team. At home. Not just worse than Bennett, worse than Steele.
I worry about you.

The title of this post is the Kendall Briles & Aggie weekly tracking post. Phil Bennett "earned" this place in our memories. Kendall did too once Monty left us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.