Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

190,108 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
xiIedinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xiledinok said:

Our former staff cannot go a month without some trash flying all over the place.
They think taking shots at Baylor makes them look good.
No one cares because everyone thinks they are thugs.

Mothra,
What is the deal with Johnny Jefferson? Did Kaz get him some hillbilly heroin to ease his pain?
Rustled xiled is my favorite xiled. Now resorting to slander. I guess when your team is 0-5 you have to hijack threads about other teams.
xiledinok
BearO, explain how he became hooked on opiates? Why would Baylor pay for rehab? Who signed off on it?

Slander? I asked a question.
Josh Gordon comes out and snitches. Now, others will start asking questions.
Rustled? I m still waiting like TMZ sports for answers.
303Bear
xiledinok said:

BearO, explain how he became hooked on opiates? Why would Baylor pay for rehab? Who signed off on it?

Well, the only source I have seen (the Our Daily Bears article) states it was "a friend" that first introduced him to Oxy.

And I am sure there are no drug dealers or pill mills in central Texas...
Mothra
xiledinok said:

You seem to be ignoring my questions. Wonder why? Let me try this again:

When will Rhule surpass the success of Briles and have us in the Final Four? Year 3? 4? 5? Which is it? When will the greatness emerge?

ColomboLQ
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

When will Rhule surpass the success of Briles and have us in the Final Four? Year 3? 4? 5? Which is it? When will the greatness emerge?

That's because he doesn't want to be pinned to an answer. That way, no matter if Rhule wins or fails, he can still claim he was "right" about something.
Mothra
ColomboLQ said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

That's because he doesn't want to be pinned to an answer. That way, no matter if Rhule wins or fails, he can still claim he was "right" about something.
Pretty cowardly, considering his boasts prior to the season. He said with certainty that Rhule would be more successful than Briles. Seems to be backing off those statements now that everyone is realizing he's eaten up with the dumb@ss.
chukronos
Thee University said:

REX said:

Update on KB
FAU beat ODU 58-28
Records set include
Highest scoring game
Most rushing TD's
Most rushing attempts
Most yards rushing
Driskel (QB) 4 rushing TD's
FAU is now picked to win CUSA
It's Owl time Thee
Need an Owl t-shirt?
How many extras do you have in your closet? I could use a , "Whoooo, Whooo Dat?" nation shirt.
Malbec
chukronos said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Update on KB
FAU beat ODU 58-28
Records set include
Highest scoring game
Most rushing TD's
Most rushing attempts
Most yards rushing
It's Owl time Thee
Need an Owl t-shirt?
How many extras do you have in your closet? I could use a , "Whoooo, Whooo Dat?" nation shirt.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Well it doesn't take much to make you guys look bad either I mean let's face it what's going to be the surprise in November.
Can you guys at least go a month without getting shot in the foot?
Can someone please translate this?

I doubt it.
xiledinok
I think 5 years. It has never happened at Baylor but I m optimistic. You have to be optomistic after the destruction and poor judgment exhibited over the past years.
I m glad you are setting the high bar for Rhule.
His honeymoon is over. I want you to confront a regent. Tell them you are mad. Do it in front of people.
Compound...
Actually, I want BearO to tell us about paying for rehab. Didn't know Baylor football was in the business of paying for rehab. Please tell us. Are they doing the same for Bobby and Betty Baylor student? I believe BearO.
We ll get back on topic tomorrow. Bennett gets his chance to beat up on someone who threw Briles under the bus.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

I think 5 years. It has never happened at Baylor but I m optimistic. You have to be optomistic after the destruction and poor judgment exhibited over the past years.
I m glad you are setting the high bar for Rhule.
His honeymoon is over. I want you to confront a regent. Tell them you are mad. Do it in front of people.
Compound...
Actually, I want BearO to tell us about paying for rehab. Didn't know Baylor football was in the business of paying for rehab. Please tell us. Are they doing the same for Bobby and Betty Baylor student? I believe BearO.
We ll get back on topic tomorrow. Bennett gets his chance to beat up on someone who threw Briles under the bus.
Ok, so 5 years and Rhule takes us to unprecedented heights never before seen - way better than that crappy Coach Briles ever got us to. Got it.

Oh, and make no mistake, I am not setting the bar high for Rhule, you are. Unlike you, I have not predicted that he will surpass the success of his predecessor given what I've seen thus far. His offensive philosophy isn't very good. I think Briles, with his offensive brand, did something at Baylor only a handful of coaches could do. Rhule is not one of them IMO. I hope I'm wrong, but he doesn't have the nuclear weapon that was the Briles offense in his arsenal. Briles' offense was the great equalizer, allowing us to hang with anyone. It's gone, and so is our ability to compete with the blue bloods, IMO.
xiledinok
Briles was a great coach but wouldn't make the difficult decisions to fix his discipline and let those in charge of discipline make him a liability.
I do think the offense had some slippage since Tulsa took some of the staff.
Did you know Baylor football was picking up tabs on rehab stints? You start getting into doing those things and next thing you know abortions start getting paid for by the school.

REX
xiledinok said:

Briles was a great coach but wouldn't make the difficult decisions to fix his discipline and let those in charge of discipline make him a liability.
Did you know Baylor football was picking up tabs on rehab stints? You start getting into doing those things and next thing you know abortions start getting paid for by the school.

So let's get this straight. J Jefferson went to rehab last year. Grobe was coach and remind us who was the AD? End of this conversation
303Bear
Curious where you are finding the info saying Baylor paid for J.Jefferson's rehab. The couple of articles I was able to find do not mention who paid.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

You're too nice. Briles wasn't anything special. Only coached the offensive side of the ball, remember? Now we have a more well-rounded coach with a NY Giants pedigree who's going to make us better in ALL phases of the game. Internal improvements abound. And we are going to slow it down on offense and run, run, run like all of the great teams of the 90's. That's the way to win in the Big 12.

NC in year 5.
RioRata
303Bear said:

Curious where you are finding the info saying Baylor paid for J.Jefferson's rehab. The couple of articles I was able to find do not mention who paid.

David Smoak did an extensive interview with JJ on 1660 back in the early spring. JJ said Baylor picked up the tab and Rhoades has confirmed it. Rhoades has also stated that this program is open to all Baylor students. IIRC JJ said he was buying his goods off the street.
303Bear
RioRata said:

303Bear said:

David Smoak did an extensive interview with JJ on 1660 back in the early spring. JJ said Baylor picked up the tab and Rhoades has confirmed it. Rhoades has also stated that this program is open to all Baylor students. IIRC JJ said he was buying his goods off the street.
Thanks for the info. Had not heard many details and was curious. Glad there is support like that available for students whether athletes or not.
xiIedinok
RioRata said:

303Bear said:

Crap. Now you're going to be on xiled's bad side for using facts to make him look stupid.
RioRata
BearackObama said:

RioRata said:

303Bear said:

Crap. Now you're going to be on xiled's bad side for using facts to make him look stupid.

X and I agreed quite often back in the baylorfans days...PMed each other from time to time. I am glad that he joined this site. I have no intention of undermining him in the least. I"m just presenting info that is already out there.
xiledinok
RioRata said:

BearackObama said:

RioRata said:

303Bear said:

X and I agreed quite often back in the baylorfans days...PMed each other from time to time. I am glad that he joined this site. I have no intention of undermining him in the least. I"m just presenting info that is already out there.
Thanks for the information. That is really classy they would help him out. My frustration is that a student athlete could get hooked and no one tended to stop it.

BearO, I have bothered you and your ilk. Trust me, I have heard.

Rio, you, Wac, Stranger and a few others have seemed to be the first good posters to express concern about Rhule. I could be wrong on him. I'll let you guys lead the charge while Thee and I just discuss FAU and ASU.
Mothra
xiledinok said:

RioRata said:

BearackObama said:

RioRata said:

303Bear said:

Thanks for the information. That is really classy they would help him out. My frustration is that a student athlete could get hooked and no one tended to stop it.

Rio, you, Wac, Stranger and a few others have seemed to be the first good posters to express concern about Rhule. I could be wrong on him. I'll let you guys lead the charge while Thee and I just discuss FAU and ASU.
Anyone who is NOT concerned with Rhule after losses to FCS schools and an 0-5 record ain't that smart. I was a huge fan of his hire, but starting off the season similar to the '99 Bears quickly had me re-evaluating. It should you as well, but of course you've got to save face given how you talked up how much better a coach he was than Briles.
xiledinok
I m concerned.
I walked out of Liberty knowing there is a realistic chance to win 1-2 games.
I knew we had little talent or depth on defense like usual and the offense wasn't working.

Again, this is a thread on our two former overpaid and overrated coordinators. It has brought out family and friends. They must be troubled that the tank severely damaged them.
Mothra, can I buy your Cab t shirt? I would be worried about the intelligence of those who purchased those shirts. I ll trade you a t shirt of a tank with stick figures on top of it giving the middle finger for those "one foot out" protest shirts. The tank is about to go off a cliff into a grease pit.
xiIedinok
xiledinok said:

RioRata said:

BearackObama said:

RioRata said:

303Bear said:

What's hilariously sad is that you actually believe that.

Looks like Bennett held the #5 team in the country to 36 points and 202 yards below their average in the Sun Devils victory while the current Baylor defensive coordinator let OK State put up school record numbers - that seems bad.

This is a good thread. Thank you Thee
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Yes Thee. This really is fun
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Ghostrider
This thread didn't age well for OP.
chukronos
Ghostrider said:

No. No, it did not. Probably part of the reason for the OP silence. To be fair, he was duped, along with the rest of us. He just couldn't quit briles and co. He had to pile on and now he looks like an idiot.
granite
Ghostrider said:

15 pages of crap that just further demonstrates that the old staff were really good coaches, even if not babysitters and that the new staff needs more time to be fully judged. after watching our current defensive coaches/team get torched all over the field yesterday, I'm actually missing norwoo just a little........why is it that the new staff can't get kids to take proper angles, and how many 50 or 60 yard sideline touchdown runs are we going to have to watch before something changes?
Mothra
xiledinok said:

I m concerned.
I walked out of Liberty knowing there is a realistic chance to win 1-2 games.
I knew we had little talent or depth on defense like usual and the offense wasn't working.

Again, this is a thread on our two former overpaid and overrated coordinators. It has brought out family and friends. They must be troubled that the tank severely damaged them.
Mothra, can I buy your Cab t shirt? I would be worried about the intelligence of those who purchased those shirts. I ll trade you a t shirt of a tank with stick figures on top of it giving the middle finger for those "one foot out" protest shirts. The tank is about to go off a cliff into a grease pit.

You are concerned. You just don't consider the possibility that it's coaching in addition to lack of talent.
ColomboLQ
BearackObama said:

xiledinok said:

RioRata said:

BearackObama said:

RioRata said:

303Bear said:

What's hilariously sad is that you actually believe that.

Looks like Bennett held the #5 team in the country to 36 points and 202 yards below their average in the Sun Devils victory while the current Baylor defensive coordinator let OK State put up school record numbers - that seems bad.

This is a good thread. Thank you Thee
I remember when we used to win games like this.
Thee University
chukronos said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Update on KB
FAU beat ODU 58-28
Records set include
Highest scoring game
Most rushing TD's
Most rushing attempts
Most yards rushing
It's Owl time Thee
Need an Owl t-shirt?
Only Baylor t-shirts in my closet. Even when Steele was sitting on the throne.
Thee University
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Yes Thee. This really is fun

Says the yapping chihuahua behind the leg of a woman.
O.B.
Thee University said:

chukronos said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Update on KB
FAU beat ODU 58-28
Records set include
Highest scoring game
Most rushing TD's
Most rushing attempts
Most yards rushing
It's Owl time Thee
Need an Owl t-shirt?
There he is! Best of luck to you today Thee making the same irrational arguments.

Call it what it is and people won't be so hard on you! Happy Sunday - you know the routine!
Thee University
Ghostrider said:

The season is just half over. Plenty of opportunities for those two dunces to revert to their normal selves.
Thee University
O.B. said:

Thee University said:

chukronos said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

Update on KB
FAU beat ODU 58-28
Records set include
Highest scoring game
Most rushing TD's
Most rushing attempts
Most yards rushing
It's Owl time Thee
Need an Owl t-shirt?
There he is! Best of luck to you today Thee making the same irrational arguments.

Call it what it is and people won't be so hard on you! Happy Sunday - you know the routine!

Look it is difficult picking up Owl tees with pencil necks and pencil sleeves. Give me some time.
303Bear
Thee University said:

Ghostrider said:

The season is just half over. Plenty of opportunities for those two dunces to revert to their normal selves.
More time actually, both of their teams will likely make a bowl, so there are still 7 chances for them to perform better than our staff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.