Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,200 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A beat up Dodge Durango for special teams. So ****y that you d be embarrassed your neighbors drove it.

There are several vans to describe our discipline. A moving van could be one. Another van could have a Texas Exempt plate for discipline.

Mothra
xiledinok said:

You should ask for a refund for Liberty. You could have watched D2 jewels for $5.
Good talent up front doesn't get pushed around by Liberty.

Whether we have good talent upfront is irrelevant. It's Liberty. What part of that don't you understand?
Mothra
xiledinok said:

I enjoyed the jack rabbit Ferrari offense but suffered when the mini van D, Dodge Durango special teams and _____________ van discipline.

Great. Now you don't have the jackrabbit Ferrari offense, but still have the mini van D, and Dodge Durango special teams. Probably won't be winning us any conference championships, Heisman Trophies or bowl games,but hey, at least we are more complete.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

I enjoyed the jack rabbit Ferrari offense but suffered when the mini van D, Dodge Durango special teams and _____________ van discipline.

Great. Now you don't have the jackrabbit Ferrari offense, but still have the mini van D, and Dodge Durango special teams. Probably won't be winning us any conference championships, Heisman Trophies or bowl games,but hey, at least we are more complete.

We can win straight up. We no longer have to have a Ferrari to get on down the road. The offense we have now will be good enough as a high-end Mustang. There are plenty of players to go around, and we have a brand that can attract them now.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Thee it was 86. Generals not Knights. Met Mouse while he was with the Gamblers.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

You should ask for a refund for Liberty. You could have watched D2 jewels for $5.

Whether we have good talent upfront is irrelevant. It's Liberty. What part of that don't you understand?
We were missing 6 starters. We didn't have the depth or talent to beat Liberty. #11 proved their was talent lacking in the back end. Most teams can fill in with talent to prevent Liberty pushing us around for 5-7 yards in any direction each play. No chance in hell for BU with what was left from Bennett.
A talented player to me has strength, speed, size, savvy and smarts. The last characteristic of a talented player shows up when guys miss a bunch of assignments. It is pretty hard to win with players who cannot handle the playbook.
Unfortunately, we don't see a bunch of talent in the Big 12 on defense. It is why the NFL doesn't draft many Big 12 defenders (a small size for DI).

Lame is a 1 point favorite over the Blue Raiders. The Blue Raiders need to whip them for Boots.
Arizona State is a 16 point dog with Stanford. I am sure the left coasters are going to get an eye full of Bennett stuffing paper down his crotch this week.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

You sure do worry about the Heisman. Give me major bowl trophies before the Heisman.
You coming to Oklahoma State? I 'll take you and partybear to the place where they make most of the NCAA trophies. You guys can feel it like we won a major bowl. Maybe they will let you hold up a replica.

What kind of van did we drive with discipline? So many options and most are really bad.

Thee, Limited was a pretty successful high school coach. I would have loved him to stand in for the Aggie. I can see Aggie stuffing his pants full of 8.5 x 11 notebook paper while scream at the guys but no worries Limited would stuff a brass pole down his pants and his team would rally because they knew he would want them to stiffen up.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

You sure do worry about the Heisman. Give me major bowl trophies before the Heisman.
You coming to Oklahoma State? I 'll take you and partybear to the place where they make most of the NCAA trophies. You guys can feel it like we won a major bowl. Maybe they will let you hold up a replica.

What kind of van did we drive with discipline? So many options and most are really bad.

Thee, Limited was a pretty successful high school coach. I would have loved him to stand in for the Aggie. I can see Aggie stuffing his pants full of 8.5 x 11 notebook paper while scream at the guys but no worries Limited would stuff a brass pole down his pants and his team would rally because they knew he would want them to stiffen up.
Did we have conference championships, bowl wins, bowl appearances and Heisman Trophies before Briles arrived? You lack perspective. Baylor was irrelevant prior to Briles' arrival. You may loathe the man, but the failure to recognize the success he had on the football field is just stupid.

You seem to think any number of coaches would have been better than Briles from a football perspective, and would have surpassed his unprecedented accomplishments. That just tells me you're stupid.

xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Did we have conference championships, bowl wins, bowl appearances and Heisman Trophies before Briles arrived? You lack perspective. Baylor was irrelevant prior to Briles' arrival. You may loathe the man, but the failure to recognize the success he had on the football field is just stupid.

You seem to think any number of coaches would have been better than Briles from a football perspective, and would have surpassed his unprecedented accomplishments. That just tells me you're stupid
I am afraid you and Art are going to need some time together. I remember Baylor prior to 1995. You act like one or two years makes us some badass program with tradition. Even Kansas played in a BCS bowl games in the Big 12. We need to win them before bragging about them.
Heisman Trophy? Do you really believe these kids don't see the hardware from other schools? This isn't mid major football. I worry about major bowl trophies to separate us from the others with awards. Let's face it, the coolest Heisman in the Big 12 is Barry Sanders' award. Kids and parents actually remember him being successful after college. Do you think some average fan remembers Troy Smith? I bet Michigan fears those National Championship trophies on display, not some guy who the kids or parents don't remember.

Baylor football played like a broke dick cripple until Morriss started the facilities push and Ian stole the Highers money from development. You should have visited a few other schools like Oklahoma State and you would have realized some teams prior to their shelling out football money were playing like cripples. There was no chance to play with the bluebloods.

The years to capitalize on Heisman are over. Art blew them up with his discipline and his hiring of his family at major salaried positions in college football. Our year was 2015 that fed off the Heisman. Art blew it and the rest was history. Couldn't even kick Texas' sorry ass in the "mall fight" and lost a broken TCU team in a rain storm.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

You seem to think any number of coaches would have been better than Briles from a football perspective, and would have surpassed his unprecedented accomplishments. That just tells me you're stupid
I am afraid you and Art are going to need some time together. I remember Baylor prior to 1995. You act like one or two years makes us some badass program with tradition. Even Kansas played in a BCS bowl games in the Big 12. We need to win them before bragging about them.
Heisman Trophy? Do you really believe these kids don't see the hardware from other schools? This isn't mid major football. I worry about major bowl trophies to separate us from the others with awards. Let's face it, the coolest Heisman in the Big 12 is Barry Sanders' award. Kids and parents actually remember him being successful after college. Do you think some average fan remembers Troy Smith? I bet Michigan fears those National Championship trophies on display, not some guy who the kids or parents don't remember.

Baylor football played like a broke dick cripple until Morriss started the facilities push and Ian stole the Highers money from development. You should have visited a few other schools like Oklahoma State and you would have realized some teams prior to their shelling out football money were playing like cripples. There was no chance to play with the bluebloods.

The years to capitalize on Heisman are over. Art blew them up with his discipline and his hiring of his family at major salaried positions in college football. Our year was 2015 that fed off the Heisman. Art blew it and the rest was history. Couldn't even kick Texas' sorry ass in the "mall fight" and lost a broken TCU team in a rain storm.
Yes, those Bluebonnet Bowl appearances prior to 1995 sure were swell. How many major bowl games did Teaff have us in again? I remember a Sugar Bowl where we got our butts handed to us, but not much else. And I loved Teaff. He once sat me on his knee when I was kid. But let's not pretend his accomplishments were anything close to Briles.

Prior to Briles, Baylor was irrelevant except for a very brief stretch in the 80's where we saw limited success. But that was the extent of it. Briles came, success came, and then improvements came to our program.

Only an entitled fool would refuse to recognize playing in a BCS bowl was a big deal for little ol' Baylor. We aren't Alabama or Ohio State. We aren't expected to play in such games. The fact we even got there was quite an accomplishment.

Glad Morriss started the facility push, but Briles achieved success before Baylor got caught up on facilities. The Heisman Trophy essentially built our new stadium.

Look, we know you hate Briles, but you make yourself look stupid when you attempt to credit Morriss for our success, or when you attempt to diminish his. We aren't UT or Alabama. We won 4 conference games in 7 years prior to his arrival. You need perspective little buddy, and I am happy to provide it to you. Let me know if you need some more.
xiledinok
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Yes, those Bluebonnet Bowl appearances prior to 1995 sure were swell. How many major bowl games did Teaff have us in again? I remember a Sugar Bowl where we got our butts handed to us, but not much else. And I loved Teaff. He once sat me on his knee when I was kid. But let's not pretend his accomplishments were anything close to Briles.

Prior to Briles, Baylor was irrelevant except for a very brief stretch in the 80's where we saw limited success. But that was the extent of it. Briles came, success came, and then improvements came to our program.

Only an entitled fool would refuse to recognize playing in a BCS bowl was a big deal for little ol' Baylor. We aren't Alabama or Ohio State. We aren't expected to play in such games. The fact we even got there was quite an accomplishment.

Glad Morriss started the facility push, but Briles achieved success before Baylor got caught up on facilities. The Heisman Trophy essentially built our new stadium.

Look, we know you hate Briles, but you make yourself look stupid when you attempt to credit Morriss for our success, or when you attempt to diminish his. We aren't UT or Alabama. We won 4 conference games in 7 years prior to his arrival. You need perspective little buddy, and I am happy to provide it to you. Let me know if you need some more.
The football stadium was coming with or without Briles. The school knew they were going to have to replace FC because Power 5 called for it. Until Baylor decided to take on a ton of debt, we were a crippled kid in the crib on the football field. It wasn't a shock to those who had seen the facilities at places like Nebraska around 1994 that Baylor was about to get our asses drilled.
Ask Setshot.
Baylor isn't a b!ueblood but either is Clemson. There is the Dabo way and the Art way. Compare and contrast and you ll see why our program didn't win it under Briles.

We would be relevant had Briles scheduled. We left many chips on the table. We were teased by the TV network because Monroe was more important than Alabama.
Not all of us were exposed to crippled children in the crib football prior to Baylor. Sloan and Stanton were so assbackwards. They were daft not having the stadium front and center. You clearly don't have a clue about how Baylor football was thought of outside the bubble pre Briles. Baylor long knew the mooching off the bowl money was going to stop. The palace was well in the plans.
MilliVanilli
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

The football stadium was coming with or without Briles. The school knew they were going to have to replace FC because Power 5 called for it. Until Baylor decided to take on a ton of debt, we were a crippled kid in the crib on the football field. It wasn't a shock to those who had seen the facilities at places like Nebraska around 1994 that Baylor was about to get our asses drilled.
Ask Setshot.
Baylor isn't a b!ueblood but either is Clemson. There is the Dabo way and the Art way. Compare and contrast and you ll see why our program didn't win it under Briles.

We would be relevant had Briles scheduled. We left many chips on the table. We were teased by the TV network because Monroe was more important than Alabama.
Not all of us were exposed to crippled children in the crib football prior to Baylor. Sloan and Stanton were so assbackwards. They were daft not having the stadium front and center. You clearly don't have a clue about how Baylor football was thought of outside the bubble pre Briles. Baylor long knew the mooching off the bowl money was going to stop. The palace was well in the plans.
Clemson has two national titles, in 1981 and 2016, meaning they're titles are more recent than UT's last two which were in 1970 and 2005, I'd argue they're a blue blood.

But I agree with you about Dabo.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Ask Setshot.

Little buddy, there you go again with a rant that has nothing to do with out discussion. We are not debating who built the stadium. I said Briles success came before the stadium. In your mission to discredit all success under Briles, you're getting sidetracked. Try to keep up..

I would agree Clemson isn't a blue blood in the same way as Alabama. But they weren't irrelevant like Baylor. Go look at their record. Look at their bowl appearances. Look at their national title prior to Dabo. They're all there. Baylor's success in football doesn't even come close.

Poor little guy. I bet you were miserable to be around during Briles unprecedented success. Always finding something to be unhappy about. You know, it might be better if you just start following an Alabama or Ohio State or some other front runner, because given your lofty standards, I suspect nothing will make you happy. Rhule is bound to be a disappointment.
MilliVanilli
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Apples and Oranges, there weren't eleventy billion bowls and automatic bids if you hit .500 in the era Teaff coached, any and all bowls carried more prestige and were a bigger deal.

We beat Clemson in the 1979 Peach Bowl, lost a pair of Cotton Bowls to Penn State and Alabama coached by Jo Pa and Bear Bryant, beat Colorado and lost to a Jimmy Johnson coached Oklahoma State in a pair of Blue Bonnet Bowls, beat top #10 ranked LSU in the 1985 Liberty Bowl, lost to Indiana qb Trent Green in the 1991 Copper Bowl, beat Arizona in the 1992 Hancock bowl in Teaff's final game.

So I'd argue Baylor under Teaff had a pretty distinguished bowl run considering the dynamic of the era, a pretty impressive run.

Compare that to Biles run:

2010 humiliation to Illinois in Texas Bowl
2011 shootout triumph over Washington in Alamo Bowl
2012 romp of UCLA in Holiday Bowl
2013 humiliation to UCF in Fiesta Bowl
2014 sloppy meltdown finish to Michigan State in Cotton Bowl
2015 blowout of North Carolina in Russell Athletic Bowl

Briles didn't beat any more prestigious programs in prestigious bowls than Teaff ever did, and he lost his two most prestigious bowls despite being favorite, whereas Teaff lost his two most prestigious bowls against vastly superior opponents.

D. C. Bear
xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

We were missing 6 starters. We didn't have the depth or talent to beat Liberty. #11 proved their was talent lacking in the back end. Most teams can fill in with talent to prevent Liberty pushing us around for 5-7 yards in any direction each play. No chance in hell for BU with what was left from Bennett.
A talented player to me has strength, speed, size, savvy and smarts. The last characteristic of a talented player shows up when guys miss a bunch of assignments. It is pretty hard to win with players who cannot handle the playbook.
Unfortunately, we don't see a bunch of talent in the Big 12 on defense. It is why the NFL doesn't draft many Big 12 defenders (a small size for DI).

Lame is a 1 point favorite over the Blue Raiders. The Blue Raiders need to whip them for Boots.
Arizona State is a 16 point dog with Stanford. I am sure the left coasters are going to get an eye full of Bennett stuffing paper down his crotch this week.

Total BS. You should be able to beat Liberty with your backups.
granite
D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

i agree, no matter how good CMR turns out to be no excuse losing to Liberty
D. C. Bear
granite said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Yes, and there was no excuse for losing to San Jose State in 1980 or Lamar in 1981 or to Rice in 1991. Like those games, the Liberty game is in the past.
MilliVanilli
granite said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

A depleted Baylor team losing to Liberty is about like a Big 12 champion Baylor losing to an AAC UCF in the Fiesta Bowl, neither should've happened, but they did.
granite
D. C. Bear said:

granite said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Yes, and there was no excuse for losing to San Jose State in 1980 or Lamar in 1981 or to Rice in 1991. Like those games, the Liberty game is in the past.
i agree with 1980 and 1981, but Rice 1991 is personal and they were pretty salty with Trevor Cobb and a member of the SWC.....ah crap, you're right, we had no business losing that day........
ColomboLQ
Not even close to the same thing.
MilliVanilli
ColomboLQ said:

Not even close to the same thing.
You're right, UCF loss was much more harmful to the prestige of the program, made Baylor seem like pretender, especially since the team thought their coach had one foot out the door and didn't prepare them for the game.

303Bear
The thought that anyone can call losing to 10-2 team in a BCS bowl comparable to losing a home opener to t FBS school (and not a great one at that) is laughable.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
303Bear said:

The thought that anyone can call losing to 10-2 team in a BCS bowl comparable to losing a home opener to t FBS school (and not a great one at that) is laughable.

Who can be that stupid?
GhettoHEBear
Milli has no credibility. He will use anything to bash Briles.

You cannot compare losing the BCS bowl game to losing to an FCS team.
xiledinok
We saw the lack of depth and talent again this past week. Immediate dropoff with 2s and it caused the 1s to wear down.
There's no excuse to have the equivalent of D2 play defense among returning players in game 1 of any season.
The cupboard is razor thin on defense. You can put it on Rhule but nationally not everyone looks at our talent with green and gold glasses.
D. C. Bear
xiledinok said:

We saw the lack of depth and talent again this past week. Immediate dropoff with 2s and it caused the 1s to wear down.
There's no excuse to have the equivalent of D2 play defense among returning players in game 1 of any season.
The cupboard is razor thin on defense. You can put it on Rhule but nationally not everyone looks at our talent with green and gold glasses.

Against Oklahoma, one can legitimately talk about roster depth--losing a bunch of players can have a big impact when playing the Sooners. Against Liberty? Sorry, that's BS.
xiledinok
D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Against Oklahoma, one can legitimately talk about roster depth--losing a bunch of players can have a big impact when playing the Sooners. Against Liberty? Sorry, that's BS.
Then where was the talent to cover #11?
I saw Hand start matching up with him in the second half.
It was simple old fashion passing that had short drops by the quarterback and #11 whipping our corners one on one. Bears lost that one on one matchup.

Those 5 Ss I gave you are why guys who you think are talented cannot sniff the NFL or win against more talented competition.
D. C. Bear
xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

It was simple old fashion passing that had short drops by the quarterback and #11 whipping our corners one on one. Bears lost that one on one matchup.

Those 5 Ss I gave you are why guys who you think are talented cannot sniff the NFL or win against more talented competition.

Liberty.
xiledinok
D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

D. C. Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Liberty.
And what Bennett left, wadded up notebook paper in the trash...Cannot cover #11.
43 mental mistakes...why Forrest Gump wasn't portrayed at the next level.
Malbec
Can you guys quit quoting that maroon?
xiledinok
D.C., you ll have to do your best p.r. work when Bennett and Graham get their releases from ASU.

D1 Power 5 players (allegedly) should be able to shutdown Liberty just on the physical aspects.
If they would study their playbooks like the Seminary Students study the Bible, 43 mistakes wouldn't be made.

Mothra, is DC writng your b.s.? There are plenty of coaches that have accomplished what Briles managed at Baylor. About half the coaches in college football it seems these days win mid major bowls. Heck, the NCAA and the Worldwide Leader have about half of them playing in bowl games every season.
D. C. Bear
Malbec said:

Can you guys quit quoting that maroon?

Sorry you had to read his tripe.
xiledinok
Liberty's #11 looked like a high draft pick. How did Bennett expect to beat the teams not being able to recruit guys that couldn't Liberty playing catch?

USA Today writer said yesterday that he was told that the talent level left at Baylor by Bennett would "basically be like sanctions themselves"....DC, you better get on bigger web pages than this to stop that information.
MilliVanilli
GhettoHEBear said:

Milli has no credibility. He will use anything to bash Briles.

You cannot compare losing the BCS bowl game to losing to an FCS team.
I have no credibility with a small cadre of rape apologists? That's a badge of honor, and I thank you for the compliment.

I'm sure you have some absurd counterpart on the Louisville boards singing Rick Pitino's innocence right now.
MilliVanilli
303Bear said:

That's quite a deflection from reality.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.