Masks are Never Coming Off

198,343 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacques Strap said:

If you have an immuno-compromised child welcome to home schooling.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
ShooterTX
quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

honestly, that would be the best decision ANY parent could make, but especially for parents with immuno-compromised children. I mean it is almost negligence to send such a kid to a festering petri dish like a public school.... that's crazy.
ShooterTX
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

Do you think the governor should force face masks?
Osodecentx
ShooterTX said:

quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

honestly, that would be the best decision ANY parent could make, but especially for parents with immuno-compromised children. I mean it is almost negligence to send such a kid to a festering petri dish like a public school.... that's crazy.
I agree, but I wouldn't say "negligence"
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

What's the point of this thread? The article -and the very paragraph you quoted- says masks should be worn by people who aren't feeling well going forward.

Is there anybody on the planet who thinks this isn't a good idea?

You probably would have been the poster who complained about seatbelts being a good idea moving forward when they were invented in 1959
I don't see businesses, store fronts, sporting events, concerts, schools etc. stopping mask requirements. Ever.

Last time I checked most private businesses still require masks...
Have you been lying to yourself your entire life or just since you started posting on this board?
Where's the lie?

COVID spikes again with a different variant, which it will, and the mask should go back on according to data they're currently basing mask use on and the fact that variant vax won't exist. Failure to do so nullifies reasoning for masks in the first place.

This is the new "flu" with higher numbers. If you think we should take off the masks in the event of a ne variant spike (which will happen) then all the masking we have been doing was pointless.
And I was right.

Masks are coming back full force due to a variant.
You may very well be proven right .

Confusion and non compliance will run rampant .

D. C. Bear
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

What's the point of this thread? The article -and the very paragraph you quoted- says masks should be worn by people who aren't feeling well going forward.

You probably would have been the poster who complained about seatbelts being a good idea moving forward when they were invented in 1959
I don't see businesses, store fronts, sporting events, concerts, schools etc. stopping mask requirements. Ever.

Have you been lying to yourself your entire life or just since you started posting on this board?
Where's the lie?

COVID spikes again with a different variant, which it will, and the mask should go back on according to data they're currently basing mask use on and the fact that variant vax won't exist. Failure to do so nullifies reasoning for masks in the first place.

This is the new "flu" with higher numbers. If you think we should take off the masks in the event of a ne variant spike (which will happen) then all the masking we have been doing was pointless.
And I was right.

I don't need to wear a mask, but I will wear one if the business requests that I do so if I want to patronize them because it is a minor inconvenience and it is their shop.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

I don't need to wear a mask, but I will wear one if the business requests that I do so if I want to patronize them because it is a minor inconvenience and it is their shop.
I will not. Whether HEB or WalMart, I will simply tell the mask enforcer that I am going inside, gonna pick up my few items while social distancing. I will go to the self checkout, buy my stuff and leave. If that is unacceptable, please feel free to call local law enforcement and have me arrested.

I am done with this crap. Not doing it anymore.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Wrecks Quan Dough
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

I will not. Whether HEB or WalMart, I will simply tell the mask enforcer that I am going inside, gonna pick up my few items while social distancing. I will go to the self checkout, buy my stuff and leave. If that is unacceptable, please feel free to call local law enforcement and have me arrested.

Dollars to Holes in a Donut: HEB will not require masks. They have smart people on their team. If only our government could find some people as smart as HEB people.
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

Then open up your own business .
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

Then open up your own business .
No need. I just want to support the businesses that are already here. I am 58 years old and just entered the backstretch. I don't want to work that hard.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jacques Strap
Back in May...

Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

It depends on the person.

Many will comply a long way with requests, some refuse authority and consensus. We're not trusting our governments and authorities for good reason. Want to blame someone, blame the idiots running our country and giving people real reasons not to trust them.
whiterock
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

"Solzhenitsyn's brilliance was in observing that, in the end, this trait of characterthe willingness to resist lies, be yourself, and tell the truth even when people won't like you (or will kill you) for itis one of the small number of necessary characteristics to grind true tyranny to a halt. The other, if you want to know, is laughter."
--James Lindsey
"Manifesto for the Based"

Doc Holliday
Crazy how comfortable they are talking about mandates.

whiterock
Crazy how comfortable they are on a lot of nonsense

Edit: Apparently, one cannot note the irony of Democrats on one hand demanding vaccine passports to move about daily life, while on the other demanding that a photo ID is an unreasonable requirement for voting.
Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

Crazy how comfortable they are on a lot of nonsense

Edit: Apparently, one cannot note the irony of Democrats on one hand demanding vaccine passports to move about daily life, while on the other demanding that a photo ID is an unreasonable requirement for voting.
I don't understand how one could hold both of those beliefs and not realize the hypocrisy, or not care.
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

Many will comply a long way with requests, some refuse authority and consensus. We're not trusting our governments and authorities for good reason. Want to blame someone, blame the idiots running our country and giving people real reasons not to trust them.
Only people I blame are in China.

Regardless, I don't want the government forcing people to get vaccinated or to wear masks .

However if a business make's such a demand I am fine with it.

Just flew back from Montana . Had to wear a mask the entire flight. Didn't like it ( since I am fully vaccinated ) but it is their airlines ( Southwest ) and I chose to fly with them ....I did as required.

No different than the baker refusing business over his religious beliefs .

We cant 'pick and choose'....if business are free to set their own policies then we either need to follow those policies or shop somewhere else.
Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

Regardless, I don't want the government forcing people to get vaccinated or to wear masks .

Just flew back from Montana . Had to wear a mask the entire flight. Didn't like it ( since I am fully vaccinated ) but it is their airlines ( Southwest ) and I chose to fly with them ....I did as required.

We cant 'pick and choose'....if business are free to set their own policies then we either need to follow those policies or shop somewhere else.
I agree with businesses because I fully respect property rights.

I don't trust government with those rights, If we did, our country would have dissolved a long time ago.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

I understand fully.
If the vaccinated wear a mask it is for the benefit of the unvaxxed. I think I won't wear one anymore unless the business I want to enter requires it. I don't know anyone who is immune compromised.

There are 2 types of unvaxxed; those who have had Covid and those who will have it. The ones who contract Covid probably won't die and their antibodies are more durable than the antibodies obtained through vaccination.

We aren't going the get rid of this coronavirus so we'll just have to learn to live with it like we live with the flu. I'll get the booster when doctors recommend it.
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

It is my understanding that the govt, has mandates all airlines require passengers to wear masks, so it's possible this was not a private business decision.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

It is my understanding that the govt, has mandates all airlines require passengers to wear masks, so it's possible this was not a private business decision.
It's hard to socially distance in an airplane
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

Don't disagree. I was just clarifying this isn't necessarily a private business decision by the airline.
Guy Noir
For me the issue is not about mask, but striving to reduce the number of infections that occur.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

Do you think the governor should force face masks?

You made that assumption at least once before, and I will repeat what I told you then: "Give me info, not orders."

But since that didn't take.

No, the governor should not force face masks. Gov. Abbott should not attempt to order mask wearing again. Nope. To your question my answer is "no".

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

I flew last February on a short commuter hop (one row of seats on the left, two on the right). Eight of us on board. The five on the left had two rows of spacing between them.

Those of us on the right were assigned to consecutive rows.
4th and Inches
Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

just got off a plane- it is a federal guideline. From the time I parked the car at the terminal in Dallas until the time I drove off the lot of the rental place in Philly, I had a mask on

Nice and cool up here in Allentown PA.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

I flew last February on a short commuter hop (one row of seats on the left, two on the right). Eight of us on board. The five on the left had two rows of spacing between them.

Weight distribution?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

Weight distribution?
seating is always weird on a puddle jumper
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

Weight distribution?

Unlikely: two of the left five were bigger than I am, and I was the biggest of the right three.
Doc Holliday
Lockdown coming back?

Wrecks Quan Dough
Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Nice job ya got there. Be a real shame if anything happened to it. The only real insurance against that is if you and neighbor get the shot. Ya hear what I am tellin' ya?
Whiskey Pete
Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Democrats should be screaming at 'ole dementia joe. He's about to cost them dearly come next election. Your average American is sick and tired of masks, mandates and lockdowns
Sam Lowry
Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Your average American is sick and tired of masks, mandates and lockdowns
Evidently not.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Your average American is sick and tired of masks, mandates and lockdowns
Evidently not.
Everywhere I go lately.... very few people wearing masks. Trust me, they're tired of it.
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

^^^ Prophetic OP?

And the beat goes on and on and on .....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.