Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

192,716 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Mistakes were made by all.

The root cause of the entire fiasco can be traced back to poor leadership by Starr, poorer to no leadership by McCaw and horrendous and arrogant "occupation" by Briles while he burned the house done to the ground waiting for his next level job to clear. He underestimated his employers, overestimated his net value to both other schools and Baylor and left himself no rope.

I can't blame the BOR like many on here do because they were only on campus a few times each year, have REAL jobs and duties that pay and know that they would NEVER have done what they did unless their hand was forced to pull the trigger.

When you design a house with no smoke detectors, no sprinklers and you leave the kids home alone with matches, you most certainly bear a significant degree of responsibility when the house burns down.
Perhaps but good parents teach their children early and often about BAD things that can kill, maim or harm them and the parents. Good kids LEARN from good parents and don't take unnecessary risks.

Good parents don't leave their kids home alone. Particularly if some of those kids have already started fires, already been in trouble and have shown a propensity to get into trouble.
That is exactly where the BOR failed in its duties.
AFTER Briles failed in his for multiple years!
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Hey Thee, how come your friends at the Baylor Board of Regents do not have a single minority male amongst them even though there are 35+ Regents and 36% of this year's freshmen class are minority students?

I will hang up and listen.
Could it be that not one single minority male was QUALIFIED?

Who cares? Are you one of those bleeding heart liberals who has not looked at past Baylor Boards which has been peppered with minorities?

Do you honestly think that a board needs to somehow magically mirror the ethnic makeup of any given Freshman class?

Fact.
Baylor, for over a 100 years, has been about as Lilly white as you can make it. When I chose Baylor I did not care one iota what the minority count was nor the ethnic makeup. Did you?

I never have cared who was on the BOR and STILL don't today. They can appoint Bruiser, a Dancing Nugg, Jeff Dunham, Rand Paul, Mike Singletary, Willie Nelson, Crystal Bernard, Quincy Acy, Carroll Dawson or Chip & Joanna. Who cares?

Hang up for good buddy. Your BS is weak!

No, Thee, it could not be there were no minorities qualified to be on the Baylor BOR.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Mistakes were made by all.

The root cause of the entire fiasco can be traced back to poor leadership by Starr, poorer to no leadership by McCaw and horrendous and arrogant "occupation" by Briles while he burned the house done to the ground waiting for his next level job to clear. He underestimated his employers, overestimated his net value to both other schools and Baylor and left himself no rope.

I can't blame the BOR like many on here do because they were only on campus a few times each year, have REAL jobs and duties that pay and know that they would NEVER have done what they did unless their hand was forced to pull the trigger.

When you design a house with no smoke detectors, no sprinklers and you leave the kids home alone with matches, you most certainly bear a significant degree of responsibility when the house burns down.
Perhaps but good parents teach their children early and often about BAD things that can kill, maim or harm them and the parents. Good kids LEARN from good parents and don't take unnecessary risks.

Good parents don't leave their kids home alone. Particularly if some of those kids have already started fires, already been in trouble and have shown a propensity to get into trouble.
That is exactly where the BOR failed in its duties.
AFTER Briles failed in his for multiple years!

The BOR/BOT had failed for multiple decades.
REX
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Hey Thee, how come your friends at the Baylor Board of Regents do not have a single minority male amongst them even though there are 35+ Regents and 36% of this year's freshmen class are minority students?

Who cares? Are you one of those bleeding heart liberals who has not looked at past Baylor Boards which has been peppered with minorities?

Do you honestly think that a board needs to somehow magically mirror the ethnic makeup of any given Freshman class?

Fact.
Baylor, for over a 100 years, has been about as Lilly white as you can make it. When I chose Baylor I did not care one iota what the minority count was nor the ethnic makeup. Did you?

I never have cared who was on the BOR and STILL don't today. They can appoint Bruiser, a Dancing Nugg, Jeff Dunham, Rand Paul, Mike Singletary, Willie Nelson, Crystal Bernard, Quincy Acy, Carroll Dawson or Chip & Joanna. Who cares?

No, Thee, it could not be there were no minorities qualified to be on the Baylor BOR.

Wouldn't this quality as a personal attack by Thee??? Ban worthy?? I vote yes. I'm offended
Thee University
REX said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Fact.

Wouldn't this quality as a personal attack by Thee??? Ban worthy?? I vote yes. I'm offended
I'm offended that we have so many swarthy, mumbling, bumbling, spineless and gutless "fans" who are looking for instant gratification.

What did you guys do to deserve even 1 single win this year from our rebuilding team?
Malbec
Nobody deserves one single win. Nobody.
Thee University
Malbec said:

Atonement
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Fact.

For a guy that supposedly doesn't care about the BOR, you sure go out of your way to defend them.........
RioRata
Malbec said:

If not for Kansas that is exactly what would have happened.
PartyBear
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Fact.

For a guy that supposedly doesn't care about the BOR, you sure go out of your way to defend them.........
LOL. You think there is not a single minority male out there qualified to be on our BOR? I think we know what we need to know. Let me just share something with you. Rhule may be a horrible HC but I notice he is not about getting rid of the multi cultural face of Baylor football that "some" criticized Briles for giving rise to. Hip/Hop and Rap are here to stay along with the harder rock. Now we need exciting moments for those to come on and Rhule hasnt provided many but during the end of the WVU game and in the 4th Q of the OU game the Briles atmosphere of rap and hip hop and dancing nugs were back.
xiledinok
Baylor needs some lineman.
Unless your game day presentation is stuck in 1972. all the schools play all that music to create hype.
The Clay Mask isn't hip hop. It is theatrical and looks a bit off on the field.
Beer and alcohol sales in the stadium is the new generation of creating atmosphere in the stadium. I m thrilled Baylor acknowledged rock and rap music could be played in our stadium.
Beaneater
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Fact.

TU, that is a horrible post. Even for you.
Private Pyle
xiledinok said:

Unless your game day presentation is stuck in 1972. all the schools play all that music to create hype.
Beer and alcohol sales in the stadium is the new generation of creating atmosphere in the stadium. I m thrilled Baylor acknowledged rock and rap music could be played in our stadium.

Just curious, but do you drink and post much?
Malbec
Private Pyle said:

"It takes an extraordinary intelligence to contemplate the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
xiledinok
Private Pyle said:

xiledinok said:

No.
I was at lunch laughing about how old school Game Day presentation was at Baylor. It and a bad team added nothing. Baylor knows you have to change presentation with hype and music. Welcome modern football fans.
The rock music and the rap is great. Mix in country. Tailgate is A+.
Booze and alcohol are next.
The Clay Shaw mask and nugg dancing was a little bit different. I think about Clay and men doing weird things with those mask.
Rhule 1 win and his dunking set remind me why the NBA is expanding while football suffers.
Thee University
Beaneater said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Fact.

What did you not find to your standards?
Beaneater
Thee University said:

Beaneater said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Fact.

What did you not find to your standards?
All of it.
You REALLY don't think any minorities are qualified to serve on baylor's stinkin bor?
You don't think it's important that minorities be represented on the bor?
You don't think that should be a priority for those making the appointments?
You don't think diversity would be a good thing for the bor at Baylor? For a large board, especially at historically lilly-white Baylor?
You don't care who is on the board? In light of all that has happened recently, from bliss to baa to briles?
That's weak. Worse than weak. It's sad, and it's horrible.
I know, you're all about 'entertainment.' I have no idea who you really are and I sure hope you are not who you appear to be on this forum. But if these truly are your beliefs, well as they say I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
Thee University
Up until Art fired himself I'll bet 95% of this board could not name 3 regents. Why? Nobody cared.

I believe you place the best person you can get on your board. Nothing else matters. If it does you are hamstringing yourself.

Case in point: Art was too stubborn to get rid of his buddy, The Aggie, so we never realized our full potential. We could have done better .

You ladies are just falling in line to be recognized here on 365 as a caring, loving , nurturing, inclusive, politically correct joke. If I was the moderator I would ban you for possessing pencil necks, concave chests, limp wrists complete with dishwater hands.

Grow a pair before you post another word!
Malbec
Boy, if a few certain posters from the R&P find this thread, look out!
xiIedinok
Thee University said:

Up until Art fired himself I'll bet 95% of this board could not name 3 regents. Why? Nobody cared.

I believe you place the best person you can get on your board. Nothing else matters. If it does you are hamstringing yourself.

Case in point: Art was too stubborn to get rid of his buddy, The Aggie, so we never realized our full potential. We could have done better .

You ladies are just falling in line to be recognized here on 365 as a caring, loving , nurturing, inclusive, politically correct joke. If I was the moderator I would ban you for possessing pencil necks, concave chests, limp wrists complete with dishwater hands.

So you're saying (with your previous posts as well) you believe the best people for the BOR are only white people.
marco
BearackObama said:

Thee University said:

So you're saying (with your previous posts as well) you believe the best people for the BOR are only white people.
My understanding of his position (besides being bent over and holding his ankles) is that Baylor has been a bastion of white-ness forever and ever and that as long as those folks kept the rapes under wraps all was well. It was the dancing Nuggs that ruined the White Panther party.
xiledinok
The dancing needs nuggs were classless but not a surprise. The Briles and The Canadian are classless brands and no one, where college sports matters, cares about where those brands are today as long as they are not on the shelf in front of them.
What ruined everything was the failure for those in charge at every level to show responsiblity and do their adult jobs.

No one had a problem with Baylor's democraphics until the trailer trash blew up things. It's really sad the board wasn't a problem until Art failed and thinks his group should make race an issue.
Malbec
Kilo post.
Beaneater
well done on 1000 posts.
SicThe12
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Malbec said:

Meanwhile the #10 Southeastern Fire prepped for the NAIA D1 playoffs with a 65-0 trouncing of Ave Maria Univ on Senior Night to end the regular season 9-1. SEU held the Gyrenes to 114 yards of total offense (5 yards rushing), while gaining 548 yards (347 rushing) themselves and extending their scoring average as the #1 scoring offense in the nation.

In other news:

Army 21 - Duke 16 Final
UAB 24 - UTSA 19 Final

FAU beat Louisiana Tech 48-23, but they lost TOP 20:07 to 39:53.
Didn't UAB disband their team a couple of years ago?

Baylor couldn't beat a team that UAB just beat after quitting football completely in 2016?
its a process
xiledinok
1,000 pages on Bennett's next firing then we were treated with a Lame Kiffin circle jerk.

The race card is poorly played. Character counts and the fact all races should be embarrassed by this situtation.
baylorfan59
Kendall Briles is 6-0 in conference play...as OC ..
xiledinok
baylorfan59 said:

Kendall Briles is 6-0 in conference play...as OC ..
How is he in non conference against guys possibly going pro in football, versus conference guys that will mostly have severe headaches after college?
Private Pyle
xiledinok said:

The dancing needs nuggs were classless but not a surprise. The Briles and The Canadian are classless brands and no one, where college sports matters, cares about where those brands are today as long as they are not on the self in front of them.
What ruined everything was the failure for those in charge at every level to show responsiblity and do their adult jobs.

No one had a problem with Baylor's democraphics until the trailer trash blew up things. It's really sad the board wasn't a problem until Art failed and thinks his group should make race an issue.

You loved that dancing when we were winning
Thee University
BearackObama said:

Thee University said:

Are you really this ignorant? Seriously!

Where did I mention white people only? YOU are what is wrong with America.

I don't care if we appoint a Lithuanian midget, a Dinka warrior, a Siberian Yakut and a South American Mapuche. I don't care as long as they are qualified. As a matter of fact, I'd be good with 15 Serbian women models.

I still can't believe your question.

I asked for all Spice Girls posting on 365 to identify themselves. You have to be Baby Spice.
Thee University
Marco.

Which Spice Girl are you?
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

Thee University said:

I don't care if we appoint a Lithuanian midget, a Dinka warrior, a Siberian Yakut and a South American Mapuche. I don't care as long as they are qualified. As a matter of fact, I'd be good with 15 Serbian women models.

I asked for all Spice Girls posting on 365 to identify themselves. You have to be Baby Spice.

When you suggested a lack of qualified minorities, the flip side of that is that only whites were qualified.
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

Thee University said:

When you suggested a lack of qualified minorities, the flip side of that is that only whites were qualified.
Good God. Another idiot. I should have known - points/possession guru.

It's no wonder psychologists are banging on the doors of Pat Neff for your phone numbers. You guys are going to be written up in a comprehensive study detailing an obsessive addictive disorder when grown men become overly involved in hero worshipping soiled coaches and athletes all because of rescuing you from the years of being picked last on the playground when choosing teams!
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

BearackObama said:

Thee University said:

Good God. Another idiot. I should have known - points/possession guru.

It's no wonder psychologists are banging on the doors of Pat Neff for your phone numbers. You guys are going to be written up in a comprehensive study detailing an obsessive addictive disorder when grown men become overly involved in hero worshipping soiled coaches and athletes all because of rescuing you from the years of being picked last on the playground when choosing teams!

Thee, why do you think it is possible there are no qualified minorities? That's absurd.
xiledinok
What is Arizona State's points per possession stat this season? I m asking about their basketball team.
Never heard of it used in football till the robe spun it for El Chico's defensive platter.
Our former group heard that phrase on an NBA telecast.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.